10+ Year Old Account
    Deadline is coming. Let's talk about the Iran Nuclear Deal, which so far, all sides say has been working as agreed. Germany?

German Chancellor Angela Merkel defended the Iran nuclear deal in an interview with an Israeli TV channel, saying an imperfect deal is better than no deal and that her country will “watch very closely” to ensure it is being fulfilled.

Her comments were broadcast Sunday, ahead of a meeting in Washington this week with President Donald Trump who vows to withdraw from the agreement by May 12 unless U.S. and European negotiators agree to fix what he calls its serious flaws. Separately, French President Emmanuel Macron, a fellow defender of the Iran deal, begins a state visit in the U.S. on Monday.

The 2015 deal, negotiated by the U.S. and other world powers, curbs Iran’s nuclear program in exchange for easing economic sanctions. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has vehemently opposed the agreement, saying it falls short of containing the nuclear ambitions of Iran, a declared foe of Israel.

Merkel told Israel TV’s Channel 10 that she can understand the “great worries in Israel, concerning what is emanating from Iran.”

“The issue on which we disagree is how we can best contain this,” she said. “Prime Minister Netanyahu believes that the nuclear deal with Iran does not provide the security Israel desires. We believe it’s better to have this agreement, even if it is not perfect, than to have no agreement. We will continue to discuss this, but Germany will watch very closely to ensure that this agreement will be fulfilled.”
    Hmm. Interesting point. Iran, you want to take the other side?

Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said Tehran has "many options" if the U.S. pulls out of a nuclear agreement, adding that those options are "not pleasant."

“The reason that President Trump has not withdrawn from the deal over the past 15 months in spite of the fact that he did not like the deal has been the fact that everybody has advised the administration that this is not a bilateral agreement between Iran and the United States and withdrawing from it would be seen by the international community as an indication that the United States is not a reliable partner," Zarif said on CBS’s “Face the Nation.”

“Iran has many options and those options are not pleasant,” he said, adding that Iran's "nuclear activities" are ready to be resumed at a "much greater speed."

Zarif also said there is no reason for Iran to remain in the agreement with other western powers if the accord's benefits “start to diminish.”

He added that Iran would not accept an agreement between the U.S. and its allies to address some of Trump’s concerns. Trump, who came into office vowing to tear up the “worst deal ever negotiated,” has set a May 12 deadline to improve the accord.

“What is important is for the Europeans to bring the United States into compliance because Iran has been in compliance with the deal. It's been the United States that has failed to comply,” he said.

“President Trump has made it very clear that it is trying to dissuade our economic partners from engaging with Iran and that's a clear violation of the deal. So I think if, if European members of of the nuclear agreement, the E3, want to make the work, they have to make the deal sustainable and in order to make it sustainable it's not to address the additional demands of the United States but bring the United States in compliance with its obligations already undertaken under the deal.”
    For added fun, the Iranian diplomat was soft-lobbed an easy question, along the lines of "if the US leaves the Iran Nuclear Deal, why would any other country, such as North Korea, trust the US?" And the diplomat didn't take the bait, saying each country should make its own decisions.

10+ Year Old Account

Something about this picture is off? Oh! Where is Jimmy Carter?

Why does Bill always look like his is photobombing his own pictures?

Sorry if the photo is too big, I'll fix it later when I get to my desktop if need by.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    [IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DbY8IoPW4AAu11C?format=jpg[/IG]

Sorry if the photo is too big, I'll fix it later when I get to my desktop if need by.
    Trump couldn't get off his golf course to be in the picture eh? Must be hard to be around presidents that are actually liked.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Trump couldn't get off his golf course to be in the picture eh?
    Based purely on the stories we're seeing, either Trump, or Melania, would go. But not both.

I guess those 4 Presidents won the coin toss.

http://trade.ec.europa.eu/doclib/pre...ex.cfm?id=1830

I'm suprised people aren't discussing this more. EU and Mexico are telling Trump to fuck off with his tariffs and just trade with each other tariff-free.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Based purely on the stories we're seeing, either Trump, or Melania, would go. But not both.

That they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Therec View Post
    http://trade.ec.europa.eu/doclib/pre...ex.cfm?id=1830

I'm suprised people aren't discussing this more. EU and Mexico are telling Trump to fuck off with his tariffs and just trade with each other tariff-free.
    Trump loves making it easier for other countries to do business with one another.

10+ Year Old Account

According to Fox News, theres 5 presidents in that picture.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account

The last time I went to a theater was for Batman... I’d go on release weekend if Bush jr and Bill Clinton were in a road trip comedy. Fuck... a new Cannonball Run where one of the contestant cars is a Presidential limo with Bush and Bill would be hilarious... or... “Weekend at Reagan’s” would be comedy gold!
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    “Weekend at Reagan’s” would be comedy gold!
    I'm pretty sure the gop have been doing this for years. Dragging his used up corpse around pretending to forget (or are just ignorant) that he back tracked on reaganomics and raised taxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

That they did.

Trump loves making it easier for other countries to do business with one another.
    But they need us more than we need them right???

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

He probably didn't want to be in a room full of people better as his job than he is. Which is every room, but I digress.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

10+ Year Old Account
    The rumor I heard is that 45 was told to GTFO, as Barbara didn't like him

" In the course of a CNN interview, for example, she proclaimed that “[Trump] doesn’t give many answers to how he would solve problems. He sort of makes faces and says insulting things … He’s said terrible things about women, terrible things about the military. I don’t understand why people are for him, for that reason. I’m a woman … I’m not crazy about what he says about women.”"
    Just preface all my posts with "Well, I didn't read the thread, but..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi
    You don't need to see any identification.
    This isn't the user you're looking for.
    Move along.
    Fixed a bug allowing Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations
    Minor text fixes

Quote Originally Posted by Alopex View Post
    The rumor I heard is that 45 was told to GTFO, as Barbara didn't like him

" In the course of a CNN interview, for example, she proclaimed that “[Trump] doesn’t give many answers to how he would solve problems. He sort of makes faces and says insulting things … He’s said terrible things about women, terrible things about the military. I don’t understand why people are for him, for that reason. I’m a woman … I’m not crazy about what he says about women.”"
    Well, he did run down her son, Jeb, the entirety of the primary process. Not entirely surprising.

Deleted
    He threw in a random "total witch hunt" tweet! Discuss

Trump couldn't get off his golf course to be in the picture eh? Must be hard to be around presidents that are actually liked.
    To be fair, it's not entirely expected for the current president to attend a formal first lady's funeral. Obama did not attend Nancy Reagan's, for example (though like here I believe Michelle did).

Quote Originally Posted by CrowleyXIV View Post
    He threw in a random "total witch hunt" tweet! Discuss
    I found the "There's no there there" tweet more interesting tbh.
    Last edited by Kiri; 2018-04-23 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    To be fair, it's not entirely expected for the current president to attend a formal first lady's funeral. Obama did not attend Nancy Reagan's, for example (though like here I believe Michelle did).
    Difference being that Obama was working a bit more often than Trump. We all know Trump wasn't working during this and could easily have appeared.

10+ Year Old Account
    [IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DbY8IoPW4AAu11C?format=jpg[/IM

2 things stick out to me:
    1. Melania looks happier without Trump around.
    2. Holy shit Melania's heels are almost 90° in angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    2 things stick out to me:
    1. Melania looks happier without Trump around.
    2. Holy shit Melania's heels are almost 90° in angle.
    Anyone would be that happy to be away from Trump when they have to "live" with him.