Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Okay, let's see how rich he is, exactly - and then proclaim that he isn't rich enough. That's be a funny move to make.
    It's like pennies to him! Would you pay in pennies?! I don't even have pennies! How am I, a rich person with dollars and access to financial institutions expected to get PENNIES to pay people? That's so burdensome!

(I have a large coin jar IRL so I have plenty of pennies)

10+ Year Old Account
    Donald Trump Tried to Corrupt Attorney in Classified Docs Case

Donald Trump tried to corrupt his own attorney into hiding classified documents, prosecutors alleged.

When the attorney refused, Trump got two of his own assistants to hide the documents from the attorney and cover up the CCTV video evidence, according to the latest filing in Trump's classified documents case in Florida.

The document was filed on Monday on behalf of Special Counsel Jack Smith by David V. Harbach II, assistant special counsel, and Jay I. Bratt, counselor to the special counsel. It was in response to a motion filed to Judge Aileen Cannon by Trump's lawyers, who claim the case is based on "vindictive prosecution" by President Joe Biden and the Democratic party.
    If the prosecution has no evidence, you don't need to lie to your lawyers or ask them to hide evidence. That's what you do when you know there is evidence of your guilt.

The latest filing goes into details of Trump's alleged hiding of classified documents to show that the case is not vindictive or based on political bias. It states that Trump only pretended to cooperate with a National Archive demand that he return classified documents that he stored in his Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida after leaving the White House in 2021.

"When presented with a grand jury subpoena demanding the return of the remaining documents bearing classification markings, Trump attempted to enlist his own attorney in the corrupt endeavor, suggesting that he falsely tell the FBI and grand jury that Trump did not have any documents, and suggesting that his attorney hide or destroy documents rather than produce them to the government," the document states.

After the attorney refused to cooperate, Trump then tried to deceive him, the prosecutors added.

"Failing in his effort to corrupt the attorney, Trump enlisted his trusted body man, codefendant Waltine Nauta, in a scheme to deceive the attorney by moving boxes to conceal his [Trump's] continued possession of classified documents. As a result, Trump, through his attorney, again returned only a portion of the classified documents in his possession while falsely claiming that his production was complete," the document states.

Trump, Nauta and De Oliveira then allegedly tried to destroy the CCTV footage that proved they hid the boxes.

"The obstructive conduct even persisted from there. In June 2022, knowing that he had arranged for Nauta to move boxes to conceal them from Trump's attorney, and knowing that the government had subpoenaed the security video footage that would reveal that surreptitious box movement, Trump, now joined by not only Nauta but also codefendant Carlos De Oliveira, attempted to have the information-technology manager at Mar-a- Lago delete the video footage that would show the movement of boxes," the filing added.
    Now, I thought the lawyer was Bobb, except for one term.

"He".

Bobb has already testified that she was given a letter she did not write but was forced to sign. That's already sworn in as evidence. She says Corcoran wrote the letter, and she forced a disclaimer to be added shielding her, basically saying "the person handing this letter to the FBI is not responsible for it" which...kind of defeats the purpose of giving a letter to the FBI, but also, kind of defeats the purpose of giving someone else a letter to turn in.

But Bobb is a woman. Either Smith used "he" as a gender neutral pronoun, or...it's Corcoran?

No matter who it is, Smith presenting this strongly suggests he has solid testimony. I don't think he would lie in a court filing, nor do I think he would promise the court evidence he didn't have. When he says "Your Honor, Trump tried to get one of his lawyers to lie to us on his behalf" I don't think he's making shit up. I think he's got it locked down.

Trump should be very worried. But, hey, maybe he should have gotten better lawyers. Or, you know, paid them.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Donald Trump Tried to Corrupt Attorney in Classified Docs Case

If the prosecution has no evidence, you don't need to lie to your lawyers or ask them to hide evidence. That's what you do when you know there is evidence of your guilt.

Now, I thought the lawyer was Bobb, except for one term.

"He".

Bobb has already testified that she was given a letter she did not write but was forced to sign. That's already sworn in as evidence. She says Corcoran wrote the letter, and she forced a disclaimer to be added shielding her, basically saying "the person handing this letter to the FBI is not responsible for it" which...kind of defeats the purpose of giving a letter to the FBI, but also, kind of defeats the purpose of giving someone else a letter to turn in.

But Bobb is a woman. Either Smith used "he" as a gender neutral pronoun, or...it's Corcoran?
    This is an old story. The lawyer Trump tried to corrupt was indeed Corcoran.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    This is an old story. The lawyer Trump tried to corrupt was indeed Corcoran.
    Huh...well, the filing was Monday, that's new at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Tucker Carlson Claims Lawyers Warned Biden Administration Would Arrest Him If He Gave Putin Softball Interview

“My lawyers before I left, and these are people who work for a big law firm, this is not Bob’s Law Firm, this is one of the biggest law firms in the world, said you’re going to get arrested if you do this, by the U.S. government on sanctions violations,” Carlson told Fridman.

The former Fox News host, who recently launched his own media company, noted that these lawyers cost “thousands of dollars” to get various experts and researchers to weigh in with conclusions.

“Their sincere conclusion was do not do this,” Carlson said about the advice he received in a memo.

He also claimed one lawyer told him that if the interview was too “softball,” he could somehow wind up behind bars.

“He said, ‘look, a lot will depend on the questions that you ask Putin. If you’re seen as too nice to him, you could get arrested when you come back,'” he said.

Carlson declared he was more than ready for such a battle.

“I said, well I don’t recognize the legitimacy of that actually because I’m American and I’ve here my whole life and that’s so outrageous that I’m happy to face that risk because I so reject the premise,” he said.
    How brave is Carlson to confront the evil and corrupt Biden, to risk this imaginary problem he just made up.

Tucker Carlson Claims Lawyers Warned Biden Administration Would Arrest Him If He Gave Putin Softball Interview

How brave is Carlson to confront the evil and corrupt Biden, to risk this imaginary problem he just made up.
    Someone didn't quite get the PR bump he thought he'd get by "braving" Russia to talk to his employer- I mean Putin and had to come up with "Biden evul" to get a few more clicks.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Haley is the last competitor left before the RNC becomes the Party of Trump, officially. Perhaps this is a tactic to bring on independent voters, perhaps this is just frustration, but either way, she's toast. At this point, why not be spiteful and take as many voters with her as she can?
    I don't like Haley much but I'm beginning to grudgingly respect her. At least she does not go gently into the good night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I don't like Haley much but I'm beginning to grudgingly respect her. At least she does not go gently into the good night.
    Sometimes I wonder...where was that courage and conviction when she intentionally and willingly worked for Trump? One of the many, many things the Trump cult has ignored, because they're insane, is that Trump's harshest critics are the people he hired to work with him on purpose, who worked with him on purpose, and saw what kind of person he was and what he wanted to do.

People who know Trump, think he's a danger to the country. Haley is running for President purely to stop Trump at this point. That should tell them something.

Should.

I'll give Haley her due only if she continues after losing the primary. Her "base" is significant and Trump would be smart to win her over. That he's refused to connect her to potential VP material is...typical Trump stupidity. But...if he does, and she refuses...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Her "base" is significant and Trump would be smart to win her over.
    I don't know what it would take. They seem to legitimately hate each other. Trump has not just disavowed Haley -- yes, the woman he hired on purpose -- but her donors as well. He is fat fucking chaos personified and could change his mind on a whim -- this is not a selling point for a political candidate by the way -- but right now, Haley is persona non gratin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I'll give Haley her due only if she continues after losing the primary. Her "base" is significant and Trump would be smart to win her over. That he's refused to connect her to potential VP material is...typical Trump stupidity. But...if he does, and she refuses...
    Remember though, that Haley’s supporters are still republicans. Meaning that I imagine the majority of them will hold their nose and vote for Trump if/when he’s the nominee, regardless of any “distaste” they showed for him during the primaries.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Governor of Georgia lays out the Republican strategy of dismissing cases against Trump, because they feel like it.

I gotta be careful about what I say here, because I was subpoenaed by Fani, with Willis in the special grand jury. But it’s hard to believe that a process that I think many people — including myself — believe is very political, regardless of the merits behind the case, has gotten even more political now because of her actions and those of Mr. Wade and others.
    He believes it's political. He feels that it's political. It's feelings, you guys!

Key aspect: "regardless of the merits behind the case"

Let that sink in.

This is the first step taken towards throwing the case out/pardoning Trump, just because he feels like it. Even if convicted with facts and evidence.

Calling it now.

Governor of Georgia lays out the Republican strategy of dismissing cases against Trump, because they feel like it.

He believes it's political. He feels that it's political. It's feelings, you guys!

Key aspect: "regardless of the merits behind the case"

Let that sink in.

This is the first step taken towards throwing the case out/pardoning Trump, just because he feels like it. Even if convicted with facts and evidence.

Calling it now.
    Republicans sure can't stop talking about their feelings. That's some sissy liberal arts studies shit, I heard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump is apparently asking NY courts to put up a 100 million dollar bond instead of the full amount he is supposed to put up in order to appeal the fraud ruling in NY.

Saw someone comment elsewhere that he also wants only put up 5 million as a bond to appeal the latest E Jean Carrol ruling.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Trump is apparently asking NY courts to put up a 100 million dollar bond instead of the full amount he is supposed to put up in order to appeal the fraud ruling in NY.

Saw someone comment elsewhere that he also wants only put up 5 million as a bond to appeal the latest E Jean Carrol ruling.
    Didn't he say he was too rich to pay? Now he's saying he'll have to sell some property to pay?

He should sell his property. Isn't Rudy selling a condo to partially try to cover his obligations?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Didn't he say he was too rich to pay? Now he's saying he'll have to sell some property to pay?

He should sell his property. Isn't Rudy selling a condo to partially try to cover his obligations?
    Having to sell his property to pay the bond would be an admission that he isn't as rich as he claims to be.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

You don't get it Edge, he is tooooo smart to use his own money to pay court rulings <snark>. Rich people don't use their own money to pay for things that's why they are alpha, sigma, smartest people in the world, I worship them <more snark>. The defense by people who dream they will one day be that millionaire and the worship of the rich, will always amaze me.

While standing operating procedure for the rich, I give it to Trump in he take full advantage in the legal system for delays and whatever than I anyone I have ever followed.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Judge telling him to fuck off in 3...2...1...
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Having to sell his property to pay the bond would be an admission that he isn't as rich as he claims to be.
    Yes and no. Even the rich, lets say $1 to $3 billionaires are probably not that liquid. Most are not liquid with let's say $350-$450 million he needs to pay.

I get your point. He is a FAT liar in everything and of course him lying about his wealth is his #1 ego boost. On top of that he is a horrible business person, who we all know is lucky to have the wealth he still holds on too.

So yeah just to add. this is actually a fine, settlement that is worthy of punishing so called rich people instead of a $50k fine, which rich people would laugh at.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Let's not blow too much smoke up her ass.

Remember when it was Ted Cruz in Haley's shoes?

"I don't get angry often, but you mess with my wife, you mess with my kids, that'll do it every time," Cruz told reporters in Wisconsin. "Donald, you're a sniveling coward, and leave Heidi the hell alone."
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Yes and no. Even the rich, lets say $1 to $3 billionaires are probably not that liquid. Most are not liquid with let's say $350-$450 million he needs to pay.

I get your point. He is a FAT liar in everything and of course him lying about his wealth is his #1 ego boost. On top of that he is a horrible business person, who we all know is lucky to have the wealth he still holds on too.

So yeah just to add. this is actually a fine, settlement that is worthy of punishing so called rich people instead of a $50k fine, which rich people would laugh at.
    There's also the fact that he likely can't sell property to pay the bond since everything is leveraged up to Trumps leathery neck in debt and there is no way his lenders will let him stiff them without claiming their pound of flesh from him and that will set off an avalanche of lenders carving away metaphorical chunks off him to get something out of their dealings with him.