Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's all about "them".

And you should take D'Souza about as seriously as you take this movie, because he's less believable than this.
    Them is genuinely a super fun watch for anyone that hasn't seen it and likes campy older movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Them is genuinely a super fun watch for anyone that hasn't seen it and likes campy older movies.
    A shame MST3k never covered it proper.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/25/polit...tee/index.html

Ignore that this is Chris Cillizza, I have zero interest in his takes on this topic beyond being a single place to find all her comments.

Kinda love it, and it's a great way to trigger a group that's absolutely obsessed with at least appearing strong and manly. Wonder if Trump's gonna get "cucked" by his lawyers and not testify : 3

Edit: And also - https://cellularnews.com/mobile-phon...-is-it-a-hoax/

Nobody noticed but Freedom Phones have been released. Apparently...yeah, it's absolutely not $500 worth of hardware because it's actually just a rebranded $120 phone made in China.

Is it a phone? Yes! Does it make calls and text and connect to the internet? Yes! But that's about where things fall off a cliff and it becomes clear that there's no actual value proposition to the phone outside of something you can virtue signal with. It's got some open source apps you can get on other phones and...uh...it's called Freedom Phone!

I wonder if anyone bought them?

https://www.techdirt.com/2022/10/25/...rebranded-att/

Because they might be able to use it on the new PureTalk mobile network that conservatives are moving over to so they can get away from "Woke AT&T who own CNN!" (they haven't owned CNN for a while).

Fun fact though!

They're still paying AT&T on the network they switched to so they could stop paying AT&T.

It's like the theory of the universe where we're on the back of a turtle, that's standing on the back of another turtle, and it's turtles all the way down. Except it's grifters all the way down.
    I love when people claim they are going to stop using AT&T, T Mobile, Verizon or US Cellular stating "We are going to stick it to big tech!" while still using ANY mobile service. All mobile services go through those 4. You cannot use a cell phone in the US without going through any of those networks. And US Cellular is regional so unless you live in that area, all you have is 3 networks to connect to.

- - - Updated - - -

So, Trump is raging because Bob Woodward released his tapes with the interviews with Trump on it. Reason? Because since they had his voice, he is claiming ownership of them.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...3c25335ed2efdf

Trump LOSES It On Bob Woodward For Releasing Tapes of Their Interviews: He ‘Had NO Right to Use My VOICE’

Former President Donald Trump lashed out at legendary journalist and author Bob Woodward for releasing over 8 hours of raw audio from 20 interviews for Woodward’s audiobook.

Woodward has been making the rounds in support of his audiobook The Trump Tapes, and defending his decision to release the recordings of the interviews he conducted between 2016 and 2020.

On Tuesday, Trump lashed out at Woodward via his social media platform, and claimed Woodward and his publisher did not have the right to use the tapes or “my ‘VOICE'”:

As he fully understands, writer Bob Woodward never got my permission to release tapes of my various interviews with him. Those tapes were allowed only for purposes of making sure that he got my quotes & statements correct for “the WRITTEN WORD,” in other words, for his, nevertheless, highly inaccurate book. The tapes are much better than the book, at least if they were not bludgeoned to death by him to make me look as bad as possible, but he & his publisher had NO right to use my “VOICE” or them!
    Trump’s attack came minutes after an op-ed by George Packer was published by The Atlantic that criticized the media for not ignoring Trump, and which included a passage on Woodward’s use of Trump’s voice:

But Woodward has taken this unprecedented step in his new audiobook because Woodward’s The Trump Tapes is “central to understanding Trump as he is poised to seek the presidency again,” Woodward explains in the Post essay adapted from Woodward’s The Trump Tapes. “You cannot separate Trump from his voice,” Woodward explains. “Trump’s voice magnifies his presence.”
    That could explain Trump’s use of quotation marks around the word “voice,” as well as the timing of the post — two days after Woodward’s essay in The Washington Post defending the tapes and several hours after the book’s official release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    So, Trump is raging because Bob Woodward released his tapes with the interviews with Trump on it. Reason? Because since they had his voice, he is claiming ownership of them.
    If Trump really believed that, he would sue, and present the contract he signed with Woodward.

...yeah Woodward's been writing since Watergate. He knows what he's doing in investigative reporting. I somehow doubt that, in his fifty years of groundbreaking work, only Trump, famous for losing more law cases than I've had hot meals, found the very simple law that Woodward broke.

If he's serious, he can say it under oath. Trump has long since forfeit the right to be taken seriously when he's not on the stand, but just to be clear, I'm referring to his claims the Mar-a-Lago documents were declassified and also planted by the FBi, something his lawyers have refused to say on his behalf after watching what happened to Bobb.

- - - Updated - - -

WaPo reports that Operation Overwatch, basically led by Steve Bannon, is preparing to just destroy the upcoming election by

We’re going to be there and enforce those rules, and we’ll challenge any vote, any ballot, and you’re going to have to live with it, OK?
    The idea is to flood polling places with people, who happen to all be Trump supporters of course, challenging any ballot they think is illegal.

"How would they know? They can't see the ballot. And it's not likely they have the voter registry...wait, are they allowed to have that?"

We both know what this means: they'll be challenging any vote they suspect isn't for Trump. Yes, it's going to be super racist.

The idea, of course, is to cause enough chaos and confusion that they can claim the election is rigged -- yes, they'll say that despite doing the rigging -- as well as chasing people away from poll lines. If they disrupt the election enough, they'll then push for Trump to just be named the winner.

"Trump isn't running."

I've seen the debates. Yes, he is. There are dozens of Trumps running.

Honestly, I would have a bunch of people come out in force and challenge any ballet of their supporters. Literally stall the election outright. Play their game by their rules and beat them at it. Yes, it is childish. Yes, it is stupid. Those idiots won't learn regardless but if a lot of their ballots get challenged(and in some districts, it is unlimited challenges by a person), maybe a bunch will get thrown out because, as we have seen, the vast majority of people that actually tried to cheat were voting for GOP anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump and his lawyers have until November to 4 to turn over documents sought in the subpoena and until November 14 to testify at a deposition.

Trump did not flee from the subpoena. Maybe because he saw it didn't work in other cases. Maybe because he's too fat to run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hershel Walker has proved once again he is a massive hyprocite. He paid for an abortion back in 1993

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...box=1666799718

Trump only picks the best people
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenris View Post
    Hershel Walker has proved once again he is a massive hyprocite. He paid for an abortion back in 1993
    Yeah, we already knew that.

Another woman has claimed that--
    Whoa, my bad, it's a second woman. Well, shit!

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Yeah, we already knew that.

Whoa, my bad, it's a second woman. Well, shit!
    Isn't this actually the third?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    I mean, at this point, I'd believe that. Trump and Gingrich each had 3 wives they've cheated on, Walker might be trying to keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    No, this is the second woman who claims he was supportive of the decision and actively participated in it. There are just like 3-4 other women who he has children with, too.

He's spreading his seed widely before/during marriage (not sure which), which I guess is a good Family Value(TM).

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2212422.html

Very bad news for Cybertrump 2077: Apparently he's getting let out of Twitter jail on Monday.

If he gets back on the platform where he has more followers, even if many/most are bots, does anyone really think he'll continue "wasting time" with Truth Social? I don't think so.

Poor Devin Nunes about to be unemployed, methinks. And unlike the newly unemployed former CEO and CFO's of Twitter, I don't think he's leaving the company with a massive paycheck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently he's getting let out of Twitter jail on Monday.
    Fuck Twitter for being so money-hungry and/or spineless. Giving him his platform back for the election? Might as well not bothered banning him at all.

Fuck Twitter for being so money-hungry and/or spineless. Giving him his platform back for the election? Might as well not bothered banning him at all.
    I think in this event we can assign blame more specifically than "Twitter".

I can't wait for Trump to immediately go off the rails again, Elon refusing to ban him because "any publicity is good publicity" and then discover why companies are so eager to regulate themselves, as the government (more likely EU then US) steps in and forces regulations on Twitter that are a lot more work for them then they are ok with.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I can't wait for Trump to immediately go off the rails again, Elon refusing to ban him because "any publicity is good publicity" and then discover why companies are so eager to regulate themselves, as the government (more likely EU then US) steps in and forces regulations on Twitter that are a lot more work for them then they are ok with.
    One can only hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait for his first oral bowel movements on Twatter. Especially with his depositions coming up. Specifically the ones before his deposition.
    "You said X, is that true? Reminder you are under oath."
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    I can't wait for his first oral bowel movements on Twatter. Especially with his depositions coming up. Specifically the ones before his deposition.
    "You said X, is that true? Reminder you are under oath."
    Trump is going to set records with the amount of time is going to take the 5th during that deposition.
    But remember, only guilty people and mobsters plead the 5th.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I think in this event we can assign blame more specifically than "Twitter".
    Yeah, I guess.

Well, I'm sure Musk will find this $44 billion worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

DWAC stock price drops 10% the second the markets open.

"Hey you posted at 9:59, the markets aren't open yet!"

Wait for it....

UPDATE: Actually it only fell 4%.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2022-10-28 at 02:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump and his lawyers have until November to 4 to turn over documents sought in the subpoena and until November 14 to testify at a deposition.

Trump did not flee from the subpoena. Maybe because he saw it didn't work in other cases. Maybe because he's too fat to run.
    Melania ain't willing to stall them at the front door, then get the car running so Trump can get in afterward. ala Texas AG Paxton

- - - Updated - - -

No, this is the second woman who claims he was supportive of the decision and actively participated in it. There are just like 3-4 other women who he has children with, too.

He's spreading his seed widely before/during marriage (not sure which), which I guess is a good Family Value(TM).

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2212422.html

Very bad news for Cybertrump 2077: Apparently he's getting let out of Twitter jail on Monday.

If he gets back on the platform where he has more followers, even if many/most are bots, does anyone really think he'll continue "wasting time" with Truth Social? I don't think so.

Poor Devin Nunes about to be unemployed, methinks. And unlike the newly unemployed former CEO and CFO's of Twitter, I don't think he's leaving the company with a massive paycheck.
    a side of me hopes there is some clause that would force Trump to stay on TS or pay a penalty to the share holders, but that's probably to much to ask.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Jan 6th committee has moved onto the Secret Service, because the SS has answers about what Trump knew and what Trump did.

Not only do they have a million fucking pages of emails, texts, and department reports, they also have a variety of witnesses. These include: Kimberly Cheatle, the current head of the department and also the at-the-time head of protection detail and therefore was the commanding officer during Jan 6th itself; Anthony Guglielmi, who Biden hired to look into those missing texts and investigate the SS's response; Timothy Giebels, who was at the time head of Pence's detail and therefore has second-by-second info about what Pence was doing; and Trump's driver, whose name CNN says is unknown.

We've already heard that Trump fought, in one case physically trying to grab the wheel of the car--

"Whoa whoa whoa, I thought that was discredited."

Um, no.

Committee member Rep. Adam Kinzinger told CNN in September that members of the panel believe Ornato was personally involved in efforts to discredit Hutchinson’s testimony while he was still at the agency, and said unnamed Secret Service officials and others simply adopted his side of the story.

“I just think it’s so important to keep in mind that, through quote, anonymous sources, which we believe to be actually Tony Ornato himself, he pushed back against Cassidy Hutchinson’s testimony and said, it’s just not true and Tony will testify under oath,” he told CNN. “And then of course, has not come in to testify under oath.”
    Ornato was head of the SS and briefly Trump's deputy chief of staff. Hutchinson testified under oath, Ornato has not. When he and/or other SS agents take the stand, we can have this discussion. Until then, Hutchinson wins.

Anyhow, Trump tried to go to the Capitol with the rest of his murderous insurrectionists. The SS could give better details. CNN also reports that the SS received information about credible threats to Pence--

"How do we know they're credible?"

Because Jan 6th happened, dumbass. It's like the 9/11 committee asking about W being briefed on planes flying into buildings.

"Okay, but I meant, how would they have known at the time?''

We've covered that ground, too.

The documents tell us that federal law enforcement agencies were meeting regularly in the days leading up to January 6 and that intelligence was moving between agencies. The Secret Service documents indicate a summary of reporting from the FBI based on coordination briefings that occurred every two hours between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. on the night before the protest that would become an insurrection.

One summary of FBI intelligence from January 5 reads: “Right wing groups responding from across the nation and establishing ‘quick reaction forces’ in Virginia. Standing by at the ready should POTUS request assistance.”

The summary indicated that the FBI was tracking 52 threat reports coming in from field offices across the country.

There was also information provided to the Secret Service by the US Marshals Service from a post from 9 a.m. on January 6 on Parler, the online social site which is popular with conservatives: “Now you got weapons I came packing got my dc carry permit in November,” writes a Trump supporter. “I’m here for justice bang bang. F—k Pence sellout traitor we better see him coming out that building in handcuffs or were going in.”

Another post two days earlier in the same app predicts, “It’s gonna get violent as we charge the federal buildings and drag out corrupt politicians dead or alive!”
    Anyhow, it seems to be the case that Pence was never briefed on those threats. Considering some of the other texts and communications sent, that's a giant red flag.

On January 6, one Secret Service agent texted at 12:36 p.m., according to a message revealed during the committee’s recent hearing, “With so many weapons found so far; you wonder how many are unknown. Could be sporty after dark.”

Another agent responded minutes later, “No doubt. The people at the Ellipse said they are moving to the Capitol after the POTUS speech.”
    There aren't a lot of options here. The SS was either incompetent, or complicit. Considering they were led by a Trump cultist and Pence was never warned, I know where I stand. If those orders came from the WH, then people need to be arrested for that.