Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Let’s be fair, they aren’t simply aggregating polls. They weight them as well. So, yes, they deserve some criticism when they’re off by a lot.
    It's not even typically been their aggregates that were off, as much as their analyses.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children."
    Yeah, I was going to say that as well, but I didn't know if @jonnysensible was eluding to that.

- - - Updated - - -

The point is that they do more than aggregate polls since they’re weighting them. RCP does a basic aggregation, 538 does not. As such even their “aggregate” is an analyses.

- - - Updated - - -

Fun. Never heard it called the 14 words before, but then I guess I don’t hear that phrase discussed often either.
    That is because you aren't a Nazi or a sympathizer of Nazis. Which is a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    That sounds like you approve of their action. Do you also condemn Cassidy? Because it sounds like you condemn Cassidy.
    The statement neither approves nor disapproves, just says they have the right to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Yeah, I was going to say that as well, but I didn't know if @jonnysensible was eluding to that.

- - - Updated - - -

That is because you aren't a Nazi or a sympathizer of Nazis. Which is a good thing.
    I've heard of it, and I'm not a Nazi, but I do spend a lot of time trolling Breitbart's comments section. They wanted to burn me after I told them the Macarena was a better song than the Star Spangled Banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    I've heard of it, and I'm not a Nazi, but I do spend a lot of time trolling Breitbart's comments section. They wanted to burn me after I told them the Macarena was a better song than the Star Spangled Banner.
    Now that is funny.

just sayin GG is a dodgy cunt. He seems to be going more and more reactionary, and he was far along to begin with like all right wing libertarians.

Also is that Boebert woman a product of incest? lmao shes her own second cousin?

Let’s be fair, they aren’t simply aggregating polls. They weight them as well. So, yes, they deserve some criticism when they’re off by a lot.
    Yet they still were right 98% of the time.

Glenn Greenwald is a less outrageous Milo. 'I'm gay and I live in Brazil, so you have to accept my far-right lunacy'. No, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Seems Nikki Haley can't quite decide who she wants to be after Trump.
    Mix of "celebrate the achievements" and "we shouldn't have followed him down his path."

Is she really a 2024 possibility?
    I would say yes. And, I think she would be a fierce opponent.

She has been swimming around in very shark-infested waters, and for the most part has kept her reputation intact. She has a way of saying intense emotional things using clinical and even soothing words, and despite her extensive record will be hard to attack. She is well polished as a speaker, and is either very intelligent, or she has hired a bunch of very intelligent advisors that she listens to and works hard to accurately and effectively communicate their ideas.

From what I can see, she navigated the Trump years better than just about any other republican, which admittedly is a very low bar, and has maintained a quite high profile the whole time. And the message you attributed to her is arguably one of the best possible ways to talk about the Trump years as a republican. It's kind of like "We can see why Trump supporters supported him in the first place - look at the great things he DID accomplish. But it was still a mistake." This invites people to leave Trump - and move to her.

A Harris - Haley race would be quite interesting I also think it would be one of the better results that could happen for the US moving forward.

Edit: A relevant quote from the article.

I asked Haley whether she has spoken to Trump since January 6. She shook her head.

“When I tell you I’m angry, it’s an understatement,” Haley hissed, leaning forward as she spoke. “Mike has been nothing but loyal to that man. He’s been nothing but a good friend of that man. … I am so disappointed in the fact that [despite] the loyalty and friendship he had with Mike Pence, that he would do that to him. Like, I’m disgusted by it.”
    I will reiterate that I think that she is doing a decent job of walking the high wire line that is current day republican politics. And my feeling is that she will be tough to beat.
    Last edited by Omega10; 2021-02-12 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    I would say yes. And, I think she would be a fierce opponent.

She has been swimming around in very shark-infested waters, and for the most part has kept her reputation intact. She has a way of saying intense emotional things using clinical and even soothing words, and despite her extensive record will be hard to attack. She is well polished as a speaker, and is either very intelligent, or she has hired a bunch of very intelligent advisors that she listens to and works hard to accurately and effectively communicate their ideas.

From what I can see, she navigated the Trump years better than just about any other republican, which admittedly is a very low bar, and has maintained a quite high profile the whole time. And the message you attributed to her is arguably one of the best possible ways to talk about the Trump years as a republican. It's kind of like "We can see why Trump supporters supported him in the first place - look at the great things he DID accomplish. But it was still a mistake." This invites people to leave Trump - and move to her.

A Harris - Haley race would be quite interesting I also think it would be one of the better results that could happen for the US moving forward.

Edit: A relevant quote from the article.

I will reiterate that I think that she is doing a decent job of walking the high wire line that is current day republican politics. And my feeling is that she will be tough to beat.
    The only problem is... fuck her.

She has defended his egregious behavior far too many times... fuck her.

She has bent over backwards to be a hypocrite to to the Trumpster line... fuck her.

She should never be able to hide from the shit she's done... fuck her.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-02-12 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post

She has bent over backwards to be a hypocrite to to the Trumpster line... fuck her.

She should never be able to ide from the shit she's done... fuck her.
    You're speaking as if you're a rational, thinking person. Now put yourself in the shoes of a GOP/Trumper. Then maybe you'll see why we shouldn't casually dismiss her as a possible opponent in future races and should start devising strategies apart from "She's a fucking awful human being" to counter her because that side has already made clear that not only do they not mind that type--they prefer it.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    You're speaking as if you're a rational, thinking person. Now put yourself in the shoes of a GOP/Trumper. Then maybe you'll see why we shouldn't casually dismiss her as a possible opponent in future races and should start devising strategies apart from "She's a fucking awful human being" to counter her because that side has already made clear that not only do they not mind that type--they prefer it.
    Oh, I don't dismiss the fact she could easily win. I stopped underestimating how depraved Trumpsters are a very long time ago.

The key thing is to tie her to Trump, and point out all the times she backed him when he did his terrible shit. Her entire goal will be to pass herself off as a moderate and a pragmatist. Use her quotes where she shilled for Trump, and run them in every suburb in the country. Tie her to his blatant racism and misogyny. Treat her as the "silent" spouse who watched as her hedge fund billionaire husband bilked people out of all their money. Sell her as someone who never gave a shit, until it impacted her career. Sell her as selfish, and make it clear she will do anything to get what she feels she rightfully deserves.

Treat her like the GOP treated Hillary Clinton.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post

She should never be able to ide from the shit she's done... fuck her.
    Yep the article goes to lengths to talk about these things as well. But by 2024 Trump will be a distant memory, and she is already walking down the path of moving towards a post-Trump republican party.

Around 50% of the country agrees with you. Which means with good voter suppression activities and the electoral college she would have a good chance of coming withing 5 million votes of Harris and eking out an electoral college victory. Hating her is sensible, underestimating her will make her President in 2024.

On a practical note, it will be very hard for democrats to directly attack her in the way that Trump could be attacked. She is smart, she can say things in soothing ways, and she won't be lying anywhere near as much as Trump does. The amount of lies she spews out will be roughly the same as any other politician, not 50 times as much. And she is nowhere near as incompetent as Trump is.

The republican party will be looking for someone to unify their party and reign in the Trump supporters. From the article:

Haley ON REPUBLICAN SUPPORTERS OF TRUMP

“I talked to this woman this morning, and she said, 'You know that the people that stormed the Capitol, there were a lot of Antifa. And what they did was if they took their MAGA hat and turned it backwards, that was their signal that they were Antifa.' This was an educated, smart, longtime Republican woman. … We’ve got a lot of work to do. They've been lied to by everybody.
    This is her message to Trump supporters. The violent Trump supporters disgust me, but the rest of you, you were lied to by EVERYBODY. This is the start of bringing Trump supporters back into more republican positions. And when she says "WE'VE got a lot of of work to do", I'm pretty sure it means that she most definitely intends to be part of the work of bringing republicans back together again, away from Trump.

Underestimate her at your own peril.
    Last edited by Omega10; 2021-02-12 at 03:36 PM.

New York State moves to rename Donald Trump state park to literally anything else.

-- the bill's sponsor
    Why is there a park named after him in the first place?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    Yep the article goes to lengths to talk about these things as well. But by 2024 Trump will be a distant memory, and she is already walking down the path of moving towards a post-Trump republican party.

Around 50% of the country agrees with you. Which means with good voter suppression activities and the electoral college she would have a good chance of coming withing 5 million votes of Harris and eking out an electoral college victory. Hating her is sensible, underestimating her will make her President in 2024.

On a practical note, it will be very hard for democrats to directly attack her in the way that Trump could be attacked. She is smart, she can say things in soothing ways, and she won't be lying anywhere near as much as Trump does. The amount of lies she spews out will be roughly the same as any other politician, not 50 times as much. And she is nowhere near as incompetent as Trump is.

The republican party will be looking for someone to unify their party and reign in the Trump supporters. From the article:

This is her message to Trump supporters. The violent Trump supporters disgust me, but the rest of you, you were lied to by EVERYBODY. This is the start of bringing Trump supporters back into more republican positions. And when she says "WE'VE got a lot of of work to do", I'm pretty sure it means that she most definitely intends to be part of the work of bringing republicans back together again, away from Trump.

Underestimate her at your own peril.
    Oh, she's politically savvy, no doubt about it. As I told the other poster, treat her like the GOP treated Hillary, and sell her as an ambitious bitch who feels like the president is owed to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Yeah the "she's a fucking awful human being" isn't a good argument. I think the key thing she's going to struggle with, is that she won't have the key voting bloc required to win the primary, being a minority female, she won't get the white trailer trash vote.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    It was land he owned and being the failure he is, couldn't do anything with the land, so he just donated it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Admit it, you know the answer.

He bought the property to make a golf course, then gave up and decided to build houses instead, but the EPA told him he couldn't bulldoze wetlands to do it. So he gave it away, probably as a tax writeoff.

The park is about an hour north of NYC. You can find a description here which will come off as dick-sucking, but bear in mind, when people donate millions of dollars, regardless of the reason, you don't call them a douchebag to their face.

- - - Updated - - -

If they rename it they may still have to show his name on the entrance signs in some way.
    Or, they could wait until he dies and then nobody left will care.

Admit it, you know the answer.

So he gave it away, probably as a tax writeoff.
    Rofl, you go to the wikipedia site of his park, and this is used as a source that it was a tax write off.

I went to Donald Trump’s shitty $100 million tax break park

It’ll be interesting if they both run in 2024 and have to debate each other.
    I think that Trump will no longer be a factor by 2024. Hawley or someone will likely stand in for him to carry the torch.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...O7e?li=BBorjTa

Title: Even with acquittal, GOP sees trial ending Trump's shot at future office

Excerpts:

Senate Republicans, including those who do not plan to vote to convict former President Trump, say this week's impeachment trial has effectively ended any chance of him becoming the GOP presidential nominee in 2024.
    The presentation that democrats put forth earlier in the week was awesome and effective. Trump and his family are done. His last action is likely to be to appoint his successor.

Several Republican senators became irate watching videos of the violence and chaos inside the Capitol on Jan. 6, including footage of police officers being called "pigs" and "traitors" and one officer screaming as he was crushed by rioters battering a police line.

Interspersed with the traumatic scenes were clips of Trump urging his supporters to march to the Capitol, warning them "if you don't fight like hell, you're not going to have a country anymore," and telling them "we love you; you're very special," shortly after the attack.

"It just makes you realize what an asshole Donald Trump is," said one GOP senator after watching day two of the House managers' presentation.

The lawmaker suggested that Democrats may ultimately help the GOP by sidelining Trump.

"Unwittingly, they are doing us a favor. They're making Donald Trump disqualified to run for president," even if he is acquitted, the senator said.

Other Republican senators, even those who have indicated they will vote to acquit, say it would be a good thing if the impeachment trial helps distance the party from Trump, who has thoroughly dominated GOP politics over the past five years.
    Basically, the republican strategy seems to be to acquit Trump this week (or Monday of next week), and then ease Trump out of power using the democrat's presentation as a very effective tool in accomplishing their political goals.

On a practical note, it is absolutely crucial for the survival of the republican party to reign in the Trump supporters. Nikki Haley has already started the ball rolling from her side, and the rest of the republican party will fall in line little by little.

This trial is a huge gift for the republicans. It also is a good way for the country to gradually get Trump out of power, so I would say it's a HUGE plus for the US as well.

It sucks that the democrats hard work will be good for the US, but really good for the republican party. There is a good chance that this is how it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The more I read, the more I certainly agree with the bold. She certainly has some issues in not challenging Trump on some pretty specific stuff, though. So I be curious to see how she'd do in the spotlight now.
    Haley is someone the GOP should push for. They have to control the damage...assuming they want to.