10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://lawandcrime.com/awkward/barr...-carroll-case/

Barr's DOJ is a fuckin shitshow and keeps fucking up their attempts to get the Carroll defamation case thrown out. Thankfully, corruption often goes hand-in-hand with incompetence.
    That isn't a mistake, that is a delaying tactic. Barr isn't dumb, he knows what documents he didn't provide. He didn't provide them because he knew the court would order him to provide them, and give him several weeks to do so. Trump has no case here, and he knows it, but all he has to do is drag the case past Nov. 3.

On November 4, Trump can give a speech on the White House lawn about how much she deserved to be raped and it won't matter. But he can't have this case actually spill the beans before then.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    On November 4, Trump can give a speech on the White House lawn about how much she deserved to be raped and it won't matter. But he can't have this case actually spill the beans before then.
    I don't agree. If the DoJ is allowed to take over Trump's defense the case can then easily be dismissed. The filing will designate the US--not Trump--as the defendant, moving the case to a federal court. Since federal officials are immune in defamation cases, the case gets dumped.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I don't agree. If the DoJ is allowed to take over Trump's defense the case can then easily be dismissed. The filing will designate the US--not Trump--as the defendant, moving the case to a federal court. Since federal officials are immune in defamation cases, the case gets dumped.
    True, my point is that I don't think he has a snowballs chance of actually getting that result. Barr is going to make sure that nothing in this case moves forward until mid-November, at which point it won't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    True, my point is that I don't think he has a snowballs chance of actually getting that result. Barr is going to make sure that nothing in this case moves forward until mid-November, at which point it won't matter.
    I guess we'll know for sure on Friday since that is the last chance the DoJ has to file the correct documents. If allowed, however, and they take over the defense then that's pretty much the end of it.

https://lawandcrime.com/awkward/barr...-carroll-case/

Barr's DOJ is a fuckin shitshow and keeps fucking up their attempts to get the Carroll defamation case thrown out. Thankfully, corruption often goes hand-in-hand with incompetence.
    Ain't it just great our tax payer money going to try to let a rapist get away with sexual assault?

I sure am glad the taxpayers (including me) are paying for Trump's legal defense [heavy sarcasm tag just to be clear]

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    I sure am glad the taxpayers (including me) are paying for Trump's legal defense [heavy sarcasm tag just to be clear]
    ha! you owe me a coke.

Ok...and? Is this supposed to mean something?
    Justification for supporting a moron.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...s-staff-415206

So piece of shit conspiracy theorist Michael Caputo, the guy who went on the unhinged rant about how government scientists are committing "sedition", admits he didn't even fucking read the CDC Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Reports that he and his teem keep trying to edit.

Caputo also acknowledged that he had never read one of the CDC's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Reports, despite his team's ongoing efforts to try to edit those documents.

Do people not realize that the fires aren't starting or propagating in forests? They're happening in chaparral/scrubland.

36,447 new cases.

Texas: 4,667 new cases; 148 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    California: 2,822 new cases; 153 deaths
    Missouri: 1,837 new cases; 26 deaths
    Georgia: 1,496 new cases; 45 deaths
    Illinois: 1,466 new cases; 18 deaths
    Wisconsin: 1,348 new cases; 10 deaths
    North Carolina: 1,106 new cases; 51 deaths
    Oklahoma: 1,091 new cases; 7 deaths
    Pennsylvania: 1,036 new cases; 5 deaths

The Midwest continues trending upwards. Wisconsin has had nearly a full week of high numbers. Pennsylvania is on the list again but they've kissed 1k repeatedly for several weeks so I'm not concerned it's a spike just yet. On the bright side California's cases continue to drop while their daily testing remains around 100k. Positivity in California continues dropping and is down near 3% now. Florida, on the other hand isn't being honest. Big duh, I know. But they're doing an average of only 20k tests per day which is bullshit. The positivity there is upwards of 12%--which means they're DEFINITELY not doing enough testing. Texas is also beginning to slack off, often doing fewer than 40k per day with a positivity around 8%. New York crept back up to 1% positivity but so far it looks like they're handling their shit.

1,197 deaths--a bit more than two weeks ago Tuesday--puts the total over 200k as surmised. 200,197 Man that's hard to look at. Especially considering it's likely nowhere near over yet. Europe is beginning to brace for a fall surge...it seems as if the US is going to get caught not paying attention. Again.

Stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    it seems as if the US is going to get caught not paying attention. Again.
    Who could have seen it coming? /facepalm
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Time for another "why the fuck are they letting Trump speak on national TV when he can't even answer questions about policy, has no understanding of.... anything, and can't even just tell the truth?" thread.

How anyone in their right mind can support such an uneducated muppet that is full of huge amounts of utter shite is beyond me.
    S: The US has 4% of the population and more than 20% of the deaths

T: Well, we do much more testing

Holy fucking dog shit for brains. Not enough h's and a's for the amount of crazed laughing that turns to tears that I'm doing over this one.

Must. Hold. On... a little longer!

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Time for another "why the fuck are they letting Trump speak on national TV when he can't even answer questions about policy, has no understanding of.... anything, and can't even just tell the truth?" thread.

How anyone in their right mind can support such an uneducated muppet that is full of huge amounts of utter shite is beyond me.
    How anyone can look at that and say that Trump is playing with more marbles than Biden, or is even a fully functioning human being is beyond me. Like, for all his gaffes and stupidity Biden can sit down and talk policy and stats. He can talk specifics. Trump can barely do more than vomit out a handful of slogans "Democrat run cities" "Sanctuary cities" "Radical leftists" "Herd developed (immunity)" without any any of that actually fuckin means. He goes from attacking "Democrat run cities" to saying he's the president of everyone in the same fuckin sentence, a fuckin contradiction when he frequently talks about hurting or letting those in "Democrat run cities", or states, suffer.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1306050203687026691

This one in particular fuckin gets me. I don't think we have ever had a president this completely and utterly self centered and infatuated with himself. Even if we are to believe this "totally real story that is a thing that really actually happened in real life for realz"...why brag about it? How fucking tacky is that when going on an unfounded, unhinged rant about some fictitious war with North Korea. Just talk about the beautiful love letters with another married man and say you've made more progress by saluting a North Korean general on international cameras than any president ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    As long as you're not all ewoks. I swear, I will come over there and burn those forest cities myself if that's the case.
    Don't worry, didn't you hear? Our trees are already exploding. Soon we have no homes left.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    Don't worry, didn't you hear? Our trees are already exploding. Soon we have no homes left.
    Somehow exploding tree makes me think of quotes like this

"In Australia, the native eucalyptus trees are also known to explode during bush fires due to the high flammability of vaporised eucalyptus oil produced by the tree naturally"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploding_tree

Edit: Should say i did not go to wikipedia directly but googled exploding eucalyptus
    Last edited by Xarkan; 2020-09-16 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Urban forests in Europe have much more wood loading (compared to rural areas) as well as more old growth trees as well.

https://nordicforestresearch.org/wp-...aper-final.pdf
    Now show us a picture of the Rivendell of Austria where all the people live in one giant tree. If you could also give us a picture of the elven city that would be great.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Somehow exploding tree makes me think of quotes like this

"In Australia, the native eucalyptus trees are also known to explode during bush fires due to the high flammability of vaporised eucalyptus oil produced by the tree naturally"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploding_tree

Edit: Should say i did not go to wikipedia directly but googled exploding eucalyptus
    To be honest, the media in my country right now is questioning if he mixed up Austria and Australia. This fucking timeline...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Urban forests in Europe have much more wood loading (compared to rural areas) as well as more old growth trees as well.

https://nordicforestresearch.org/wp-...aper-final.pdf
    He spoke about forest cities. Well, if you're generous, there are - at best - 3 cities in Austria- and while all of them have some trees and parks - urban forests? Have you ever been to one of these cities? One of them is literally known as "Steel City"...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Now show us a picture of the Rivendell of Austria where all the people live in one giant tree. If you could also give us a picture of the elven city that would be great.
    Our sources tell us that Joe Biden is constructing a new battlestation in orbit above the forest moon of Austria. Many Bothans died to bring us this information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Our sources tell us that Joe Biden is constructing a new battlestation in orbit above the forest moon of Austria. Many Bothans died to bring us this information.
    I personally would have changed "Bothans" to "Qanons" but otherwise well done.

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck Florida.