10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Well this is going in the "hearty chuckle" folder.
    That is well done... that even looks like his signature...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    At this point, aren't "white men" the only demographic that Biden doesn't lead Trump in?
    Funny you should ask.

I used the CNN poll, because (a) it's the most widely-circulated poll that came out today and (b) it's fucking hilarious to shove CNN in Trump supporters' faces when there doesn't seem to be a FOX News poll out there they can respond with.

Or is there? Hey, anyone out there have a FOX News poll? I legit want to see it, not sarcasm.

Key findings:

1) Biden has more Democrats than Trump has Republicans.
    2) Biden has more liberals than Trump has conservatives.
    3) Biden has more moderates and independents than Trump has...uh...I'm out of party categories, Trump's got nothin'

4) Trump has men, by a whopping two percent.
    5) Biden leads in every age group
    6) Biden leads among white people.

Nope, doing that one twice.

6) Biden leads among white people
    7) Biden leads among...ugh..."people of color".
    8) Biden leads among debate watchers by 18%.
    9) Biden leads among college grads.
    10) Biden also leads among non-college grads

11) Trump leads among white non-college-grads by 13%.
    12) Biden leads among people earning under $50k by less than he leads among people earning over $50k, but he leads both.
    13) Biden leads among women by a whopping double.

14) And just for good measure, 2% or lower of basically every group surveyed was undecided.

Not cited, but Trump and Biden were tied on the economy. Trump's only issue advantage, and he's losing that, too.

"But Breccia! That poll is from Fake News commie librul CNN traitors! What you're doing is disingenuous!"

Well for one, it's been cited by...basically everyone. CNN might be epic trolls, but they didn't just invent data.

But for two, earlier today I posted an adorable FOX News host saying "let's give Trump three points". (Trump still lost) So I'm going to go back through all those points, and I'm going to put blue text on all the categories Biden holds by a margin of 3% or higher.

"But...they're all blue."

Yes. Any category Biden has, he has by at least three points. Some are much higher.

Just for fun, let's go back and do the same and see what happens if Trump loses by three--

"No no no no no!"

Aww, don't want to see Trump lose his only non-party-affiliated win? Okay fine.

"But Breccia! The margin of error is 5% or something! Why don't we take five points from Biden and give them to Trump on everything!"

That's...not how margins of error work, but sure. Bolded everything Biden still keeps.

"You left 'every age group' bolded by accident."

No, I did that shit on purpose. Even taking 5% from Biden and handing them to Trump, Biden still has every age group. Yes, including seniors. Funny story: 65+ and 18-49 are nearly identical. That's gotta be a record.

That's right: even by taking the CNN poll and twisting it to an insane degree, Trump still loses.

Well this is going in the "hearty chuckle" folder.
    this one made mine

Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Facebook has (finally) announced it is banning QAnon across all its platforms - that includes all Facebook pages, groups, and Instagram accounts.

Facebook said Tuesday that it is banning all QAnon accounts from its platforms, a significant escalation over its previous actions and one of the broadest rules the social media giant has put in place in its history.

Facebook said the change is an update on the policy it created in August that initially only removed accounts related to the QAnon conspiracy theory that discussed violence, which resulted in the termination of 1,500 pages, groups and profiles.

A company spokesperson said the enforcement, which started Tuesday, will “bring to parity what we’ve been doing on other pieces of policy with regard to militarized social movements,” such as militia and terror groups that repeatedly call for violence.

“Starting today, we will remove Facebook Pages, Groups and Instagram accounts for representing QAnon. We’re starting to enforce this updated policy today and are removing content accordingly, but this work will take time and will continue in the coming days and weeks,” Facebook wrote in a press release. “Our Dangerous Organizations Operations team will continue to enforce this policy and proactively detect content for removal instead of relying on user reports.”

The spokesperson said the company believed it needed to limit the “ability of QAnon and Militarized Social Movements to operate and organize on our platform.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I think you may have forgotten a "not" in there somewhere...or else this post makes no sense.
    Thanks for the catch. haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I welcome our new RAnonymous overlords on social media.
    Yep, this should be taken as a half victory. On the one hand deplatforming QAnon as a win, but on the other the problem of permissive moderation on social media remains. I say problem, but that implies there's not a solution - when in fact there is a very easy solution that you'll experience first hand if you ever set your Twitter profile location to Germany.

Its entirely within their power to identify the troublemakers; they have to in order to be compliant with German anti-nazi statutes. But the reason they don't use the same algorithm elsewhere is, shocker, it keeps flagging right wing politicians for hate speech or offensive material.

I suspect this is also part of why all the social media companies keep their algorithms on the DL; they don't want to admit that they're intentionally lax towards right wing extremists because it might threaten their profit margins.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Maybe it's the lack of orange, or that I've never exactly looked at his face for long, but does it seem like his face is thinner here?
    eh... You don't get thinner with just a couple days being sick, even if you can't keep food down.

Even though we're all waiting to see whether or not his """doctor""" is lying through his teeth when he said Trump is asymptomatic, it's kind of pointless to speculate right now. We'll know soon enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Now that Trump is going to cause even more deaths by refusing to sign any relief bills, some people sure must feel stupid for wishing him well now.

10+ Year Old Account
    COVID-19 tests positive for Stephen Miller. That's 33 from the Rose Garden Massacre, iirc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stephen Miller has tested positive for COVID.

Since he is already undead, he will probably be fine.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

I wouldn't wish such a vile and disgusting thing on my worst enemy. My thoughts and prayers go out to the COVID.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    I wouldn't wish such a vile and disgusting thing on my worst enemy. My thoughts and prayers go out to the COVID.
    We can only wish the coronavirus a speedy recovery from such an awful malady.

10+ Year Old Account
    In case anyone out there is still "oh both parties are the same"

We must come together as a nation. I believe in law and order. I don’t believe we have to choose between law and order and racial justice.
    -- Biden, at actualy goddam Gettysburg, the same afternoon as Trump ending COVID relief negotiations.

"Surely Trump addressed some supporters today as well."

Has anyone seen an image of Trump taken in the last 24 hours?

".."

I guess we'll wait on that. Someone might have one, but I don't. He did tweet, of course.

How does Biden lead in Pennsylvania Polls when he is against Fracking (JOBS!), 2nd Amendment and Religion? Fake Polls. I will win Pennsylvania!
    "Surely Trump is attending some kind of rally in Pennsylvania soon."

Well, Trump's not projected to do anything right now. I did look down his list of events, there's a Women For Trump bus tour featuring Lara.

"..there's a Lara Trump?"

I mean, I guess so? She's Eric's wife, and on Trump's campaign after what I assume to be a successful stint on Inside Edition. Anyhow, that's Thursday.

"Anything else?"

Um...(scrolls)...(next page)...(scrolls)...(clicks "Pennsylvania" on side bar)...no.The list of events till Nov 1 has no "guest stars" other than that one. Just a bunch of "MAGA Meetups" which kind of sounds like an oversized sandwich.

"Okay but surely he's booked ads all over Pennsylvania!"

Um...I don't see anything as recent or as dramatic as the Ohio/Iowa thing. But from Sept 8 the Inquirer that's "the Philadelphia INquirer" just so we're clear says

Joe Biden’s campaign spent $10 million on television advertising in Pennsylvania last month, as the Democratic nominee maintained his lead in the polls and President Donald Trump halted his TV spending in the state.

The Biden campaign spent an additional $5 million through Labor Day, while Trump remained off the Pennsylvania airwaves during the first week of September, according to the ad tracking firm Advertising Analytics. In all, Biden outspent Trump by $15 million to zero over the course of about five weeks.

The spending advantage is notable given that Trump won Pennsylvania by less than one percentage point in 2016 and faces a relatively narrow path to reelection. It’s also a sign that the Trump campaign has burned through much of the huge cash advantage it built during the Democratic primary contest.

Nationwide, the Trump campaign spent just $4.8 million on TV during the last two weeks of August, a fraction of Biden’s $35.9 million in spending, the New York Times reported.
    "Okay. But Trump doesn't really do TV ads all that much. Surely his pal Toomey is stumping for him!"

Actually, after what happened last time, I'm not sure he is. I cannot find a record of Toomey endorsing Trump over the 2020 calendar year. I cannot find any evidence of Toomey attending any Trump rallies. I can find evidence Toomey is retiring in 2022. Perhaps the two are related.

"The governor of Pennsyl-"

Tom Wolf is a Democrat.

"The mayor of Pittsburgh--"

Bill Peduto is a Democrat.

"Um...the head of Penn State University, Eric Barron, I am not making that up, formerly head of FSU, I'm not making that up either?"

Yep, that's quite a funny coincidence. Speaking of which, when they met in 2012 Barron spoke highly of Biden's tuition plans--

"OH COME ON! That was eight years ago!"

Okay. Jill Biden will speak on Penn State campus Oct 10--

"GOD DAMMIT"

Remember to hit the Creamery, Mrs. Biden. I can personally recommend the Lion Tracks.

"Okay, but surely there's someone in Pennsylvania that backs Trump! Someone with clout, someone whose name is famous!"

I mean, Trump did drop the name of Joe Paterno last time.

I know a lot about Pennsylvania, and it’s great. How’s Joe Paterno. We’re gonna bring that back? Right?...How 'bout that whole deal?
    -- Trump, April 2016

"But...Paterno protected Sandusky who got 30 years for child abuse."

Correct.

"And then...died. In 2012."

Correct. He abused his power, was thrown out, and died two months later while even his greatest fans were booing his once great name. Funny how Trump picked him, of all Pennsylvanians, to cite.

To be fair, Trump does have some scattered police and craft unions out there endorsing him. But not that many Republicans. In fact, there's a list of PA GOP members endorsing Biden within your grasp, if Inquiring minds want to know. This list includes Tom Ridge, former GOP governor of Pennsylvania who wrote this OP ED Sept 27.

Trump's claim of taking Pennsylvania is not backed by any evidence or planned actions. If he wants to get the state back, he's going to have to do much more than "have everyone working there lose their job, stop advertising completely and have all their Republicans endorse Biden" And Biden has a massive home-field advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man, if it's retirees that carry Biden to victory rather than the youth vote, I'll figuratively eat my hat.
    Well, when Trumps plan would bankrupt Social Security by 2023, those Seniors start to take notice.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like the bad news continues.

Rick Bright is the FDA official who was demoted for saying Trump was doing a poor job. According to his whistleblower complaint, he wasn't given any work at all since Sept 4 and has therefore just quit.

Quoted through his lawyers,

he can no longer sit idly by and work for an administration that ignores scientific expertise, overrules public health guidance and disrespects career scientists, resulting the in the sickness and death of hundreds of thousands of Americans.”
    Airline stocks dropped today as Trump flat-out refused any more relief bills, even for large industries that supported him.

Trump's own DHS talks about election security.

Russia is the likely primary covert influence actor and purveyor of disinformation and misinformation within the Homeland. We assess that Moscow’s primary objective is to increase its global standing and influence by weakening America—domestically and abroad—through efforts to sow discord, distract, shape public sentiment, and undermine trust in Western democratic institutions and processes.
    One of the women accusing Trump of rape has filed a motion barring Barr...Barring?...blocking the DoJ from taking part in the court case. Simply put, the filing reads "the DoJ is not Trump's personal defense team, and this didn't happen while Trump was in the White House anyhow". If nothing else, this new motion is likely to stall the case, pushing it further back, possibly past the inauguration where Trump won't have the option anymore anyhow.

Dr. Redfield personally wrote a letter saying that the debates wouldn't be infected by Mike Pence. In the letter, Redfield cited the WH doctor, and spelled his name wrong. Pence is fighting to have the plexiglass shields removed, probably because they act as a reminder that Trump infected 11 CPD staff at the last one, and Pence wants to handwave that.

Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin and Wyoming all broke their COVID hospitalization rates last week.

We’re in a crisis right now and need to immediately change our behavior to save lives. We are continuing to experience a surge in cases and many of our hospitals are overwhelmed, and I believe limiting indoor public gatherings will help slow the spread of this virus.
    -- governor of Wisconsin

And of course, what you pay me for: it's time for Guess the Speaker!

You don't get a pandemic that kills a million people and it isn't even over yet within influenza. So it is not correct to say it's the same as flu. It has some overlapping symptomatology early on. But flu doesn't do the things to you that Covid-19 can.
    That is, of course, Trump's own Dr. Fauci, speaking from his years of medical experience in infectuous diseases. He did not study at Trump University.

So how much damage can Trump do in the next few months?

Like seriously... because he's already starting his farewell tour.

How does Biden lead in Pennsylvania Polls when he is against Fracking (JOBS!), 2nd Amendment and Religion? Fake Polls. I will win Pennsylvania!
    Yes, Biden, the Catholic, is against religion.

Someone take Twitter away from Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Yes, Biden, the Catholic, is against religion.

This is either:

a) Steroids Talking
    b) An aide trying to sound like Dear Leader
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess whose account got locked on twitter for breaking doxxing rules:

Twitter locked President Trump’s account after he shared NY Post columnist’s email
    https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...rpm-story.html

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Twitter tried...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi