Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Notice I didnt mention cable because that isnt a taxpayer funded thing (unless youre lazy and on welfare). Police IS funded by taxes and as such, rural residents SHOULD be entitled to police protection
    Notice how you haven't actually answered any questions about why you think a rural minority of 15% should get to decide what's best for a whole state?

Notice how your dumbass idea about paving over Central Park to turn it into a parking lot would in no way fix the actual traffic problems of NYC?

Etc.

Notice how you are just churning out nonsense?

Except those voters vote for people who are concerned with bullshit like public transportation, bicycle lanes, public housing, beautifying and maintaining unnecessary city parks (like central park, which should be paved over and made into the worlds largest parking lot so people who do go to and live in the city have somewhere to park. It could make money instead of cost money to maintain), etc... and people who dont live in the one big city doesnt give a shit about that kind of crap and doesnt have any need for it, and will never use it, yet things they do need never get any of the tax money that they pay in, and they are stuck driving on pothole ridden roads, or dirt roads, last roads to get plowed if they get plowed at all when it snows. There are never any police presence so everyone drives like maniacs knowing they will never get a ticket and so on
    Those voters vote for things that concern them. And it just so happens that there're a fuckton more of them than people like you, who live in bumfuck nowhere. Again, and i hope this gets in your head, PEOPLE vote, LAND DOES NOT.

And what's the crap about old conservatives and destroying public transportation/parks? You get some sick sense of satisfaction from fucking up people's wellbeing?

- - - Updated - - -

Notice I didnt mention cable because that isnt a taxpayer funded thing (unless youre lazy and on welfare). Police IS funded by taxes and as such, rural residents SHOULD be entitled to police protection
    Yeah, they should. In numbers according to the population density. It's wasteful to spend $$ in 100 police cars for an area that only needs 2.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have him on ignore, but all of the things he's bitching about are handled by local municipalities and local funding; NY's "rural" residents aren't funding the operation of the subways, by and large, but they are benefiting from the enormous revenue the city brings to the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    I have him on ignore, but all of the things he's bitching about are handled by local municipalities and local funding; NY's "rural" residents aren't funding the operation of the subways, by and large, but they are benefiting from the enormous revenue the city brings to the state.
    i'm reminded of how fast & hard kansas tanked once conservatives were allowed to actually enable all of their looney policies that were unsustainable in reality.
    conservatives have no idea how functional government & fiscal policy is actually run.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    What we need is for each state to have its own electoral college for the same reason we have a national one. To keep the one large city in each state from dictating policy for the other 97% of the state. Look at New York. You have far left liberal New York City, and then you have the rest of New York which is rural farmlands. Whats good for the city isnt good for the countryside. Same with my state of Pa. We got Liberal far left Philadelphia, and then the rest of the state with a small pocket of liberals in state college (where Penn State University is located). We need to take away the power of the big city and give it to the rest of the state.
    Go read Federalist #22.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Trump when asked if he would commit to a peaceful transfer of power if he loses: "We're gonna have to see what happens."

Trump when pressed again to answer: "Get rid of the ballots, we'll have a very peaceful transfer."

A disqualifying statement.

Holy Shit!

He is speaking as President of literally getting rid of ballots. Now this dude is such a simple moron that you could take it as every ballot that doesn't vote for him. I believe he is talking about all mail-in ballots, which HOLY SHIT this is going to be many votes since the COVID pandemic.

This is real people!
    Any competent US legislative house would have impeeched and removed the POTUS for that one minute alone.
    - Lars

What we need is for each state to have its own electoral college for the same reason we have a national one. To keep the one large city in each state from dictating policy for the other 97% of the state. Look at New York. You have far left liberal New York City, and then you have the rest of New York which is rural farmlands. Whats good for the city isnt good for the countryside. Same with my state of Pa. We got Liberal far left Philadelphia, and then the rest of the state with a small pocket of liberals in state college (where Penn State University is located). We need to take away the power of the big city and give it to the rest of the state.
    I see the stage act as come out of retirement again spouting the lunacy to get reactions.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I swear every time I see clips of a Trump rally or some event where he's spewing his usual garbage I always think of that scene, "So this is how democracy dies, with thunderous applause".
    Same here. That's the thought that keeps running through my head. And it's really not unreasonable. If he "circumvents" the election, as his people are already looking to do in battleground states, and have stated as much, we're done.

What we need is for each state to have its own electoral college for the same reason we have a national one. To keep the one large city in each state from dictating policy for the other 97% of the state.
    I mean, you could just admit that you hate democracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean, you could just admit that you hate democracy.
    That's the crazy thing.

These folks go on about how awful cities are yet can't explain why "one person, one vote" still favors them.

It's almost as if "cities bad" is a nonsense viewpoint mostly cultivated by a lifetime spent in small towns, suburbs, and exurbs wherein your closest experience with any group of minorities that aren't the help is shit you see on curated media sources like Fox News. Sort of like how the US is this weird composite of people who have never left their home state insisting it's the greatest country in the world. :shrug:
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    People really need to move past the "if" and realise that it is only a matter "when" he does it. Because let's be honest, he's going to do it.
    The question isn't if HE will do it, it is if those legislatures are big enough traitors to go along with it. At which point the new question becomes, will we do anything about it?
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    People really need to move past the "if" and realise that it is only a matter "when" he does it. Because let's be honest, he's going to do it.
    There’s no use dealing with “if” or not now.

Convincing people there’s nothing they can do and shouldn’t vote because it doesn’t matter is exactly what trump wants. A lot of things would still have to be cajoled and manipulated in his favor to sweep a crushing defeat under the rug.

The only reason that defeat doesn’t come in as crushing? Because people sat at home feeling sorry for themselves, convinced their vote wasn’t going to matter because trump was going to find some way to throw it out.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

He's going to try. Its up to you to make his efforts fruitless
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think he's just trying to save his ego by delegitimizing his loss. It'll still be a loss though.

10+ Year Old Account
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I get that people want to talk about Trump refusing to cede power if he loses, but that's all nonsense. He's not going to be holed up in the White House, like it's a bunker.

Trump is a bully, but he's also a coward. And, cowards will never put themselves into the position to be taken out in an unpleasantly violent way. Sure, he'll say this shit, because he knows he has a legion of racist dipshits to do his fighting for him. Sure, he'll throw lawyers at it, and try and tie it up in the courts. In reality, his steps have been taken since he's been in office, trying to limit voting. He's not going to go down a martyr, he doesn't have the balls to do that.

If he loses, which is still very much up in the air, he will shout and scream about corruption, but he will go away. As it stands, I consider this election a toss up, and we may have to wait weeks after the election, before we know who won. There will be so many mail-in votes, that many states (fuck you, Florida) won't know who won for quite some times. Trump may have a lead after the first night, simply because liberals are more likely to vote by mail this year.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    We really should make sure some people's votes are worth more than others at the state level, since the racist system we're using on the national level works so well. It's good to see that you've shucked any semblance of decency and are now full-throttle anti-democracy.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Fucking lol, are they chanting Lock Him Up?

I'm almost sad he's started wearing a mask simply because I would dearly love to see his facial expressions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounded like "Vote him out".
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    He's going to try. Its up to you to make his efforts fruitless
    This is a good read for anyone thinking that Trump has any chance of succeeding in his coup idea:

https://choosedemocracy.us/prepare/#.X2v2tWlOnqs

Essentially, short of him actually droning people out in the streets, there's simply not enough support nationwide for his idea.