Another thing that came out, the judge warned the jury it would be a wise thing to never admit to having been on the jury and to remain anonymous.

Gee, I wonder why that would be?

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean, we know from various trials over Trump's financials that he might not even be a billionaire, and simply believes the Trump brand itself has an intrinsic value of billions. I seem to recall he only has a few hundred million in assets? Which don't get me wrong, is quite a lot, but not the billions he's always bragged about.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Well, he lasted all of 20 minutes before going on trooth and whining about the verdict, calling it a witch hunt, etc.

I love this part though;
    Nah, my favorite part is this:

And he reiterates what he muttered under his breath in court on Thursday, saying "this is not America".
    Says the man who is in court so often he should have a frequent visitor card. He should be used to losing in court. Hell, that is all he does is lose.

BTW Trump, that is America, land of opportunity. Meaning that if fuck around, you might get sued and find out what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Hell, that is all he does is lose.
    He got tired of winning so quickly.

15+ Year Old Account
    So has anyone reported on the E Jean Carroll verdict?

$83.3M

That's a lot of zeroes.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Every law expert in the country is being interviewed right now.

I teach law students this would be class 101 what you should never do in a classroom because she's also in a sense dirtying herself in terms of credibility vis-a-vis, the jury.

The judge is probably the most credible person in the jury's eyes. The jury doesn't just have a relationship with the two lawyers but it's also the judge. He's the trusted source.

For him to tell her, 'You keep violating this!' and also 'Making false statements I have to correct' on her closing argument which is little unusual — I think that's not good news trying to serve her client because the jury is seeing all of that happen.
    -- Former special counsel to the general counsel of the Department of Defense and NYU law professor Ryan Goodman

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Oof, that's a lot of liquid cash.
    If it's true that means that he had to put up 5m for this case which is now no longer his. Even if he takes a while to pay up the rest, that's 5m he can't delay. Is that what the 5m Florida bill was for?
    Last edited by P for Pancetta; 2024-01-27 at 04:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by P for Pancetta View Post
    Is that what the 5m Florida bill was for?
    No. That was just blatant corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    So we all know there are no cameras in the Carroll lawsuit courtroom. As some of you have suggested, this is to deny Trump having any platform, although it seems to be failing -- Trump takes two steps outside and can say whatever he wants off the stand to fifty cameras.

But, as I quoted without citing earlier, Trump left the courtroom in what feels like an intentional disruption move while Carroll's lawyers were closing. There's more.

Remember, apparently, for some reason I can't fathom, closing arguments aren't under oath. Now, I would say "that means you can't introduce evidence" but since people saying things is evidence, it's called testimony, and apparently that's okay, I don't know what exactly the issue is here. If Trump can speak during closing and lie, with no consequences, why you can't introduce slides is beyond me, you can either introduce evidence or you can't.

But it doesn't matter if I understand or not. I'm not a lawyer in this case. Habba should have known what she was doing wasn't going to work.

Trump also apparently left during the part of the closing where Carroll's lawyer, from what I've read, stuck the landing perfectly. Specifically, he was telling the jury that Trump didn't respect the last jury at all, hence his defamation in under 24 hours, and that this jury had a right to award damages to keep Trump from doing it again. Trump leaving while that happened could not have gone better for Carroll -- it's almost as if he turned his back on the jury in disrespect just as they were told Trump didn't respect them.

Man, I wonder what the award will be.

(hits refresh)

Eighty three million dollars.

Wow. Yes, that happened in a few hours. All of this in one day.

At this point, it feels like Team Trump is being disruptional as an intentional tactic, and it's failing.
    I'm sure I'm wrong, but isn't there another defamation suit (and likely more incoming after the recent days)?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I'm sure I'm wrong, but isn't there another defamation suit (and likely more incoming after the recent days)?
    I don't know of a third defamation case from Carroll. If there's another different defamation case against Trump, it's either SmarMatic, Dominion, or something I can't remember.

Again, it would not surprise me after Trump's immediate outburst, if she sued him a third time. I'm not convinced she will. Trump seems more inclined to yell "This is all Biden deep state shadow government WITCH HUNT!" this time, and Carroll can't sue for that. We'll see, but, near as I remember she hasn't yet.

Is this the guy Anito Montoya was looking for? Trump posts an AI image of himself praying with six fingers, and of course the praying is the most insane thing an AI can come up with and that there is why it's an immediate falsehood.

I don't know of a third defamation case from Carroll. If there's another different defamation case against Trump, it's either SmarMatic, Dominion, or something I can't remember.

Again, it would not surprise me after Trump's immediate outburst, if she sued him a third time. I'm not convinced she will. Trump seems more inclined to yell "This is all Biden deep state shadow government WITCH HUNT!" this time, and Carroll can't sue for that. We'll see, but, near as I remember she hasn't yet.
    Could have sworn there were three, but oh well. I'm sure Trump won't be able to stop himself and nor will any lawyer he has currently or can get.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account

Has she started to receive money from Trump? Because I maintain his ploy is still "counter-sue and appeal until winning office again, then don't have to pay" no matter how many rulings against him he gets.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Next up I believe is the outcome of the New York civil fraud case where the AG is seeking a penalty of up to $250 million and the dissolution of his New York business licenses.

Trump can whine about the verdict as much as he wants. So long as he doesn't talk about Caroll he should be safe from a 3e case for even more damages.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    I know people have joked about it and used it to fill air time but Trump is literally approaching win the election or bust territory. When ought to be enjoying the fruits of their labors he doesn't have enough time to enjoy a day at home between all his legal troubles and campaigning. Ain't no rest for the wicked. Almost fitting.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I know people have joked about it and used it to fill air time but Trump is literally approaching win the election or bust territory. When ought to be enjoying the fruits of their labors he doesn't have enough time to enjoy a day at home between all his legal troubles and campaigning. Ain't no rest for the wicked. Almost fitting.
    From the moment he tried to overturn the election is was "win or bust". Arguably it was that before if you count having to hide from the investigation into his tax fraud.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

15+ Year Old Account
    The ultimate justice would be if Trump's brand was taken over and all of his properties were taken over. The Carroll Grand Hotel has a nice ring to it.

He's got the assets to cover the appeal escrow. Question is, how long can he hold out? Is there a deadline?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Trump posts an AI image of himself praying with six fingers, and of course the praying is the most insane thing an AI can come up with and that there is why it's an immediate falsehood.
    So, Trump is now giving away his NFTs by just posting them? Sure. Not sure why they picked a "photo" that made him look fat, but whatever.

You're right, a picture of Trump praying alone in a church can be summarily handwaved as false.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Has she started to receive money from Trump? Because I maintain his ploy is still "counter-sue and appeal until winning office again, then don't have to pay" no matter how many rulings against him he gets.
    Bill Clinton proved that won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Next up I believe is the outcome of the New York civil fraud case where the AG is seeking a penalty of up to $250 million and the dissolution of his New York business licenses.
    It's $370 million now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    win the election or bust
    An animal is the most dangerous when cornered. If Trump loses the most dangerous period of time will likely be right after the election results are announced when Trump will mobilize the cult to do any and everything to overturn the results.

I don't expect there to be a lot of success in this regard but I do expect a fair amount of violence. And years later we'll likely find out all the illegal things Trump ordered people to try to do.

Of course if we decide to just give up on sanity entirely and Trump is re-elected well....then we have four years of chaos instead.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.