https://www.politico.com/magazine/am...-tweets-220527

Welp, plenty of speculation that Ed Whelan, the president of the "Ethics and Public Policy Center" may have just defamed the man he accused of being Kavanaugh's doppleganger and may end up in legal hot water over it. Now it's up to the man he accused to prove the allegations are false and all, but it's incredible what is continuing to happen to even prominent, respected conservative members as they dive headfirst into the swamp in the era of Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    this is the best political ad ive seen in a while lmfao

[video=youtube;IZuayQFD51w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZuayQFD51w[/vido]
    God damn! That's an ass whooping if I've ever seen one.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Aaaaaand they just released a follow-up with the family explaining why they did it!

To quote the modern poet: WREKD!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, it's been kinda quiet here since Trump nominated an attempted rapist. What'd we miss:

1) Flynn's top deputy suddenly remembered that, yes, Flynn did talk to Sergey Kislyak about sanctions. She said she found it in her notes between the first time the special counsel's office talked to her, and the second. Funny what being charged/convicted of lying to the FBI makes you suddenly remember.

2) Michael Cohen's lawyer (yes, a lawyer needs a lawyer when they step in shit they can't scrape off their shoes) tweeted a statement from Cohen about how he was cooperating with Mueller without a carrot on the stick, and siding with country over IMPOTUS.

3) Comey says Mueller's investigation might be in the 'fourth quarter' "Because the way you normally do investigations is you work from the bottom up, and so they're getting pretty high."

"420?"

No.

Comey was specific that he wasn't sure, because Mueller is running this like an organized crime investigation and doing it by the book.

4) Lindsey Graham pledges to let the investigation finish without interference.

5) And we didn't technically miss it, but to add to the list of things that happened last week, Mueller is now investigation mysterious Russian money transfers happening around the time of the Trump Tower meeting, including payments with people involved with the meeting.

6) And, finally, Rosenstein walked out of the accusations against him and wasn't fired. The longer Trump waits, the less it's believable that the "25th Amendment" accusation was the reason for the firing.

Not a huge week, but let's be honest: not every week can have a Cohen flip and/or a Manafort guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    2) Michael Cohen's lawyer (yes, a lawyer needs a lawyer when they step in shit they can't scrape off their shoes) tweeted a statement from Cohen about how he was cooperating with Mueller without a carrot on the stick, and siding with country over IMPOTUS.
    I like this one the most. I bet Trump will tweet about this soon.

I wonder how much of Trump's estates are being transferred to Baron over the last few months.
    If ever I give inaccurate information, I will apologize when corrected and adjust my views. It will be a cold day in hell before I stick to a falsehood out of misguided principles. If ever I insult you though, trust it to be an accurate insult, which I will not apologize for nor adjust my view of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pazazu View Post
    I wonder how much of Trump's estates are being transferred to Baron over the last few months.
    Every business with the Trump name on it will suddenly have "Baron" instead and it'll have the Comic Sans font.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pazazu View Post
    None. Trump owes hundreds of millions, maybe billions, on those properties. You can't transfer a property that easily when it's collateral and expect to walk away. It's called a lien.

- - - Updated - - -

All hands: brace for impact.

Sources tell Axios Rosenstein is preparing to resign, because he knows he's about to be fired.

Rosenstein resigning could not possibly work better for Trump. He gets to appoint a replacement without being impeached for Nixonian behavior. Rosenstein wussing out is the best thing he could ask for.

Well shit.

We need some journalists to uncover who brought the info for the NYT story. If it's provable that someone in the president's orbit leaked that in order to get Rosenstein fired that might have some political consequences...

Hopefully Mueller is prepared for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    We need some journalists to uncover who brought the info for the NYT story. If it's provable that someone in the president's orbit leaked that in order to get Rosenstein fired that might have some political consequences...
    Not if he resigns. If he resigns, Trump and the leaker are both off the hook. Rosenstein could challenge an unwarranted firing in court, especially under the circumstances.

https://twitter.com/eorden/status/10...223899648?s=19

Other sources are reporting that axios sources are wrong and rosinstein is being fired.

Not if he resigns. If he resigns, Trump and the leaker are both off the hook. Rosenstein could challenge an unwarranted firing in court, especially under the circumstances.
    Verbal resignation in preparation of getting fired sounds a lot like getting fired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Other sources are reporting that axios sources are wrong and rosinstein is being fired.
    With conflicting info like this, I'm willing to take the risk and say "well, it's one or the other, and it's soon".

I do hope it's neither, actually. But Trump could not ask for a better end to Mueller's investigation than having Rosenstein resign.

They seem to be claiming that he's resigning ahead of being fired, at least according to this article.

None. Trump owes hundreds of millions, maybe billions, on those properties. You can't transfer a property that easily when it's collateral and expect to walk away. It's called a lien.

- - - Updated - - -

All hands: brace for impact.

Sources tell Axios Rosenstein is preparing to resign, because he knows he's about to be fired.

Rosenstein resigning could not possibly work better for Trump. He gets to appoint a replacement without being impeached for Nixonian behavior. Rosenstein wussing out is the best thing he could ask for.
    Oh god, is this the day of the Muller removal? Because this is right before the midterms....and it would be a blood bath for Republicans if he did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Verbal resignation in preparation of getting fired sounds a lot like getting fired.
    There are legal differences. You can't challenge your own resignation in court, for example.

Ugh. This is going to make an ugly week year I do plan to finish eventually Kipp if it happens.

10+ Year Old Account

Wow, and @Skroe isn't even banned!

He hasn't resigned yet!

Supposedly there were disagreements on when he'd resign... I'm wondering if his resignation stipulation was that he'd wait until something happened with the Russia probe
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2018-09-24 at 03:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feeds blowing up. Got that little ting I my chest and hope it's just a rumor because as much as the Right makes me shake my head, I'm tired of seeing this country's democracy erode more and more.
    @Skroe isn't banned again is he?

Resident Cosplay Progressive