LastLast
    Deleted
    100% vanilla, for better or for worse, just like Blizz said

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    -updated graphics
    -better class balance
    -improved UI

You know like what Pokemon Games do with their old titles FireRed, HeartGold, etc. Thoughts? I know there are purists out there and there are also toxic people who just want the crappy parts of the game to stay so that were pressured to go to their latest expansion. Ive been on private servers for a minute using sweetfx and reshade to enhance the graphics past what retail wow looks like (used to use it on there too)

*edit: lots of little shitheads in the forum who are still crying that real wow is coming back are talking about resources wasted on vanilla. There is a SEPERATE Blizz team that is working on retweaking/remastering the game

http://www.pcgamer.com/this-is-how-b...a-wow-servers/
    No. That would completely defeat the point of bringing vanilla WoW back.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Yeah...because taking 1 of a spec for a specific buff makes it so easy to find a raid spot when so many people want to deeps? People are gonna let basically the only class that tanked in vanilla run dps instead of tank? Ret was never good at DPS you took it for mechanics not DPS. Like you're gonna take a dps priest over a healer?

I don't know what game you lived in...maybe you're talking about BWL/Naxx geared...my guild never got that high.
    you didn't take 1 of a spec, feral druid 5% crit buff only affected the party he was in (5 players) if you wanted the buff in all your groups you would need 8 ferals in total.

same thing for totems, auras, battle shout, etc.

trust me when i say that as a shaman or feral you will not have a problem finding a raid spot because every melee will want to suck you off for the buffs.

People are gonna let basically the only class that tanked in vanilla run dps instead of tank?
    Maybe you had a shortage of warriors, but fury warriors definitely were a thing in vanilla. especially on Horde.

Ret was never good at DPS you took it for mechanics not DPS.
    Well geared rets did damage, ret had no "mechanics" back in vanilla, the only "mechanic" ret was good for was post 2.0 when crusader strike would refresh other paladins judgements, at best you provide 2 buffs(aura + blessing) what mechanic am i missing?

Like you're gonna take a dps priest over a healer?
    if you're expecting the shadow priest to be a pure dps maybe this is your issue?

1, they have vampiric embrace and its useful
    2, they have shadow weaving (15% shadow damage taken debuff on enemys).
    Last edited by kenoathcarn; 2017-11-04 at 10:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenoathcarn View Post
    you didn't take 1 of a spec, feral druid 5% crit buff only affected the party he was in (5 players) if you wanted the buff in all your groups you would need 8 ferals in total.

same thing for totems, auras, battle shout, etc.

trust me when i say that as a shaman or feral you will not have a problem finding a raid spot because every melee will want to suck you off for the buffs.
    LOL...8 Feral Druids? Yeah right!

LOL...8 Feral Druids? Yeah right!
    well, yes considering feral only gives the crit to melee/ranged attacks and not spells, its probably unlikely you have 8 raid groups with only melee dps in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    What is it with dweebs like you and the constant need to shit all over this. If you're not into it, just don't play it.
    How did I shit on you?

Graphics : Sure why not, but it should be old models.
    UI : The UI hasn't changed, unless you mean options menus etc.. Updated options menus doesn't hurt, but kinda pointless.
    Class Balance : Needs to remain as it was in Vanilla.

The big issue they are going to have is what patch they start with... You get vanilla sure, but then class balance/design changed throughout the expansion and you might not have been doing Molten Core with the same classes/balance you woulda been doing when you did AQ40 or Naxx. It was the same in TBC, the private servers running 2.4.3 version of the game have to buff bosses compared to blizzard numbers to stop them being roflstomped, difference between launch and end patch is massive in every expansion and probably none more than Vanilla.

How Blizzard handle patches/progression is gonna be everything, but it needs to be as genuine as possible despite all the bullshit that entails.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

WTF is that UBRS nonsense, it was never a 5 man dungeon until pandaria or something, is he trolling the community?
    Death to all undead rogues and mages!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Torrasque View Post
    Tell me, how is budget, finances, and what they are going to charge for their product and how are they going to compete with "free" pirate servers not in association with fact? This are facts, and they are relevant to how they are planning to sell their classic experience. It is not opinion, it is number crunching and market finances.
    Sure, those are facts. But that's not what you said. They don't mean anything by themselves. Any conclusion you take from mix and matching those facts is conjecture, especially since you also need to ignore other facts that don't fit your narrative in order to be able to do so.

Unless, of course, you are saying you are better than Blizzard at predicting if a certain product will or will not be profitable?

If that's the case, I'd humbly request you stop talking in abstracts and show me in detail your "number crunching" for a specific case (whichever you think to be the most likely version of it to succeed - since you are stating that it's a fact, I imagine you did "number crunching" and analyzed market finances for multiple possibilities of how it could work, including different monetization systems and marketing combinations).

What about some simple QoL, almost objectively and improvement? Say buffs...do people really want to spam single 5 minute buffs to a 40man raid?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    What about some simple QoL, almost objectively and improvement? Say buffs...do people really want to spam single 5 minute buffs to a 40man raid?
    That is a nonissue as since AQ those buffs turned into 15 minutes buffs. BWL and MC were easy enough raids that those things wouldn`t make them too hard in case they decide to roll vanilla major patch per major patch.
    Death to all undead rogues and mages!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Sure, those are facts. But that's not what you said. They don't mean anything by themselves. Any conclusion you take from mix and matching those facts is conjecture, especially since you also need to ignore other facts that don't fit your narrative in order to be able to do so.

Unless, of course, you are saying you are better than Blizzard at predicting if a certain product will or will not be profitable?

