10+ Year Old Account
    The US Chamber of Commerce comes out against the declaration of "national security lol".

The organization's president Thomas Donohue wrote Friday that a decision to reallocate funding for a border wall, thereby circumventing Congress' appropriations powers, through a national emergency would "erode" the U.S. system of government.

"We have long fought against attempts by the executive branch to usurp the powers of Congress and to create law, such as we have seen in recent decades with the rise of the regulatory administrative state," Donohue wrote in a statement, adding: "We have also fought against attempts by the Congress to usurp the power of the executive."

"The declaration of national emergency in this instance will create a dangerous precedent that erodes the very system of government that has served us so well for over 200 years," Donohue continued.

"The U.S. Chamber urges the president not to attempt to declare a national emergency. Instead, we urge the president and members of Congress of both parties to negotiate and find common ground on immigration and border security."
    Also, let's hear from this former Representative:

Former Rep. Mike Rogers told CNN on Friday that McConnell was not happy to endorse Trump's plan to declare a national emergency in order to reallocate funding for construction of a border wall.

“You’re watching Mitch McConnell eat a manure sandwich in this whole process," Rogers said, adding that McConnell was most concerned with averting another government shutdown.

"You can tell, in the mannerisms, in the body language, in the language itself, of Mitch McConnell...he's where he is because he thought it would be expedient to make sure the government didn't shut down," he added.

"He's not yet enjoying that manure sandwich this morning," he quipped again, moments later.
    "Sounds like a Democrat to me."

He's a Republican.

"Okay, but he's probably some no-name Rep."

He was in office seven terms. He headed the HIC for two of them, 2011 to 2015. Yes, he worked personally with McConnell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    It kind of feels like the problem they have with Sharia law is the word 'Sharia', not the part about the laws themselves.
    What can you do... just rock the Casbah... so sad that it’s still relevant.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    God knows what thread to put it in these days but, this is as good as any...

National Emergency officially declared.
    Trump is discovering new levels of stupid every day.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account

Strap in, this is gonna be fun

“We will then be sued,” after signing the declaration, Trump says.

“And we will possibly get a bad ruling, he says: “And then we’ll end up in the Supreme Court.”
    lmao, he hopes his sycophants in SC will save him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    lmao, he hopes his sycophants in SC will save him.
    That's what Rapey McKavanaugh was put there for. Wasn't Trump the one that said "We'll see how he turns out" when it came to protecting his tax returns?

Jim Acosta, who the president doesn’t like, asks Trump why he is declaring a national emergency at a time when statistics show undocumented immigration has just dropped to its lowest level in a decade.

“You don’t really believe that stat do you?” Trump says. That stat comes from his own government.

Trump says he has seen statistics which contradict the numbers reported by the government’s Customs and Border Protection bureau.

The president is asked where he is getting those statistics from.

“I use many stats,” Trump says.
    Trump uses bullshit he can't back up when asked about it live lol

10+ Year Old Account
    This is evidence he'll almost certainly be asked to present when challenged in the courts.

Since this evidence does not exist, it will be added to the other lying reasons he wants the Wall.

Trump did what every scummy ceo does, abuse the rules to fuck over democracy. Heres your cake america. Now eat it, all of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump, desperate to deflect attention from his failing...

(checks news)

...everything, moves the goalposts on his failure in North Korea by saying Obama would have waged war on North Korea.

Obama had eight years. He didn't do it. Again, Trump said he would get the best bestiest best deal, NK played him for a fool in exchange for a hamburger, and now Trump is trying "it could be worse if it was someone else with experience".

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    It was funny watching live how he would just spew the 1st thing that popped into his mind

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    That's what Rapey McKavanaugh was put there for. Wasn't Trump the one that said "We'll see how he turns out" when it came to protecting his tax returns?
    He might be the only one who does vote in Trump's favor. I cant see the rest of the Republicans on the court agreeing, since this is such an overreach of authority.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't care if he committed tax fraud. Scoring political victories and crushing the aspirations of your political opponents is more important than adhering to moral principles.
    Well at least they're being honest now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lorddrako View Post
    It was funny watching live how he would just spew the 1st thing that popped into his mind
    "I know but I'm not telling" is something special coming from the White House. It's not like such data would be classified. It is, however, fictional.

Nothing new there, unfortunately.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    He might be the only one who does vote in Trump's favor. I cant see the rest of the Republicans on the court agreeing, since this is such an overreach of authority.
    I'm going to go with my usual "expect the worst" thought process and say they agree with Trump.

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    "I know but I'm not telling" is something special coming from the White House. It's not like such data would be classified. It is, however, fictional.
    It was funny when he got in an argument with the reporter over these fictional numbers.

Reporter: the numbers of your agencies dont back your numbers up
    Trump: i use lots of sources not only them
    Reporter: can you share that info with us
    Trump: sit down next question

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to look at it from this perspective in my opinion.

Trump supporters don't care about, truth, decency, respect to law and order. They care about what he tries to do, that is put immigrants on the level of animals, to abuse power to hit all those supporters find enemies to their believes. Someone that validates their insecurities and fear of what they don't know or understand.

So they are going to be pleased with this and even if it doesn't work out, it's going to be fault of everyone else, other politicians and judges that don't listen to him, i wouldn't be surprised if he tries to get people to get angry at the courts and judges, Wouldn't be surprised if someone got shot again.

All Trump needs is a pasty, he isn't punished for his failures, he's only punished for not trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    All Trump needs is a pasty
    I'm really sorry, but, did you mean pasty, patsy, or pastry? Trump loves avoiding blame, is a giant obese fatass, and loves big fake tits, so you're really going to have to clarify.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I'm really sorry, but, did you mean pasty, patsy, or pastry? Trump loves avoiding blame, is a giant obese fatass, and loves big fake tits, so you're really going to have to clarify.
    yeah meant patsy

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump calls Coulter a covfefe girl and that he doesn't know her.

When the chips are down, these... these conservative people, they'll eat each other.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump expresses dismay that Congress, one member in particular (*cough* Paul Ryan *cough*) didn't move on the Wall faster.

"I mean, they were supposed to do their job and push for something the American people neither need, nor want, nor can afford. What else were they supposed to do while I was golfing and tweeting?" Trump added from the WH Rose Garden, the only outdoors he can reach because he's too fat to fit through the front doors.

Trump while announcing emergency, "I didn't need to do this."
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..