Its incredibly funny that Trump's lawyers basically recorded themselves describing the crime they helped him commit

"Narrative tone as if it had been ripped from a novel"

I love this guy

10+ Year Old Account
    I know it's weird, but I am wondering if this guy was going to hide all these documents, of all places why his bathroom and Mar a Lago. I mean why not is plane or something, that could easily be hidden or moved or something.

Like I really would for curiosity sake like to know the conversation that went on between those that knew he had all this shit. Like would anyone even sort of clue him in to how much of a bruising he was cruising for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Maybe. She already got slapped down once for her BS. We shall see what happens again.
    We shall see, I don't see that happening, My guess is she is going to be Trumps Ace in the hole, although I am not exactly sure how effective she is going to be except as sentencing. Even then not sure what kind of punishment over all he is actually facing as opposed to what he COULD get.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/XS5LK.gif

Best part is, that dumbass kid had like an entire squad descend on his house with helicopters and armored vehicles. They treat someone like Trump with kid gloves and the lunatics in his base still screech about abuses of power and tyranny...while they rally behind a demonstrable criminal.
    Well yes, because any punishment whatsoever is too much. Trump must clearly be allowed to continue breaking rules, laws, and the country itself or else you're a fascist! How dare anyone prevent him from doing whatever he wants, no matter who it hurts?!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    I know it's weird, but I am wondering if this guy was going to hide all these documents, of all places why his bathroom and Mar a Lago. I mean why not is plane or something, that could easily be hidden or moved or something.

Hubris.

Like I really would for curiosity sake like to know the conversation that went on between those that knew he had all this shit. Like would anyone even sort of clue him in to how much of a bruising he was cruising for.
    Trump spends a lot of time in bathrooms that's where he did most of his tweet rants so think of it as his second office.

15+ Year Old Account

2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I still cannot fathom how people lap this stuff up. It's just a giant manchild having a long cry about stuff.
    Cultists. The Republican party in particular has a audience fairly primed for this exact kind of cultlike behavior.

And she'll be the VP pick.
    *Kari Lake walking dejectedly along a deserted road with the end theme music from the Hulk tv show playing*

10+ Year Old Account
    I still cannot fathom how people lap this stuff up.
    I grew up in a Republican household. The Democrats are evil and corrupt, that's what I learned during my formative years. The worst Republican is always better than the best Democrat because being a Republican is what's important. It took me years to shake off that conditioning.
    I personally believe that the majority of Trump voters don't actually like him. They just believe that no matter what Trump may have done, the Democrats are worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    *Kari Lake walking dejectedly along a deserted road with the end theme music from the Hulk tv show playing*
    And she can keep on walking, right into the Arizona desert, get heatstroke, die, and leave her corpse behind for coyotes to scavenge.
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Karreck View Post
    I grew up in a Republican household. The Democrats are evil and corrupt, that's what I learned during my formative years. The worst Republican is always better than the best Democrat because being a Republican is what's important. It took me years to shake off that conditioning.
    I personally believe that the majority of Trump voters don't actually like him. They just believe that no matter what Trump may have done, the Democrats are worse.

And she can keep on walking, right into the Arizona desert, get heatstroke, die, and leave her corpse behind for coyotes to scavenge.
    Those poor coyotes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know it's weird, but I am wondering if this guy was going to hide all these documents, of all places why his bathroom and Mar a Lago.
    Somehow, Trump managed to get the FBI to only search a few rooms. I'm still curious how that worked, but at the same time, if Trump said "we gave you everything, and everything else is in these few rooms" the FBI could have just let that play out. "Sure, Mr. Trump, whatever you say."

Nauta moving everything to other rooms and/or buildings clearly didn't work enough. He and Trump got caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Wrong music.

She picked American Woman, the Kravitz version.

No really, here's the video.

"Um...it's been a while since I've heard the song, but...I don't remember it being really pro-American woman."

It is not. Lake very likely picked it for the title and forgot the lyrics are these:

American woman, stay away from me
    American woman, mama, let me be

Don't come hanging around my door
    I don't want to see your face no more
    I got more important things to do
    Than spend my time growing old with you
    Obliviously it goes on, sorry, obviously it goes on, but at no point did Kravitz declare any kind of desire or even neutrality for the American Woman. And that's pretty significant, did you see the video?

(Or the origial either, written in 1970 by Canadians, in case you're wondering)

Of course, Lake is also quoted as saying "You will not lay a finger on Trump" 24 hours ago, and "If you want to get to Trump, you're going to have to go through me, and 75 million Americans just like me. And most of us are card-carrying members of the NRA. That's not a threat, that's a public service announcement. We will not let you lay a finger on Trump. Frankly, now is the time to cling to our guns and our religion." about the same time...same event, I think?

"So, that sounds like direct support of violence there. She didn't say 2nd Amendment, which at least would make sense based on 'insurrection' calls we've been Levin about. She said NRA."

I do wonder how many of those 75 million Trump voters would, in fact, get a gun and get between Trump and law enforcement. He's due at court Tuesday, isn't he? I'm going to bet "zero". Let's see how it plays out.

"Which religion is she talking about that advocates getting between a criminal and the police and using violence?"

None, I think. Certainly not any form of Christianity, nor any form of the major ones I can think of. And before anyone says anything, Jesus surrendered willingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Wrong music.
    Nah, I know how she thinks she appears (even if, as you point out, she doesn't understand lyrics), but mine was way closer to reality--or will be once she realizes she's likely not on his radar.

I do wonder how many of those 75 million Trump voters would, in fact, get a gun and get between Trump and law enforcement. He's due at court Tuesday, isn't he? I'm going to bet "zero".
    I won't say zero, because if there's one thing Trump supporters have in spades it's bad judgement, but I'd say between zero and, say, five.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong music.
    Well if she's trying to emulate Trump then I'd say picking a song without a single clue as to its content because the title sounds superficially patriotic is right in line with Trump picking songs like "Fortunate son" (about how poor people are forced to go to war for the rich and entitled) and "keep on rocking in the free world" (about the failures of American society for its struggling) along his campaign trial. (and I'm going to also guess that, like Trump with CCR and Young, Lake did this without Kravitz' permission)

Which are then emulated by their supporters, like all those MAGA morons dancing to "killing in the name" not understanding that it excoriates the exact power structure they applaud, so much so that Tom Morello had to tell them all what idiots they were being.

Listening has never been these people's strong suit. Maybe if they did that more they'd understand that the last 50 years of American music outside of bro-country has nothing but disdain for them.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2023-06-10 at 11:19 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Should I start listing the crimes federal and state that Trump has gotten off with a light sentence with? The guy has been getting off light his whole life now he is a former president and most likely the nominee with the full backing of the RNC that will run interference and a judicial system full of unqualified judges he gave lifelong appointments to.

I mean for fuck sake he tried to overthrow an election and still doing it in plain sight. I don't know what the people who think this will finally do it for Trump are smoking.
    He hasn't gotten off for anything yet, as he hasn't personally been in criminal court yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Which are then emulated by their supporters, like all those MAGA morons dancing to "killing in the name" not understanding that it excoriates the exact power structure they applaud, so much so that Tom Morello had to tell them all what idiots they were being.
    The MAGAts all making a surprised Pikachu face when they found out Rage Against the Machine was political was fucking funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    The MAGAts all making a surprised Pikachu face when they found out Rage Against the Machine was political was fucking funny.
    I think they also told Tom Morello to stick to music because obviously he knew nothing about politics, only for him to politely remind them that he has a degree in political science from fucking Harvard.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Kari Lake fires up Georgia crowd by saying Republicans have guns – and Trump's back
    Lake said Trump's 75 million supporters would defend him, and most are "card-carrying NRA members."
    "That's not a threat. That's a public service announcement," she said to a standing ovation.
    Your country is so fucked. I am so sorry for you sane ones.This will not get better for a very long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    Your country is so fucked.
    Well, yes.

But not for that. To expand on my earlier comments:
    1) Lake wasn't popular enough to win, so, her comments are demonstrably not the majority -- although a larger minority than either of us is comfortable with
    2) We saw Trump's best attempt at keeping him in power and it failed, leading to 1,000 arrests and two of their own being shot in the face.
    3) Big words from Lake who wasn't at Jan 6th, and won't be at Trump's court hearing, either. Hey, if she feels that strongly to pick up a gun and get in the way of law enforcement, I hope it's on camera. I want to see that mascara flooding off her face as she's dragged weeping and bawling into a squad car. But, she's more of a coward than even tehdang is. She wants Trump protected, but her loud mouth hasn't worked for her yet.

- - - Updated - - -

What a difference a few years make.

The ridiculous and baseless indictment of me by the Biden administration’s weaponized ‘department of injustice’ will go down as among the most horrific abuses of power in the history of our country/
    -- Trump, today

If I win, I am going to instruct my attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation, because there has never been so many lies, so much deception.
    -- Trump, to Clinton, Oct 10 2016 debate

"Is he a hypocrite if he was lying? He never did instruct any of his AGs to do this."

First, yes, he's a hypocrite for saying it's good when he does it and bad when someone else does it. The fact that he was lying, incompetent, or forgot doesn't enter into it.

Second, can we be sure? He may have instructed his AG(s) to do it and they just didn't. Or, they didn't and told him they were working on it until someone found a set of keys to dangle. Or, they did but never found anything because, gasp, it wasn't a crime.

It's the perfect hiding spot. Who would willingly enter a room where Trump regularly shits?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastard View Post
    It's the perfect hiding spot. Who would willingly enter a room where Trump regularly shits?
    Good point.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis