10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    So what is this fixation on seating jurors who live under stones?
    The only chance they have is to lie so hard that someone who doesn't know anything might be swayed to vote not guilty. Which is sad because you'd think they'd be hoping for a Trumper to tie up the vote. It pretty much speaks volumes of how guilty they know they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    I am not defending the SS agents, they fucked up.
    I could see them being deleted because they used unflattering terms for their protectee as "That fat orange fuck." "That fucking stupid lump." and "What the fuck is that fucking fucking fuck saying? Speak English motherfucker. English."
    The Secret Service should exist to protect the office. Not the man. And if the man is disgracing the office, the Secret Service should be at the forefront of ensuring Congress gets all the information they need.

If they're not, they're acting unethically and corruptly and should probably be disbanded in disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    This being a sort of catch-all thread, I'll drop it here. Just made me giggle.
    They have never tried before, even in their own states, why would they care now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    So what is this fixation on seating jurors who live under stones?
    The Templar had it right. Any sane, reasonable, logical person who knows about the Jan 6th murderous insurrection has enough objective facts to know it was a crime. Bannon knows he helped make it happen. His only hope is to flee the country, but he's also a racist which narrows down his options to basically just Russia. So he's going with "find people too stupid to see the sky is blue" so those defenses he's been flinging at the wall -- well, those the court hasn't ruled out -- might Chewbacca him to at least a mistrial.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not defending the SS agents, they fucked up.
    I could see them being deleted because they used unflattering terms for their protectee as "That fat orange fuck." "That fucking stupid lump." and "What the fuck is that fucking fucking fuck saying? Speak English motherfucker. English."
    Yes, but if one of them said "do you know what that fat orange fuck did?" then they become a witness.

- - - Updated - - -

WaPo OP ED but as many, it has links to objective facts and then analysis of it.

“What Trump’s gonna do is just declare victory,” said Stephen K. Bannon. “Right? He’s gonna declare victory. But that doesn’t mean he’s a winner. He’s just gonna say he’s a winner.”

Bannon, who played a key command center role on Jan. 6, 2021, said this to a group of associates on Oct. 31, 2020, according to audio obtained by Mother Jones. A few days later, President Donald Trump actually did this: He declared victory prematurely on election night, kicking off a months-long effort to cling to power illegitimately, culminating in the attack on the Capitol.

Many have noted that the audio confirms Trump intended to cast doubt on the outcome no matter what happened with the voting. Bannon says on the audio that this would cause a “firestorm,” which presumably would lay the groundwork for the next stage: months of corrupt scheming to reverse the results.

On the audio, Bannon essentially gave away a crucial piece of Trump’s whole corrupt scheme. But not in the way it first appears. Bannon has now opened the door to a host of new inquiries centered on this question: How premeditated a part of the coup plot was a premature declaration of victory from Trump?
    Bannon has confirmed the audio. At this point, he's got a real problem -- hence the nonsensical defenses, probably filed while sobbing hysterically. Not only is there objective, and now admitted, proof that he was part of a federal fraud scheme, he could also be a direct link to Trump on the matter.

Trump and Bannon's relationship has been nonstandard, by Trump definitions. Trump fired Bannon years before and was desperate enough to bring him back. Look back at Trump's history, "prodigal son" is rare. Well, except for Kushner. Bannon was faced with a nearly insurmountable task: get Trump, who was losing, a win, without the votes to win. It was the only way back into Trump's good graces. Breitbart had lost 75% of its viewers by then.

The long odds he faced left him with only one sane choice: stay a law-abiding citizen and admit he couldn't do it. Bannon didn't take that route. So he helped Eastman and others of Team Trump and orchestrated an attempt to have the person who got fewer votes to hold power through fraud and violence.

He should have run. Russia wasn't that bad...yet.

Love it! Be more of a piece of feces, Donald.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The Secret Service should exist to protect the office. Not the man. And if the man is disgracing the office, the Secret Service should be at the forefront of ensuring Congress gets all the information they need.

If they're not, they're acting unethically and corruptly and should probably be disbanded in disgrace.
    Well I posted in other thread, we always get some bleed over.

(Puts on tinfoil hat). Yes the Secret Service may have a loyalty problem and possibly agents were handpicked as Trump loyalist. So the sorta incorrect abbreviation of SS as a personal bodyguard unit to a fascist President might be appropiate. I wouldn't be surprised that Trump fished or SS agents came forward who swore loyalty to his fascist movement.

The only benefit of the doubt I give is Tony Onoto, who was an SS agent, then Trump appointee and then back to SS, around the time of Jan 6th(?). That itself is suspicious. So it might be a top down operation with unwillingly people, or a few who again are with the fascist movement.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

This being a sort of catch-all thread, I'll drop it here. Just made me giggle.
    Just like when Abbot said he could end all rape.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Ya'll remember how Matt Gaetz was supposed to go to jail for statutory rape?

When Gaetz goes to jail, I'll actually believe Garland is capable of prosecuting anyone else. People died on January 6. This commission has given the DoJ enough evidence to indict half of the Trump administration on everything from treason to conspiracy to commit murder.

The entire Democratic platform now has been reduced to "We aren't fascist, we're just fascist enablers, vote for us, it's still better than the fascists."

At this point I have so little respect left for everyone in the Biden administration that I'd struggle not to spit right into their faces if I ever crossed path with any of them.

What dependency on fossil fuel looks like.

Biden is begging Saudi Arabia to increase oil production. They have said "no" so far. What can you do?

Edit: Whoops! Thought this was Biden Thread when I posted. Meh
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2022-07-15 at 11:43 PM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

Biden is begging Saudi Arabia to increase oil production. They have said "no" so far. What can you do?
    We could do all sorts of things instead of begging them for help.

Like "Increase oil production or NATO might have to reconsider all future weapon sales, security collaboration and we might have to cozy up to Iran." Unfortunately our Congress has been sold wholesale to Israel and Saudi Arabia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    I, too, remember when Trump begged the Saudis to increase oil production. Hell, he was basically selling off public land to oil drills every second he was in office.

Even to this day, Team Trump is fighting for oil, criticizing Biden's refusal to sell more leases while existing leases aren't being used. They're fighting for every single drop, even the drops the American people have proven they don't need or want. Which admittedly isn't much.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay so as I mentioned before, Musk was due to buy Twitter by October, he's bailing, and Twitter is suing in September.

Musk is trying to push back to February.

Considering the lawsuit by Twitter is at least trying to enforce the purchase, I don't see why a delay would be granted. Remember all those Trump lawsuits that got tossed Jan 7th? If October comes and Musk hasn't either bought Twitter or paid them off, he'll be in court anyhow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    https://twitter.com/mitchellreports/...5Es1_&ref_url=

Trump is FUNDRAISING off of his dead ex-wife.
    The only surprise is it took this long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

He was fundraising off her death within the same post he announced on Truth Social that she died.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    Trump is FUNDRAISING off of his dead ex-wife.
    It didn't. Oh, I'm not blaming you for posting. It's 100% news about the shitty human-shaped life form that Trump is. But you were second to the punch.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    He was fundraising off her death within the same post he announced on Truth Social that she died.
    Yeah, he was doing this yesterday. Trump is a sociopath, and Ivana never once campaigned for him. The closest they got was both trying to protect their mutual divorce records from people wanting to see Trump's taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It didn't. Oh, I'm not blaming you for posting. It's 100% news about the shitty human-shaped life form that Trump is. But you were second to the punch.

Yeah, he was doing this yesterday. Trump is a sociopath, and Ivana never once campaigned for him. The closest they got was both trying to protect their mutual divorce records from people wanting to see Trump's taxes.
    The only reason it was mutual, was because Trump was going to give her millions to keep quiet about the rape and assault of her by pulling her hair out of her scalp. Trump gave her more after she was going to speak about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    We'll find out. Deleted texts have been subpoena'd.

The White House has scrapped President Joe Biden's plans to nominate an anti-abortion Republican as a federal judge in Kentucky, citing opposition to the nomination from Kentucky Republican Sen. Rand Paul https://t.co/N9yORVQ6a1
    https://twitter.com/CNN/status/15482...SXRjQKsIg&s=19

Some irony that the other Kentucky Senator torpedoes McConnell's handpicked candidate.

Ih btw if some bizarre way you think this saves feckless Biden. I believe the deal is still on and Biden will deliver a conservative judge to McConnell.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

Yeah, he was doing this yesterday. Trump is a sociopath, and Ivana never once campaigned for him.
    You sure about this? I can swear I read a news article yesterday that said she was an advisor for his campaign.

*edit* yup, she was behind most of his infamous tweets. Don't feel bad for this woman, she's as bad as the rest of the deplorables.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/people....cy/%3famp=true
    Last edited by bladeXcrasher; 2022-07-16 at 12:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    You sure about this? I can swear I read a news article yesterday that said she was an advisor for his campaign.

*edit* yup, she was behind most of his infamous tweets. Don't feel bad for this woman, she's as bad as the rest of the deplorables.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/people....cy/%3famp=true
    I'm sure she was greeted by Rush who told her "Don't worry, it's a dry heat."
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    You sure about this?
    Moderately. Her interviews at the time were not especially flattering. And the breakup wasn't exactly kind -- she showed up in a movie to mock him. I don't 100% trust my memory of every article of 2016, but, I don't think Ivana showed up at any Trump rallies, appeared in any Trump ads, or was a member of his campaign.

But if an actual journalist says she was, that overrules me. It's not like I'm a professional.

On topic: Prosecutor Warns Georgia Officials They May Face Charges in Trump Inquiry

"Wait, Raffensberger?"

No, the criminals, not the victims.

The breadth, speed and seriousness of the criminal investigation into election meddling by former Trump and his associates in Georgia were underscored on Friday by the revelation that two pro-Trump state senators and the chair of the state Republican Party were sent letters by an Atlanta prosecutor informing them they could be indicted, according to a person familiar with the inquiry.

The Fulton County prosecutor, Fani T. Willis, is also weighing whether to subpoena Mr. Trump himself and seek his testimony before a grand jury, just days after she subpoenaed seven of his advisers, including Rudolph W. Giuliani and Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, in an investigation into efforts to overturn Mr. Trump’s 2020 election loss in Georgia. The special grand jury is looking into a range of potentially criminal acts, including the selection of a slate of pro-Trump electors in the weeks after the election and Mr. Trump’s now-famous call to Brad Raffensperger, the Georgia secretary of state, asking him to “find” nearly 12,000 votes that would reverse his loss there.

The potential exposure of the Republican officials could have serious ramifications in Georgia’s November elections, where Mr. Jones is the Republican nominee for lieutenant governor. On Friday, his Democratic opponent, Charlie Bailey, released a statement accusing Mr. Jones of being “anti-American and unpatriotic” for taking part in a “failed attempted overthrow of the American government.”

Mr. Shafer’s fealty to Mr. Trump and his baseless claims of a stolen election have put him at odds with Gov. Brian Kemp, a Republican, as well as Mr. Raffensperger, creating an unusual schism within the state Republican Party. Both Mr. Kemp and Mr. Raffensperger easily defeated Trump-backed primary challengers this year.

(The rest of the article is mostly history we already know)
    To paraphrase one of our own, this is the step beyond "Give us the gate key" and "Fezzik, tear his arms off". I don't see how anyone that gets as far as state senator could be ignorant of perjury, even the GOP in the South. Once you're handed a letter which calls it out, that removes all doubt. We've talked about when you bring charges against a high-profile defendant, and now, we're seeing that. I've also expressed doubt that anyone would go on the record saying "I said A, not B" when there's a witness saying "He totally said B, I taped it, here you go". Anyone who pushed a Georgia (or other) official in power to find votes they knew didn't exist is going to jail. They know that. Therefore, these people have a limited time to find a believable story to explain why they thought 12,000-ish votes for Trump existed, but hadn't been counted.

And it had better be a good one.

Some legal observers have argued that Mr. Trump’s actions, including his postelection phone calls to Georgia officials like Mr. Raffensperger, put him at risk of being indicted on charges of violating relatively straightforward Georgia criminal statutes, including criminal solicitation to commit election fraud. Ms. Willis, in court filings, has indicated that a number of other charges are possible, including racketeering and conspiracy, which could take in a broad roster of pro-Trump associates both inside and outside of Georgia.

“I do believe that the great likelihood is that he’s heading towards an indictment,” said Norman Eisen, who served as special counsel to the House Judiciary Committee during the first Trump impeachment, and who co-wrote a lengthy examination of the Georgia case by the Brookings Institution. Among other things, he said, “there is powerful proof of violations of Georgia law in the form of the smoking gun tape of him demanding 11,780 votes, when it is perfectly clear from that tape that he knows those votes do not exist.”
    For anyone that isn't Trump, it's time to make a choice.
    1) Stay on the sinking ship.
    2) Accept a plea deal and get on the lifeboat.
    3) Hope they can walk on water.

- - - Updated - - -

In a rare article @Edge- missed, yet another Trump ally has been caught committing election fraud, or close enough.

1) He tried to run for governor of NY as a third-party candidate.
    2) He needed 45,000 signatures, he got 52,000 but 13,000 of them were invalid.
    3) Of those 13,000 invalid signatures 11,000 of them were photocopies.

These are eye-popping, confirmed details of wide-spread wrongdoing, which must be understood and addressed on behalf of the legal voters who live in those states.

This is so much bigger than this year's presidential race. Election laws and state constitutions were blatantly ignored by certain officials to tilt an election in a different direction. That can't even honestly be disputed.
    -- the candidate, Dec 11 2020

Right now, I am not going to dwell on any doubt, but to recommit to working towards a vigorous defense of lady liberty at all costs, and the pursuit of unity whenever possible.

For this moment, let's take one collective deep breath, recharge and renew our spirit for whatever lies ahead. We are all Americans.
    -- the same candidate, Jan 10 2021, after Trump sent people to kill him

Oh right, he's Rep. Zeldin, he was in the Capitol during the murderous insurrection. Did I mention that? I probably should have mentioned that sooner.

Rep. Zeldin might have said some things about pandemic votes etc. but he sent out the wrong election date in both 2018 and 2016, so his protests ring as hollow. He's proven three times now he can't handle a fair election correctly. His claims about voter fraud were, of course, summarily disproven, then Trump tried to kill him for it.