Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Pence can pardon him all he likes. He's still facing time in prison for State charges.

And, again, your fantasy of the Republicans being "forced" to use the 25th is a catastrophic situation for our nation. First, it would require democrats to be derelict in their duty after having impeachable evidence(which isn't evidence suitable for the 25th). Second, it would require the Republicans to decide that seizing power is more important than bringing their own articles to the floor of the house. Third, in that situation(as we've seen in other places the Republicans are losing power) they would move to ensure that power resides with their party against the will of the people.

You're basically praying for the collapse of our nation. Good luck with that down in North Carolina.
    The Republicans don't control the house after January, that is the only reason the Republicans care now.

Trump literally swore into office committing impeachable offense and the Republicans went out of their way to avoid looking into them. I want to have all of that looked into and drug into the light and want the Republicans forced to be held accountable for it which will cause many of them to resign or lose any chance of re-election.

And after the Republicans lose the house, they won't be able to pass anything without going through them. So that way of consolidating power will be over. And they can change their rules in the Senate the same either way with or without this happening with their majority till they lose it.

Trust me, I don't want the Republicans in power, I want them held accountable along with Trump.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Deleted
    When Trump gets tied up by the dems and can do fuck all in the usa surely he is just going to start fucking around overseas full time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The Republicans avoiding looking doesn't mean they can ignore evidence that the Dems make public. If you want them held accountable, you wouldn't be hoping for them to seize control through the 25th.
    They wouldn't be seizing control through the 25th.

The 25th doesn't give them the house back anymore than an impeachment does. And I know they can't ignore the evidence, I want them to be forced to actually acting on the evidence and explaining why they didn't before.

If he is impeached, they can try and use that as a scapegoat to blame Democrats are RINOs or whatever. But if they are forced to do it within their own ranks, makes that much harder to do.

How does forcing them to use the 25th to fix their own embarrassment and admitting they fucked up with the very act give them more control? Do they get to chose who replaces him with the 25th anymore than with an impeachment or give them more power in the House or something?

Edit: If we go full impeachment, I want to be enough to remove Trump and Pence.

Edit again: Off to bed, will try and read up on this later. Later and Merry Christmas.
    Last edited by Fugus; 2018-12-21 at 04:18 AM.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are dumb as rocks

https://www.gofundme.com/thetrumpwal...uIwwPB98RJnreY

10 million dollars in one day. They aren't going to build the f**king wall.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    People are dumb as rocks

https://www.gofundme.com/thetrumpwal...uIwwPB98RJnreY

10 million dollars in one day. They aren't going to build the f**king wall.
    heres the guy behind it btw and his history (trying to get into the fake news game) : https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/...05685420949504

seems legit.

damn i wish i'd of done it, donate 1 brick and then head to my new beachhouse in costa rica that i brought out of the 99.9% 'admin fees'

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralissimoGreymane View Post
    Imagine being a senior advisor or fanboy to the very dumb President and being so much dumber than him that you don’t even know know that McCain died.

Only the best people!
    Give her a break! She has to sell her "merch" to lonely conservative men who fantasize about getting her on their lap.

This by the way, is exactly the business model for all these spawn-of-Anne-Counter blonde-and-or-boob-job "conservative" commentators. They're the political equivalent of titty streamers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    When Trump gets tied up by the dems and can do fuck all in the usa surely he is just going to start fucking around overseas full time.
    He's won't have much luck doing that. Democrats will never give trump the funds needed to prosecute any new foreign conflict.

That too would require the approval of Nancy Pelosi and 60 people in the Senate.

Trump is going to make scene after scene, but the truth is, his power is broken and he knows it. This is all what I said he'd do over the summer, when I predicted he would lose the mid-term. He's seen his power vanish out from under him, and now he's trying to reassert his authority by showing he is "the decider" so to speak.

Problem is, there is very limited things he can actually do. It's not like he can do what Obama did and try and engage in regulatory action to press his agenda. He's been trying that for two years, and he's largely lost in the courts or is tied up there.

Basically someone should get him an iPhone XS Max for christmas, because he's going to spend a lot of his time tweeting, as he'll have little else to do.

Deleted
    @Skroe how fanciful do you think this is : https://twitter.com/JBWolfsthal/stat...34085921562624

I don't know much about the procedure in the US (and im not really worried about it happening ever), is a first strike legal?

Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    The US is bound by treaties to defend Japan, as it's not allowed an army anymore. That's why they have a "Self Defense Force" (lol) instead of an army. Trump can bitch as much as he wants, but pretty sure he'd need House & Congress support to pull out of Japan, which doesn't seem likely to happen.
    Japan is moving towards revising article 9 in their constitution and reconstituting its military force. Abe is pushing for a 2020 deadline.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

@Skroe how fanciful do you think this is : https://twitter.com/JBWolfsthal/stat...34085921562624

I don't know much about the procedure in the US (and im not really worried about it happening ever), is a first strike legal?
    It's entirely likely. Nixon's staff did something similar during the worst moments of Watergate, when Nixon was getting drunk all the time.

The procedure is accurate though. We're all in a lot of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    It's entirely likely. Nixon's staff did something similar during the worst moments of Watergate, when Nixon was getting drunk all the time.

The procedure is accurate though. We're all in a lot of trouble.
    Yeah it's unfortunately incredibly accurate. People like Mattis, and Nixon's staff in the day, put their own measures in to ensure safety due to the unpredictability, rash temperament and desperation of the president during their worst times. The safeguards for Trump are all gone now. Not saying something will happen, but we're trusting a unfettered Donald fucking Trump to not do something ridiculously stupid like this when he's outright said in the past he wants to and we should.

Repeat. We are trusting a mentally unhinged and ill reality star to not use weapons he's outright said he wants to use and no safeguards in place.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2018-12-21 at 05:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    The Wall is built. It's just not the one he's looking for.

Over 30 high-profile resignations or firings; loss of almost all of his agenda; GOP loss of the House in a matter of days; Trump losing profits and businesses; the world turning against the US; a looming recession brought about by his own words and actions under a tax cut that had no effect, tariffs, inflation and trade wars; and, yes, multiple investigations (more on the way), indictments, plea deals, and convictions.

Trump's shutting down the government. But in more ways than one.

Are we tired.

Of winning.

Yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Yeah it's unfortunately incredibly accurate. People like Mattis, and Nixon's staff in the day, put their own measures in to ensure safety due to the unpredictability, rash temperament and desperation of the president during their worst times. The safeguards for Trump are all gone now. Not saying something will happen, but we're trusting a unfettered Donald fucking Trump to not do something ridiculously stupid like this when he's outright said in the past he wants to and we should.
    The good news - and it's not a lot but its something - is that the Joint Chiefs and the US Military's commanders are roundly highly educated and capable men and women, and they can and will act as brakes if things get dangerous.

- - - Updated - - -

But Donald Trump must be removed from office. Soon. This must end.

Seems like a rather giant oversight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    Seems like a rather giant oversight.
    They never envisioned an immature idiotic asshole of this magnitude would be in that position, so it kinda never was an issue.
    Until now.
    When it's not just an issue.
    It's a goddamn 4 year subscription.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    They wouldn't be seizing control through the 25th.

The 25th doesn't give them the house back anymore than an impeachment does. And I know they can't ignore the evidence, I want them to be forced to actually acting on the evidence and explaining why they didn't before.

If he is impeached, they can try and use that as a scapegoat to blame Democrats are RINOs or whatever. But if they are forced to do it within their own ranks, makes that much harder to do.

How does forcing them to use the 25th to fix their own embarrassment and admitting they fucked up with the very act give them more control? Do they get to chose who replaces him with the 25th anymore than with an impeachment or give them more power in the House or something?

Edit: If we go full impeachment, I want to be enough to remove Trump and Pence.

Edit again: Off to bed, will try and read up on this later. Later and Merry Christmas.

I think it's the other way around. The GOP will be paying for an impeachment for years. (Which is fine by me. As long as they exist, they haven't paid enough for supporting Trump.) Invoking the 25th can be a net gain for them.

If Trump is impeached, "the base" (hey! anyone remember what Al Qaeda means in Arabic?) will be furious. They'll rant and rave and violently act out. They'll dump all over the GOP establishment, whether they blame the Dems or not. A successful impeachment will mean some Republicans voting for it. It'll lead to Tea Party Mark II. And because the GOP will have to cater to these people if it wants to keep them, it means either a split GOP, or a GOP that caters to nutbars and is no better off. Impeachment introduces a level of cognitive dissonance that will keep hurting the Republican party, because they won't be able to escape the truth: they were wrong, they were stupid, and they've finally been defeated.

But if Trump has lost his marbles, and Pence is required to replace him for the good of the country... well that wasn't really anyone's fault, is it? (Especially if Ivanka, Melania, and the doctors at Walter Reed all agree.) Well, <puts on Trumphat> mabe it was the fault of those evil Democrats like Mueller who cause the Great Old Man so much stress from their obstruction and never-ending hoax investigation, or maybe it was even a sinister Deep State conspiracy - they poisoned him, gave him dementia with ultrasound, sabotaged the world's supply of KFC!<takes off Trumphat with relief> The point is that if Trump is going because he is convincingly portrayed as mentally incompetent to the MAGATs, then they never have to admit they were wrong. And they'll love that. Pence and the GOP can make some appropriate Trumpish noises, and the Republicans can go back to being happily led by someone who fits better with established norms.

Also: with impeachment, a raging Trump will be ranting on TV and twitter nonstop. If he's in a high-end asylum, his babysitters can send out regular polite messages supporting Republican causes, and otherwise he's gone.
    Last edited by FeedsOnDevTears; 2018-12-21 at 05:15 AM.
    Impeach the MF.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe it’s essential that the United States maintain and strengthen the post-World War II alliances that have been carefully built by leaders in both parties. We must also maintain a clear-eyed understanding of our friends and foes, and recognize that nations like Russia are among the latter. So I was sorry to learn that Secretary Mattis, who shares those clear principles, will soon depart the administration. But I am particularly distressed that he is resigning due to sharp differences with the president on these and other key aspects of America’s global leadership
    -- Mitch McConnell

I’ve had disagreements with Secretary Mattis, but we shared the view — long-held by Democrats and Republicans in this nation — that respect for our allies and a commitment to the most important and effective alliances in history made America safer. It is clear this administration has abandoned those core American beliefs. Secretary Mattis’ presence and his voice of reason and experience will be missed in the Pentagon and the Situation Room
    -- Joe Biden

Secretary Mattis should testify before Congress and answer questions about the alarming contents of his resignation letter. Congress should use its power to check this President, defend our alliances and hold our adversaries accountable when Donald Trump refuses to.
    -- Sen. Duckworth

This is a sad day for America because Secretary Mattis was giving advice the President needs to hear. Mattis rightly believes that Russia and China are clear adversaries and that we are at war with jihadists across the globe who plot to kill Americans at home. Isolationism is a weak strategy that will harm Americans and America’s allies. Radical Islamic jihadists are still at war with us, and no ISIS is not gone
    -- Sen. Sasse

A secretary of Defense quitting over a public disagreement with a president whose foreign policy he believes has gone off the rails is a national security crisiis. No way around it.
    -- Sen. Murphy

UPDATE:

Just read Gen. Mattis resignation letter. It makes it abundantly clear that we are headed towards a series of grave policy errors which will endanger our nation, damage our alliances and empower our adversaries.
    -- Marco Rubio
    Last edited by Breccia; 2018-12-21 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FeedsOnDevTears View Post
    I think it's the other way around. The GOP will be paying for an impeachment for years. (Which is fine by me. As long as they exist, they haven't paid enough for supporting Trump.) Invoking the 25th can be a net gain for them.

If Trump is impeached, "the base" (hey! anyone remember what Al Qaeda means in Arabic?) will be furious. They'll rant and rave and violently act out. They'll dump all over the GOP establishment, whether they blame the Dems or not. A successful impeachment will mean some Republicans voting for it. It'll lead to Tea Party Mark II. And because the GOP will have to cater to these people if it wants to keep them, it means either a split GOP, or a GOP that caters to nutbars and is no better off. Impeachment introduces a level of cognitive dissonance that will keep hurting the Republican party, because they won't be able to escape the truth: they were wrong, they were stupid, and they've finally been defeated.

But if Trump has lost his marbles, and Pence is required to replace him for the good of the country... well that wasn't really anyone's fault, is it? (Especially if Ivanka, Melania, and the doctors at Walter Reed all agree.) Well, <puts on Trumphat> mabe it was the fault of those evil Democrats like Mueller who cause the Great Old Man so much stress from their obstruction and never-ending hoax investigation, or maybe it was even a sinister Deep State conspiracy - they poisoned him, gave him dementia with ultrasound, sabotaged the world's supply of KFC!<takes off Trumphat with relief> The point is that if Trump is going because he is convincingly portrayed as mentally incompetent to the MAGATs, then they never have to admit they were wrong. And they'll love that. Pence and the GOP can make some appropriate Trumpish noises, and the Republicans can go back to being happily led by someone who fits better with established norms.

Also: with impeachment, a raging Trump will be ranting on TV and twitter nonstop. If he's in a high-end asylum, his babysitters can send out regular polite messages supporting Republican causes, and otherwise he's gone.
    Decided to check on here on last time before laying down.

And fuck...... I hate to say it but you're right. Didn't see the mentally ill defense to escape for some reason.....

I retract my previous statement. Impeachment is still superior to them using mental illness to avoid it all as that would dodge all accountability and actually try and get sympathy for the traitorous old man.

Yeah, screw it, go for impeachment.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Decided to check on here on last time before laying down.

And fuck...... I hate to say it but you're right. Didn't see the mentally ill defense to escape for some reason.....

I retract my previous statement. Impeachment is still superior to them using mental illness to avoid it all as that would dodge all accountability and actually try and get sympathy for the traitorous old man.

Yeah, screw it, go for impeachment.
    Donald Trump would never go for mental illness defense, even if it were true. The guy is pathological, he's a conman with an ego, he can't self reflect and he can't admit that he is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    Donald Trump would never go for mental illness defense, even if it were true. The guy is pathological, he's a conman with an ego, he can't self reflect and he can't admit that he is wrong.
    Fugus is concerned less with how Trump responds and more with how the GOP can spin it in their favor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The Wall is built. It's just not the one he's looking for.

Over 30 high-profile resignations or firings; loss of almost all of his agenda; GOP loss of the House in a matter of days; Trump losing profits and businesses; the world turning against the US; a looming recession brought about by his own words and actions under a tax cut that had no effect, tariffs, inflation and trade wars; and, yes, multiple investigations (more on the way), indictments, plea deals, and convictions.

Trump's shutting down the government. But in more ways than one.

Are we tired.

Of winning.

Yet.
    No one can convince me that Hillary was the worst option in 2016. No one.

I do not regret the vote I cast for her. Not one bit.

I don't care that she was a status quo politician. I don't care that she wasn't progressive. She would have been an extension of Obama's policies and wouldn't have been a tenth the damage Trump caused.

At best Trump revealed to the world what shitbags the GOP have become. But at tremendous damage to the US in the process.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    The good news - and it's not a lot but its something - is that the Joint Chiefs and the US Military's commanders are roundly highly educated and capable men and women, and they can and will act as brakes if things get dangerous.

- - - Updated - - -

But Donald Trump must be removed from office. Soon. This must end.
    If we survive until the blue wave settles into the House and then gets enough momentum going for impeachment . . .

April at the earliest.
    Putin khuliyo