10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucks01 View Post
    In the beautiful Midwest, windchill temperatures are reaching minus 60 degrees, the coldest ever recorded. In coming days, expected to get even colder. People can’t last outside even for minutes. What the hell is going on with Global Waming? Please come back fast, we need you!

I know this has been linked. But here are my thoughts. Fuck that motherfucker. I have a lot of family in the midwest, god forbid someone gets a flat tire or an emergency happens you will die in that weather and hes making jokes about global warming.
    Or 'lovely' weather in FL has been 80 and humid one day the 50/40 humid and raining the next. Up and down every day. 40 doesn't sound bad in dry environments. It's hell in wet environments.

But that wind you guys are getting...best of luck. I know how to hunker down for story weather but being stuck inside during a winter storm sounds hellacious.

With access to some of the top scientists in the world...shows how much POTUS listens to his colleagues.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    With access to some of the top scientists in the world...shows how much POTUS listens to his colleagues.
    Plenty when they confirm his preconceived notions. Otherwise he just says he disagrees and disregards them. You know, like with the climate change report his own administration put out saying that it's absolutely a thing and we absolutely need to do something to address it.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...security-talks

It looks like Graham is looking at ways to help Trump get his wall. His latest tactic is adding a debt limit increase to the bill. It sure is odd to see Republicans proposing increases to the debt limit given that they've fought against it so hard in the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by some guy View Post
    I should probably start with putting on pants.
    Here is a live view of Seattle... like I keep saying... the people in shorts and the sun, is all an illusion created by a wall of rain.

http://greenlakeboatrentals.net/green-lake-webcam/
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    His latest tactic is adding a debt limit increase to the bill.
    His solution is to take a third hostage? Won't the House just vote on a clean debt limit increase, hand it to the Senate, and say "Your move motherfucker?"

EDIT: Also, the GOP had to change their mind on debt limit after the tax cut for the rich. $1 trillion in borrowing for the second year in a row!

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    His solution is to take a third hostage? Won't the House just vote on a clean debt limit increase, hand it to the Senate, and say "Your move motherfucker?"

EDIT: Also, the GOP had to change their mind on debt limit after the tax cut for the rich. $1 trillion in borrowing for the second year in a row!
    Considering that the $1.5 trillion tax cut had no major impact on business spending...well, I think most of that aren't libertarian or right-wingers knew trickle down never worked.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Don't count Florida out so soon! We will save a lot money in Summer and Fall due to the superhurricanes.

: points at forehead: Can't run up an electric bill if you don't have power.
    San Diego is looking good in light blue. Time to go geothermal.

https://apnews.com/0e34832e77f945c0bd8aefdb1facb1af

The Pentagon is again sending more troops to the border. After this latest crop, we'll have 80% of the troops on the southern border as we are apparently sending to Columbia. So about 4,000 according to estimates.

What pernicious threat are they defending us from? Some tired, hungry, sick, scared refugees coming up seeking asylum. They're not actually protecting though as they aren't actually allowed to engage in those activities, but they are setting up more temporary fencing and more mobile surveillance and monitoring.

https://apnews.com/0e34832e77f945c0bd8aefdb1facb1af

The Pentagon is again sending more troops to the border. After this latest crop, we'll have 80% of the troops on the southern border as we are apparently sending to Columbia. So about 4,000 according to estimates.

What pernicious threat are they defending us from? Some tired, hungry, sick, scared refugees coming up seeking asylum. They're not actually protecting though as they aren't actually allowed to engage in those activities, but they are setting up more temporary fencing and more mobile surveillance and monitoring.
    Better San Diego than Afghanistan or the Midwest. It was 72F this weekend with a low of 52F.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...idUSKCN1PN346?

(Reuters) - U.S. firearms sales fell 6.1 percent in 2018, according to industry data reported on Tuesday, marking the second straight year of declines and extending the “Trump slump” following the November 2016 election of pro-gun rights President Donald Trump.

The National Shooting Sports Foundation estimated 2018 sales at 13.1 million firearms, down from 14 million the previous year and down 16.5 percent from record 2016 sales of 15.7 million.

A previous boom that saw gun sales double over a decade through 2016 corresponded largely with Democratic President Barack Obama’s time in office, when fears that gun control laws would be enacted drove gun aficionados to stock up.
    Man is it amusing to me that under Trump, a man who banned bump stocks when Obama wouldn't and who has at multiple times openly mused about taking peoples guns from them without due process and consequently the greatest potential threat to the Second Amendment in years as a result, gun sales are still down.

Guess when you don't have a Democratic president to strawman that gun-lovers don't feel the need to expand their collections.

Report: Majority of Clemson’s black players skipped White House visit
    https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...mpression=true

Even more telling, most of Clemson’s white players were in attendance while nearly three-fourths of the school’s black football players took a hard pass on the chance to eat cold fries with the president of people who eat salads from McDonald’s.
    https://www.theroot.com/exclusive-cl...-do-1832135329

To be fair if you choose to read the story, some white players and the black players mentioned stated trump was the reason they skipped.

So in short, the majority of white players showed up and the majority of African American players skipped.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    So in short, the majority of white players showed up and the majority of African American players skipped.
    Makes you (well, at least me) wonder if these decisions end up having any impacts on the players relationships with each other. Because it seems like choosing whether to go or not sends a pretty strong message one way or the other, regardless of if it's intended or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...idUSKCN1PN346?

Man is it amusing to me that under Trump, a man who banned bump stocks when Obama wouldn't and who has at multiple times openly mused about taking peoples guns from them without due process and consequently the greatest potential threat to the Second Amendment in years as a result, gun sales are still down.

Guess when you don't have a Democratic president to strawman that gun-lovers don't feel the need to expand their collections.
    Or: With the economy in the shitter, given the choice between buying more guns and rent....oh who am I kidding, nevermind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I like that they responded to it like Trump was a child so they drew a cartoon.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I like that they responded to it like Trump was a child so they drew a cartoon.
    Apparently his security briefings are done the same way. Multiple sources have said that Trump doesn't do well with blocks of words, so they give him lots of simplified visual aids, and try to keep the his attention by keeping it short and interactive. It doesn't work:

Quote Originally Posted by Washington Post
    The meetings were often dominated by whatever topic most interested the president that day. Trump would discuss the news of the day or a tweet he sent about North Korea or the border wall — or anything else on his mind, two people familiar with the briefings said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Apparently his security briefings are done the same way. Multiple sources have said that Trump doesn't do well with blocks of words, so they give him lots of simplified visual aids, and try to keep the his attention by keeping it short and interactive. It doesn't work:
    His briefings are like the Reddit EILI5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    They should hire some people with a graphic design background or a cartoonist to better communicate with the President.
    Or use sock puppets.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    I wonder if they've resorted to using that clicker dog trainers use?
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't care if he committed tax fraud. Scoring political victories and crushing the aspirations of your political opponents is more important than adhering to moral principles.
    Well at least they're being honest now.

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    I wonder if they've resorted to using that clicker dog trainers use?
    If how hes grown is any indication they are using chicken nuggets as treats.