10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted already, but Kevin McCarthy is trying to fundraise by selling T-shirts that celebrate the fact that he and other anti-maskers are morons.
    I mean, that's like an entirely blatant self-own in the form of a scarlet letter tee.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    "Do you miss me yet?"

Someone should tell him that his cult won't be too happy to be reminded that he hasn't actually been president the whole time.
    exactly so the problems in Afghanistan, at the border and covid are all Trumps fault since he was back in office the first week of March...according to the meth heads.

Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    What's all that about?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    What's all that about?
    From what I have read, there was an Anti-Mask - Anti-Vax Rally in LA with Proud Boys (White Supremacists) among them. It was setup legally with all the permits and all legit at the start. The problem is counter protesters also formed there which was understandable given what these people stood for.

Then violence broke out with 1 confirmed to the news I read an hour ago of being stabbed. Both sides are blaming the other side on starting it first. And while we can't 100% confirm it was the Anti-Vax crowd yet, the are also the only group actively attacking journalists at the event.

So, long story short, a group of anti-intellectual racists created a rally celebrating their aversion to science and modern medicine and then got violent when counter protestors arrived and while we can't tell 100% for sure YET that they threw the first blow, we do know that they are the ones continuing it and attacking those who came to document the events.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's look at a more positive response than DeSantis'.

(throws a dart)

Oregon.

The governor of Oregon has called out the National Guard and is looking for FEMA funding. She's not fucking around.

Oregeon has a school mask mandate.

TIL everyone is apparently antifa.

10+ Year Old Account
    This NBC News article goes into the "immigrants cause COVID" bullshit. I'll save you the read: there aren't enough immigrants to cause the numbers we're seeing, and no matter what the Party of Trump is shrilling, the borders aren't open. There's been no change in immigration since July 1 to cause the spike the South is seeing. The cause of COVID cases/hospitalizations/death going up in the South, is the South.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean, in a sane world everyone would be, but...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This NBC News article goes into the "immigrants cause COVID" bullshit. I'll save you the read: there aren't enough immigrants to cause the numbers we're seeing, and no matter what the Party of Trump is shrilling, the borders aren't open. There's been no change in immigration since July 1 to cause the spike the South is seeing. The cause of COVID cases/hospitalizations/death going up in the South, is the South.
    It's equally interesting considering that Texas is the only "the south" state to even have a border with mexico.

I mean if anything shouldn't they be getting on Texas for having what is apparently an underground railroad of illegal immigrants traveling from their borders east through to Florida and north up into the Carolinas?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Not doing a report for Saturday for the usual reasons but Florida apparently had just shy of 26k new cases--another new record.

Glad my niece and nephew are getting the fuck out of there before school starts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Everyone should be.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Florida apparently had just shy of 26k new cases
    If I was killing a thousand people a week, I'd stop reporting it, too. No wonder his polls are finally dropping off.

Not doing a report for Saturday for the usual reasons but Florida apparently had just shy of 26k new cases--another new record.

Glad my niece and nephew are getting the fuck out of there before school starts.
    Congrats, wish I could claim the same.

Got 2 of my nieces who are still in school in Florida. But one of them is home schooled (She said because her dad was afraid she get attacked or shot by a BLM protestor) so she won't be directly exposed to it but I fear about her job prospects or thinking skills when she gets older while the other one I honestly think will skip more days than showing up.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, here you go.

Axios: Man stabbed at Los Angeles City Hall COVID vaccine protest
    A man was stabbed and a journalist said he was assaulted during a protest against COVID-19 vaccinations outside Los Angeles' City Hall on Saturday.

Driving the news: A fight broke out after several hundred demonstrators rallied outside the City Hall and a small group of counterprotesters gathered nearby about 2p.m. local time, per the Los Angeles Times.

• The Los Angeles Police Department tweeted that it was monitoring the protest at the south lawn of the City Hall.
    • "We are on scene to maintain order after a fight broke out. We are aware of 1 male that was stabbed & is being treated by LAFD," the LAPD said, in reference to the Los Angeles Fire Department. "No arrests have been made but investigation is on going."
    • KPCC radio reporter Frank Stolze was seen being kicked and screamed at by anti-mask protesters while trying to do his job, the L.A. Times notes.
    • "In the melee, counterprotesters could be seen spraying mace while members of the anti-vaccine rally screamed death threats," the L.A. Times reports. "One older man screamed 'unmask them all' and clawed at a woman’s face."
    • The LAPD said the stabbed man was in a serious condition after being transported to a nearby hospital, according to AP.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump cultist Pompeo goes on FOX News to blatantly lie "Trump never trusted the Taliban, the group of terrorists he intentionally negotiated with in public, when handing them a country that already had an elected government".

Trump's words at the time, of course, are different.

We’re dealing very well with the Taliban. They’re very tough, they’re very smart, they’re very sharp, but you know it’s been 19 years and even they are tired of fighting, in all fairness.
    -- September of last year

"Okay but Pompeo can't be held accountable for Trump's random off-scripts."

First of all, bullshit, he knew what his job was. Second of all, he was directly involved the whole time.

Speaking at the White House, Mr Trump congratulated Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, Defense Secretary Mark Esper and "the people of the United States for having spent so much in terms of blood, in terms of treasure, and treasury."

He said the Taliban had been trying to reach an agreement with the US for a long time, and that he had faith in the deal because "everyone is tired of war."

The president added that US troops had been killing terrorists in Afghanistan "by the thousands" and now it was "time for someone else to do that work and it will be the Taliban and it could be surrounding countries".

"I really believe the Taliban wants to do something to show we're not all wasting time," he added. "If bad things happen, we'll go back with a force like no-one's ever seen."

The deal was signed by US special envoy Zalmay Khalilzad and Taliban political chief Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar with Mr Pompeo as a witness.

In a speech, Mr Pompeo urged the militant group to "keep your promises to cut ties with al-Qaeda".
    "Okay, but that sounds like 'if you break our trust, we'll kill you'."

Yes, but that in turn implies trust. And even if you disagree, look at Iran. Iran was working in the boundaries of the Nuclear Deal. Trump just up and ended it. So he gave the Taliban, a known terrorist group that tried to protect bin Laden after 9/11, more trust than Iran, who no I'm not going to defend as icons of good behavior but are an actual country government. That automatically puts the Taliban a step down. Trump signed a deal with them anyhow -- again, leaving out the elected govt of the country.

Pompeo is lying, trying to gaslight and deflect from his role in things. This isn't about "what should have been done instead" this is about Pompeo claiming Trump didn't trust the Taliban when there's globally public proof he did.

10+ Year Old Account
    *snip*
    not to mention the invite to Camp David right on the 9/11 anniversary
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Remember when they used to say you wouldn't see the new president's 'effect' on the economy and country until at least after their first year in office?

Yea me neither.
    Oh, that only applies when it's a Republican in office and the economy isn't doing well. Then it's still the previous Democrat's policies fucking things up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Florida apparently had just shy of 26k new cases--another new record.
    clk-clik *chk-chk* Thanks for the extra shell.

Until recently, the highest peak on the CDC's graph for Florida was the backlog of Jan 1 of this year, at 20,945 cases. Their 7-day average rose to at-the-time a record peak under 15,000 cases/day around the 11th or 12th.

Let's fast forward to now.

On the CDC's page at time of writing, their most recent caseload was 25,991 which is close enough to 26k to win both showcases. The 7-day average is 21,662 and for those of you paying attention, yes, that's higher than the state's previous spike record from a holiday.

Yes, the average is higher than the spike. Nobody here should need an explanation as to what that means, but I'm giving you one anyhow: the situation in Florida now is constantly worse than it's ever been. The state is circling the drain.

But I should also point out the state's cases per 100k are 706. Because we're talking about the same state, of course, that means it's also a new record. It's also almost triple the USA overall. It is triple the USA minus Florida, within a carpool or two.

Hmm. If Florida was a country, where would it rank?

The CDC doesn't seem to have that so I had to use worldometers. According to them, the USA is 27th overall in countries by cases-per-capita. We've been far worse. Florida would be 6th.

Before I continue, I want to be clear: yes, Florida is worse than Cuba. Illegal immigrants would be helping right now.

Local source after local source after local source continue to point out how Florida is breaking records daily. Hospitals are full. Some are asking why there's no state of emergency when it's clear Florida is the State of Emergency. More school districts are defying DeSantis and applying a mask mandate, still all blue counties so far.

How bad is it? DeSantis is paying teachers $1,000 not to quit.

DeSantis still polls strongly in the state. The cheers and applause for standing up to the left is strong from the ICUs and funeral processions. I posted earlier that his support was falling, which it is, but it's still high.

For how long?

Let's say that the current rate of death, 150 or so per day, continues indefinitely (the only reason it'd drop is if DeSantis takes measures). Let's say for each DeSantis voter that dies, three surviving family members change their mind about backing the man who killed their loved one. (I don't think anyone in Florida will turn on DeSantis unless DeSantis kills them, or someone they live with) Trump won Florida by about 400,000 votes. So...

(runs numbers)

Two years. DeSantis would remain over 50% for two more years, at this rate of death.

Fuck Florida.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    not to mention the invite to Camp David right on the 9/11 anniversary
    When I say "invited the Taliban to picnic on the White House lawn" that's the event to which I refer. Just, you know, not as direct or specific.

- - - Updated - - -

The NYTimes reports and my long-term fuckbuddy confirms that Graham called Biden to say, basically, that Graham attacked Hunter Biden just to win over Trump supporters.

Which sounds a lot like "it was just business, not personal". Like you hear from upstanding members of the mafia and assassins.

Let's say for each DeSantis voter that dies
    For every MAGAHat that dies, two minorities die because they’re less able to take time off.