Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    12) DeJoy admits under oath he knows very little about postage stamps. Admittedly, the general of an army probably doesn't need to know how bullets work, but this makes for a laughable sound bite.
    More importantly, Katie Porter essentially got him to admit he doesn't know ANYTHING about the job, did not perform any analysis before implementing the sweeping changes and then let him claim that HE didn't order the changes...and doesn't know who did. But at the same time he said he's not going to order a reversal of the changes and doesn't see why he should resign if the Inspector General finds evidence of wrongdoing on his behalf. None of this is a good look for those who want to keep him in his position.

I just realized, thanks to Jerry Falwell Jr., we'll now have to ask conservatives to specify who they're referring to when they say "libcuck". Because it could be "liberal cuck" or "Liberty University cuck" and I don't want to assume.

41,484 new cases, about 1k...MORE than the previous Monday. Hmm.

California: 6,168 new cases; 105 deaths
    Texas: 4,514 new cases; 59 deaths
    Georgia: 2,304 new cases; 24 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    North Carolina: 2,093 new cases; 22 deaths
    Indiana: 1,660 new cases (new record); 5 deaths
    Alabama: 1,650 new cases; 11 deaths
    Illinois: 1,612 new cases; 8 deaths
    Missouri: 1,458 new cases; 4 deaths
    Kansas: 1,317 new cases (new record); 1 death

As I mentioned a couple weeks ago, cases in Indiana has been on the increase for a while and today was a big, big spike. No telling yet just how bad it is there. It could be a fluke. Their testing has remained fairly consistent the past few weeks so there's no hiding behind those numbers. Kansas, as I've referenced before, has a weird-ass way of reporting where they seem to alternate between partial and full/combined reports, so this might not really be their worst day ever but it's certainly their worst ever combined total.

Speaking of testing, fuck Florida. They've now dropped below 20k daily tests whereas they were doing at least 40k before they shut down for an incoming storm at the end of July. There's no excusing the lapse in bringing those levels back up, especially since they've gone DOWN since they started bringing those testing sites back a week after the storm passed. Testing in Texas hasn't been exemplary either, but they've had moments in the past few weeks where they've spiked well past 100k with the average probably landing around 35k. Not great, but not terrible either. California, by contrast, has been averaging well above 100k since the beginning of July and their positivity rate has stayed around 6% for weeks. The Red States are letting the country down, as usual.

Deaths were slightly lower than last Monday at 510, putting the total at 181,114. I'm hoping the trends are pointing to us seeing sub-1k totals more often this week and possibly beginning September without us hitting that total again but I'm not optimistic that it'll stay that way for very long as various TRUMP SHITSTORMS converge heading into the fall.

Stay safe, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    41,484 new cases, about 1k...MORE than the previous Monday. Hmm.

California: 6,168 new cases; 105 deaths
    Texas: 4,514 new cases; 59 deaths
    Georgia: 2,304 new cases; 24 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    North Carolina: 2,093 new cases; 22 deaths
    Indiana: 1,660 new cases (new record); 5 deaths
    Alabama: 1,650 new cases; 11 deaths
    Illinois: 1,612 new cases; 8 deaths
    Missouri: 1,458 new cases; 4 deaths
    Kansas: 1,317 new cases (new record); 1 death

As I mentioned a couple weeks ago, cases in Indiana has been on the increase for a while and today was a big, big spike. No telling yet just how bad it is there. It could be a fluke. Their testing has remained fairly consistent the past few weeks so there's no hiding behind those numbers. Kansas, as I've referenced before, has a weird-ass way of reporting where they seem to alternate between partial and full/combined reports, so this might not really be their worst day ever but it's certainly their worst ever combined total.

Speaking of testing, fuck Florida. They've now dropped below 20k daily tests whereas they were doing at least 40k before they shut down for an incoming storm at the end of July. There's no excusing the lapse in bringing those levels back up, especially since they've gone DOWN since they started bringing those testing sites back a week after the storm passed. Testing in Texas hasn't been exemplary either, but they've had moments in the past few weeks where they've spiked well past 100k with the average probably landing around 35k. Not great, but not terrible either. California, by contrast, has been averaging well above 100k since the beginning of July and their positivity rate has stayed around 6% for weeks. The Red States are letting the country down, as usual.

Deaths were slightly lower than last Monday at 510, putting the total at 181,114. I'm hoping the trends are pointing to us seeing sub-1k totals more often this week and possibly beginning September without us hitting that total again but I'm not optimistic that it'll stay that way for very long as various TRUMP SHITSTORMS converge heading into the fall.

Stay safe, folks.
    Fuck man, and I'm seriously worried about CA with the fires going on. Everything is pointing to increased spread due to evacuations, more severe infections due to garbage air quality and other problems.

And I'm gonna lobby and start petitioning the US Government to rename "Florida" to "FuckFlorida" until they fuckin get their shit together.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Fuck man, and I'm seriously worried about CA with the fires going on. Everything is pointing to increased spread due to evacuations, more severe infections due to garbage air quality and other problems.

And I'm gonna lobby and start petitioning the US Government to rename "Florida" to "FuckFlorida" until they fuckin get their shit together.
    That implies we had it together to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Watching from the corner... #alpha...
    I mean...everyone has their kinks. What he and his wife like to get up to in the privacy of their bedroom wouldn't (shouldn't) even be an issue if it weren't for the whole "religious fundamentalism" thing.

I heard he thanked his wife Becki for all the work she did in her missionary position...

10+ Year Old Account
    So how bad was the TNC's first night?

This bad:

"Wait, why aren't you showing FOX News?"

Well, the point was that FOX News covered all the material from the DNC because, well, it had emphasis and there was nothing they could deflect with. CNN, by contrast, did have the TNC as its main headline and stories, but had plenty of other things to talk about. Fauci. The recession. Cops gassing protestors. Florida losing its bid to force students into face-to-face classes while they continue lying because Fuck Florida.

But don't worry, they have more speakers lined up tomorrow, Including Trump. Because it's all about Trump.

What? No headline from CNN about this speech and its soundtrack?
    https://twitter.com/MotherJones/stat...s5nF7qZlhr9wp0

bah, I was just starting to take CNN seriously!

Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post

Jesus christ, the more I watch her the more I'm convinced that this is the most elaborate troll ever. She's like, comedically intense and over the top in her speech. Like, a bad acting student giving an over the top speech thinking that shouting and over-emoting is acting.

Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post

Ah the American Dream, fucking a guy because you look like his step-mommy.

Trump supporters are sending this image to each other. I'm convinced they don't know who that actually is standing behind Trump.

https://imgur.com/a/Cp7Wrtt
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-08-25 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Trump supporters are sending this image to each other. I'm convinced they don't know who that actually is standing behind Trump.

https://imgur.com/a/Cp7Wrtt
    Looks like some hippie commie liberal telling people to "love thy neighbor", who fed the hungry, healed the sick, and walked with the undesirables of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    Looks like some hippie commie liberal telling people to "love thy neighbor", who fed the hungry, healed the sick, and walked with the undesirables of his time.
    Yes, but it is in fact his alleged second coming that lived like a hippie while helping people to more quickly meet their maker, and who was sentenced for his sins.
    (But not to death.)

didnt watch the RNC
    anyone have a tldr of the greatest hits?

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1298080921321603073

oh nvm found a thread that kimberly guilfoiyle speech reminded me of hitler

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    didnt watch the RNC
    anyone have a tldr of the greatest hits?

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1298080921321603073

oh nvm found a thread that kimberly guilfoiyle speech reminded me of hitler
    Easy... I think I unintentionally summarized it pretty well in another thread... fix it up a bit: “12 more years to restore peace and prosperity”... Basically, Biden is an extremist leftist, that will send BLM riots and communists to your house, to snatch your guns. The greatest problem the country faces is the extreme left that want your medicare for all and to defund the police. Biden is extremist that wants to do exactly what ever the far left want him to do.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    In an early morning medical triple-whammy,

1) The FDA responds "No, it's not the Deep State that keeps unproven medicine from being approved, it's the fact that it's unproven medicine"

2) Dr. Fauci specifically and directly warns against widespread use of an untested vaccine

3) The WHO points out the therapy method Trump made such a big deal about was still experimental and the results are inconclusive.

Basically, every doctor hired by Trump, or anyone else, is saying "you can't rush this stuff". Trump is ignoring all of that. Why? Because he has a deadline. The reason he's pushing anything/everything/huffing bleach is because, if there's no vaccine, cure, or relief method by re-election, he knows it will hurt his chances. So he's pushing whatever comes across his FB feed, because it's not about helping the American people, it's about him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    In an early morning medical triple-whammy,

1) The FDA responds "No, it's not the Deep State that keeps unproven medicine from being approved, it's the fact that it's unproven medicine"

2) Dr. Fauci specifically and directly warns against widespread use of an untested vaccine

3) The WHO points out the therapy method Trump made such a big deal about was still experimental and the results are inconclusive.

Basically, every doctor hired by Trump, or anyone else, is saying "you can't rush this stuff". Trump is ignoring all of that. Why? Because he has a deadline. The reason he's pushing anything/everything/huffing bleach is because, if there's no vaccine, cure, or relief method by re-election, he knows it will hurt his chances. So he's pushing whatever comes across his FB feed, because it's not about helping the American people, it's about him.
    This should be a learning opportunity for antiVaxxers, to show the risk mitigation involved in vaccine and what government pushing vaccines for personal gain, actually looks like. You can clearly see the contrast...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    So remember the press briefing April 2 where Trump stood before the country, said we were getting medical equipment from Putin, welcomed it, and said "He offered a lot of medical, high-quality stuff that I accepted and that may save a lot of lives."

*ahem*

About that.

1) The number of venitliators was 45. They were flown directly to NYState, where Cuomo had said at the time he needed 30,000 and a number that big he said could only come from the federal government. Cuomo was surprised to see them come from Russia -- he was expecting US stockpile, or US-made, items.

2) Shortly after they arrived, every single one was found to be inoperative.

3) The shipment also came with items not typically used by hospitals for PPE, such as rubber dishwashing gloves. The US was charged $600,000 for these supplies.

4) The deal was supposed to be handled by the State Department, but was instead handled by Kushner and his relationship with Dmitriev. If that name sounds familiar, it should. Dmitriev was mentioned repeatedly in the House and Mueller's reports on attacking the election. He's one of Putin's closest people who was sanctioned for attacking the election.

5) Kushner was mostly in charge of finding medical supplies in Asia and getting them to the US, but stopped trying in May.

It's harder to find a better analogy for Trump's tenure. Working with a dictator/criminal to provide only a small fraction of what's needed, put someone incompetent in charge, give up and go golfing.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Jesus christ, the more I watch her the more I'm convinced that this is the most elaborate troll ever. She's like, comedically intense and over the top in her speech. Like, a bad acting student giving an over the top speech thinking that shouting and over-emoting is acting.
    What made it even more comical is despite how angry and hate-filled the speech was, every so often she would crack a giant, fake, creepy-ass smile, as if she had an acting coach who told her she needed to smile every 15 seconds.

Gavin Newsom must have been watching her speech last night and wondering what the fuck he was thinking marrying her.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020