think you might have the wrong thread ^^
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    It's being rolled into a term used to attack educational curriculum that teaches about the history of race and systemic bias all around. And it's something, frankly, that democrats and progressives need to get ahead of in their messaging.

People can cite calling that CRT as an "untrue meaning," people can cite it as unfair, people can cite it as inapplicable, that doesn't stop or change what the GOP is trying to do to it, and with it, in their messaging.
    Sure, but it wasn't a concept created by the Democrats to be a message, with a name considered for how well it would sound to the masses. It was an academic theory that most people had never even heard of until the Republicans took it and ran with it. It is, in effect, ENTIRELY Republican messaging; there's no Democratic messaging to get ahead with because they're essentially just trying to respond to scary-sounding bullshit.

It's being rolled into a term used to attack educational curriculum that teaches about the history of race and systemic bias all around. And it's something, frankly, that democrats and progressives need to get ahead of in their messaging.

People can cite calling that CRT as an "untrue meaning," people can cite it as unfair, people can cite it as inapplicable, that doesn't stop or change what the GOP is trying to do to it, and with it, in their messaging.
    And every time people counter that it isn't being taught in schools, it's a carefully constructed 2-part trap 1) it sounds like a concession that there's something wrong with it being taught in schools 2) Christopher Rufo said the quiet part out loud, that it was their goal "recodify" everything that makes white people uncomfortable into CRT, so then they can point to pretty much anything in the curriculum (does it have the word "inclusion"? "equality"? etc.,) as falling under the rubric of CRT and then claim you're lying besides:

There's no excuse anymore for Democrats always being on the backfoot defending against a firehouse of outright fucking falsehoods and generalized political sewage. Everybody knows how Republicans operate. Democrats should absolutely start behaving like Republicans in some ways, like having entire ecosystems of think tanks, "societies," politicians, judges, donors, etc., etc., etc., literally meeting every week in some cases, probing weak points in law, legislators, coalition fault lines, and fanning out dark money dollars and rapid response teams to be on a constant offensive, controlling narratives instead of fumbling around trying to figure out how to respond to lies.
    Last edited by Levelfive; 2021-11-11 at 12:46 PM.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

10+ Year Old Account
    So apparently I agree with John Bolton when we HRAAAAAAAUGH sorry I couldn't get through that without throwing up.

Bolton goes on TV to say Trump won't run in 2024, but will keep hinting at it because
    (a) he wants the spotlight, and
    (b) he knows 2024 is his last chance, and if he loses then, he'll be a loser forever.

And we know the one thing Trump hates, it's not being a loser, because he is, he's gone bankrupt and lost wives and then there's 2020's election with no fraud. But he hates being seen as a loser. He would literally rather die, or as we've seen, literally rather kill than be seen as a loser. Jimmy Kimmel knows this too well.

The last time Trump got a spanking like that was with a copy of Forbes magazine by Stormy Daniels
    I disagree with Bolton, oh that feels so much better, but mostly because of the money. Trump isn't just hogging the spotlight, he's also grifting.

But he may be on borrowed time. Real news CNN exclusively reports that some of Pence's inner circle are being asked to testify, and they're willing.

"Wait, so, Pence is being accused of the murderous insurrection?"

No. Pence's aides are likely in possession of evidence -- both to Trump's efforts to push Pence to make Trump a dictator for life, and also, to any attempts Team Trump would have made to lock Pence out when he didn't comply. Also, some of those Pence aides are apparently all too happy to help.

I suppose Trump could try to stop them from testifying by claiming that's Executive Time too, but so far he hasn't done so. And it probably won't matter. Citing CNN again because they are factually reporting on objective facts so suck it, the biggest changes to Executive Privilege came when Nixon tried to burn the evidence. He failed. Twice. Because

Nixon lost in 1977 by a 7-2 vote. A threshold question for the justices in that case of Nixon v. Administrator of General Services was whether Nixon, as a former president, could assert executive privilege -- a right intended to ensure a president confidentiality in his dealings with advisers and usually given significant protection. In an earlier case, the 1974 United States v. Nixon, the court had said the privilege is not absolute, as it required Nixon to turn over Watergate tapes for a criminal investigation. (Nixon resigned soon after that decision.)

In the 1977 Nixon dispute, the justices said a former president can, even after leaving office, assert executive privilege. "The privilege survives the individual President's tenure," Justice William Brennan wrote for the majority.

