Trump doesn't let facts get in his way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    If I was Trump I'd be pissed off too, I gotta be honest. He's had his entire first two years hamstrung by a BS allegation that others, including myself, were warning was a wash way back in 2017. He wasn't able to work out deals with foreign leaders, trade deals etc., because they would ask him, "Will you be around to see the deal through?" Talk about infuriating. And now they want to do it all over again. Requesting testimony from all the same people, all the way back to Hope Hicks. Cory Lewendowski and God knows who else is probably on the long list of people Congressional Democrats want to trot out before their committees.

I'm sure this puts the crosshairs on me, that I'm a terrible person for speaking for Trump, but all I'm saying is, if I was Trump, I'd be livid.
    This is a "bit" of a revision of history in that none of these things happened. He wasn't hamstrung. In the US, he had all 3 branches of government and didn't even need democrat support for most of what he wanted to pass - and democrats tried to work with him multiple times for what he did pass. He failed. No one else takes the blame for his failures.

Internationally, no one ever expressed concern because of anything to do with Mueller. Every single complaint has been about his own behavior and his own incompetence with deals.

Yes, sometimes the right wing is at fault for their immense sea of fuckups.

If I was Trump I'd be pissed off too, I gotta be honest. He's had his entire first two years hamstrung by a BS allegation that others, including myself, were warning was a wash way back in 2017. He wasn't able to work out deals with foreign leaders, trade deals etc., because they would ask him, "Will you be around to see the deal through?"
    Realisticly, I think the more likely reason is that foreign leaders know that Trump's word is worth less than dog shit, so why even try to make a deal they know that he will back out of?

If I was Trump I'd be pissed off too, I gotta be honest. He's had his entire first two years hamstrung by a BS allegation that others, including myself, were warning was a wash way back in 2017. He wasn't able to work out deals with foreign leaders, trade deals etc., because they would ask him, "Will you be around to see the deal through?" Talk about infuriating. And now they want to do it all over again. Requesting testimony from all the same people, all the way back to Hope Hicks. Cory Lewendowski and God knows who else is probably on the long list of people Congressional Democrats want to trot out before their committees.

I'm sure this puts the crosshairs on me, that I'm a terrible person for speaking for Trump, but all I'm saying is, if I was Trump, I'd be livid.
    This is delusional.

#1 They controlled all 3 branches of government when he took office. If he was hamstrung it was by the "freedom" caucus who was so excessively extreme they refused to negotiate.

#2 it's not a BS allegation. The report backs up the allegations. He brought it on himself through his actions and who he chose to hire.

Trump doesn't have the right to be livid because he has refused to cooperate every step of the way while carrying himself like a mob boss. We are at a point where he exceeds the criteria to be impeached by is being protected by the republicans who avoid reality.

I honestly don't understand how the longer this goes on, the more and more he's not guilty of treason.

He committed conspiracy with a hostile foreign government and obstruction into the investigation of that. He is openly lying and continuing to obstruct justice all while shitting on the 1A.

That is treason and he should be pulled out in front of firing squad.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Seriously, what adult says shit like this?
    A lying criminal. Duh.

Trump had a giant gift thrown into the Oval Office: Democrats not just willing, but eager, to help him on one of his biggest campaign promises (biggest by money, that's for sure). Since we know Trump himself isn't answering any questions anyhow, and the Treasury is very likely uninvolved with Infrastructure Week 5: A Wizard Did It, there's no realistic distraction going on here. An innocent man would just let his lawyers continue working while he did the job he was voted for. Instead, he's continuing to push "NO COLLUSION" despite objective evidence of collusion and "NO OBSTRUCTION" despite even Barr saying nothing of the kind.

EDIT: Also drug prices. He's holding his own campaign promises hostage. Either he's incompetent, or he's trying desperately to make his 2020 campaign slogan "They didn't let me but they will next time"
    Last edited by Breccia; 2019-05-22 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Trump Walks Out on Pelosi and Schumer After 3 Minutes

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA fucking child.

Seriously, what adult says shit like this?
    I was reading about that; 'Very, Very, Very Strange.' How Nancy Pelosi's Meeting With Trump Went Down

Pelosi was left waiting for 15 minutes in the White House’s Cabinet Room, along with her colleagues from the House and Senate. The plan was to meet with Trump about a $2 trillion infrastructure plan. Instead, Trump roared into the room, didn’t greet the individuals gathered and declared any cooperation with the Democratic-led House was dead until Democrats ended their investigations. The meeting lasted, according to a Democratic aide, “no more than three minutes.”

