Stop. Giving. Shalcker. Attention.

He wants to distract from ongoing news with useless side topics. And he easily takes up multiple pages with it. I'm tempted to write a Tampermonkey script that ignores all posts that contain quotes made by him.

Would be nice if blocking someone also blocked others quoting that someone. I'm not gonna block someone just for having a different opinion, but when they are an obvious shill or troll it would be better to not see their posts at all even if the mods aren't willing to do what needs to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Stop. Giving. Shalcker. Attention.

He wants to distract from ongoing news with useless side topics. And he easily takes up multiple pages with it. I'm tempted to write a Tampermonkey script that ignores all posts that contain quotes made by him.
    If you do, please make sure to share it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If you don’t refute the bullshit, and simply ignore it, you end up with Trump as President. Just sayin.
    You aren't helping by feeding them. Just put a quote in your signature warning others about them, ignore them and move on. But it actually leads people to be LESS informed when you feed them.

I know because I am stuck skipping like 5 pages at a time from people feeding him and so nothing gets said that isn't repeating the same stuff already said with someone who makes it a point to act like they don't know how stuff works. So anything that actually comes up new from there, I won't hear.

And it also gives him MORE exposure on here compared to when you just ignore him and move on and his post just falls off the pages. Then when someone actually responds to his stuff, you respond to THEM correcting THEM and informing of him and so they do the same.

But when you feed him, you are doing exactly what he wants and giving him exposure and derailing threads.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If you don’t refute the bullshit, and simply ignore it, you end up with Trump as President. Just sayin.
    Sometimes the right course of action is to ignore it and move on. Then he fades into obscurity. Part of the problem as I see it is the people with 30k posts around here have some genetic compulsion just to flog that dead horse.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Sometimes the right course of action is to ignore it and move on. Then he fades into obscurity. Part of the problem as I see it is the people with 30k posts around here have some genetic compulsion just to flog that dead horse.
    9 years on here this month, and under 2700 posts. But Dome Fossil has me beat, 5 years with 284 posts, we need to get him a Lurker Badge!

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    9 years on here this month, and under 2700 posts. But Dome Fossil has me beat, 5 years with 284 posts, we need to get him a Lurker Badge!
    *cough cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    I'll take it!

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    *cough cough*
    <.<;; get your own!

Refuting the bullshit would be worthwhile if it were just a regular person who could be reasoned with. However, some posters on this forum are doing a job. They get paid to push their propaganda. Others are simply doing it to stir up shit and cause arguments.

Even as an individual you could, right now, go hire someone to do this kind of nonsense. You could have them push junk on social media platforms, post on forums like this and a number of other things. Just imagine what well funded "government contractors" are capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Refuting the bullshit would be worthwhile if it were just a regular person who could be reasoned with. However, some posters on this forum are doing a job. They get paid to push their propaganda. Others are simply doing it to stir up shit and cause arguments.
    People take "teams" way too seriously and so rarely can be "reasoned" out of existing position. In fact, mostly i'm seeing is "you are wrong, i'm right" with no reasoning behind it.

"Regular persons" don't get into threads like that at all, that's why you rarely see them.

And you are using "some are doing a job" as escape from actual discussion - because you cannot do discussion, you're just doing "echo chamber". Noone here is paid to post.

Even as an individual you could, right now, go hire someone to do this kind of nonsense. You could have them push junk on social media platforms, post on forums like this and a number of other things. Just imagine what well funded "government contractors" are capable of.
    People push junk on social media platforms and post on forums all on their own. Discerning "paid" opinions from unpaid ones is a lot harder then you think. Declaring different opinion to be paid is always easy, of course, and prone to confirmation bias.

IRA also isn't "government contractor" btw, they are paid by Prigozhin himself. Example of "social media control" direct government contractor would be UK Integrity Initiative.

*cough cough*
    Dammit I had a real run for it but started actually engaging in the last few months and I'm doomed to lose my lurker badge.

I wonder how much it would cost for me to pay Shalcker to stop spinning for Putin and start singing Star Spangled Banner instead.

Given what a piece of shit the ruble is, I'm sure I could afford him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I wonder how much it would cost for me to pay Shalcker to stop spinning for Putin and start singing Star Spangled Banner instead.

Given what a piece of shit the ruble is, I'm sure I could afford him.
    Using info dated 7.3.2018 I'm sure you can figure a post count/post quality/turnip ratio that would satisfy your cost analysis and make it an offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    So by now you've all heard that Trump tried to get a loan from Deutsche Bank in 2016 -- yes, during the election -- and was turned down. Now, this immediately tells us either of two things:
    A) Trump was still running his businesses during the election and they were having trouble with money
    or
    B) Trump, who we know loaned his own campaign money, tried to get Deutsche Bank's loan to cover that loan, in case, say, the campaign ran out of money...or mis-spent it and couldn't get the rest back. The campaign could declare bankruptcy.

But what Axios quotes is one of the reasons Deutsche Bank said no: "if Mr. Trump won the election and then defaulted, Deutsche Bank would have to choose between not collecting on the debt or seizing the assets of the president of the United States."

Think about that.

Deutsche Bank was pretty sure Trump was going to stiff them.

And a reminder: Trump got his most recent loans from Deutsche Bank, known/admitted Russian money launderer, because nobody else will touch him anymore.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    So by now you've all heard that Trump tried to get a loan from Deutsche Bank in 2016 -- yes, during the election -- and was turned down. Now, this immediately tells us either of two things:
    A) Trump was still running his businesses during the election and they were having trouble with money
    or
    B) Trump, who we know loaned his own campaign money, tried to get Deutsche Bank's loan to cover that loan, in case, say, the campaign ran out of money...or mis-spent it and couldn't get the rest back. The campaign could declare bankruptcy.

But what Axios quotes is one of the reasons Deutsche Bank said no: "if Mr. Trump won the election and then defaulted, Deutsche Bank would have to choose between not collecting on the debt or seizing the assets of the president of the United States."

Think about that.

Deutsche Bank was pretty sure Trump was going to stiff them.

And a reminder: Trump got his most recent loans from Deutsche Bank, known/admitted Russian money launderer, because nobody else will touch him anymore.
    And that entire fiasco was linked directly to the SCOTUS Kennedy retirement and Kavanaugh getting nominated and confirmed.

I found this op-ed(?) interesting. Former prosecutor says Jr. will be indicted to get to his father.

I thought Jr. would have been grabbed months ago, but if he's the missing link to Trump then I am all for it.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I found this op-ed(?) interesting. Former prosecutor says Jr. will be indicted to get to his father.

I thought Jr. would have been grabbed months ago, but if he's the missing link to Trump then I am all for it.
    That article talks about Cohen "disagreeing" with Jr not talking to his father about Trump Tower meeting but we know perfectly well that it was Cohen's lawyer who later retracted this statement, and Cohen himself denied having any knowledge about it.

So, that "if Jr lied, he could be indicted" remains a stretch.

After all, Jr even released all emails in full once news about that meeting came out, getting him for lying seems unlikely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I thought Jr. would have been grabbed months ago
    When Mueller makes a move on Jr, it's war. Trump will immediately have him fired and by proxy announce his resignation.

That's why you haven't seen it. Mueller knows it's his second-to-last move. The last, of course, is bringing his evidence directly to the impeachment hearings and taking on Trump directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    When Mueller makes a move on Jr, it's war. Trump will immediately have him fired and by proxy announce his resignation.

That's why you haven't seen it. Mueller knows it's his second-to-last move. The last, of course, is bringing his evidence directly to the impeachment hearings and taking on Trump directly.
    Alternate take: Trump starts immediately claiming he never knew Jr. and heard from a lot of people he was a bad hombre.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alternate take: Trump starts immediately claiming he never knew Jr. and heard from a lot of people he was a bad hombre.
    Jr is just a coffee boy. Barely knows him. Kinda like Tiffany Trump.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...yy#.hy9oz4mvyy

A Russian-born lobbyist who attended the controversial Trump Tower meeting in June 2016 received a series of suspicious payments totaling half a million dollars before and after the encounter.

Documents reviewed by BuzzFeed News show that Rinat Akhmetshin, a Soviet military officer turned Washington lobbyist, deposited large, round-number amounts of cash in the months preceding and following the meeting, where a Russian lawyer offered senior Trump campaign officials dirt on Hillary Clinton.

The lobbyist also received a large payment that bank investigators deemed suspicious from Denis Katsyv, whose company Prevezon Holdings was accused by the US Justice Department of laundering the proceeds of a $230 million Russian tax fraud.
    Suspicious round-sum cash payments on either end of the meeting by the Russian lobbyist involved, plus payments to him from someone whose company potentially committed tax fraud in laundering $230M?

Man, even if Trump isn't involved Donnie Jr. looks more and more "proper fucked" with each breaking story.