If that's the case, I'd humbly request you stop talking in abstracts and show me in detail your "number crunching" for a specific case (whichever you think to be the most likely version of it to succeed - since you are stating that it's a fact, I imagine you did "number crunching" and analyzed market finances for multiple possibilities of how it could work, including different monetization systems and marketing combinations).
    Considering that I've been providing my own links AND it was announced that newly developed technology, of which we don't know, as it hasn't been revealed, is what is finally making the concept of making Classic WoW even possible and even then "In a very long time" according to them, that is, inherently, a fact that something that is in development for emulating the game is being built for it to, supposedly, make it cost-efficient enough to attempt. It is in the very reveal and Q&A sections of the reveal. You tell me that isn't a fact all that you want, it is right there, a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    -updated graphics
    -better class balance
    -improved UI

You know like what Pokemon Games do with their old titles FireRed, HeartGold, etc. Thoughts? I know there are purists out there and there are also toxic people who just want the crappy parts of the game to stay so that were pressured to go to their latest expansion. Ive been on private servers for a minute using sweetfx and reshade to enhance the graphics past what retail wow looks like (used to use it on there too)

*edit: lots of little shitheads in the forum who are still crying that real wow is coming back are talking about resources wasted on vanilla. There is a SEPERATE Blizz team that is working on retweaking/remastering the game

http://www.pcgamer.com/this-is-how-b...a-wow-servers/
    Glad you're not working on this project cus boy would those suggestions ruin the experience. You're asking for things that didn't exist in Vanilla WoW to be added in? Hell no. Why let them start on that slippery slope to LFG tools?

honestly i don't really care much for the purism argument, if something is objectively better and isn't affecting the core game play of the classes then I don't see the problem really. even a basic window where you can list an active group with no match making or join buttons just a tell option, would be a substantial improvement over simply spamming chat. which ended up being about as efficient as searching hay stacks for needles. some sort of consideration has to be taken in terms of what was just fundamentally bad at that time that was unanimously agreed upon was bad even at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Torrasque View Post
    Considering that I've been providing my own links AND it was announced that newly developed technology, of which we don't know, as it hasn't been revealed, is what is finally making the concept of making Classic WoW even possible and even then "In a very long time" according to them, that is, inherently, a fact that something that is in development for emulating the game is being built for it to, supposedly, make it cost-efficient enough to attempt. It is in the very reveal and Q&A sections of the reveal. You tell me that isn't a fact all that you want, it is right there, a fact.
    Well yes. It is a fact, it's the one I've been stating: They are doing it, and therefore they believe it is possible to be cost-efficient.

That fact completly invalidates the whole premise you initially set that the stagnation inherent to legacy servers are a problem that will lead to it not being cost efficient or worth the effort.

I'm sorry but at this point I'm not really sure what really is your point anymore.

While I would greatly prefer to play classic wow over current wow, what I am really interested in is playing a wow that is developed from where vanilla wow was leading, more accurately, I would wish they went back to the end of TBC and use that was a jumping off point to create a new wow experience.

Actually, I would like wow 2, built from the design philosophy of TBC, and no classic servers at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    honestly i don't really care much for the purism argument, if something is objectively better and isn't affecting the core game play of the classes then I don't see the problem really. even a basic window where you can list an active group with no match making or join buttons just a tell option, would be a substantial improvement over simply spamming chat. which ended up being about as efficient as searching hay stacks for needles. some sort of consideration has to be taken in terms of what was just fundamentally bad at that time that was unanimously agreed upon was bad even at that time.
    This is what I want. I'm a vanilla player and don't want the core gameplay changed or the social structured it brings but there are other improvements wow made that aren't in vanilla. A remake with updated models just seems a lot more exciting and refreshing then these purists asking for old vanilla with all its issues. If blizz did a remake it would kill retail and overshadow it. A lot of people won't bat an eye at this but a remake that can be marketed would interest people who don't want to stare at a potato. I've been playing with sweetfx for enhanced graphics lol

The purists are getting ridiculous.

It's one thing to want LFD and Flying. It's another to not want half the fucking classes in the game to be dead when it comes to raiding and PvP. Ret and Balance being dead specs is vanilla WoW - that was OBJECTIVELY bad game design. It should absolutely be changed to where they are viable for MC and onwards.

Saying that this would turn Classic WoW into current retail is a joke.
    Last edited by Whatever Dude; 2017-11-05 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Well yes. It is a fact, it's the one I've been stating: They are doing it, and therefore they believe it is possible to be cost-efficient.

That fact completly invalidates the whole premise you initially set that the stagnation inherent to legacy servers are a problem that will lead to it not being cost efficient or worth the effort.

I'm sorry but at this point I'm not really sure what really is your point anymore.
    Your inability to understand a basis premise in business mathematics, even when given a deduction, isn't my issue then. If you cannot factor a business model, you fail at whatever your argument is by default. It is not my job to educate you on why and how companies desire to make a profit is keen in the existence of a company in the first place. If you cannot grasp that basis understanding of profit, then you can never understand the premise.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    This. Vanilla was awful, and people wanted it so much they can have it for the 5minutes until they get bored of spamming trade for groups. Can't wait for the spam of posts about how grindy/time-consuming/buggy/unbalanced/etc etc it is.
    You srsly cant wait? What do you get from it? How miserable is your existence to draw joy from the possible failure of something, which does not affect you in any way?

Edit: And no, Vanilla was not "awful". It might have been for you, fair enough. But a lot, and this i say from having spoken with dozens of guild mates and friends over the years, reading trough many many posts etc, thoroughly enjoyed Vanilla.

It's like me saying to the british people: You wanted Brexit? Cant wait for having your economy shattered and being shunned by the rest of the European Union. But i dont. I dont give a fuck and you should neither if it does not affect you in any way, as stated above.
    Last edited by advv; 2017-11-05 at 07:21 PM.