Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Let me get this straight.....

You think a bunch of people, stupid enough to think the election was rigged, all got together at the same place at the same time, and all with purpose scream about the election being rigged, then all together marched to the capitol, while the election was being certified, and broke the fuck in......because.....what exactly?

And you think stupid people, doing stupid a stupid thing, with a stupid plan, somehow proves they weren't there to do that stupid thing?

Are. You. Fucking. Serious?
    For them to overturn the election, there would have to be a mechanism to allow them to do so.

Simply entering the Capitol and occupying it, interrupting a debate about an Election Commission is not a means to overturn an election.

You have to be able to articulate yourself, not simply regurgitate media narratives.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    That's a fucking lie.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...lection-501775

- - - Updated - - -

That evidence has been provided.
    It's not a lie, why else do you think the January 6th protest was scheduled? There was a debate on the floor about an election commission. It's not unusual for protests to happen outside of major events political events.

Do you care to go back and articulate yourself on any of your claims of fascism or do I need to assume you're lying?
    Last edited by BronzeCondor; 2021-08-10 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BronzeCondor View Post
    African American Marine Female General, I cited her name in the second reference. I apologize for my errors as I'm addressing many people at great length.

Is there a reason why you can't articulate how this makes him a fascist?
    So, you had to move goalposts, and delete your other claims.

Man, it's a shame you keep wanting to ignore all those other things.

I have articulated it, and have provided ample evidence. Meanwhile, you tried to say Trump nominated Thomas and O'Connor...

Did you honestly think people wouldn't catch that nonsense?

- - - Updated - - -

For them to overturn the election, there would have to be a mechanism to allow them to do so.

Simply entering the Capitol and occupying it, interrupting a debate about an Election Commission is not a means to overturn an election.

You have to be able to articulate yourself, not simply regurgitate media narratives.
    You mean like Trump using the DoJ to do it?

Oh wait, that also happened...

But the narrative is that Trump was using these people to overturn the election? How? What's the fascist mechanism to overturn the election that was to be executed? What process? If you are worried about how the entering of the Capitol looked, you should look into the security offer that was turned down DC and the footage of them letting people past the barriers.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PXS-DvhQSog

They sure as hell thought it was a means... Not only were they fascists, but they were stupid fascists.

They sure as hell thought it was a means... Not only were they fascists, but they were stupid fascists.
    Well, you're failing to substantiate how they were going to overturn the election and are assigning an unsubstantiated claim to the event that day. I'm going to assume that's lie then.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Unfortunate, what is my takeaway supposed to be from that? In your own words.

Well, you're failing to substantiate how they were going to overturn the election and are assigning an unsubstantiated claim to the event that day. I'm going to assume that's lie then.

Once again, ask the fascists who tried.

Ask Trump, who tried.

The evidence was provided.

A picture says a thousand words. A video should tell you more. But it obviously means nothing to you. My own words certainly wouldn't.

The sea lion is trying to frame the discussion around a question that doesn't fucking matter.

I'm shocked.

So, you had to move goalposts, and delete your other claims.

Man, it's a shame you keep wanting to ignore all those other things.

I have articulated it, and have provided ample evidence. Meanwhile, you tried to say Trump nominated Thomas and O'Connor...

Did you honestly think people wouldn't catch that nonsense?

- - - Updated - - -

You mean like Trump using the DoJ to do it?

Oh wait, that also happened...
    I don't think you know what moving goalposts is and I haven't deleted anything, I simply amended my post to provide clarification with the addition of "& Co". If I were moving goalposts, I wouldn't be addressing the fascist claim any further and would fall back to another argument.

You haven't articulated anything, you simply linked URLs that highlighted events followed by "this is what a fascist would do" rhetoric, but you didn't explain, in your own words, how it was fascist. I'm not asking for a regurgitation of media narratives, I'm asking you for you to use your own words.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    The sea lion is trying to frame the discussion around a question that doesn't fucking matter.

I'm shocked.
    What's a sea lion?

Once again, ask the fascists who tried.

Ask Trump, who tried.

The evidence was provided.
    Why are you unable to use your words to articulate a defense to your claim that Trump is a fascist and how it relates to the links you provided?
    A picture says a thousand words. A video should tell you more. But it obviously means nothing to you. My own words certainly wouldn't.
    That's how they were going to overturn the election?

I would like to invite you to join the conversation with something constructive so that we can engage in a dialogue.

How was the crowd that entered the Capitol Building going to overturn the election?
    So if a bank has no money in it at the time someone tries to rob it....do you not get charged with trying to rob a bank??
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    The sea lion is trying to frame the discussion around a question that doesn't fucking matter. I'm shocked.
    The lack of condemnation of actions that led to the deaths of several police officers says much.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Then you are incredibly naive.
    Are you able to explain how the group that entered the Capitol were going to overturn the election?

Again, they thought they could overturn the election on Jan. 6, and that's the only thing that matters. That was their motivating factor, that and kidnapping elected officials.

You keep prattling on about this bad faith argument, it's a bad argument that has nothing to do with the events of that day.

Are you able to explain how the group that entered the Capitol were going to overturn the election?
    By stopping the certification of the votes which they did temporarily, it was why Trump's focused on Pence which he thought was going to be able to do the same thing.

The lack of condemnation of actions that led to the deaths of several police officers says much.
    That wasn't the topic of discussion but it matters to you, it's unfortunate those officers died, and the individuals responsible for that and those who broke into the Capitol were all morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    So if a bank has no money in it at the time someone tries to rob it....do you not get charged with trying to rob a bank??
    False equivalence, try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    By stopping the certification of the votes which they did temporarily, it was Trump's entire focus on Pence which he thought was going to be able to do the same thing.
    Stopping the certification doesn't overturn the election.

I never said they would.
    It's the attempt...and the violence and deaths that followrd...

I don't think you know what moving goalposts is and I haven't deleted anything, I simply amended my post to provide clarification with the addition of "& Co". If I were moving goalposts, I wouldn't be addressing the fascist claim any further and would fall back to another argument.

You haven't articulated anything, you simply linked URLs that highlighted events followed by "this is what a fascist would do" rhetoric, but you didn't explain, in your own words, how it was fascist. I'm not asking for a regurgitation of media narratives, I'm asking you for you to use your own words.

- - - Updated - - -

What's a sea lion?

Why are you unable to use your words to articulate a defense to your claim that Trump is a fascist and how it relates to the links you provided?

You first claimed:

How would stopping Congress from certifying the election, overturn the election?

Do you believe a racist would have nominated the first African American Female General in our Nation's History?
    Do you have any examples of Trump hating free speech?
    Do you have any examples of Trump hating religious rights?
    Do you have any examples of Trump hating privacy rights?
    Do you have any examples of Trump opposing due process?
    Do you have any examples of Trump hating the 14th amendment?

Do you believe the group of people who entered the Capitol Building all wanted to hang Mike Pence?
    How were the people who entered the Capitol Building going to overturn the election?
    If Trump didn't have unlimited power, is he still considered a fascist?

This is about Trump now, sorry if my previous topic derailed the thread.
    Maybe you should stop pushing falsehoods.

I showed he's a fascists, and provided evidence. others have done the same. I don't much care if you don't like the evidence.

Can you refute the evidence provided?

10+ Year Old Account
    You are sealioning. Stop that.

And also:

Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

That wasn't the topic of discussion but it matters to you, it's unfortunate those officers died, and the individuals responsible for that and those who broke into the Capitol were all morons.

False equivalence, try again.
    No it's not... they sure as shit thought they were helping to overturn it.

Trump did the same when he tried to use the DoJ to overturn it. The evidence was provided, and you ignored it. Don't blame these posters, because those shitty fascists were ignorant idiots.

Stopping the certification doesn't overturn the election.
    Trump disagrees and he said it openly.