Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post

Has Trump had any significant military milestones?
    The largest conventional bomb was dropped in afghanistan under his watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    The largest conventional bomb was dropped in afghanistan under his watch.
    Which was not a thing he was told about before the military did it. Nor is it actually a significant event.

I would argue the cruise missile strike on that airbase in Syria (or apparently Iraq, since Trump wasn't clear on that point) was actually extremely significant, and it forced the Russians to reconsider their operations a fair bit. Since then we have dozens of lethal engagements with Russian mercenaries, turning Syria into a full proxy war. That isn't necessarily a good thing, but it is a major milestone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    He defeated Isis, mostly by saying they are now defeated.
    "Mission Accomplished" 2.0
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Which was not a thing he was told about before the military did it. Nor is it actually a significant event.
    It was me being facetious.

Hilarious watching former Trump supporters realize just how fucking stupid they've been the whole time:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Hilarious watching former Trump supporters realize just how fucking stupid they've been the whole time:
    Let's not pretend they've actually learned anything, and will assuredly be fooled by the next elephant sized conman to whisper sweet nothings into their vacuous ears.

Democrats have held our government hostage for weeks, but thanks to President @realDonaldTrump's leadership, the government will reopen and federal workers will be paid in the next few days.
    https://twitter.com/GOP/status/1089191237851271170?s=19

Some North Korea propaganda stuff right here.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post

This isn't surprising in the least. There's been a month of GOP supporters blaming Democrats for the shutdown claiming that they are the ones hurting the federal workers by not rolling over and giving Trump his wall money. Not unexpected for the GOP to jump right on that bullshit and keep it going.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    By withdrawal he meant to replace the old ones with new ones.

Has Trump had any significant military milestones?
    Even if he follows through eventually, it seems extremely foolish to trust Trump. Wait until he does it, then gloat. For all we know, by the time the actual withdrawal starts, Pence would be president and the whole thing halted.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account

How can we monetize hitting these people with facts all day? The MSM seems to be afraid of them.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    How can we monetize hitting these people with facts all day? The MSM seems to be afraid of them.
    I'm sure it'd be easier to monetize hitting these people, period.

I'm sure one of the MMA/Boxing channels will televise it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know you are kidding, but Webster’s trolling Trump is monetizing with facts. It’s a direct driver for hits to the dictionary.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

US economy lost at least $6 billion during shutdown, according to S&P https://t.co/IFUIM75ywY https://t.co/Lysjt695pX
    https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1...682294789?s=19

The Orange Moron sinks our economy as if it was one of his businesses.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1...682294789?s=19

The Orange Moron sinks our economy as if it was one of his businesses.
    The only money the Trump administration has made with any of its decisions is the Mueller investigation.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

As we knew would come to pass, the GOP are devouring themselves from within:

The TL;DR is basically Republicans throwing shit at each other and Trump over the 35-day Shutdown that put 800k people through hell for absolutely nothing and TANKING the public opinion of the GOP in general.

I'm betting Trump unwittingly minted a few new Democrats from the people affected. I know for a fact he and the GOP in general lost a ton of support from some of my conservative friends (anecdotal, but true whether or not you choose to believe me).
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2019-01-27 at 09:07 AM.

The TL;DR is basically Republicans throwing shit at each other and Trump over the 35-day Shutdown that put 800k people through hell for absolutely nothing and TANKING the public opinion of the GOP in general.

I'm betting Trump unwittingly minted a few new Democrats from the people affected. I know for a fact he and the GOP in general lost a ton of support from some of my conservative friends (anecdotal, but true whether or not you choose to believe me).
    That title alone really makes you wonder why they didn't think of that two years ago. How did they not see this coming?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

It isn't just 800k though. It is 800k federal employees and their families. The shutdown personally affected millions of people, not to mention those inconvenienced by airports, museums and national parks closing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd12345 View Post
    yo mericans explain this to me please.

in 2020 you have a census right? so there will be loads of gerrymandering after that. Who has the potential to gain more, gop or dems? and can one side effectively lock the other out for a generation?
    Trump’s team’s effort to add a citizenship question, implies they are concerned with what will happen. Supreme Court refused to listen to it...

Edit: The last election implies places like California and NY, might get a few more electoral votes.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd12345 View Post
    yo mericans explain this to me please.

in 2020 you have a census right? so there will be loads of gerrymandering after that. Who has the potential to gain more, gop or dems? and can one side effectively lock the other out for a generation?
    There are relatively few states that are gerrymandered in dems favor. There are a BUNCH gerrymandered in the GOPs favor. Just getting rid of a lot of the gerrymanders would be a huge gain for the dems. So, essentially because gerrymandering already favors the GOP so much, they don't stand to gain much no matter what happens, but are open to huge losses.

Edit: figured I might as well add a source. 4x as many gop favored gerrymanders as dem favored gerrymanders.
    Last edited by Ripster42; 2019-01-27 at 04:18 PM.

I see trump is tweeting out lies and bull bleep numbers about illegal immigration. Amazing once more the "Woke" trumpkins who swear they know the real news or the truth, follow this buffoon.

I'm steadfast in saying "yes, trump is a compulsive liar", but more likely the con man knows who his marks are and are truly this gullible. You foolish trumpkins.