10+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap, it's coming rapid-fire today.

1) Both McConnell and Graham are at risk of losing their seats. Graham's wife might have less free time on her hands, and I might have less Graham's wife on my hands.

2) Senate passes bill that would kiktok TikTok off federal devices.

"What's wrong with that?"

Nothing. Makes sense to me.

3) Trump is still claiming the Beirut explosion was an attack despite nobody else backing that play and the cause now believed to be improperly stored seized ammonium nitrate.

4) Trump's requests for a fourth, earlier debate as expected was rejected.

5) Chapter 12 bankruptcies grew another 8% last year. In other words, trade wars are bad, and easy to lose, but the coronavirus makes them worse and easier.

6) The NOAA says expect an "extremely active" Atlantic hurricane season. They did not post anything in Sharpie.

7) Facing reports of excessive force and improper use of military-level force in Portland, the head of DHS told the press "I don't exist".

But the acting head of DHS is now doing an investigation. It will almost assuredly come up "we did nothing wrong" but at this point, he's screwed either way. They were caught by witnesses and cameras and shit. His choices are few: admit fault and work on a solution, or deny fault and give Biden ammuntion.

8) The US lifted its world travel advisory, basically admitting things are worse here than in all (but 30) countries in the world.

9) In the ongoing effort to end Phase One, the US is looking to sell military-grade drones to Taiwan. I don't even know if we should do that or not, but any move like this will make China move even further from the bargaining table. They're already in the house next door.

10) 1.2 million people filed for unemployment for the first time this week. While that's better than expected, it's now 20 weeks in a row it's been a million plus. Unemploymen is now about 10.6% as in "neither W nor Obama ever saw higher than ten percent" and Trump's number just dropped to that.

I think that's enough for one post. I'm sure I'll have ten more by the time I hit Control-R.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The “he is against energy” part... is worse than that... he kind of called Biden entropy.
    Biden's against energy? What, he's the information paradox, or an entity that can reverse entropy?

What the fuck did he mean with those words? Please someone enlighten me
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2020-08-06 at 07:53 PM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    As a quick followup, the Democrats seem dug in on extending unemployment benefits, which apparently a record level of Americans still require. When Pelosi was asked why she couldn't make a deal with the GOP, she said "maybe you mistook them for someone who gives a damn?"

No, really.

Wanna see the video?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Biden's against energy? What, he's the information paradox, or an entity that can reverse entropy?
    An entity that can reverse entropy? Does that make him Dr Manhattan?

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    He's a Matter Supremacist.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    As a quick followup, the Democrats seem dug in on extending unemployment benefits, which apparently a record level of Americans still require. When Pelosi was asked why she couldn't make a deal with the GOP, she said "maybe you mistook them for someone who gives a damn?"

No, really.

Wanna see the video?
    I loved cramer when she said that. Oh jesus.

10+ Year Old Account
    This probably deserves more than a single line.

The 2020 Atlantic hurricane season is racking up storms at breakneck speed. To date, the season is about two weeks ahead of record pace and it's only one third of the way through. On Wednesday, the news became more concerning as the research team at Colorado State University (CSU) — the standard bearer for seasonal forecasts — released the most dire forecast in their 37-year history.

Labeling the 2020 hurricane season "extremely active," the team is now predicting 24 named storms, including 12 total hurricanes and 5 major hurricanes — each figure about double that of a normal season. If the forecast proves accurate, 2020 would be the second most active Atlantic hurricane season, behind only the record-shattering 2005 season which brought Hurricanes Katrina and Wilma.

Only 21 storm names are allotted each year because the letters Q, U, X, Y and Z are not used. As a result, if 24 tropical storms are indeed named, the National Hurricane Center will have to employ the Greek alphabet for overflow. This has only happened one time on record — in 2005 when the Atlantic experienced 28 named storms.
    I want everyone, men, women, and Trump supporters, to look at Puero Rico and decide if Trump is ready for that level of hurricane season.

I want everyone, men, women, and Trump supporters, to look at Puero Rico and decide if Trump is ready for that level of hurricane season.
    I'm sure he'll have enough paper towels for everyone.

In all seriousness, between COVID-19 and the coming onslaught, stay safe everyone out in that region.

EDIT: *sigh* And now that fucking idiot has "Thighland" trending. And before the same people jump in with "OMG you're falling for a distraction look at this other shit!" I am MORE than capable of calling Trump a dumbfuck for his daily mental stumbles as well as condemning him for the policies he is enacting or trying to enact that are harming people, nations and the planet. There is no upper limit for the number of ways I can criticize him and I sincerely doubt that anyone here is truly "distracted" from the important shit when we're cracking jokes about what a stupid asshole he is. Thanks.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-08-06 at 08:19 PM.

I quick did a peek of Trump's speech.

Okay he was making fun of Biden always saying the wrong state that he is in and he has never done it. So one of his examples and said this was the worse was Biden in Indiana saying its great to be in Florida. Then he says "look at the palm trees to show the mistake. But it sounded very much like he was meaning palm trees in Indiana. I hope there is a transcript and I will link if so.

Possibly true.

Ok he just tried to make fun of Biden for getting states mixed up and said, “it’s really bad when he is in a place like Indiana and he says, ‘it’s great to be in the great state of Florida’ and there are like Palm trees everywhere.” Excuse me, what palm trees in Indiana? #potus
    https://twitter.com/ShnattyIce/statu...759142913?s=19
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2020-08-06 at 08:25 PM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    At times like this, it's actually pretty funny to visit FOX News.

#1 is the NRA fighting back, and Trump calling out the NY AG. But it rings hollow -- Trump just suggested the NRA move to Texas. If NY's actions are biased or illegal or have no merit, wouldn't they just stay put, fight the case on the issues, and win?

#2 is calling Biden racist. "Both sides are racist" is about all they have left.

#3 is calling out election fraud for mailed ballots, citing...something, I'm sure.

Also, did you see the Geraldo Rivera interview of Trump? And also, did you know Trump got interviewed by Geraldo Rivera?

Also, did you see the Geraldo Rivera interview of Trump? And also, did you know Trump got interviewed by Geraldo Rivera?
    Was it Geraldo, or Geraldo's Mustache that did the interview?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    If even 5-10% of Trump's support within the Republican Party stays at home, and assuming there's no widespread voter fraud, voter suppression, or other attacks on democracy as a whole, mathematically, he's out. He needs that base intact.
    Something interesting to consider heading towards the finish line - Trump's support staying home. I was watching the GOP primary results, not to see who won, but to see how many people showed up to vote for someone else. In Utah, with snow and freezing conditions, 42,085 registered Republicans went to the ballots to vote for someone else. That's EFFORT. To vote for someone else.

And...confirmed. Vid in link

Trump thinks there's palm trees in Indiana https://t.co/Da75Kl8JlE
    https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1...799451136?s=19
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

it makes sense why there is so much bernie/trump overlap when i watch trumps recent axios interview
    trump is a class reductionist through and through
    when asked about black people killed by police he cant comprehend there might be social differences and immediately pivots to the economy " their unemployment was the lowest ever!" and simply believe by alleviating economic differences that it solves social inequity in society, class reductionist are uncomfortable accepting the fact that social inequality exist and isnt a product of the system but rather peoples real prejudices

10+ Year Old Account
    FB finds a pro-Trump PAC lying repeatedly in ads, kicks them off, and keeps their money.

"Next time follow the rules," they basically said.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Oh ffs, he's still doing his best Hank Hill impression complaining about low flow toilets and appliances, too - https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1291467075383439366

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Something interesting to consider heading towards the finish line - Trump's support staying home.
    This is expected, but cannot be counted on. The Democrats need to power up the "is the status quo really what you want?" message and make sure every Democrat, every Independant, and every disheartened current/former Repubilcan gets to the ballot box, in some form or other. If state governors ban mailed ballots, they need to fight for more voting sites that are safe to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The “he is against energy” part... is worse than that... he kind of called Biden entropy.
    I mean . . . aren't we all?
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    FB is going after large and small fish, it seems. They just grabbed and banned 35 accounts of pro-Trump fans claiming to be Americans, but actually Romanians lying about anecdotal evidence about being Americans who liked Trump.

Man, thank goodness we don't have any fake American really Romanian Trump supporters here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I mean . . . aren't we all?
    Not to the extent of hating energy... (Yes, keep pointing out my jokes are shit. )

Man, thank goodness we don't have any fake American really Romanian Trump supporters here.
    I still giggle when ever I run into one of the red blooded Americans with “deleted” accounts, after the GDPR verification. It was the first significant loss of Trump supporters on the forum... was noticeable...
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-08-06 at 08:46 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi