1. #55821
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I'd consider a lack of weighing in a tacit approval, personally.
    I absofuckinglutely hate Kayleigh McEnany. She makes Kellyanne Conway look the harmless drunk aunt at a party. She’s pure evil and appeals perfectly to the MAGA crowd with her blonde hair/blue eyed evangelical schtick.

  2. #55822
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I absofuckinglutely hate Kayleigh McEnany. She makes Kellyanne Conway look the harmless drunk aunt at a party. She’s pure evil and appeals perfectly to the MAGA crowd with her blonde hair/blue eyed evangelical schtick.
    She's called "Propaganda Barbie" for a reason.

  3. #55823
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump can use Executive Time to block it, yes. Which means, just before the election, he'd had to admit the changes were run past him and he approves.
    No, I was referring to this: A federal appeals court gutted Congress' subpoena power in a massive ruling in Don McGahn's case

  4. #55824
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    He takes no responsibility whatsoever.
    I hope this haunts him forever.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I believe he has already retweeted over the weekend a post portraying Rittenhouse as a hero. I don't think any of us should be surprised if he pardons him, the right wing is holding up this psycho as a hero.
    Given the sheer volume of tweets and retweets, i can believe that is in there, too. He killed "the right people" after all.

  5. #55825
    https://thehill.com/homenews/news/51...-of-falwell-jr

    Liberty University is contracting with an outside firm to investigate Falwell Jr's tenure as president of the school. Apparently they're investigating everything since he took that position and want to learn, and yes this is a quite - “the consequences that have flowed from a lack of spiritual stewardship.”

  6. #55826
    Time for another press briefing full of bullshit.
    - - - Updated - - -

    This bullshit Trump is spewing is amazing.... He sounds super low energy, too.

  7. #55827
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    They don't have a choice. They are defending a lying loser. And it is no longer possible to be a Trump supporter without being a hypocrite -- if you had tried to defend Obama with "both sides do it" in 2016, Trump supporters would not accept that.

    The funny part is pointing out when they bring up something relatively minor in Biden to deflect from Trump doing exactly the same thing, except on a much larger scale. 33 years ago, Biden lied about how well he did in law school, which was 23 years before even that. That was stupid. Trump lies about everything all the time, founded a fraudulent university, and Wharton is embarrassed of Trump.
    So funny on the timing, I have a friend I was talking to on facebook and said he wouldn't vote for Biden because he was a perv and I mentioned all the stuff Trump has with his allegations of sexual assault long with his relation to Epstein and him wishing Ghislaine Maxwell good luck in her trials and all that. He asked for proof because he knew about Biden's one person but not about Trumps, give him a link to 25 of them. His response, "Well their both pervs" and when I pointed out how he was much worse. He basically dropped it.

    Also told him I could prove mathematically that Trump is worthless and that he has damaged us as a nation and voting for him would be selling out his kids. His response was "You can make the numbers say whatever you want them to" and I told him that you can't draw the conclusion that Trump helped without ignoring the numbers and trends before he took office and given what we have now, I can actually prove it with verifiable information. Again nothing.

    When it comes to Trump, they have no facts to go on, it is all feelings and are willing to whore out their own children's futures just so they can ignore reality to protect their feelings and their ego.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

  8. #55828
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    So funny on the timing, I have a friend I was talking to on facebook and said he wouldn't vote for Biden because he was a perv and I mentioned all the stuff Trump has with his allegations of sexual assault long with his relation to Epstein and him wishing Ghislaine Maxwell good luck in her trials and all that. He asked for proof because he knew about Biden's one person but not about Trumps, give him a link to 25 of them. His response, "Well their both pervs" and when I pointed out how he was much worse. He basically dropped it.

    Also told him I could prove mathematically that Trump is worthless and that he has damaged us as a nation and voting for him would be selling out his kids. His response was "You can make the numbers say whatever you want them to" and I told him that you can't draw the conclusion that Trump helped without ignoring the numbers and trends before he took office and given what we have now, I can actually prove it with verifiable information. Again nothing.

    When it comes to Trump, they have no facts to go on, it is all feelings and are willing to whore out their own children's futures just so they can ignore reality to protect their feelings and their ego.
    It's the same over here in the UK. To the Tory Party's more rabid base, Boris Johnson can basically do no wrong.

    We're just lucky that there still a reasonably okay level of British decorum and decency that prevents the cabinet from going full tilt far right.

  9. #55829

  10. #55830
    Immortal Thepersona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Puerto Montt, Chile
    Posts
    7,432
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Time for another press briefing full of bullshit.


    - - - Updated - - -

    This bullshit Trump is spewing is amazing.... He sounds super low energy, too.
    Where are the trebuchets, then?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker



  11. #55831
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    When it comes to Trump, they have no facts to go on, it is all feelings and are willing to whore out their own children's futures just so they can ignore reality to protect their feelings and their ego.
    It's not even usually THEIR feelings. It's just stuff from FOX "News" or OANN or random Twitter posts that they can't be bothered to research for themselves so they take on the feelings of whomever presented the information.

  12. #55832
    Yeah no.

    That is not undermining subpoena power, that is Congress trying to get the courts to do their dirty work. Its not the job of the courts to make people testify before Congress.

    If Congress wants to force someone to testify they can hold them in Contempt of Congress and order their imprisonment via the Attorney for the District of Colombia in the same way that a Judge can have you imprisoned for Contempt of Court.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  13. #55833
    The Insane Masark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    17,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    This is some Monty Python level parody
    No, it isn't. They admit that they couldn't complete with this.

    Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

  14. #55834
    Warchief D Luniz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Coastal Plaguelands
    Posts
    2,069
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I'd consider a lack of weighing in a tacit approval, personally.
    rather sure he "weighed in" when he retweeted support for him

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://thehill.com/homenews/news/51...-of-falwell-jr

    Liberty University is contracting with an outside firm to investigate Falwell Jr's tenure as president of the school. Apparently they're investigating everything since he took that position and want to learn, and yes this is a quite - “the consequences that have flowed from a lack of spiritual stewardship.”
    wait, think they will actually try to sue him for not being pious enough?
    At least this timeline has its moments of comedy.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

  15. #55835
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    485
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The dumbest motherfucker alive....
    Reporters really need to keep asking him questions with a high school vocabulary just to watch him constantly fail to answer them - simply because he doesn't know what those words mean.
    The MF has been impeached. Now he needs to GTFO.

  16. #55836
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I believe he has already retweeted over the weekend a post portraying Rittenhouse as a hero. I don't think any of us should be surprised if he pardons him, the right wing is holding up this psycho as a hero.
    I mean, it's not really in doubt anymore:

    Trump defends Kenosha suspect as acting in self-defense

  17. #55837
    Merely a Setback Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    28,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    "You can make the numbers say whatever you want them to"
    This is a common belief amongst people who have no fucking clue what they're talking about. It's also a stupid fucking thing to say, when Trump makes promises based on a bunch of numbers -- jobs, GDP growth, health care -- and then delivers none of that. If numbers mean nothing, why believe promises with numbers? And if the promises meant something, the failure to fulfill the promises also means something.

    Be sure to tell your friend "Sorry, I don't make the rules". I've gotten a lot of mileage out of shoving that down hypocrites throats until they choke on their own words.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2020-09-01 at 12:49 AM.

  18. #55838
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This is a common belief amongst people who have no fucking clue what they're talking about. It's also a stupid fucking thing to say, when Trump makes promises based on a bunch of numbers -- jobs, GDP growth, health care -- and then delivers none of that. If numbers mean nothing, why believe promises with numbers? And if the promises meant something, the failure to fulfill the promises also means something.

    Be sure to tell your friend "Sorry, I don't make the rules". I've gotten a lot of mileage out of shoving that down hypocrites throats until they choke on their own words.
    I think Banon has more than proven how dumb and blind this cult is. They gave them millions to build a wall Trump promised Mexico would pay for.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The dumbest motherfucker alive....
    Trump wants blood on the streets he wants to scare white people into voting for him but it's insane since he is in charge now.

  19. #55839
    38,560 new cases, about 3k fewer than last week. No telling how impacted testing in the south was due to Laura, though, so this might be misleading.

    California: 6,485 new cases; 82 deaths
    Texas: 3,774 new cases; 53 deaths
    Missouri: 2,233 new cases (new record); 15 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    Tennessee: 1,818 new cases; 7 deaths
    Illinois: 1,668 new cases; 7 deaths
    Georgia: 1,498 new cases; 28 deaths
    North Carolina: 1,407 new cases; 18 deaths
    Kansas: 1,268 new cases; 1 death

    Still an underreport day so there's not much to go off of, but the new record from Missouri indicates that my presumptions about that region from last week might not be far off. We'll have to wait until the next few days to get more clarity on it.

    512 deaths, nearly exactly the same as last Monday. As August ends the national total stands at 187,736.

    Got some shitty news regarding my leg today that pretty much means I'm going to be doing these daily reports for at least another 6 weeks--unless I get thrown out for calling someone a joke again--so I'm going to conserve my energy for now and go play some games to take my mind off things.

    Stay safe, folks.

  20. #55840
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    but the new record from Missouri indicates that my presumptions about that region from last week might not be far off.
    This is something I've mentioned earlier, the counties that are near St. Louis have been one of the areas doing poorly in Illinois. A lot of people were crossing the border to Missouri and bringing it back. Illinois does about 5x as many tests daily as Missouri and I think it was seeing this outbreak earlier by catching a lot of asymptomatic cases. Missouri is probably only testing people with likely symptoms so is only picking them up now. This is also happening near the Iowa border where it seems like Illinois was picking up the cases before Iowa noticed them as Iowa does about 1/10 the amount of tests that Illinois does. One a somewhat positive note, this is the first week since early June Illinois is down a decent amount from the week before, about 5% (I count from Tuesday to Tuesday because that's when the Illinois numbers essentially reset: cases and tests reported on Tuesday are almost always the lowest of the week).

    This shows how increased testing can predict where outbreaks might happen. Illinois was seeing these outbreaks in Missouri and Iowa way before they did by doing much more extensive testing. (These aren't outbreaks caused by people from Chicago, St. Louis is over 5 hours away, and the Iowa border is about 3 hours away).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •