https://twitter.com/colvinj/status/1315753560714379265

He always was really unfit, but now he can't even use the AF1 main stairs anymore... I thought he was cured from Covid?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    What did the WHO say? How did they say it and when?
    This is what happens when you piss off Vince McMahon... he hires you to be a joke... here is WWF doing this joke for a solid 4 min...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    Was Abraham Lincoln a bad guy?
    Are theaters evil?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    https://twitter.com/colvinj/status/1315753560714379265

He always was really unfit, but now he can't even use the AF1 main stairs anymore... I thought he was cured from Covid?
    It's been a while since I've seen schematics and I'm sure things have changed since then, but IIRC that entrance is really near the AF1 med bay.

Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    This is what happens when you piss off Vince McMahon... he hires you to be a joke... here is WWF doing this joke for a solid 4 min...

Actually, if you piss him off enough, he'll release a video documenting how bad a wrestler you are. Like what happened to the Ultimate Warrior. Or not mention you at all until you're dead, like Macho Man Randy Savage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    It's not just unethical. It might not even be possible. We don't know how long antibodies persist. Some people tested negative for antibodies within weeks of being infected.
    And think of viruses in a larger scale. If "herd immunity" was a legitimate way of getting rid of viruses as a natural process, there wouldn't be viruses anymore. Which is clearly not the case.

It's almost as if they've adapted to persist over the millions and millions of years they've been around, back before things like vaccines existed, because they could mutate and find new populations to infect faster than any "herd immunity" could develop.

The herd immunity excuse is just that... an excuse to do nothing, as is Trump's M.O, with the vague assurance that things will take care of themselves.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    This kind of response really bugs me, though, because herd immunity includes vaccinations. Our goal with measles, for example, is a herd immunity approach in a very real sense. It would be far better for them to refer to it as a "herd immunity strictly through recovery alone" approach, but that's a mouthful.
    I mean...that's a problem with people using a shorthand talking about what they said, not the actual statement itself. If one quotes a few more lines from it, the WHO actually does pretty much exactly that. Like:

Quote Originally Posted by WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus
    “Herd immunity is achieved by protecting people from a virus, not by exposing them to it,” “Never in the history of public health has herd immunity been used as a strategy for responding to an outbreak,” “Allowing a dangerous virus that we don’t fully understand to run free is simply unethical,”
    Those are all lines the article quotes from the statement, but obviously they just all get surmised as "herd immunity is simply unethical".

Mind you though, this is also part of the populistic war on words, really. Herd immunity, in general does refer to 'heard immunity through vaccination' in the scientific community - mostly because the thought of achieving it through recovery alone is kind of silly for a lethal infection - but politicians and surrogates have over the course of this crisis shifted the latter being the first thing that comes to people's minds. It is being framed as 'herd immunity vs lockdowns' as a shorthand that people understand, when in reality it is more akin to 'herd immunity through recovery without lockdowns vs lockdowns and controlled easing of those until we have a vaccine to achieve herd immunity through that'. Mostly because 99% of people stop listening halfway through that sentence, really. Science really has an uphill battle in the current mediascape simply because snappy headlines are all that matters and all that most people even read.

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden was in Toledo today speaking at a UAW plant. For those of you not familiar, Toledo is basically on the Michigan border, making this a two-for-one.

Biden, talking to an area damaged by Trump's failed trade war (the unemployment rate was higher than average even before COVID) played directly to the manufacturing unions common to the area, giving the list of Trump failures to them specifically, and listing things he would do to reverse the damage.

Trump responded with about a dozen protestors and a tweet that didn't even have all caps, claiming Biden let unions down. You can read the tweet from the unemployment line.

Ohio is a pivotal state, and Biden's been up just under a percent for a short time now. 270towin currently has Biden with 290 EC votes. If Biden takes Ohio, he has 308 and more EC votes than Trump had in 2016. If Trump takes Ohio, he gets to lose by slightly less, but he won't even get that without spending the effort. Biden's already there, of course, Trump is likely to follow.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Trump decided to take a swat at Illinois on Twitter (of course) and got one hell of a response from our Governor.

https://twitter.com/JBPritzker/statu...90792808218626

The Wiener's Circle is a staple of Chicago -- where you get great food with all the insults you can handle and then some.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know which is better:

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    from our Governor.
    or

And while you’re in Springfield, you might want to visit the Old State Capitol where Barack Obama announced his historic run for the presidency.

Trump is devoting part of his speech to Puerto Rico. He says, "I'm not gonna say the best, but I'm just about the best thing that ever happened to Puerto Rico. You better vote for me, Puerto Rico." (Puerto Ricans who live in Puerto Rico don't have a vote for president.)
    https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/13...699780615?s=19

Idk if we talk about how he treated Puerto Rico when they needed the most help.

Or....

He still is the dumbest mofo we have not understanding Puerto Rico has this right. Now if wants to make PR a state.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    So Trump decided to take a swat at Illinois on Twitter (of course) and got one hell of a response from our Governor.

https://twitter.com/JBPritzker/statu...90792808218626

The Wiener's Circle is a staple of Chicago -- where you get great food with all the insults you can handle and then some.
    Just had to chuckle because this morning I came across this Onion article: Right-Wing Militia Wondering When Someone Will Notice They’ve Been Holding J.B. Pritzker Hostage For Months
    Putin khuliyo

45,791 new cases, roughly 4k more than last Monday. As a reminder this is an underreport day.

Texas: 3,737 new cases; 15 deaths
    California: 2,979 new cases; 9 deaths
    Tennessee: 2,965 new cases; 7 deaths
    Illinois: 2,742 new cases; 13 deaths
    Wisconsin: 1,956 new cases; 9 deaths
    Michigan: 1,932 new cases; 6 deaths
    Kansas: 1,764 new cases (new record); 10 deaths
    Indiana: 1,574 new cases; 6 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    Ohio: 1,459 new cases; 5 deaths
    Connecticut: 1,339 new cases; 2 deaths
    North Carolina: 1,276 new cases; 3 deaths
    Minnesota: 1,171 new cases; 3 deaths
    New York: 1,150 new cases; 12 deaths
    Missouri: 1,044 new cases; 1 death
    Pennsylvania: 1,025 new cases; 18 deaths

Fourth-highest ever for Tennessee which is among those climbing steeply this past week. It's a new record for Kansas with the caveat that they didn't post any numbers yesterday. They have a really ridiculous method of reporting so it's always difficult to say when their actual peaks are, but I'm counting this one just because the trend there--as with just about everywhere--has been up. Connecticut had numbers they haven't had since April. The US has now passed 8 million confirmed cases. The "second wave" is just beginning.

316 deaths throws us over the 220k line to 220,011. Florida remains at the top of the list for most daily deaths...and Trump just decided to hold another superspreader event there. I saw #DeathSantis trending on Twitter earlier. Appropriate.

Related News:

Scientists confirm Nevada 25-year-old got coronavirus twice, second case was more severe--So much for that "I am immune" bullshit.
    US coronavirus: Dr. Anthony Fauci hopes worrisome numbers jolt Americans into action--Because 220k+ dead isn't enough of a blazing red flag, apparently.
    Confidential data shows many Illinois coronavirus outbreaks have been undisclosed--Just because you try to hide it it doesn't mean it goes away--ask Florida.

And now a small personal anecdote. I should preface this by saying that the second wave of COVID-19 is in full force in Europe and in the Netherlands new highs have been reached the past couple days that are about 5 times the highs we had here at the peak of the first wave in April. Tomorrow the government will be having a press conference informing everyone if stricter measures will be taken to curb the number of cases--which is a bit of a laugh because the restrictions they have in place now are fucking looooooose. They did a decent job during the first wave here all things considered (could have done better; could have done a lot worse) but they're not starting off strong this time around.

Anyway, today I had to go to the hospital for a checkup and new X-ray on my leg. Masks were all but mandatory which is a change from the last time I went a couple months ago. I wear them whenever I go there anyway because, c'mon, but it's never been more heavily suggested than now. I went to see my surgeon and had a consult over the new photos, talking about the usual stuff: pain management, freedom of movement, expectations. Throughout the entire conversation he did not so much as grin once whereas in the past he's been nothing but smiles and we'd share jokes about what a fucking mess I've made of myself.

I asked him after my appointment if everything was alright because he seemed down. He semi-bowed his head, chin to chest for a 5-count and then sighed and said that, essentially, things are fucked. He just had to call several patients of his to cancel upcoming appointments ahead of expected needed emergency capacity. All leave has been cancelled for everyone. Everyone is pretty much to be on-call 24 hours a day when not on duty. He didn't say explicitly, but it sounds like the medical community may have gotten wind of what the announcements are likely to be tomorrow and, well, they've been SEEING this second wave in action up close for several weeks here now.

If things are getting that bad here where at least some people seem to be on the ball, I really, really worry for my friends and family over in "supposed first world country" USA right now.

Stay safe, folks. Really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Idk if we talk about how he treated Puerto Rico when they needed the most help.
    That could be now.

True, the deaths from Maria stand at 3,000 plus. But things are going poorly in the lethal outbreak too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    All leave has been cancelled for everyone. Everyone is pretty much to be on-call 24 hours a day when not on duty.
    I think we all agree that medical professionals and other front-line responders are going above and beyond, even if they've been redlining since July.

If it's any consolation, it's working.

Granted, this could be a lot better, but at least more cases has stopped meaning as many more deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post

Anyway, today I had to go to the hospital for a checkup and new X-ray on my leg. Masks were all but mandatory which is a change from the last time I went a couple months ago. I wear them whenever I go there anyway because, c'mon, but it's never been more heavily suggested than now. I went to see my surgeon and had a consult over the new photos, talking about the usual stuff: pain management, freedom of movement, expectations. Throughout the entire conversation he did not so much as grin once whereas in the past he's been nothing but smiles and we'd share jokes about what a fucking mess I've made of myself.

I asked him after my appointment if everything was alright because he seemed down. He semi-bowed his head, chin to chest for a 5-count and then sighed and said that, essentially, things are fucked. He just had to call several patients of his to cancel upcoming appointments ahead of expected needed emergency capacity. All leave has been cancelled for everyone. Everyone is pretty much to be on-call 24 hours a day when not on duty. He didn't say explicitly, but it sounds like the medical community may have gotten wind of what the announcements are likely to be tomorrow and, well, they've been SEEING this second wave in action up close for several weeks here now.

If things are getting that bad here where at least some people seem to be on the ball, I really, really worry for my friends and family over in "supposed first world country" USA right now.

Stay safe, folks. Really.
    You too, my dude. Stay safe.

The only consolation i have at this point is that we have more potential treatments today, than 5 months ago (potential as, shown clinical improvement in phase II and III studies), and a vaccine is possible at the end of the year or very early next year (at least the chinese ones, and the oxford one).
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    So let's --

Wisconsin says Foxconn short of 2019 jobs pledge, misses out on tax credits

In a letter to the Taiwan-based company’s Vice Chairman Jay Lee, Wisconsin’s economic development agency said Foxconn was a long way away from building the large TV screens it had proposed in 2017, when it promised to eventually create 13,000 jobs in the state.

The planned $10 billion, 20-million-square-foot campus was hailed by the White House as the largest investment for a brand new location by a foreign-based company in U.S. history.

But for many the factory has become a symbol of failed promises in Midwestern states like Wisconsin that were key to Trump’s 2016 election and are now closely watched swing states in the Republican’s bid to be re-elected on Nov. 3.

WEDC’s review found Foxconn had fewer full-time employees than the minimum, however. It also fell short of its employment goal in 2018.

“Once Foxconn is able to provide more accurate details of the proposed project, such as its size, scope, anticipated capital investment, and job creation, WEDC would be able to offer support for the project with tax incentives,” wrote Missy Hughes, WEDC’s secretary & chief executive officer.
    I'm not 100% sure, but I also think Carrier the air conditioner company is expanding in China. I do know Trump said he was working on keeping Carrier in the USA last year, after hundreds were laid off the year before. This does not look like "America First". Oh well, that's Indiana, they're voting for Trump regardless. I mean, it wouldn't kill them to have--

Oh. It literally might.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Granted, this could be a lot better, but at least more cases has stopped meaning as many more deaths.
    Just remember that the current rise in cases is almost certainly due to schools being back in session. That means that the first wave of spread is going to be among the students, and then followed by a wave of family. That first wave will be way more skewed towards the younger age bracket, whereas follow-up waves might be more normal age ranges.

It's entirely possible that the death rate is going to stay this low, but I wouldn't be surprised if it starts going up again soon. Regardless, though, it's much better than it was back in April.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Larry Kudlow getting owned by Jake Tapper. Fucking Kudlow sounds like he is fucking drunk in this video. Is that how he always sounds?

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    If you ever doubted that Trump gave no fucks about Democrat states and only really cares about Republican states....

Federal Tax payments by state, 2019

California-Hell 472,027,235,000
    New York- Hell 304,992,923,000
    Illinois- Hell 162,274,617,00,
    Pennsylvania- Hell 141,973,579,000
    New Jersey- Hell 140,258,435,000
    Massachusetts- Hell 120,035,203,000
    Minnesota- Hell 102,642,589,000
    Washington- Hell 100,609,767,000
    North Carolina- Hell 87,778,099
    Virginia- Hell 83,574,427

TOTAL 3,561,904,049,000

top hell states = 1.715 trillion or 48.2 % of total collected to fund our govt just with the top 10 (based on trumps definition of democrat run states)

Throw in all the other trump defined "hell" states and you are over 70% easy.

939 billion just with the 3 he directly mentioned today or 26%

could you imagine where those BIGLY wonderful other states would be without them
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

so, Trump and everyone in his party is a racist? That's what this is insinuating.
    Anti-Racism and Trumpism are not compatible.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    so, Trump and everyone in his party is a racist? That's what this is insinuating.
    It's not, and you won't ever understand that, so don't try.

However, anyone following Trump is encouraging racism and fascism, if not out right promoting it. We know exactly what Trump stands for now, no more of this 2016 I-wonder-how-he'll-do bullshit. So knowing who he is, and still following him and his party, means those doing embody racism and hatred and bigotry and fascism.

Shout if you're confused about that part. It can get tricky.