Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    Whats innteresting about trumps brand of nationalism vs nationalism throughout history, is normally those people revered the military mussolini and hitler both served, pinochet was a general, bolsonaro was in the military, putin was a top member of the kgb,
    Normally in "nationalist" countries if the military took over they would celebrate the military instead our president decries them as the "deep state" coup by military officials not seen as loyal enough to him.
    Trump probably just takes it for granted that the military will support whoever is on the Republican ticket, because the evil Dems spend so much time talking about how military funding should be diverted to...you know...things that would actually help the citizens of this country (as opposed to being spent on murdering brown people overseas).

This is assuming, of course, that he puts any thought into it at all. And isn't simply reacting to anything he perceives as an attack on his fragile ego, regardless of the potential consequences. Even if those "attacks" come from members of the military.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2020-07-05 at 01:38 AM.

I'm surprised he didn't think dessert storm was something that comes after he eats his hamberders.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Has Trump responded to his boy Kanye running against him yet?
    Why do I keep thinking every crazy thing in this thread is a joke, its all real, all the crazy is real. Kanye has no chance in winning of course, but he still could impact the election if he steals votes away from Biden (because republicans sure won't vote for him now that he's jumped off the Trump-bus). Lets hope the manic wears off before he files any actual paperwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    This is 100% false as contact with other humans is the way the virus spreads. The MOST important guideline is to social distance. The use of masks is for those that cannot social distance, such as those deemed essential workers.
    Woops, you're wrong.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Has Trump responded to his boy Kanye running against him yet?
    He has welcomed it. And why wouldn't he? Who do you think is going to vote for Kanye? It won't be the white Trump supporters.

Seems to me if Kanye runs then it only helps Trump. Probably why he's running at all since he's a Trump supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryk View Post
    he's a Trump supporter
    um... If you're aware of that, what makes you think people opposed to Trump would want to vote for him? Because he's black? Please.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    um... If you're aware of that, what makes you think people opposed to Trump would want to vote for him? Because he's black? Please.
    Don't underestimate the typical voter, they continue to surprise with their stupidity and ignorance.

People would vote for Kanye because of his name only. They can then go home and say they didn't vote for Trump while all that does give him the edge he needs. A vote for Biden is the only way to rid us from four more years of this shitshow.
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

As an update to my earlier report, these were posted on worldometers tonight:
    NOTES:
    Minnesota: "In observance of the Fourth of July holiday, we will not be updating the data on this page on Saturday, July 4. Updates will resume on Sunday, July 5" [source]
    Louisiana: "LDH will observe Independence Day and not update the COVID-19 dashboard on July 4. Reporting will resume July 5." [source]
    California: San Diego County: "In observance of the holiday, data will not be updated on July 4th, data updates will resume on July 5th" [source] This is in addition to Los Angeles County.
    NH, KY, RI: no reports today
    So my guess is one of two things will happen: the reports from today will be spread out over the next two days or everything will be lumped into a big report on Tuesday. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    a very interesting study for sure, some quotes i like

"This mismatch of tactics has drawn many in the public health community to speculate that the protest movement could lead to a surge in COVID-19 cases (Bacon 2020; Goldberg 2020; Harmon and Rojas 2020). On the other hand, other public health experts have made the argument that the goals of the protests may be worth the costs (Simon 2020)"

man that sound like what i said when i claimed americans felt their need to protest was more important than obeying covid safety guidelines.

"However, whether the Black Lives Matter protests actually caused an increase in the spread of COVID-19 is an open question"

thus this study

"In sum, we hypothesize that protests are activities that would increase disease transmission, albeit perhaps in a dampened fashion if countermeasures such as masks are used pervasively."

yeah large gatherings increase chance of covid spreading, we can only hope they used tight fitting masks with propur filters.

" Finally, non-attendees may perceive a higher risk of COVID-19 infection due to the protests and choose
    to stay home."

good on those folks for understanding how foolish it is to join large crowds of protesters so they stay home to avoid them.

"Our findings suggest that any direct decrease in social distancing among the subset of the population participating in the protests is more than offset by increasing social distancing behavior among others who may choose to shelter-at-home and circumvent public places while the protests are underway"

that's good news, a silver lining i hadn't thought of yet but...

"Hence, the effects of the protests on social distancing appear to be somewhat transitory and may fade over the longer-run, possibly as the violence and scope of the protests abate"

that's not good as the dangers of violence and crowd size decrease the effects of other staying home deceases as well..yikes...guess we need more violent protests? hope not

"This study is the first to empirically examine the linkage between the 2020 Black Lives Matter protests and the spread of COVID-19, which has been a point of concern among public health officials and the media"

Dam right it has been

"While it is almost certain that the protests caused a decrease in social distancing behavior among protest attendees, we demonstrate that effect of the protests on the social distancing behavior of the entire population residing in counties with large urban protests was positive."

and

"Regardless of the underlying mechanisms, our findings show that the protests and the fight against COVID-19 were on net aligned. It is important to underscore that our findings do not imply that that this was the case for all parts of the population. The net effect of increased sheltering and decreased case growth could mask adverse outcomes within a subset of the population (specifically protest attendees)"

so, where am i wrong in that those who are protesting and ignoring guidelines for covid safety are increasing the risk of covid spread? Because it pretty much says that's what they are doing and that their increased rate of spreading it is only offset by the fact that other humans realised that these large groups were likely to get them hurt or sick and thus practiced social distancing by staying home. While, like i said, i didn't see that silver lining, but i'm not sure we should use large violent protests to encourage folks to social distance. Anyways thanks for linking me this study by the way. really good read.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    We have evidence that you don't need social distancing if everyone wears a damn mask, or at least not to the degree we currently have it. That's kinda what my article was about. The 2 hairstylists who saw over 140 people while being positive for Covid, everyone wore masks, nobody else got sick.
    That's not exactly what happened, though. Those 140 people were potentially exposed before those hairstylists tested positive, not after, so it's entirely possible that the majority of those people weren't exposed while those two hairstylists were actually contagious. And only 46 of the 140 were actually tested, so there's no knowing how many of the remaining 94 potentially exposed people (over two thirds of the total) may have been infected.

While it's good news that masks seem to be fairly effective as long as their usage is widespread enough, the idea that "you don't need social distancing" is ridiculous; masks are not a substitute for distance.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

I wonder what trump loving Nascar fans will think now of this hoax

https://sports.yahoo.com/nascar-jimm...221229499.html

Jimmie Johnson became the first NASCAR driver to announce he had tested positive for COVID-19 on Friday, and will miss Sunday’s Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

Johnson, who is asymptomatic, took the test after his wife, Chandra, had tested positive herself.

6 days around here to get a test and results but they get i guess faster treatment cause....reasons

It’s unclear when Johnson will be able to return, though NASCAR rules state that he must be symptom-free, test negative for the coronavirus twice in tests that are at least 24 hours apart and be cleared by a physician.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    The famous Vietnam desert.

As opposed to the jungles in Iraq.
    No you're wrong it is the arctic plains of Iraq, the lifeless planetscape of Germany, and the jungles of Klendathu home planet of the Bugs. All the different battlegrounds America has fought on in the last 100 years.

P.S. I almost forgot the space battlegrounds of Korea.

Well, for once, Trump would be right(as much I hate to even say those words) as this would be fake news. Source. Both Snopes and CNN claim the video was edited and is misleading. As much as I hate the man, misleading videos give him ammo to use. Let his normal stupid things he says be his undoing along with his inability to even do anything right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Well, for once, Trump would be right(as much I hate to even say those words) as this would be fake news. Source. Both Snopes and CNN claim the video was edited and is misleading. As much as I hate the man, misleading videos give him ammo to use. Let his normal stupid things he says be his undoing along with his inability to even do anything right.
    Meh, I was wrong on that part. Doesn't alter the fact that Trump is in clear decline given how much he has been slurring lately.

Now if only Twitter would do the same to Trump cultists who have been claiming that Joe Biden said 'I'm Joe Bidens husband, Joe Biden', when he was saying "I'm Jill Bidens husband". It's a joke he says a lot, apparently.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

wait if cnn is fake news, calling that fake news
    by the transitive property
    its actually TRUE

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Meh, I was wrong on that part. Doesn't alter the fact that Trump is in clear decline given how much he has been slurring lately.

Now if only Twitter would do the same to Trump cultists who have been claiming that Joe Biden said 'I'm Joe Bidens husband, Joe Biden', when he was saying "I'm Jill Bidens husband". It's a joke he says a lot, apparently.
    you know its weird as a left leaning person, i do have this feeling of empathy sometimes even for the worst of people, i almost feel bad that we got that video 20k retweets and 50k likes on twitter..even though trumpers constantly share altered videos of biden to make him look bad...and those dont get flagged, i get it twitters trying to apply their policy to a pro-biden org to be "fair" but they really dont apply it in 90% of situations to trump supporters

But I was told by certain people that CNN and Snopes are both fake news. So that means they must be lying about the fakeness of this video!

Also Soros/Hilary/Oblameo.

Trump said, “In the fields and jungles of Vietnam, they delivered a swift and swiffian, It was swift and it was sweeping like nobody’s ever seen happen. A victory in Operation Desert Storm, a lot of you were involved in that. A lot of you were involved. That was a quick one.” OMG
    https://twitter.com/tribelaw/status/...960584707?s=19

My goodness this word salad idiot.

Swift? Swiffian, wtf? Now depends where we start but the United States was in Vietnam for 10 plus years. Vietnam was a quagmire, a mess overall. We all know that history. An oh btw this chicken shit didn't go. 6 deferments.

A lot people involved in Desert Storm? I mean relatively speaking not really.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Cases, Cases, Cases! If we didn’t test so much and so successfully, we would have very few cases. If you test 40,000,000 people, you are going to have many cases that, without the testing (like other countries), would not show up every night on the Fake Evening News.....
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...977252864?s=19

This idiot is still using this logic?
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    This idiot is still using this logic?
    If you're worried about that, you'll be horrified at the Tulsa rally. He's still claiming he is responsible for Veteran's Choice, took credit for defense spending that happens every year anyhow (he should have taken credit for the increase but by choosing not to do so, he's a liar), and yes, talked about how more testing is more cases.

He is also still pushing "biggest tax cut in history" which, to be true, would have to ignore context and inflation. Also, if he chooses to do that, then he has to eat that his tariffs are the biggest tax increase in American history.

10+ Year Old Account
    Through the magic of Trump’s history of being a moronic glory hole... I mean hog... I shall bring forth a combination of the two topics on this page. I present Trump comparing his sex live and STDs to fighting in Vietnam:

Trump, comparing sex to Vietnam, said in 1998 he should receive the Congressional Medal of Honor
    https://money.cnn.com/2016/10/14/med...tds/index.html
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi