Representative Joe Neguse from Colorado is doing a hella of a job.

I could be snarky here and say this would be the same as praising a high school senior saying his ABC's.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2021-02-10 at 05:50 PM.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

-Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    True to an extent, but look at Florida. Cuban-Americans are by and large staunchly conservative, and are a rapidly growing sub-set of the American populace. Does the GOP think long-term and attempt to court Cuban-Americans and other citizens with Hispanic heritage by stamping out the racist aspects of their party/platform? Nope. Instead they double-down and go for Trailer Trash Barbie (MTG) and the rest of her brood.
    If they court those Cubans they lose their racists they dog whistle now and even with those people, they would still lose more support overall.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Castro and Swalwell are looking like Perry Mason (boomer reference). I mean it is so easy and so much evidence that anyone presenting the case looks so good.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2021-02-10 at 06:23 PM.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

-Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    @dextersmith

The above is just spot on. Bankruptcy, while complicated, is essentially closing out debts with remaining assets. Trump can try to play the bankruptcy game and avoid responsibility, but those loans are tied to properties, and each property should be held within it's own corporation (tax/liability trick, to avoid personal liability - like an LLC), so Trump won't have to file personal bankruptcy, but he might start to lose properties if the banks call the loans due.
    Wouldn’t it be funny if he lost control of Mar-A-Lago, thus negating his employment, so he had to move or take an actual job at the place?

Swalwell is showing video evidence of Trump in his own words saying dead people voted, more people in Detroit voted than registered, etc. I would LOVE to have Trump sitting on this right now and examine him on his own words. "So what did you mean, when you said this"?

-Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Swalwell is showing video evidence of Trump in his own words saying dead people voted, more people in Detroit voted than registered, etc. I would LOVE to have Trump sitting on this right now and examine him on his own words. "So what did you mean, when you said this"?
    I picture him saying “that wasn’t me”.

Trumps theme song should be It Wasn’t Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Wouldn’t it be funny if he lost control of Mar-A-Lago, thus negating his employment, so he had to move or take an actual job at the place?
    OMG yes! I would put that under Top 5 events to befall Trump.

What's this impeachment really going to accomplish?

Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    Prevent Trump from running for any office again.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    Prevent Trump from running for any office again.
    I'm sure the poster is talking about the over whelming evidence yet not enough Senators, Republicans, going to vote not to acquit.

-Isaac Asimov

https://lawandcrime.com/u-s-capitol-...-insurrection/

Over hours of opening statements in former President Donald Trump’s Senate trial, impeachment managers sounded similar themes: that several months of stolen-election messaging led to the siege of the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6. One of the most visible figures of that insurrection quoted and validated those remarks in the middle of those proceedings.

Eric Munchel, the rioter dubbed the “zip-tie guy” for toting tactical restraints while accompanying his mother to the Senate, cited the impeachment managers’ trial memo in arguing that his actions could only properly be viewed in the context of Trump priming his supporters to believe that he could only lose reelection through fraud.

“Beginning in 2020, parts of the United States government—first and foremost the President of the United States of America—told the public that the only way President Donald Trump could lose the presidential election was if the election was rigged,” Munchel’s latest defense memo reads, in the first line of a section titled “Prologue.”
    Zip Tie guy is blaming Trump as well. I hope they call some of these folks to testify, that'll be a treat.

Can't run for office again, and I think Trump also loses some (all?) of the benefits former presidents receive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Money laundering, especially prior to his election? I couldn't give a flying fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://lawandcrime.com/u-s-capitol-...-insurrection/

Zip Tie guy is blaming Trump as well. I hope they call some of these folks to testify, that'll be a treat.
    Pretty much. At least karma is a bitch. These people are facing overwhelming criminal charges. And really, I imagine most will point the finger at Trump if it means saving their own hides or even shaving a bunch of years off their prison time.

For as many times as people have been loyal to Trump and he threw them under the bus, it will be glorious to see all of these people throw Trump under the bus.
    "Nazis are like cats. If they like you, it's probably because you're feeding them." -John Oliver
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't care if he committed tax fraud. Scoring political victories and crushing the aspirations of your political opponents is more important than adhering to moral principles.
    Knadra finally just admitting Trumpkins care more about political victories than morals.

"Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Can't run for office again, and I think Trump also loses some (all?) of the benefits former presidents receive.
    I mean with there pretty likely not being enough votes, now it's just theater.

Demonstrating to the public that the machinery of government is broken as is, providing greater justification for more comprehensive reforms to the system.

It's not fucking hard, lol. "It's just theater" - that's literally what half of politics is, sweaty; performing for an audience in order to mobilise them.
    "Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

I mean with there pretty likely not being enough votes, now it's just theater.
    "It's just theater" is what pretty much all Trump supporters have been saying whenever he's called to answer for his crimes.

Probably don't have the votes so it will largely be another symbolic "victory".
    Some kind of message needed to be sent that this kind of behavior from a president will not be tolerated, but I don't know how effective this will be. It also kind of lessens the power of an impeachment. I don't know how to feel about it.

So is there any chance at all that he'll speak?

If I was up there I'd be taking a page from his own book and taunt him openly. Call him a coward for not testifying and what not.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg