View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post

NO DEAL is the best deal britain can get. the EU knows it, UK knows it and the world knows it. that's why the remoaner cabinet and DExEU are colluding with the EU to sabotage the brexit dream.
    If slamming your dick in a door jam until it falls off is your dream more power too you. Don't expect me to join you.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Did you overdose on some medication or are you trying to bash the UK by portraying their population as raving lunatics?

15+ Year Old Account
    that's not how it'll work but ok.
    No? How will it work then, please explain.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Did you overdose on some medication or are you trying to bash the UK by portraying their population as raving lunatics?
    are you calling the overwhelming majority of the UK raving lunatics?

leave won with an overwhelming majority, the will of the people has been voiced and that will shall be carried out.

Deleted
    leave won with an overwhelming majority, the will of the people has been voiced and that will shall be carried out.
    52% - 48%. Either take your medicine or ditch it, something is very wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find the first thing the EU surrounding nations should do on the exit is no longer care about what goods and people go towards the UK.

We tried to help them long enough with their border while they lack the spine to do anything politically about it as minor as an ID card. I find we should go even a step further and provide illegal immigrants boats, let them handle with the mess they created fully seeing how ungrateful the UK has been the last decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    52% - 48%. Either take your medicine or ditch it, something is very wrong.
    a 4% lead is huge.

in the last GE, conservatives won 42% of the vote and labour won 40% of the vote. conservatives have almost 60 more seats in parliament than labour do.

are you calling the overwhelming majority of the UK raving lunatics?

I'm not, I'm wondering if you want to imply they are, because your post all seem to aim in that direction.
    Also, did you learn any math in school or do you have a problem looking up the definition of "overwhelming" in the thesaurus?

15+ Year Old Account
    it's not delusion it's fact.

for example: all of you europeans are using my language on this board, which was founded by a french person. this board was then sold to another french person (the individual who founded curse), and you're still using my language.

checkmate europeans.
    Speaking a language on an internet forum that provides information for a number of games is obviously the very same thing as living in another country, obviously.

Checkmate indeed, only problem is we're playing trivial pursuit.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

a 4% lead is huge.

in the last GE, conservatives won 42% of the vote and labour won 40% of the vote. conservatives have almost 60 more seats in parliament than labour do.
    That just demonstrates that the setup of democracy in the UK is lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Speaking a language on an internet forum that provides information for a number of games is obviously the very same thing as living in another country, obviously.

Checkmate indeed, only problem is we're playing trivial pursuit.
    that's why no-one understands brexiteer logic, we're playing 4D chess while you are playing a game designed for 3-12 year olds.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    And most of the governments that made those decisions to embrace social economic policies were conservative parties. Because conservative though judged the progressive suggestion worthwhile and allowed it to go forward.
    The conservative ideology is not about going backwards. It's about stopping and thinking before we go forward. It is a necessary part of managing any complex structure; one side brings forth ideas to move forward (progressives) and the other side looks at the possible consequences of those ideas and gates them until we are sure we can manage the collateral (conservatives).
    The fact that the conservative strain of thought has been largely swallowed by petty destructive maniacs in many countries who don't want to control what goes forward but want to stop the world from moving altogether is not an indictment to conservative ideology; if anything it clarifies the fact that by itself conservative ideology is vastly harder to accept and work with than progressive ideology and thus it is much easier for it to be taken over by destructive people.
    In countries were the far right was weak or non-existant and conservatives had the ability to expand towards the center without sacrificing their electability, the conservative line of thought stayed healthy (e.g. Germany)
    Conservatisme is by defintion looking back or standing still

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/conservatism

the disposition to preserve or restore what is established and traditional and to limit change.
    To people at that time that pushed for change weren't conservatives but liberals and it was liberals that build NA and Europe/EU and conservatives right now aim to destroy what we as a society have build.

Sure the liberals at that time look maybe conservative to today standards but the difference isn't ideology but the way people think.

Deleted
    a 4% lead is huge.
    You also failed at math in school?

- - - Updated - - -

that's why no-one understands brexiteer logic, we're playing 4D chess while you are playing a game designed for 3-12 year olds.
    Sure, if your final goal is to burn the UK down. Which accordingly to your own posts is.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Current day conservatisme is by essence destructive be it on social issues or economical.

What was good about the ''good old days'' that real conservative want to go back to? between the end of the 19th century and WW2 the governments around the world discovered that liberal economical policies where the government makes sure people are educated, healthy and well off is the way to go.

Social issues I'm not going to even touch because that's pretty obvious.

Conservatives want to reverse and destroy both because of either stupidity or hate which doesn't make any motivation better.
    That is simply not true. Conservatism is about stability and continuity. I dare say, voting Trump and Brexiting are the direct opposites to conservatism. But people just see labels and flags and don't actually look at the issues anymore. Republicans have whored themselves out to the first person that actually looked like he might be getting them votes. And Farage? His schoolyard fights in EU Parliament really speak volumes about his maturity. No idea why anyone would let him represent them. But he's not conservative, either. He's all about shaking things up and pissing in people's soups. Same with Johnsson.

I'm not a conservative myself, so I think others should chime in. But I don't think the political idea of conservatism is even remotely compatible with the idiocy we see in the US and Britain.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account

To people at that time that pushed for change weren't conservatives but liberals and it was liberals that build NA and Europe/EU and conservatives right now aim to destroy what we as a society have build.

Sure the liberals at that time look maybe conservative to today standards but the difference isn't ideology but the way people think.
    You are looking at political ideologies in extremes and ignoring everything towards the center, that's why you cannot see or want to accept that changes are brought forward from both sides.

Also liberals in the EU are right leaning parties. Often for personal freedoms, less taxes and targeted at small to large business owners.

it's not delusion it's fact.

for example: all of you europeans are using my language on this board, which was founded by a french person. this board was then sold to another french person (the individual who founded curse), and you're still using my language.

checkmate europeans.
    Yeah, you know... we're being polite. Try your attitude with the French. I dare you.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Yes, you are playing 4D chess. That is the problem. It is obviously beyond you.

15+ Year Old Account
    a 4% lead is huge.

... So you also don't know that you have a fptp system? You compare a fptp voting system to a single majority voting system.

Well what a shock that is.

So, you're looking at a tiny subset of extreme conservatism, the literal definition of the word, and that's it... okay. Here, let me broaden your view:

Progressive conservatism incorporates progressive policies alongside conservative policies. It stresses the importance of a social safety net to deal with poverty, support of limited redistribution of wealth along with government regulation to regulate markets in the interests of both consumers and producers.[28] Progressive conservatism first arose as a distinct ideology in the United Kingdom under Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli's "One Nation" Toryism.[28][29]

15+ Year Old Account
    No, because there is no logic, zero, zip, zilch, nada.