Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    How so? Did the Dems take NC and can finally redistrict the state?
    We have a Democratic governor now with Cooper and the Republicans lost their veto-proof majority, maybe that is what he is getting at so now they can't force such blatant theft down our throats.

At least that is what I THINK he is getting at, but not entirely sure.

Edit: The Republicans honestly should be in the minority after last elections numbers but that is beside the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Oh the irony... the pure irony

I am curious as to what God it is that is ok with the lies, infidelity, greed, lust, fear, and corruption that Trump advocates. Is it Slanesh?
    It's time for Change.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    It's time for Change. *pic snip*
    Im not that up on my eldritch abominations, but isn't that just a Lord of Change?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    We have a Democratic governor now with Cooper and the Republicans lost their veto-proof majority, maybe that is what he is getting at so now they can't force such blatant theft down our throats.

At least that is what I THINK he is getting at, but not entirely sure.

Edit: The Republicans honestly should be in the minority after last elections numbers but that is beside the point.
    Your court flipped for one. Supreme Court of North Carolina is now blue due to stupidity on the Republicans part (they expected the Dems to run multiple judges to split the vote for an open seat. Instead they split the vote between two Pub judges.). But besides that fact

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/28/64269...r-court-ruling
    A panel of federal judges ruled the state's electoral maps were illegally drawn to favor Republicans. But with elections a little more than two months away, there may not be time to redraw them.
    https://www.npr.org/2018/09/05/64476...er-court-rules
    Judges in North Carolina on Tuesday said that despite declaring the state's electoral map to be unconstitutionally gerrymandered for partisan reasons, there wasn't enough time for the map to be redrawn before midterm elections in November.

Here's the kicker though.
    The court said last week that regardless of whether it uses the 2016 map in November, the state was barred from using it in any following election.
    Basically it's sounding more and more like the legislature won't be able to draw the districts since they've essentially been sending back troll maps with barely a thing changed. With the NC Supreme Court flipped it'll most likely be drawn by the same sort of independent committee that redrew PA.

Basically, if the NC Dems come out in 2020(and with the blue Supreme Court it won't shock me if the ID law also ends up neutered) they'll have a good shot of flipping the entire state, both electorally and House makeup) Should help make up for the couple of red seats the Dems gained that will be very hard to keep (mainly the OK City and SC coast seat. CA-39 and UT-4 would also fall into this if they're won)

@Seiklis

Didn't know about the Supreme Court flip, live here and didn't realize that. Thanks for the heads up.

Knew about the maps already ruled illegal twice. They should have defaulted us back to the pre-2010 maps honestly. Out of the 12 contested districts, the Republicans lost by over 200,000 votes and still got 9 of them

Was afraid of them drawing more illegal ones or borderline illegal ones and getting them.

But once they lost their veto-proof majority, I was hoping that Cooper could slap that shit down next time.

Since they aren't allowed to keep this map, don't even need to wait for the next census to fix this as they HAVE to fix it before the next election and between the Governor and the Supreme Court, hopefully it shouldn't slide.

Am I understanding it right?

Still wondering why the judges allowed them to use those maps though instead of just forcing them to the pre-2010 maps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    @Seiklis

Didn't know about the Supreme Court flip, live here and didn't realize that. Thanks for the heads up.

Knew about the maps already ruled illegal twice. They should have defaulted us back to the pre-2010 maps honestly. Out of the 12 contested districts, the Republicans lost by over 200,000 votes and still got 9 of them

Was afraid of them drawing more illegal ones or borderline illegal ones and getting them.

But once they lost their veto-proof majority, I was hoping that Cooper could slap that shit down next time.

Since they aren't allowed to keep this map, don't even need to wait for the next census to fix this as they HAVE to fix it before the next election and between the Governor and the Supreme Court, hopefully it shouldn't slide.

Am I understanding it right?

Still wondering why the judges allowed them to use those maps though instead of just forcing them to the pre-2010 maps.
    Cause it was ruled in September. Primaries were already over. There wasn't enough time to hold new primaries and let the candidates campaign in 2 months Even the opposition agreed it would just lead to a ton of confusion

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus Christ, every time we send Trump overseas he gets more unhinged.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...03186125856769

Now he's upset that the Europeans want to build up their own military . . . while blasting them for depending on America's military (and the usual schtick about them "not paying their fair share")

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/09/polit...ato/index.html

Thank you Donald Trump for ruining our global reputation you fucking moron. This will take a decade to fix.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Seiklis View Post
    Cause it was ruled in September. Primaries were already over. There wasn't enough time to hold new primaries and let the candidates campaign in 2 months Even the opposition agreed it would just lead to a ton of confusion
    Ah, honestly would have rather they delayed the elections rather than pull that. The moment they knew the clock was ticking, they should have appointed an independent counsel to do it rather than let the Republicans try again or just automatically defaulted back.

Understand why they allowed it at that point, but should have never came to that point to begin with.

Sounds like another case of cheating using the excuse that it is easier to apologize than ask permission.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    So glad hillary didnt win
    You and every other zealot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Thank you Donald Trump for ruining our global reputation you fucking moron. This will take a decade to fix.
    We should elect two presidents to help speed up the repairs.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

No peace with north korea but war with iran, thats my guess.
    There isn't peace with North Korea, they are still making nukes. And the war with Iran is on the horizon thanks to the the sanctions being put back in place, even though they are actually complying with their nuke programs.

No peace with north korea but war with iran, thats my guess.
    I totally missed this earlier. Do show where the "peace" is with NK, because what happened was Trump went their, praised their military, him and Kim signed a useless piece of paper and within only a couple weeks NK went back to making missiles.

Yay for Trump being the "Greatest Deal Maker".

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I totally missed this earlier. Do show where the "peace" is with NK, because what happened was Trump went their, praised their military, him and Kim signed a useless piece of paper and within only a couple weeks NK went back to making missiles.

Yay for Trump being the "Greatest Deal Maker".
    need to have everyone start calling Mueller "the greatest deal maker" just for the madness it would cause

So glad hillary didnt win
    Hillary lost. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump threatens to bar other members of the press like he did Acosta unless they show him more respect.
    Why does this meme come to mind immediately?

What resemblance could there be between the President and a spoiled, foul-mouthed kid?
    Last edited by Flarelaine; 2018-11-10 at 09:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a wonderful human being conservatives put in office in 2016!

Trump claims the California wildfires were caused by mismanagement and that federal payments to California will end if they don't get the fires under control

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...68803218948096

About a fire that started on federal land, by the way.
    Putin khuliyo

This will take a decade to fix.
    Nah, Trump's just trying to make sure the next president gets their "Not the Republican Candidate" award. Better known to the rest of the world as the Nobel Peace Prize.

But seriously...I would hope that most politicians in other countries realize that Trump's stupidity isn't the will of the American public, and things can return to some semblance of sanity after his successor spends a year going around and repairing our relations with them. Shit like Iran will obviously take longer, but I don't think it will be that bad with our allies (once we ditch the incompetent fuck who wants to turn them into enemies).

Trump claims the California wildfires were caused by mismanagement and that federal payments to California will end if they don't get the fires under control

For any other American President, a tweet like this would ruin his standing and possibly end his career. For Trump? It's just Saturday. The START of Saturday.

I've got to the point where I'd actually be surprised if he isn't less presidential than this before the sun sets.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

What. The actual. FUCK.
    A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    What. The actual. FUCK.
    He did the same thing last year.
    /s