10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Do they want to burn the entire party to the ground and start over?
    Do they have a choice? I think they agreed to do that by backing Trump instead of their own platform.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    The Wyoming Option would require an Amendment. I still prefer the NPVIC over the Wyoming Option, anyway.
    @Fugus and I agree on a lot of optimistic policies that should be invoked if Biden wins and the Senate flips. I've been in favor of something like the Wyoming option for awhile now, however, after a long discussion on these forums, someone pointed out that the math doesn't get much better for the EC weirdness if you expand the number of House seats. I cannot remember who that conversation was with - but if they read this, please chime in or PM me.

For now, however, I am in favor of the NPVIC. It's a couple of states away from being approved, and at that point, the EC would cease to exist as a functioning entity. That being said, we would also need to expand SCOTUS to ensure it would pass an impartial review.

Meadows face during the medical presser today -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    It's not even good quality propaganda.
    It's being reported everywhere now.

So has basically every single Republican senator and frankly the entire party.
    Do they want to burn the entire party to the ground and start over?
    This might actually be their best option. Keep those like Romney who haven't been a rubber stamp for most of Trump's term, lure back the Independents who defected from the party because of Trump and maybe even entice the conservative Democrats who are only Democrat for lack of a more suitable option (for them).

I'm not saying they'd actually do this because I think the GOP has poisoned itself beyond recovery at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    This is not the pose of someone confident in what's going on inside, let me tell you that.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Can we get back to basics. If he was signing real docs what would happen to them? Theyd be incinerated as hazardous waste.

No need to resort to photo meta data to reaĺise its bs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    If he was signing real docs what would happen to them?
    Actually WH records says he signed some things and entered them into legal record. The physical piece of paper isn't really the point.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Reports that Trump has received steroid treatment belie that his condition is improving. Only patients with severe COVID-19 symptoms received that kind of treatment.

Steroids are used in this case to prevent the immune system from going into overdrive. Wasn't Trump given an experimental immune boosting treatment yesterday?

(and why can't even his fucking doctors stop lying for once)
    Last edited by cubby; 2020-10-04 at 07:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Fugus and I agree on a lot of optimistic policies that should be invoked if Biden wins and the Senate flips. I've been in favor of something like the Wyoming option for awhile now, however, after a long discussion on these forums, someone pointed out that the math doesn't get much better for the EC weirdness if you expand the number of House seats. I cannot remember who that conversation was with - but if they read this, please chime in or PM me.
    It was me, lol. The data I sent you should still be in your PMs.

As I responded to those who corrected my statement about the Wyoming option (or similar) requiring an Amendment, I was reminded that the reason I felt that was because I doubted that the House would ever vote to lessen their members' individual power. We're currently experiencing a fairly unique set of circumstances right now, though, so who knows.

The truth remains that it won't do much to help the Electoral College, and I don't think it'll really do the other job of keeping the Representatives humble and focused on their constituents short of a fairly large increase in House size (1500 members?), which is unlikely to pass via legislation even in this political climate.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    For now, however, I am in favor of the NPVIC. It's a couple of states away from being approved, and at that point, the EC would cease to exist as a functioning entity. That being said, we would also need to expand SCOTUS to ensure it would pass an impartial review.
    Despite what I just said, I'm definitely still in favor of both, as well. I don't think any increased apportionment is likely without an Amendment, but I would welcome even a small increase as better than nothing.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Damn, yeah, that's not something you do in front of cameras unless it's all starting to go to hell.

- - - Updated - - -

It was me, lol. The data I sent you should still be in your PMs.

As I responded to those who corrected my statement about the Wyoming option (or similar) requiring an Amendment, I was reminded that the reason I felt that was because I doubted that the House would ever vote to lessen their members' individual power. We're currently experiencing a fairly unique set of circumstances right now, though, so who knows.

The truth remains that it won't do much to help the Electoral College, and I don't think it'll really do the other job of keeping the Representatives humble and focused on their constituents short of a fairly large increase in House size (1500 members?), which is unlikely to pass via legislation even in this political climate.
    Holy hell that's hysterical. Thanks, btw - that was a very enlightening discussion, on more than one front.

Despite what I just said, I'm definitely still in favor of both, as well. I don't think any increased apportionment is likely without an Amendment, but I would welcome even a small increase as better than nothing.
    I am as well, but I also agree that any expansion would really have to come from some form of Amendment, along with the fact that everyone working towards it would have to be willing to give up power.

The NPVIC is the best option for now, and has both the best chance of success and is closer to being completed than any other solution.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Is wonder if some of these photos were taken before he got knocked on his ass by COVID.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Is wonder if some of these photos were taken before he got knocked on his ass by COVID.
    The timestamps say Saturday and the location is the President's suite at the hospital. I guess Trump was allowed there, too.

The photo's being fake is not a conspiracy. Any promotional photo you see of anyone 'working' is staged.
    Now sure his condition is likely worse then the WH is letting on, else he wouldn't have been taken to the Hospital, the WH has medical facilities of its own if it was mild.
    But Trump not really working on the photo's is not worthy of news.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Except that they claim he's fine and working hard. To sign a blank paper, over ten minutes.

Just because we all know he's lying, doesn't mean we can't call them out for lying when yet more evidence points to it.

While what you said is probably true, they did go to the trouble of a wardrobe/location/prop change, to give the appearance that he's up and about. It's one thing to go through the usual publicity motions, it's another to try and project a potentially false narrative...especially given all of the conflicting reports coming from the administration's staff at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Sounds like North Korea.
    It's worth remembering, wanting to show the president is healthy isn't just because Trump thinks it's important for his reelection (ie the main thing he cares about), there are legitimate national security concerns around the health of the Commander in Chief.

Quote Originally Posted by Waniou View Post
    It's worth remembering, wanting to show the president is healthy isn't just because Trump thinks it's important for his reelection (ie the main thing he cares about), there are legitimate national security concerns around the health of the Commander in Chief.
    No there aren't.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waniou View Post
    Sure Jan.

In order news, the Gays are reclaiming the term "Proud Boy". Hope all the right wingers that got Proud Boy tattoos saved enough from their stimulus check for removal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.