10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I fail to see what this threat is.
    You and me both, panda. If there's a problem anywhere from "man, these untrained idiots made us look like fools" all the way to "Pelosi Besos Gates and Dwayne Johnson coordinated the attack with microchips" I think we deserve to know about it. In fact, aren't the FBI investigating anyhow? Why aren't we inviting them?

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Wait... that doesn’t work... ha! Kinda like Trump, he no longer works either.
    He worked before?

10+ Year Old Account
    Things are not looking great for the Cowboys for Trump leader.

For one, apparently he was a cowboy performer...in Disneyland France. Yeah. Mr. America First here used to work as a sideshow attraction in another country.

Also he was held for 2 weeks in solitary confinement because he refused a COVID test.

Prosecutors call him a flight risk and a danger to the community, and are asking a federal judge right now that he be held without bail.

Bring it on....it happened under their watch. I fail to see how that's a threat, at all.

5+ Year Old Account
    Is he threatening the Democrats with exposing Republicans who aided the insurrection?

In what world would FBI testimony be bad for the Democrats here?
    Is the FBI investigation finished though? If not the threat seems more to be towards an attempt to delay the proceedings.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    Is the FBI investigation finished though? If not the threat seems more to be towards an attempt to delay the proceedings.
    It's a delay tactic, and somehow Linsey is still able to prevent Merrick Garland from getting a vote in the subcommitee (how is he even still in charge?) Basically, he's saying "Nice AG you've got there ... would be a shame if he couldn't get voted in for a month or so while this trial is dragged on"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    (how is he even still in charge?)
    The new chairs haven't been decided yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Ya McConnell is preventing this. Amazing how McConnell's bad actions gets under reported. Yet when he blurbs about unity or a wing nut, the press trips over themselves.

Its almost like the Beltway Pundits just love casting the GOP as the protagonists of the story. See Paul Ryan.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Biden needs to take a play from their book and appoint them as acting positions pending their confirmation hearings and watch them try and say anything about it.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Biden needs to take a play from their book and appoint them as acting positions pending their confirmation hearings and watch them try and say anything about it.
    Acting positions are for emergency stopgaps, not long-term use. What you're describing is actually their intended use.

Graham can't stall forever anyhow.

Is he threatening the Democrats with exposing Republicans who aided the insurrection?

In what world would FBI testimony be bad for the Democrats here?
    Uh the threat isn't really in bringing in the FBI. Really not a bad thing on the surface, it's not going to make a case for them.

If I understood the article it seems like he is simply attempting to drag out the process unnecessarily, and that is the threat. Which again is weird because the more time that passes the worse the event gets. More information is not going to be helpful for the republicans, but when you have nothing to go on I guess this is the best threat he can come up with?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Uh the threat isn't really in bringing in the FBI. Really not a bad thing on the surface, it's not going to make a case for them.

If I understood the article it seems like he is simply attempting to drag out the process unnecessarily, and that is the threat. Which again is weird because the more time that passes the worse the event gets. More information is not going to be helpful for the republicans, but when you have nothing to go on I guess this is the best threat he can come up with?
    Longer it drags out, the more stupid people will just want to to end, and stop caring about how many toddlers Trump raped. "Sure he raped a dozen toddlers on Fox News, but it's been 9 months, I don't care, just end it." Followed by "Can we stop with these stupid masks already? I'm tired of them."
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

I wasn't sure which thread this belonged in but seeing as how it's technically fallout from the TRUMP SHITSHOW I guess it can go here.

My Pillow guy went on Newsmax...and even fucking Newsmax is trying to distance themselves.

https://twitter.com/KyleKulinski/sta...909727749?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I wasn't sure which thread this belonged in but seeing as how it's technically fallout from the TRUMP SHITSHOW I guess it can go here.

My Pillow guy went on Newsmax...and even fucking Newsmax is trying to distance themselves.

I love that he just keeps talking over My Pillow guy and then just walks off the set, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post

Yup newsmax knows that dominion is out for easy defamation money, something that is usually the opposite of easy, and they don't want to give any. Pillowguy really really really does though, and will pay dominion whatever they eventually settle on when he get's sued.

oh and inb4 mypillowguy was cancelled on newsmax in a segment that i guess was about being cancelled.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics...overstock-ceo/

Uh...so the former Overstock CEO dude gave his version of events about the insane meeting with him, Powell, Flynn and others.

Apparently...they straight up bluffed their way into the White House and into an Oval Office meeting with Trump? Wouldn't this be like...one of the biggest physical security breaches in White House history? Unauthorized visitors getting TO the Oval Office and a face to face meeting with the POTUS? Am I being hyperbolic here? Because this seems pretty significant.

And I guess he thinks...it helps him?

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/politics/...A66O5P5QEY25E/

He has been one of the most vocal, visible and controversial critics of the integrity of Georgia’s election.

Attorney Lin Wood filed lawsuits and held rallies, claiming people voted illegally in the 2020 presidential election.

Now Channel 2 investigative reporter Justin Gray has learned that the state has launched an investigation into whether Wood himself was a legal Georgia voter.

Gray confirmed Tuesday that the Georgia Secretary of State’s Office has launched an investigation into whether Wood was eligible to vote in Georgia, whether he broke the law by casting his ballot and whether he was actually a Georgia resident.
    Oh man, PLEASE say that the guy leading the charge against illegal voting in an election illegally voted in an election.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dozens of former Bush officials leave Republican Party, calling it 'Trump cult'

Huh. Funny, we've been saying that for years. Except the rabid fanbase members, who just prove it.

These officials, some who served in the highest echelons of the Bush administration, said they had hoped that a Trump defeat would lead party leaders to move on from the former president and denounce his baseless claims that the November presidential election was stolen.

But with most Republican lawmakers sticking to Trump, these officials say they no longer recognize the party they served. Some have ended their membership, others are letting it lapse while a few are newly registered as independents, according to a dozen former Bush officials who spoke with Reuters.

“The Republican Party as I knew it no longer exists. I’d call it the cult of Trump,” said Jimmy Gurulé, who was Undersecretary of the Treasury for Terrorism and Financial Intelligence in the Bush administration.

Kristopher Purcell, who worked in the Bush White House’s communications office for six years, said roughly 60 to 70 former Bush officials have decided to leave the party or are cutting ties with it, from conversations he has been having. “The number is growing every day,” Purcell said.

Their defection from the Republican Party after a lifetime of service for many is another clear sign of how a growing intraparty conflict over Trump and his legacy is fracturing it.
    Just so we're clear, leaving after the election is still a sign of cowardice. Yes, Trump incited a murderous insurrection, and I can see leaving the party for that. But if that was the straw that broke the elephant's back, then that just says they were fine with everything else Trump did.

Two former Bush officials who spoke to Reuters said they believe it is important to stay in the party to rid it of Trump’s influence.

One of those, Suzy DeFrancis, a veteran of the Republican Party who served in administrations including those of former presidents Richard Nixon and George W. Bush, said she voted for Biden in November but that breaking the party apart now will only benefit Democrats.

“I totally understand why people are frustrated and want to leave the party. I’ve had that feeling for 4 years,” DeFrancis said.

But she said it’s critical the party unite around Republican principles such as limited government, personal responsibility, free enterprise and a strong national defense.

Purcell said many felt they have no choice, however. He referred to Marjorie Taylor Greene, a freshman Republican congresswoman from Georgia who promotes the QAnon conspiracy theory, which falsely claims that top Democrats belong to a secret governing cabal of Satan-worshipping pedophiles. Another newly elected Representative, Lauren Boebert from Colorado, has also made supportive statements about QAnon.

“We have QAnon members of Congress. It’s appalling,” Purcell said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I saw MyPillow guy went on Newsmax and it didn’t go well. Cocaine is a hell of a drug. Be careful out there folks.
    The newsmen anchor walked off, because they are that scared of dominion suing. This dude is insane...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Acting positions are for emergency stopgaps, not long-term use. What you're describing is actually their intended use.

Graham can't stall forever anyhow.
    Intended use or not, for the past 4 years, they have been abused to get around them actually being confirmed just to get yes-men and the GOP refused to actually call Trump on it. That is why I said Biden should follow the play that the GOP has already sanctioned on their side and watch the GOP dare to try and complain about it.

Also, I said to just put them in the acting position pending the approval which still puts them on better footing than the GOP while telling them to get fucked if they want to try the obstruction game already. I wasn't talking about just Graham stalling, I am talking about the Democrats to actually grow some balls and go on the offensive with this assholes for once.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I saw MyPillow guy went on Newsmax and it didn’t go well. Cocaine is a hell of a drug. Be careful out there folks.
    He went from being a crack addict to being wealthy enough to afford powder.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters