Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    You know, some people think he's winking at a certain segment of his supporters with his Tweets, because that segment eats it up when the left spins out on whatever exaggeration or turn of phrase Trump happens to use.
    I know, the same bunch of mental midgets that thinks he plays 4D chess with the media. Ignoring how he is quite literally obbsesed with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reading the whole series of Tweets, he's got to be trolling. "...being, like, really smart."

I don't buy it, he's trolling. He's having a laugh.
    Which really isn't how we should want our president to be acting. So that's not really much of a defense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reading the whole series of Tweets, he's got to be trolling. "...being, like, really smart."

Him trolling, doesn’t make it better. I don’t remember when trolling became and excuse, instead of an accusation. Who am I kidding... November 9th 2016... I’m sure every idiot on the planet became a troll that moment.

- - - Updated - - -

You know, some people think he's winking at a certain segment of his supporters with his Tweets, because that segment eats it up when the left spins out on whatever exaggeration or turn of phrase Trump happens to use.
    This doesn’t make sense... is Trump antagonizing liberals or are liberals exaggerating? You do know that pissing people off is not a difficult thing to do? Here is a frame work, as an example: Your mother is so [insert adjective] when she [insert action] [insert result emphasizing the adjective].

Any 6 year old can do it...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Him trolling, doesn’t make it better. I don’t remember when trolling became and excuse, instead of an accusation. Who am I kidding... November 9th 2016... I’m sure every idiot on the planet became a troll that moment.
    I don't intend to excuse it, I think it's one of his weak points, his tweets.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    I have a rule in life:

If you feel the need to call yourself a Genius to others - you're not a genius.

This rule also applies to people who have to remind others they're "the boss". You can be a boss by title, but clearly not of the people if you have to tell them that.

- - - Updated - - -

This, my friends, is what a "Human Error 404" looks like.

You can just tell Dacien is in desperation mode trying to convince himself of this, and anyone can see even HE isn't buying his own words. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't intend to excuse it, I think it's one of his weak points, his tweets.
    Yeah, sorry, I tend to ignore white space... like “some people think”... it’s kind of pointless... you are thinking it, just using “some people” to distance your self from the excuse. Just so you can say this... It’s a joke...

Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

You can just tell Dacien is in desperation mode trying to convince himself of this. :P
    The way it's crafted, I just don't buy it. I'm sure there are examples of tweets that I would believe were trump stabbing his finger at the phone screen in a fit of passion, but this ain't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

You can just tell Dacien is in desperation mode trying to convince himself of this, and anyone can see even HE isn't buying his own words. :P
    It seems to be the rhetoric of most Trumpettes at this point. Anyone who even remotely took him seriously in 2016 has doubled back onto the "H-He's just trolling" train.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    See, here is the problem with that argument and most others that Trump supporters use. At face value it is still terrible for the country. The president is elected to serve the entirety of the American people, not just his base. It has to be that way for democracy to survive, you can't just make "evil liberals" second class citizens for 4-8 years, and then be stunned when it comes back on you next time around. "The left" consists of Americans, they are not the enemy, and official statements with no purpose other then to enrage them is disgusting and extremely damaging to the nation.

I personally don't believe Trump is trolling at all, I think he is attempting to defend himself, and he is too wildly narcissistic to realize how absurd it looks to everyone else. Trump doesn't understand the real world, he grew up wealthy, and has never valued objective counsel, surrounding himself with sycophants and yes-men for more then half a century now. He believes the Presidency is an authoritarian position, and he sincerely believes that his words will change peoples minds and shape reality. While they do appear to change reality for the most ignorant of his supporters, Trump is not convincing anyone that wasn't already convinced, his base is not growing, it is shrinking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sormine View Post
    It seems to be the rhetoric of most Trumpettes at this point. Anyone who even remotely took him seriously in 2016 has doubled back onto the "H-He's just trolling" train.
    It’s always been his train. I think half the season of South Park last year made fun of it.

Edit: 2 years ago... Fuck you new year...

Quote Originally Posted by Sormine View Post
    Remember when people, even Dumbass Dump himself, said "He's going to act more presidential when he takes office"?

We must remind people of all the stupid that fuckwit has done, least we forget under the mountain of new stupid shit he's done.

I wish he'd stop, or at least clean it up.
    Of course you do. Because ultimately you guys are responsible for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    See, here is the problem with that argument and most others that Trump supporters use. At face value it is still terrible for the country. The president is elected to serve the entirety of the American people, not just his base. It has to be that way for democracy to survive, you can't just make "evil liberals" second class citizens for 4-8 years, and then be stunned when it comes back on you next time around. "The left" consists of Americans, they are not the enemy, and official statements with no purpose other then to enrage them is disgusting and extremely damaging to the nation.

I personally don't believe Trump is trolling at all, I think he is attempting to defend himself, and he is too wildly narcissistic to realize how absurd it looks to everyone else. Trump doesn't understand the real world, he grew up wealthy, and has never valued objective counsel, surrounding himself with sycophants and yes-men for more then half a century now. He believes the Presidency is an authoritarian position, and he sincerely believes that his words will change peoples minds and shape reality. While they do appear to change reality for the most ignorant of his supporters, Trump is not convincing anyone that wasn't already convinced, his base is not growing, it is shrinking.
    Well, they have a purpose. Here, to defend himself against the Wolff claims. He just includes these little side things that most people would brush off as an odd turn of phrase ("...being, like, really smart"), but his serious detractors will write columns about.

How many times has Trump actually said 'I was just joking'? How many times have his followers come up with explanations as to what he really meant, only to be contradicted the very next day by Trump himself?

If you think Trump doesn't want everything he says to be taken seriously, you have no logical reason to back up that belief.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Well, they have a purpose. Here, to defend himself against the Wolff claims. He just includes these little side things that most people would brush off as an odd turn of phrase ("...being, like, really smart"), but his serious detractors will write columns about.
    But the entire defense consisted of "Nuh uh, I am totally the smartest person eber"... That doesn't do a lot to inspire confidence in either his mental competence or his fitness for office, which was the subject of the attack he was defending against in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account

First stage is denial.

And if it's all as fake as he claims, he has nothing to worry about since he can drag Wolff through the coals in court over it.

But instead he's running to Twitter to brag about his "intelligence" and having a temper tantrum that he stupidly let a journalist known for this kind of behavior loose in the White House for pretty much a full year, and his staff gave him unprecedented access.

But here you are defending him anyways.

Also, we shouldn't celebrate a president "trolling" like a really bad teenager. Like...how anyone ever thinks that's a good thing is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

But here you are defending him anyways.
    I'm not defending him.

I'm not defending him.
    Nah, you're not. You just attach yourself to every argument, action, and partisan statement that absolves him of any responsibility in anything he does. The fact you even framed the ridiculousness of Grassley and Graham as "possibly the real scandal" says it all.

It's an odd turn of phrase because it's overwhelmingly used by high schoolers. The pretzel you twist yourself into defending and dismissing his nonsense, which is far from normal and in no way "a little side thing", is exactly why you find yourself having to defend your absurdity.

Or McCarthy's absurdity. The two seem to have no discernible difference for some odd reason.