Yet the court emphasized a significant condition relevant to the Trump case: "At the same time, however, the fact that neither President (Gerald) Ford nor President (Jimmy) Carter supports appellant's claim detracts from the weight of his contention that the Act impermissibly intrudes into the executive function and the needs of the Executive Branch," Brennan wrote. "This necessarily follows, for it must be presumed that the incumbent President is vitally concerned with and in the best position to assess the present and future needs of the Executive Branch, and to support invocation of the privilege accordingly."

Chutkan relied heavily on that seminal opinion Tuesday as she observed that presidential conversations would normally fall under the protections of executive privilege but that the privilege is not absolute.
    Privilege is there for the good of the country, not the party, and not Trump. And the President gets to decide (well, mostly).

CNN also goes on to point out, with undisguised glee, that most of Trump's suppression efforts so far have been "I'm too busy golfing, don't bother me". Well, he's not in the WH anymore. That argument is now shoved up his Oval Orifice.

Things are really not going Trump's way.

Still under the weather but I'll give it a go. Wednesday's report:

94,376 new cases; around 16k more than last Wednesday. Oof.

Top 10:

Pennsylvania: 6,936 new cases; 195 deaths
    Ohio: 5,527 new cases; deaths not reported
    New York: 5,471 new cases; 40 deaths
    Minnesota: 5,092 new cases; 43 deaths
    Illinois: 5,044 new cases; 28 deaths
    Michigan: 4,683 new cases; 95 deaths
    California: 4,582 new cases; 134 deaths
    Texas: 4,364 new cases; 152 deaths
    Wisconsin: 4,149 new cases; deaths not reported
    Colorado: 3,837 new cases; 60 deaths

The numbers from Pennsylvania today are indicative of a correction which accounts for some of the increase, but the rest? Yikes. Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan, Minnesota, Illinois--all are seeing increases lately (or still in the case of some) further indicating that the next wave is upon us and possibly originating in the Great Lakes region. I say "possibly" because I see increases in Colorado, the Dakotas and several other states as well including New England, it just seems more pronounced in the Great Lakes. Today's totals are probably a bit inflated by weekend corrections still, but we'll know for sure in the next couple days. Alaska still has the worst case per 100k ratio of the nation but they're nearly out of the "Severe" range. South Dakota blah blah positivity blah.

1,493 deaths is around 50 fewer than last Wednesday and brings the total to 780,236. Pennsylvania took the top spot (again, probably due to a correction) but Texas topped California for second worst on the day. The gap has narrowed significantly so it doesn't look like Texas will be passing California's total on this wave, but they are just over 400 shy, so that's pretty awful considering the 10 million pop difference between the two. I keep wanting to post about how the 7-day average is decreasing because if you just look at the graph it's true, but thanks to the backfills from states like Florida the number keeps jumping back up a few days later (as @PhaelixWW has demonstrated in the past with their gifs).

Related news:

Mutation Linked to Remdesivir Resistance Found in Covid Patient--Nothing to panic about generally, but bad news for immunocompromised COVID patients.

The U.S. administered more COVID shots this week than it has since spring--Better late than never, but the majority of those were booster shots (which, well, the debate is still ongoing as to whether or not those are necessary for everyone right now) and I doubt many of them are in states with the lowest vaxx rates.

U.S. Surgeon General: Americans could get to the point where they "learn to live with" COVID-19--I think most of us have already come to this conclusion. COVID is switching from pandemic to endemic. The good news is that there are constantly new treatments being researched to cut down on illness and deaths so we can, in time, just get on with our lives. But what really pisses me off is that we didn't have to learn to live with it; we could have killed it if not for the fucking stupidity of a certain portion of the population and their emboldening by Trump and Trumper lackeys.

Stay safe, folks.

https://www.newsweek.com/tucker-carl...russia-1648293

Apparently Tucker Carlson needed to have a Republican House member explain to him why we side with Ukraine and not Russia.

Seriously, can all these stupid fucks just move to Russia so they can simp for Big Daddy Putin, already?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    the majority of those were booster shots
    In a related story, ow.

1,500 deaths first happened around here:

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    CHINA VIRUS CHINA VIRUS CHINA VIRUS.
    No, not quite, that's too early.