Trump then headed to the Rose Garden, where reporters had gathered with little advance notice. In a brief statement, he said he had told the Democrats that he couldn’t work with them “under these circumstances.”

That didn’t seem to affect Pelosi. Appearing midday at a policy conference organized by a liberal think tank, she offered her version of events. “It was very, very, very strange,” Pelosi told a Center for American Progress confab.

That didn’t seem to affect Pelosi. Appearing midday at a policy conference organized by a liberal think tank, she offered her version of events. “It was very, very, very strange,” Pelosi told a Center for American Progress confab.

This from somebody who had worked with three Republican and two Democratic presidents prior to Trump says a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Nothing whatsoever "impromptu" about this speech. This was planned.
    Yeah, when you have to make a poster to slap on your podium, that was definitely planned.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean BS investigation that founds loads of evidence of wrongdoing? Even including Trump saying he was fucked? Get out of here with this bullshit faux outrage.

How do you get hamstrung when your party controls all branches for the first 2 years?

and really 2 years of investigations and you feel bad for him? I could see if they found nothing, but how many people went to jail. how many instances of obstruction were there?

Lets see Obama official republican lead investigations:

Fast and furious:
    Started First investigation 2011-2012 in house
    Second investigation concurrent 2012-2017

Solyndra:
    House Energy - 2011-2012

Benghazi:
    Senate intelligence - 2012-2014
    House armed services- 2012-2014
    House foreign affairs- 2012-2014
    Senate homeland sec- 2012-2013
    House Judiciary- 2012-2013
    House Oversight- 2012-2014
    House intelligence - 2012-2014
    Select committee - 2014-2017

IRS targeting:
    House oversight- 2013-2015
    Senate finance - 2013-2015

Obama administration totaled over 8,400 days of investigation, from launch to final report. That’s 23 years of probes covering an eight-year administration.

The botched 2014 launch of the Affordable Care Act website:
    The rollout was the subject of hearings by the Energy and Commerce Oversight and Investigations Subcommittee, the Senate Finance Committee, the House Ways and Means Committee, and the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

But I am sure Trump had problems with those investigations too right, consistency right??

Searches through the Trump Twitter Archive, Trump tweeted 15 times on Solyndra, 13 times on Fast & Furious, three times about the IRS bias controversy, 58 times on Benghazi, and 28 times about the problems of the Affordable Care Act website. None of which asked them to end, called then a witch hunt or anything but support.

I won't even get started with those people in the Obama Administration, we could be here forever just listing the email investigations

2 Years out of office and....

- they still want emails investigated.
    - Uranium deals
    - more IRS investigations
    - investigate warrants during election
    - investigation into the FBI against trump campaign
    - investigation of Obama justice dept.
    etc etc etc.

But let them investigate, THIS IS THEIR FUCKING JOB. Why be afraid if you did nothing wrong?

Reagan was under investigation for Iran-Contra.

Clinton was …. (well you know).

Bush was under investigation over Iraq & so called weapon of mass destruction. If it wasn't for Nancy Pelosi (just like now) the Democratic congress would have initiated impeachment proceedings against him.

Obama has his share of investigations also.

Not one of them tried to hold the legislation process as a hostage against Congressional oversight.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    And how do you monitor that pollution?

You think the Chinese government would voluntarily let US regulators monitor and audit their businesses and impose penalties that harm their own interests (via taxing the US/multinational companies contracting to them into oblivion)?

What possible reason would they have to cooperate with the US in anyway whatsoever in that regard? They would essentially be ceding some of their own sovereignty to, from their perspective, a hostile foreign power... And they would stand to gain nothing from such a 'deal', the results of it could literally only prove detrimental to them.
    Their businesses already let the govt finance departments regulate, monitor and audit their businesses and impose penalties that harm their own interest. Ever hear of a little company called Huawei Technologies??

We already audit and inspect goods coming from china and often impose penalities and outright refusal of sales rights of those goods because of environmental problems (lead in toys, paint, etc)

You act like this is new.

They would gain unfettered access to the most profitable market in the world.
    If they don't like it they can move on or deal with the environmental taxes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Their businesses already let the govt finance departments regulate, monitor and audit their businesses and impose penalties that harm their own interest. Ever hear of a little company called Huawei Technologies??

We already audit and inspect goods coming from china and often impose penalities and outright refusal of sales rights of those goods because of environmental problems (lead in toys, paint, etc)

You act like this is new.

They would gain unfettered access to the most profitable market in the world.
    If they don't like it they can move on or deal with the environmental taxes.
    Finding lead in toys or backdoors in computer hardware that has already been shipped to the US is not the same thing as auditing factories in China to determine whether they are polluting the environment and to what extent; which is what he suggested.

They are not even remotely similar, don't be disingenuous.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    You mean BS investigation that founds loads of evidence of wrongdoing? Even including Trump saying he was fucked? Get out of here with this bullshit faux outrage.
    That too! He knew he was screwed, because "Once you get these special counsels your presidency is over" or something to that effect. Congress or not, a cloud hung over his presidency and still does over a very, very serious charge of conspiring with a hostile foreign nation to steal an election. He'll never get the stain of collusion out despite the fact that that was the one thing Mueller's report actually did vindicate him on.

Trump is who he is so I don't think it moves the needle one way or the other for very many people. But I do imagine he's got to be pretty much fed up with this by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstream View Post
    Yea ... I think we can all agree that was not his reasoning for saying that. Nice try.
    Sure it was. When you read the full quote. And I mean, there was no collusion, so what would he even be saying that for other than the political consequences?

Edit: I guess I should say "the full section" of the Mueller report. It's a few sentences, but ends with this:

"Everyone tells me if you get one of these special counsels it ruins your presidency. It takes years and years and I won't be able to do anything. This is the worst thing that ever happened to me."
    Last edited by Dacien; 2019-05-22 at 08:51 PM.

I would imagine it has something to do with his current efforts to stonewall every investigation.
    IMPOTUS Donald Trump's presidency summarized:
    -- as he blamed others for the crisis, basked in self-congratulation and xenophobia, and misled the country about his actions so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    He'll never get the stain of collusion out despite the fact that that was the one thing Mueller's report actually did vindicate him on.
    1. No it didn't.
    2. There's this....

10+ Year Old Account
    But I do imagine he's got to be pretty much fed up with this by now.
    Yeah I feel so bad for him.

/s
    Putin khuliyo

If I was Trump I'd be pissed off too, I gotta be honest.
    I mean, even Republicans saw this coming during the primaries. Trump was always so dirty that he was going to be investigated and going to engage in behavior that would lead to investigations of his current behavior. This was a known risk, but Republicans voted for him anyways.

I don't give a shit about his feelings. If he can't take the heat he can always fucking resign.

He's had his entire first two years hamstrung by a BS allegation that others, including myself, were warning was a wash way back in 2017.
    What, specifically, did the investigation prevent him from doing while Republicans controlled the House and Senate?

Specific legislative agendas or policies that you can point directly to the Mueller investigation as "wall" in preventing them from accomplishing?

He wasn't able to work out deals with foreign leaders, trade deals etc., because they would ask him, "Will you be around to see the deal through?" Talk about infuriating.
    Citation needed*

Because it seems more like it's the result of him simply being a fucking awful "dealmaker". I mean, we've seen how easily he's manipulated during meetings with Congressional leadership (remember when Feinstein got him to agree to signing a clean DACA and McCarthy nearly had a heart attack?). Remember when Trump saluted a North Korean general? Remember when he canceled wargames with South Korea while receiving nothing in return from North Korea? Well, except a "very nice note"? The "grand accomplishment" of the USMCA that's functionally NAFTA 1.2?

Sorry, but this is the reality of a chaotic, anarchic, lying loser who sold you all a very obvious batch of snake oil. Why anyone still believes this is living in a fantasy world. Donald Trump is a terrible, awful, no-good dealmaker.

Requesting testimony from all the same people, all the way back to Hope Hicks. Cory Lewendowski and God knows who else is probably on the long list of people Congressional Democrats want to trot out before their committees.
    Yes, because now we know much more about what went on thanks to the Mueller report. Which raised a whole lot more questions than it answered.

You sound like William Barr, Trump's personal attorney.

If that was justification for his behavior then I hope you enjoy every Democratic president from hereon out flagrantly ignoring Congress's Constitutionally granted powers of oversight. I hope you enjoy the precedent set by Trump that "Being angry/frustrated about being investigated" is enough of an excuse to direct their staff to violate the law to protect themselves and likely obstruct justice.

This is your Pandora's Box. You and Republicans are the ones opening it, so don't complain when you find yourselves on the other side of the coin.

Sure it was. When you read the full quote. And I mean, there was no collusion, so what would he even be saying that for other than the political consequences?

Edit: I guess I should say "the full section" of the Mueller report. It's a few sentences, but ends with this:

"Everyone tells me if you get one of these special counsels it ruins your presidency. It takes years and years and I won't be able to do anything. This is the worst thing that ever happened to me."
    Collusion isn't really a legal thing.

Conspiracy is a legal thing and conspiracy was proven for anyone not the sitting POTUS. The problem with shoving your head in the sand is you cannot see the facts.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown