10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taifuu View Post
    By that post; isn't he admitting that Jesus is anti-democratic and that by virtue those who follow him do not believe in a democracy?
    He’s trying to equate all these other batshit conspiracies he’s peddling with whether you’re a real Christian or not.

In essence, if you don’t believe that trump won or that horse dewormer cures Covid, you’re going to hell.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/tucker...little-liberal

In which Tucker Carlson continues to be the vanguard of the mainstream extreme right, calling Justice Kavanaugh a "cringing little liberal" for voting with the majority to uphold the vaccine mandate for health care workers.

Remember: Kavanaugh was their own choice, including his love of BEER. HE JUST LIKES BEER. THAT'S NOT A CRIME TO LIKE BEER. EVERYONE LIKES BEER. EVERYONE DRINKS BEER WHILE PLAYING THE DEVIL'S PYRAMID. IT'S A NORMAL GAME.

Seriously, fuck these authoritarian losers.

By that post; isn't he admitting that Jesus is anti-democratic and that by virtue those who follow him do not believe in a democracy?
    To be fair, "democracy" to many of the people in that group seems to just mean "public affirmation of the candidate chosen by the RNC God", so they probably will not see any contradiction there.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...ument-1284867/

Yo, y'all remember that time a Republican Senator was pissed off because he was accusing Fauci of having "big tech" hide his financial disclosures? Which are, you know, public record and actually posted on the NIH website?

The guy that Fauci, caught on a hot mic, called a "moron" under his breath?

He's back with a proposal for the FAUCI Act, which require that his financial records be published...which they already are.

Remember how Republicans have complained about pointless, redundant legislation leading to "BIG GOVERNMENT" and how they want a small government?

I do. You do. We all do. And we all know it was a lie.

Man, imagine being this triggered by someone rightfully calling you a moron. What fuckin diaper wearing poo baby snowflakes.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/s...25921142001665

Add Donnie Jr. to the Republicans who are very unhappy with their SCOTUS Justice.

Apparently Mr. I JUST LIKE BEER, ALRIGHT?! EVERYONE LIKES BEER. BEER BEER BEER, BEER! was "broken" by "the left". Who knew he was such a pathetic wimp? Why'd they nominate such a pathetic wimp?

He's apparently now Roberts, who I guess is a liberal as well, which I'm sure will be news to him.

Man, Republicans/US conservatives truly are impressive in that they consistently engage in bullshit to get exactly what they want - like Kavanaugh on the courts - and then complain and cry about it anyways.

More from DeSantis questioning the "backbone" of Roberts and Kavanaugh - https://floridapolitics.com/archives...e-vax-mandate/

Why are their guys, apparently, such pathetic cucks?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes? Which part of "One god that rules over everything" doesn't scream authoritarianism?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...tor/ar-AAMEVZk

How much longer does Rand Paul get to spew this shit consequence free? It's only a matter of time before someone that doesn't tell a cop they're about to make a hit actually attempts to murder Dr. Fauci or a member of his family. I feel like it's watching a tragedy played out in slow motion.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...tor/ar-AAMEVZk

How much longer does Rand Paul get to spew this shit consequence free? It's only a matter of time before someone that doesn't tell a cop they're about to make a hit actually attempts to murder Dr. Fauci or a member of his family. I feel like it's watching a tragedy played out in slow motion.
    Does this even tie back to Rand Paul though?

I mean I agree, fuck Rand Paul and his dangerous misinformation, but sadly that's protected by the First Amendment. And Paul would hardly be alone in stoking the hate and potential violence against Fauci.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rand Paul is the one sponsoring the bill and is fully aware this event occurred. Media outlets get sued all the time for the same thing and Rand Paul is on record for saying that misinformation is a useful tool. I view it similar to yelling "Fire" in a crowded movie theatre.

Rand Paul is the one sponsoring the bill and is fully aware this event occurred. Media outlets get sued all the time for the same thing and Rand Paul is on record for saying that misinformation is a useful tool. I view it similar to yelling "Fire" in a crowded movie theatre.
    Yeah...but no.

Media outlets rarely get sued over this kind of thing, at least in terms of lawsuits that go literally anywhere. See the continued operation of the entire right-wing media ecosystem which is built on misinformation. Again, sadly, it's very much protected by the First Amendment.

Pauls earlier comments, while surely not surprising and surely speaking to his gross character, have little bearing on this and no real legal consequence.

And the "fire" in a crowded theater example hasn't applied in decades. It was sketchy to begin with given that it was an analogy from a Justice, not a specific court case over that, and Brandenburg partially overturned that verdict and set a new standard that the speech needs to be directed to and likely to incite imminent violence. Which, as we've seen in the Brandenburg case, is a high bar to clear.

Again, not remotely defending Paul here and he can still go fuck a belt sander, but it's beyond unlikely there'd be a case here, especially if crazy homeboy doesn't specifically say Pauls' comments moved him to action...and even if he did that likely still wouldn't be enough on its own.

The First Amendment extends considerable protections to what most of us would call fairly dangerous or beyond gross speech.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...vative-channel

OAN about to see a big dip in viewership come April, their DirecTV contract expires and DirecTV doesn't seem interested in renewing it with OAN or AWE, both of which are owned by the same company.

OAN depends heavily on DirecTV, its largest distributor, to reach its audience. The channel is still carried on Verizon FiOS and smaller pay-TV providers, according to its website. The broadcast can also be streamed via an online-TV service called KlowdTV.
    Considering Verizon FiOS is very limited and that I've never even heard of KlowdTV, I'm wondering how their revenue is gonna look. Unless they can get more megarich conservative donors to let them live off Billionaire Welfare, they may have to start doing more adverts or set up a store to sell prepper gear and shitty health supplements.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's just incredibly depressing. I haven't seen anything yet that ties him in particular to the insurrection events and was hoping that at the very least something might come of this instead. I have seen his opposition to the committee, but nothing like what's going on with McCarthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...ument-1284867/

Yo, y'all remember that time a Republican Senator was pissed off because he was accusing Fauci of having "big tech" hide his financial disclosures? Which are, you know, public record and actually posted on the NIH website?

The guy that Fauci, caught on a hot mic, called a "moron" under his breath?

He's back with a proposal for the FAUCI Act, which require that his financial records be published...which they already are.

Remember how Republicans have complained about pointless, redundant legislation leading to "BIG GOVERNMENT" and how they want a small government?

I do. You do. We all do. And we all know it was a lie.

Man, imagine being this triggered by someone rightfully calling you a moron. What fuckin diaper wearing poo baby snowflakes.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/s...25921142001665

Add Donnie Jr. to the Republicans who are very unhappy with their SCOTUS Justice.

Apparently Mr. I JUST LIKE BEER, ALRIGHT?! EVERYONE LIKES BEER. BEER BEER BEER, BEER! was "broken" by "the left". Who knew he was such a pathetic wimp? Why'd they nominate such a pathetic wimp?

He's apparently now Roberts, who I guess is a liberal as well, which I'm sure will be news to him.

Man, Republicans/US conservatives truly are impressive in that they consistently engage in bullshit to get exactly what they want - like Kavanaugh on the courts - and then complain and cry about it anyways.

More from DeSantis questioning the "backbone" of Roberts and Kavanaugh - https://floridapolitics.com/archives...e-vax-mandate/

Why are their guys, apparently, such pathetic cucks?
    Does this moron have the same energy with Trump hiding his tax returns? Bet he doesn't.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...vative-channel

OAN about to see a big dip in viewership come April, their DirecTV contract expires and DirecTV doesn't seem interested in renewing it with OAN or AWE, both of which are owned by the same company.

Considering Verizon FiOS is very limited and that I've never even heard of KlowdTV, I'm wondering how their revenue is gonna look. Unless they can get more megarich conservative donors to let them live off Billionaire Welfare, they may have to start doing more adverts or set up a store to sell prepper gear and shitty health supplements.
    They'll just go the Alex Jones route and spend half of their shows advertising like they were radio talk show hosts while also showing commercials.

10+ Year Old Account
    OAN about to see a big dip in viewership come April, their DirecTV contract expires and DirecTV doesn't seem interested in renewing it with OAN
    Well someone's going direct to YouTube!

(checks their channel)

What's this? Two videos posted a month ago, then four from seven/eight months ago, then a year plus? Well, shit!

good to see Darren Beattie getting booted. one less open white nationalist knocking about.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    GQP already signaling burning it all down once they take the majority in the House:
    Members of the far right are already agitating to launch impeachment proceedings against President Joe Biden if the GOP is in power in Congress next year. Some leading Republicans want to spotlight former President Donald Trump's false claims of voter fraud. And key House and Senate Republicans are vowing to probe the security failures surrounding last year's January 6 attack on the US Capitol -- and turn the attention to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.
    Rep. James Comer of Kentucky, the top Republican on the House Oversight Committee, said he fully anticipates that Hunter Biden will testify before the committee if Republicans are in charge.
    "We have a lot of questions about where he gets his money, from his artwork, and from his consulting deals," Comer told CNN.
    "There's a larger story to be told about January 6. The House committee's not interested in looking at it. I mean they're not asking what Nancy Pelosi knew, when she knew it," [Senator Ron] Johnson said, even though Pelosi does not oversee the day-to-day operations of the Capitol Police. "So, yeah, I think the American public needs a full accounting."
    "I believe Joe Biden has intentionally done more to harm the country than any president in American history with the border situation," said freshman Rep. Bob Good of Virginia, a member of the hardline House Freedom Caucus. "He deserves to be impeached for that alone, let alone anything else."
    "There'll be a lot of pretty aggressive oversight. Look, there's not been much now. And I get it. There wasn't too much oversight, probably, when Trump was there, and we controlled (the House). That's just a natural rhythm of politics," said Rep. Tom Cole of Oklahoma, the top Republican on the House Rules Committee. "But, yeah, there's going to be a demand for it. My gosh, [the Democrats have] gotten away with murder here."
    Plenty more in here and other articles. Horror show coming soon to your United States.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    GQP already signaling burning it all down once they take the majority in the House:

Plenty more in here and other articles. Horror show coming soon to your United States.
    Not if the Democrats can keep the House. Redistricting is actually favoring Democrats so far, which is nice. Just the other day, for example, the Ohio Supreme Court struck down the Ohio GoP's attempt at a gerrymandered map.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    In other news, new cases reached 827k today, a decrease of 22k from the total reported last Friday. A week from today we'll probably have a much better picture of what's to come.

Deaths were up again at 2303, an increase of 277 over last Friday. The 7-day rate is now 1829, up from the pre-Thanksgiving low of 1047. It seems somewhat likely that we'll surpass the summer high mark of 2023 before we start to see this go back down again, but also unlikely that we'll reach last winter's high mark of 3563.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

For the sake of cheap amusement;

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Not if the Democrats can keep the House. Redistricting is actually favoring Democrats so far, which is nice. Just the other day, for example, the Ohio Supreme Court struck down the Ohio GoP's attempt at a gerrymandered map.
    I hope Illinois state's supreme court let's our gerrymandered map stay. And while that statement might seem like a double standard, I look at it more like, If republicans didn't want to be crapped on endlessly, they simply wouldn't act as they do. So I'll oblige.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Mike Pence equates voting rights protections with Capitol attack

And whyyyy is it a "power grab"? Because every Republican knows that they simply do not get the popular vote, because they're an even shittier political party than anyone can claim Democrats to be. The ability for everyone to easily vote is always detrimental to Republicans.
    Exactly, any attempt to hold fair elections is a power grab because Republicans can't win fair elections.

Funny to see Pence compare voting rights to an assassination attempt against him tho.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death