Almost there.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Predictably, this is front-page FOXNews fodder:

Whoops too far, back one.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump lays the groundwork for voter suppression.
    HAHAHAHAHA oh man, I forgot about that! Yes, in early April Trump was complaining about mail-in votes as voter fraud before his mishandling of the pandemic made it nearly mandatory. Oh wow. I needed that.

Anyhow, here it is:

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    He'd also be facing hundreds of thousands of dead bodies, unemployment as high as 20%, and everyone with a Phd saying that Trump fucked this pooch every which way from day one.
    Yep, this is a cubby post from April 4 2020, when the death toll climbed over 1,000 and stayed there for months. Of course, @cubby was 100% spot on. This is about the time where (go back to this thread about that post and just read forwards/back a few days) Team Trump realized this was actually going to hurt their chances at staying in power. You can see that by
    (a) how they and FOX News changed their talking points overnight, and
    (b) Trump immediately firing random people because he realized he had a deadline, and
    (c) Trump shifting from "I have solved everything and it's perfect" to "Obama gave us defective tests and used all our masks and ventilators" which was, of course, false, and
    (d) Hobby Lobby, doing God's work sarcasm, fires everyone and tells them to take govt money, as shown here
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Did you happen to see the letter they sent their employees? Clicky
    and
    (e) this is when Fauci and the states started doing end-runs around Trump, because Trump was busy handing the crisis over to Kushner. No, really, he did that. Here's when it started and here's an article 6 months later showing how it went. Spoiler alert: it went poorly.

All of that, everything I listed above, happened 4/4 to 4/6 in 2020. (snaps) Like that.

yes, we're over 1,000 a day now, that's pretty horrifying
    -- me, not prepared for what would follow for 19 months and counting

Early April 2020 was when even the Party of Trump decided it was time to do something about this, as we saw by Trump stealing masks from Massachusets and hoarding ventilators. Gone was the pretty talk of crowded churches in Easter. Gone was the "Jyna said it wasn't a problem, and I believed him". Gone was "the doctors know what to do" yes they said that too for some reason.

In a related story, this is also right about the time GDP forecasts went sub-toilet.

And now, because y'all valued spring break and whoopin' and hollerin' at truck races more than the life and health of your fellow man, the 1000+ death count is continuing...indefinitely.

We have come down from a 1000+ daily deaths peak three times.
    1) Mid May 2020, when lockdowns were enforced basically coast to coast except Florida.
    2) March 2021, fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinally coming down off the holiday burst and other Trump-related fuckery, also vaccines administered crossed 100M about that time, and
    3) I lied. We're still in the third peak.

I suggest each and every single one of us wander back through this very thread to about that time, maybe a few weeks earlier if you like, and remember the good times when "the US is good and fucked with Florida's dick" wasn't a 100% given yet. Those were good times...well, less horrifying times.

One last line before I end this post:

It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.
    -- Trump, lying liar who lies about everything all the time, and proud owner of hundreds of thousands of dead American taxpayer bodies

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The fact that so many people think Tucker is brilliant is terrifying.
    He used to wear a bow-tie, he must be smart!

I mean, look at who else wears bow ties. Bill Nye. Pee-Wee Herman...ok maybe this isn't such a good list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump files for...

(checks notes)

(checks notes again)

...some kind of pause to the turnover so he can file for a pause to the turnover. Apparently, this is a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly “critical race theory” is a terrible name. The word “race” is pre-loaded with all kinds of connotations that usually make Americans adverse to engaging with it.
    It's an academic terms, and academics couldn't give less of a shit about what willfully ignorant partisans from one particular country would think about the term. They're not the audience.

It's no different than the willfully ignorant shitheads who respond to "global warming" with "we had a super cold day yesterday!"
    It's no different than young-Earth creationists who ask "if we evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?"
    It's no different than anti-vaxxers proclaiming that vaccines contain mercury.

These people are all idiots, and making arguments akin to Michael Scout declaring bankruptcy by shouting "BANKRUPTCY! I DECLARE IT!"

Letting the idiots of society adjudicate what academic terminology should be is . . . not really tenable. The "solution" should be telling the idiots they're idiots and they should fuck off, not to try and change academic terminology to assuage their stupid, ignorant, kneejerking feelings.

- - - Updated - - -

In much the same way that the Nazis were always going to present Jewish people as the villains, no matter what defenses were put up against that.

Because they're liars, and bigots, and understand the effectiveness of propaganda.

The real issue here is how vulnerable society is to being misled by propagandists, and I don't see that submitting to the propagandists' agenda is a reasonable response.

I'll agree the status quo isn't great, but it needs to be fixed by having academics fire back, all call these bigots out for being bigots, openly and publicly and on every broadcast stream available.

All this stuff about "maybe we should change the term" is kinda like saying "what if the Jews had just stopped calling themselves Jews"? It doesn't fix anything. The issue is that bigots are pushing propaganda. They don't give a shit about the term "critical race theory". They're doing everything they can to inculcate white supremacy in the k-12 scholastic system, and that's just one of the propaganda tactics they're using to get there.
    Last edited by Endus; 2021-11-11 at 07:53 PM.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...trump-1256481/

While dozens of Secret Service members quarantined after the positive tests, campaign staff were not as cautious. Instead of isolating for 10 days, as the CDC advised individuals to do after a positive Covid test, campaign staff were instructed to drive back to Washington in rental cars. Three staffers making that journey traveled together, prompting campaign staff to joke that they were driving a “Covid-mobile” across the country. One staffer who had been concerned his preexisting conditions made him more vulnerable to Covid became so ill with the virus that he was hospitalized for a week in Tulsa. “It was really scary,” a senior campaign official told Karl. “He was actually worried he was going to die.”

Cain — who was 74 and had battled colon cancer — was hospitalized days after his positive test and remained there for a month until he succumbed to complications from the virus. This prompted one senior staffer to tell ABC News reporter Will Steakin, “We killed Herman Cain.”
    More on the Tulsa rally that killed Herman Cain. Seems like at least one of the staffers feels a certain amount of responsibility for their dangerous and reckless behavior leading to vulnerable folks getting covid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like there are more documents being asked for. Meadows has his own batch I guess? For some reason, there's a separate request for those where privilege is concerned. I wonder what Biden w--

"Nope."

Well, that answers that.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump threw enough shit at the wall that some finally stuck.

Handover of documents indefinitely delayed. Appeals court will hear Trump's latest defense Nov 30th and, for some reason, not tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

House is ready to hit Meadows with criminal contempt. He's due to hand over those subpoena'd documents tomororw, or the DoJ is called in.

Simply put, there is no valid legal basis for Mr. Meadows's continued resistance to the Select Committee's subpoena. As such, the Select Committee expects Mr. Meadows to produce all responsive documents and appear for deposition testimony tomorrow, November 12, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. If there are specific questions during that deposition that you believe raise legitimate privilege issues, Mr. Meadows should state them at that time on the record for the Select Committee's consideration and possible judicial review.

The Select Committee will view Mr. Meadows's failure to appear at the deposition, and to produce responsive documents or a privilege log indicating the specific basis for withholding any documents you believe are protected by privilege, as willful non-compliance. Such willful noncompliance with the subpoena would force the Select Committee to consider invoking the contempt of Congress procedures in 2 U.S.C. §§ 192, 194—which could result in a referral from the House of Representatives to the Department of Justice for criminal charges—as well as the possibility of having a civil action to enforce the subpoena brought against Mr. Meadows in his personal capacity.
    Emphasis mine.

Meadows' lawyer is trying "Trump says it's privileged so it's privileged, despite Biden saying it isn't". In other words, Meadows has as solid a grasp of Constitutional law as he did when he helped lead the murderous insurrection to overthrow democracy.

"Wouldn't Trump's recent delaying tactics which worked also affect this?"

Apparently not, no. Meadows' lawyer cited that as the reason he wasn't going to comply, and the House said "do it anyhow". Also, if Meadows talks to someone who isn't Trump, and Trump isn't in the room or on the CC list, privilege wouldn't apply anyhow.

"Well perhaps he just needs more time to collect the required documents."

He was subpoena'd in September, no he doesn't.

"Is there any chance Biden w--"

No. Also a reminder, all of this was about Trump trying to get re-elected by violence. It wasn't a WH issue, it was a re-election issue. Meadows cannot claim he's covered by privilege for non-WH activities, such as re-election campaigns. Or, you know, plotting treason.

"Meadows seems like he's going to take this to court."

I look forward to him doing so in handcuffs.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel a 24-hour challenge coming on.

Trump has an interview with ABC News in which he, well, basically defends the calls to "hang Pence".

Q: Were you worried about him during that siege? Were you worried about his safety?

A: No, I thought he was well-protected, and I had heard that he was in good shape. No. Because I had heard he was in very good shape. But, but, no, I think —
    "That doesn't sound so bad."

Wait.

Q: Because you heard those chants — that was terrible. I mean —

A: He could have — well, the people were very angry.
    "Okay, that's a little worse."

Oh, just wait.

Q: They were saying 'hang Mike Pence.'

A: Because it's common sense, Jon. It's common sense that you're supposed to protect. How can you — if you know a vote is fraudulent, right? — how can you pass on a fraudulent vote to Congress? How can you do that? And I'm telling you: 50/50, it's right down the middle for the top constitutional scholars when I speak to them. Anybody I spoke to — almost all of them at least pretty much agree, and some very much agree with me — because he's passing on a vote that he knows is fraudulent. How can you pass a vote that you know is fraudulent? Now, when I spoke to him, I really talked about all of the fraudulent things that happened during the election. I didn't talk about the main point, which is the legislatures did not approve — five states. The legislatures did not approve all of those changes that made the difference between a very easy win for me in the states, or a loss that was very close, because the losses were all very close.
    There you have it. It was "common sense" to call for "Hang Mike Pence".

So I'll pause here and, as per usual, put out one of my 24-hour challenges for any Trump supporter on these forums. As per usual, failure to answer means you cannot defend the action, and also, you admit you're a coward for not answering. At least say "no, that's indefensible" if you want to be taken seriously.

Is passing on a vote, even a fraudulent one, worthy of a lynch mob? Trump says it's common sense. Any Trump supporter therefore says it's common sense unless they say otherwise.

That ends the challenge, because now it's time to talk about what's wrong with the rest of the response. Spoiler alert: it's everything.

1) Trump did not know the vote was fraudulent. He lied. He lost every court case he had, because he had no proof. He wanted it to be fraudulent. He hoped it was fraudulent. But he didn't know the vote was fraudulent, because it wasn't. There was no proof then. There is no proof now. Trump is lying. And even by Jan 6th standards, he was still lying.

2) I have no idea how Trump said 50/50 is "almost all of them". That's just stupid.

3) Once again, Trump is saying "everyone is saying" without citing a single one.

4) I do believe, incidentally, that almost all the scholars Trump talked to said Trump was the best and the smartest and the most bigly and the most yuge. If I asked my students "who is the best math teacher you've ever had?" 50/50 would say me. Because (a) they're sucking up and (b) I'm only asking my students. 99.99999% of American students have never met me.

But that doesn't make it true.

Trump, by saying "everyone who talked to me said I was right" is proving how dangerous surrounding yourself with yes-men who also act as psychological linebackers is, and I believe he's doing so on purpose. (Otherwise he's too stupid to know what "confirmation bias" is, which is arguably just as bad or worse) It would have taken 10 minutes wandering down any number of headlines to see that the majority of Constitutional scholars did not agree with him. He just needed to pry his head out of his tear-flavored ice cream and stick it out of the bunker to see it. And even that wasn't necessary because he lost every court case he had.

5) Trump is now blaming Pence for election fraud. Read that line again.

he's passing on a vote that he knows is fraudulent
    That is a public -- well when the interview is made public that is -- that is a public declaration that Pence is guilty of a crime. There are rules and laws about that. Put up or shut up, fatass. Pence is a craven coward, we have 4 years of evidence, but he could sue for that. He won't. Pence is so dickless, that I\m fairly sure I could call him dickless to his face and face no consequences. Pence, if you're reading this, (a) you're dickless and (b) you have enough clout that you can find me if it matters. I get the feeling it doesn't. I can't possibly be the first person to call you dickless in public.

6) And, of course, that last bit. Trump basically saying that, if he had cheated, he would have won by a landslide.

No. Fucking. Shit. Fatass. That's how cheating works. I could give all my students A+ grades if I wanted to. It'd be horrifyingly dishonest, and if anyone checked my students' work they'd know I made that up, but if I did that, my class would have the highest GPA in the world. That doesn't make me the best teacher. It makes me a cheating loser.

So there you have it. In addition to all the lying, the stupidity, and the accusation of a felony (that one's new) Trump said it was common sense to have a lynch mob for someone who passes along a fraudulent vote. Any and all Trump supporters must respond to this, or again, by lacking any response, it is declared they are okay with that.

For the next 24 hours, any and all Trump supporters you see post here must be directed to this post and required to comment on Trump's actions. They are allowed to say "I disagree" that's fine. Don't bother responding to anything else they say or do, that's not important right now. They can, they must, comment on Trump's defense of lynch mobs. Until they do, they have self-declared they are disingenuous posters and are not worth your time.

No report for Thursday because apparently COVID respects Veteran's Day judging by how little was reported (only 21 states submitted anything and of those less than half seem "complete"). That's going to screw up the numbers for Friday too so I'll probably make that one a quickie since it's fairly impossible to see trends when the numbers are fudged. I think we all know where things are heading at this point anyway.

So, in more personal news, the Netherlands reported a record 16k cases yesterday (the previous record was during last Winter at about 13k) a little over a month after relaxing nearly all restrictions, so, yeah, the US still fails to hold a monopoly on fucking dumbasses (plenty of Trumpers here too). Every evening/night I had to go out to head to work I had to make several walking detours around huge crowds of college kids constipating the sidewalks around bars. No masks, no social distancing, packed so close they could practically swap venereal disease. I guess that's what happens when the mayor owns several restaurants/bars--gotta protect business!

At any rate, this is far from over is the point, so stay vigilant and stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    That is a public -- well when the interview is made public that is -- that is a public declaration that Pence is guilty of a crime. There are rules and laws about that. Put up or shut up, fatass. Pence is a craven coward, we have 4 years of evidence, but he could sue for that. He won't. Pence is so dickless, that I\m fairly sure I could call him dickless to his face and face no consequences. Pence, if you're reading this, (a) you're dickless and (b) you have enough clout that you can find me if it matters. I get the feeling it doesn't. I can't possibly be the first person to call you dickless in public.
    Movie clip always relevant.

Notice: The very Trumpian thing that Peter Venkman throws out at the end of the kerfluffle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two quick things.

One, so let's talk about Lonnie Coffman. He's fucked. He's the latest to be convicted and soon sentenced for his role in the murderous insurrection.

"Oh, I'm sure this very fine person was just a peaceful protestor."

Well, he had a taser.

"Not a big deal."

And a crossbow.

"Um, okay, but not exactly a weapon of mass destruction."

And a pistol. You know you can't bring those onto federal property, right?

"Well...just a pistol doesn't prove much."

And an assault rifle.

"...uh..."

And a cooler with 11 Molotov cocktails. He came prepared to commit violence. Large-scale violence.

Two, so the House has been looking into Trump's "response" to COVID and...it's ugly. Fat, orange, and ugly. When a CDC official dared tell the public Feb 25 that things were going to get bad, Trump shut the CDC down from talking to the public till the summer. Trump took over the briefings until he got bored, but the CDC was prevented from doing such on their own. The CDC was then also basically told to stop making @Benggaul -style reports, and also, the rules about testing were changed because as we've seen, Trump wanted positive test results to go down to make it look like things were under control. Because Trump is a lying liar who lies about everything, even if it causes hundreds of thousands to die.

After this guidance was posted ... we saw a dramatic decline of the number of tests performed during the end of August and the beginning of September. This document resulted in less testing and less aggressive testing of those without symptoms that I believed were the primary reason for the early community spread.
    -- Birx

We also know Trump shut down the border because he was racist. There was no public health reason to do so.

Wow, I was hoping I was wrong, but it looks like I actually might be. Bannon charged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Wow, I was hoping I was wrong, but it looks like I actually might be. Bannon charged.
    Fuck yes. This is huge, because if they are going to do it once, the seal is broken, and they will keep doing it when appropriate. Meadows is next.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Fuck yes. This is huge, because if they are going to do it once, the seal is broken, and they will keep doing it when appropriate. Meadows is next.
    Depends how quickly this gets through the courts, but yeah. I still think congress should just bypass the whole thing and use their inherent contempt powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

I was shocked at how quick this came back.
    Yeah, this happened a lot more quickly than I was expecting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was shocked at how quick this came back. It’s great news though. Hold them all accountable

- - - Updated - - -

That’s what they did already.
    I can see it now. Congressman Bubba Hatfield (R-Bumblefuck) grinning like a kid muttering "Try to lynch me will you. Let's hustle this lil doggy along fast like." while swiping right on 18 year olds on Grindr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.