Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    That being said there is a line that is crossed when just blatant hypocrisy comes into play. For instance I don't really care that a deep red conservatives is playing with boy toys on the side. I do care that he is doing so while trying to push anti-LGBT initiatives.
    For me, it is that and when they try talking about "Fiscal Responsibility" while they are cutting taxes while their area is already being a tax drain that requires federal funding to pay for their stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I don't care much about getting into the details of people's personal relationships.
    Valid, but you're not the one making laws based on personal relationships, nor are you the one saying someone should not run for office because of their past relationships. Once someone does -- such as Trump -- all bets are off, and hypocrisy must be called out and rejected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Valid, but you're not the one making laws based on personal relationships, nor are you the one saying someone should not run for office because of their past relationships. Once someone does -- such as Trump -- all bets are off, and hypocrisy must be called out and rejected.
    *blinks* Is there a reason why you didn't quote the rest of my post which is basically what you just said here? I'm assuming that this was just your adding commentary not actually directed at me, but if not let me know.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/republi...h-golf-spikes/

"Governor Wolf, let me tell you, between now and November 6th you'd better put a catcher's mask on your face, because I'm going to stomp all over your face with golf spikes," Wagner said in the two-minute video, jabbing his index finger towards the camera. "I'm going to win this for the state of Pennsylvania, and we're throwing you out of office." In the video, Wagner is standing in front of the billboard.
    Civility

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Civility
    Surely that's at least towing the line of breaking some sort of law? Not sure how much of the whole "oh well he clearly didn't mean it literally" would fly.

His opponent should press charges.
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...de-white-house

In his continuing attacks on the First Amendment, Trump now wants to close down the public sidewalks outside of the White House and charge protesters for their use.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/12/u...tizenship.html

And it seems like the release of emails contradicting his earlier comments (lies) has jogged the memory of fake billionaire and grifter Wilbur Ross. As with many Republican officials lately he seemed to have trouble recalling a lot of details about discussions and the process of how the citizenship question was suggested to be added to the census, and why. However after the emails, emails that he's on, have gone public he now seems to suddenly remember.

Curious indeed.

- - - Updated - - -

So the Trump administrations use of thoroughly discredited and completely bullshit Project Veritas videos to support their attempts to prosecute dozens of inauguration protesters (which imploded as not a single conviction was secured) continues to blow up in their face. The judge in the case ruled that prosecutors were wrong not to disclose additional videos and audio recordings they had, and also that they violated evidence disclosure rules by not revealing that the routinely edited O'Keefe videos were also edited by the government.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...ts-prosecutors

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    And the Orange Turd is so inept, even his published lies, that he puts a link in his own op-ed piece that shows he's a liar.

So much winning.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...2ac5431c9c4de3

President Trump launched into an unusual story about two of his predecessors — former President Abraham Lincoln and former President and Union General Ulysses S. Grant.

Trump said that Lincoln had developed a “phobia” about beating Confederate General Robert E. Lee, whom Trump called a “great general,” and that Lincoln sought out Grant, who was born in Ohio, to defeat Lee.

Trump also referenced Grant’s alleged drinking problem. He added that Grant is "finally being recognized as a great general."

Here's what Trump told the crowd in Ohio:

"It also gave you a general who was incredible. He drank a little bit too much. You know who I’m talking about right? So Robert E. Lee was a great general. And Abraham Lincoln developed a phobia. He couldn’t beat Robert E. Lee.

He was going crazy. I don’t know if you know this story. But Robert E. Lee was winning battle after battle after battle. And Abraham Lincoln came home, he said, 'I can’t beat Robert E. Lee.' And he had all of his generals, they looked great, they were the top of their class at West Point. They were the greatest people. There’s only one problem — they didn’t know how the hell to win. They didn’t know how to fight. They didn’t know how.

And one day, it was looking really bad. And Lincoln just said, 'You,' hardly knew his name. And they said, 'Don’t take him, he’s got a drinking problem.' And Lincoln said, 'I don’t care what problem he has. You guys aren’t winning.'

And his name was Grant. General Grant. And he went in and he knocked the hell out of everyone. And you know the story. They said to Lincoln, 'You can’t use him anymore, he’s an alcoholic.' And Lincoln said, 'I don’t care if he’s an alcoholic, frankly, give me six or seven more just like him.' He started to win. Grant really did — he had a serious problem, a serious drinking problem, but man was he a good general. And he’s finally being recognized as a great general.

But Lincoln had almost developed a phobia, because he was having a hard time with a true great fighter, a great general Robert E. Lee. But Grant figured it out. And Grant is a great general, and Grant came from right here."
    Someone put racist grandpa to bed please, it's past his bedtime.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanted to post it...

This show just never ends does it?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    That story gave me cancer. I can feel my organs failing. People voted for this man...
    /s

Hey, if nothing else it's something he and Kanye can talk about more the next time they have a bro-down: Their shared lack of historical knowledge. The closest to something salient in that is references to Grant (potentially) having a drinking problem. Though as with everything, it seems that someone just told Trump about President Ulysses S. Grant and as a result, Trump thinks that everyone is also learning about it for the first time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    That story gave me cancer. I can feel my organs failing. People voted for this man...
    Well most of those people don't think the CSA didn't anything wrong.

10+ Year Old Account

I think it has less to do with his racism and more to do with his necessity to bullshit in order to sell something.

With that said, I am screaming internally after reading that abortion of history.

10+ Year Old Account
    *hold my beer*

Lets tell black people they should vote for us because of Kanye and then praise Robert E Lee in the same breath

I think it was on a podcast or something but this question was raised...

Is there a real difference between being a racist and being a person who doesn't mean to be racist but does a lot of racist stuff?

"I dont dislike black people but there would be easier for me to get a table if they werent allowed in this restaurant".
    Last edited by PACOX; 2018-10-13 at 03:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

He's justifying Supreme Court Justice and Beer Lover Kava's existence.

Grant was a lush, yet he he won. With the m̶o̶u̶n̶t̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶r̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶s̶ odds stacked against him, he won. Drunks can do stuff without being a total fuck up. He SAW how to win clearly with his beer goggles on. He was a raging alcoholic but he still did his job, and that job was winning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account

You have to understand. When Republican say "civility" or anything like it, what they mean is "we don't like it when our victims fight back".
    Impeach the MF.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I mean, it's a gross oversimplification that would certainly earn a failing grade from any history teacher, but I wouldn't really call it wrong, per se.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    He's justifying Supreme Court Justice and Beer Lover Kava's existence.

Grant was a lush, yet he he won. With the m̶o̶u̶n̶t̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶r̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶s̶ odds stacked against him, he won. Drunks can do stuff without being a total fuck up. He SAW how to win clearly with his beer goggles on. He was a raging alcoholic but he still did his job, and that job was winning.
    Yeah, but the two big differences between Grant and Kavanaugh (at least, the two I'm going to point out, because this comparison is a truly yuge generalization) are:
    1. Grant knew he had a problem and worked very hard to overcome it. Kavanaugh insists he has no problem and just likes beer.
    2. Grant had proven himself multiple times by repeatedly winning major victories, often against big odds, in arenas where others had repeatedly failed. Kavanaugh has done... What, exactly?
    Last edited by DarkTZeratul; 2018-10-13 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Asked about the murder of a journalist in Instanbul allegedly under Saudi orders and possible punishment, Trump's response is, "They spend a lot of money here."

This is why Trump will lose in 2020. No, not this specific ghastly comment, but the fact that he is a fount of inappropriate and appalling comments. His strength is simultaneously his weakness, and that's not a winning dichotomy.
    First, it's not his strength. Second, that's how he was voted in to begin with. Third, he'll be voted in again because Trumplestiltskins eat that shit up and don't care how bad he sounds.

- - - Updated - - -

Do governors think that those interviews are like those mock ones decades ago you'd see in the WWE? Did he think he was Macho Man Randy Savage?

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...de-white-house

In his continuing attacks on the First Amendment, Trump now wants to close down the public sidewalks outside of the White House and charge protesters for their use.
    So Trump basically wants to put a toll on the sidewalk? Why aren't his zealots screaming about a new tax?

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of being an alcoholic, I'll have to become one to get through any more of Trump's insane verbal diarrhea.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    First, it's not his strength. Second, that's how he was voted in to begin with. Third, he'll be voted in again because Trumplestiltskins eat that shit up and don't care how bad he sounds.

- - - Updated - - -

Do governors think that those interviews are like those mock ones decades ago you'd see in the WWE? Did he think he was Macho Man Randy Savage?

- - - Updated - - -

So Trump basically wants to put a toll on the sidewalk? Why aren't his zealots screaming about a new tax?

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of being an alcoholic, I'll have to become one to get through any more of Trump's insane verbal diarrhea.
    No, but he believes that being the biggest 'strong man' he can be will win him votes, which is not actually far-fetched at all. Heck, Trumpkins will likely cheer him on for 'stomping' libs and RINOs.

Zealots don't care about taxes that do not affect them, directly. They also seem to believe that from now on all presidents will be Republicans, so stuff like that is fine.

7+ Year Old Account
    Lost Cause bollocks aside Trump's story is absolutely correct. Lee was an exceptional military leader that fighting against superior armies in almost every battle, in some cases vastly superior armies, he was able to inflict staggering costs on the union.

There is one major criticism though. He screwed up, very badly, at Gettysburg. He really should have listened to Longstreet and gotten the hell out of there. Maybe Stonewall Jackson could have done things differently and won, he was after all exceptional in his own right, but Jackson was dead.

Still he won magnificent victories, performed maneuvers that can only be described as brilliant and was able to not only maintain the love and respect of his troops but also avoid much of the infighting among his commanders that would be the bane so many armies in the civil war.

This brings me to Grant. For much of the civil war and a big part of the reason why the Confederates lost the civil war and why the Union could have ( and there were portions where they almost did, from a political perspective at least ) both armies were dealing with a significant amount of internal rivalries that led to many unnecessary losses and extremely foolish decisions that cost them dearly.

Grant was someone whose career might have been destroyed at Shiloh, but Lincoln saved him because "he fights". Fight he did, despite the political and military rivalries hampering him Grant was willing to do what needed to be done win the war, including waging Total War, or what General Sherman called "hard war". It worked but it gave him a reputation as a butcher. ( that and Cold Harbor ) Truthfully overcoming the Confederates and beating Lee was no easy feat and Grant was a great leader.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2018-10-13 at 12:06 PM.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."