Poll: Battle for Azeroth seems to be a "filler expansion"!

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by izayoi80 View Post
    It's definitely a filler expansion. Not to mention one that doesn't make much sense. You've banded together to destroy a threat to the universe, but as soon as it's dealt with, people are like... fuck it, let's go at it again for old time's sake.
    while im dissapointed with the little infos we get this time on the Panels .. Faction vs Faction is by no means filler material .. its the core of what made Warcraft . Also that banded together after the broken shore event there wasn't much banded together left to begin with its just that we had no time to kill each other back than .. simple as that but hey seems like these days everyone looks for a reason to shit on that *filler* expansion even if the reasons are just bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    How can you call an expansion a filler expansion without playing it and knowing what it's actually about? We barely know anything.
    What was the point of Blizzcon then if not to know about what is going to come?

We waited a long time for this and what exactly do we see? Some unimpressive scraps. Not much going on. Nearly nothing certain, everything in prototype mode and hardly even in production, and plain not much to look at overall.

OK, it's early, fine. Tell us when you have something to share then, Blizzard, because what you have right now is just unimpressive. And, frankly, it is time to have much more.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    It's not filler since it's clearly leading to the next step in the story which is Azshara (already confirmed) and N'zoth (implied), and consequently the Void.
    The faction war is just the tagline they picked, the "hook" for this expansion (odd choice) and will not lead anywhere really except to make some factionistas salty.
    Azshara is end of the next expac
    It does look like a filler expac to me too. A bit word for people that don't pvp, but we'll see what it brings.
    I guess I'll be rolling a horde char too though, to try both sides of the story.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post

We waited a long time for this and what exactly do we see? Some unimpressive scraps. Not much going on. Nearly nothing certain, everything in prototype mode and hardly even in production, and plain not much to look at overall.

OK, it's early, fine. Tell us when you have something to share then, Blizzard, because what you have right now is just unimpressive. And, frankly, it is time to have much more.
    They've got playable zones and dungeons on the show floor. You know what you're saying doesn't make sense. It's okay to be disappointed with the direction of the game, but randomly making things up is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    Wow is high fantasy. It's been that way since BC at the very least. If you want to scrabble around in the mud for potatoes there are plenty of games that facilitate that.
    Space elements in high fantasy are cool, once in a while and in small doses. Just because WoW borrows elements from many fantasy genres doesn't mean we need to turn it into Star Wars. The space element usage in Legion has become over the top and ridiculous, and personally I welcome the change of pace to a more grounded fantasy.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by Rixark View Post
    That was my thought too. At first I was kinda bummed about faction conflict, because I'm a Horde player at heart but currently stuck on Alliance because I love my guild and guildmates.

But I loved MoP, it was my favorite expansion, and I think that's what we're seeing here. What seems to be a side adventure at first glance will turn into something much larger in scale.
    MOP was my fave too it felt like more of an RPG like a story unfolding/being told. For me it just had "it" My gut is getting that same feeling here. I think there is going to be some quality story telling in a very cool setting

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Title says it all.

I've got the feeling that BfA is another filler expansion that shouldn't have been but somehow came to life (like WoD).

What do you think? Lets start a discussion!
    Here we go again. No its not a filler xpac... Did you even read the story? its not going to be only alliance vs horde, its only the beginning.

On the web site its written that were gonna have a mess with azhara before the xpac is over and during the game we will also have to deal with old god corruption and influence. its not just azjhara and old gods but also alliance vs horde theme...

Means we will have even more conflict then we thought.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    To tell you new content is coming but they can't just spoil the whole story. It's not that there is nothing to share it's that if they share too much it spoils things.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Space elements in high fantasy are cool, once in a while and in small doses. Just because WoW borrows elements from many fantasy genres doesn't mean we need to turn it into Star Wars. The space element usage in Legion has become over the top and ridiculous, and personally I welcome the change of pace to a more grounded fantasy.
    i enjoyed Legion quite a bit myself. I loved Artifact weapons and i did practically every quest just for the story/lore. But i have to agree with the statement : Space elements in high fantasy are cool, once in a while and in small doses. It felt like too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc7 View Post
    They've got playable zones and dungeons on the show floor. You know what you're saying doesn't make sense. It's okay to be disappointed with the direction of the game, but randomly making things up is dumb.
    That's plain not much. There are few zones as it stands, are all of them on the floor even? There are only two kind of new features and they couldn't say much about one of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    To tell you new content is coming but they can't just spoil the whole story. It's not that there is nothing to share it's that if they share too much it spoils things.
    I disagree. It looks exactly like there's little to share, because they plain didn't do much yet.

Just compare this to previous reveals. The desire not to spoil it is always there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Title says it all.

I've got the feeling that BfA is another filler expansion that shouldn't have been but somehow came to life (like WoD).

What do you think? Lets start a discussion!
    The difference is I do not detest this expansion on a premise alone (wod) or on its initial list of features. Right Now I retain a nugget of good-natured curiosity. I don't expect it will be good, but I also expect it won't manage to be worse then legion, itself a now worse expansion then wod
    Wrath baby and proud of it

It feels like MoP, strange start but end up being good.

What i have problems is the Features they are presenting, they sound good on paper but so did the Garrison, what exactly will go to live and how it will play.

Warfronts sounds really really cool, but at the same time, to optimistic of blizzard, specially considering they are 20 player scenarios.

Yes, it's definitely a filler, but it is looking to be a good one.

Deleted
    Filler? what are you talking about you stupid ingrates ... THIS IS WAR CRAFT NOT STUPID HOLD HANDS AND BE FRIENDS I HATE ALL THE DISCO NOW WE HAVE TO AND BE FRIENDS AND FIGHT THE <INSERT CURRENT BADDIE> THE HORDE VS ALLIANCE IS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT

That's plain not much. There are few zones as it stands, are all of them on the floor even? There are only two kind of new features and they couldn't say much about one of them.

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree. It looks exactly like there's little to share, because they plain didn't do much yet.

Just compare this to previous reveals. The desire not to spoil it is always there.
    You've just decided to be angry, and decided that anything they show is just filler scraps, even though there's no basis for it. This is in line with how much stuff they've had in Blizzcon for other expansions. BfA is clearly further along in development than, say, WoD (I know, it was bad) was when that was announced, seeing what they showed back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post

What i have problems is the Features they are presenting, they sound good on paper but so did the Garrison, what exactly will go to live and how it will play.

Warfronts sounds really really cool, but at the same time, to optimistic of blizzard, specially considering they are 20 player scenarios.
    Sounds exactly like a raid to me, lol. That's the funny thing. I was VERY excited... then I realized it's just a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc7 View Post

Also, scrabbling around in the mud for potatoes isn't the only, or the obvious alternative to SPAAACE, and you know it.
    I agree, but trolls, orcs and pirates doesn't exactly get the blood flowing, does it? I mean if it does for you; great, you'll have fun.

But, damn, I'm seriously, seriously bored by the troll stuff. And pirates? Send the level 15 players to deal with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    I agree. I feel it will be like MoP. First half is all lookie lookie Horde vs Alliance and then some poop happens and it pushes them "together" to take on a similar task. To be honest I am getting kind of tired of the hate then love then hate then love then hate then love cycle the game has been going though. At some point you might just sit down and be like.. "look.. we got differences but whenever we fight the world nearly dies and we have to come together to save it. How about we just avoid the whole division that nearly kills the world this time.. ok?"

I wouldn't call it a filler expansion.

I think it's a needed step down in the scale of power.

We literally fought a titan and imprisoned Sargeras himself (and he was the main threat in our to do list for years until they improved the lore with the Chronicles).

Some people were expecting that we would raid Ny'alotha (which I believe we will, in its proper time). What would be left after this? Only the Voild Lords themselves, and I'm tired of beeing "the one". I think it will be cool to go back to Warcraft's roots and enjoy the good ol' faction war for a year until Azshara emerges from the depths.

And then we would face one old god, but I'm not sure if i think it's better that to happen as a conclusion of events or in a whole expansion. Things might saturate, as we've seen with WoD and Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    The annoucned Hakkar and Azshara in raids already.

N'zoth is coming too.

The main villans will always drive the real story.
    What troubles me about this, though, is that they're pre-emptively giving themselves a patch 6.2. Fury of Hellfire felt a bit like it came out of nowhere both in terms of the narrative and the actual content. Tanaan Jungle was not well-received, generally being compared negatively to the Timeless Isle and Isle of Thunder. It was as though it had been rushed - they already had developed Tanaan Jungle as a zone, the additions they made to bring it up to date with the narrative at that point were minimal (when compared to something like the development resources clearly poured into Argus and Invasion Points, for example).

We also know that they had intended to include Farahlon at some point and the abandonment of that zone was due to a shift in the direction of the narrative, so they absolutely did cut planned, partially-developed content. This is important because it means that the product we ended up getting suffered from the time and resources poured into cut content, that could have otherwise been directed into the final product we got, or else that final product would have reached us sooner. We can also be reliably certain that the shift in narrative direction came as a direct result of unprecedented, mass subscription losses.

I suppose what I'm worried about is that if the expansion tanks early like WoD did, the subsequent content might suffer immensely because of it. Look back to the cancelled Abyssal Maw raid that created a dead-end storyline with Neptulon, only recently (and ridiculously) resolved as a footnote in a Legion Shaman questline. Look at the potential of the Gorian Empire, with an entire other continent off the coast of Draenor's main landmass, unlikely to have been put on the map simply for no reason at all. Of course, there's Farahlon, too. When they double down on unpopular ideas, just going by their track record, they wind up with not only dissatisfying stories without proper resolution, but also poorer quality content because of last-minute, reactive changes to how the material has been received.

I disagree that the Alliance/Horde conflict is core to WoW. I think that shows in how ham-fisted it feels almost every time they try to go back to it. It was core to Warcraft, but a bit like with flying, they opened up the story to greater things and they can't put that genie back in the bottle, no matter how hard they keep trying every few years. I refer back to the question I posed in my earlier post - okay, so the Alliance and the Horde are going back to war. Why exactly, as paragons and leaders of our respective classes, do we care? They better have an extremely compelling reason as to why we disband our effective, efficient Class Orders that were doing nothing but good things for Azeroth (Well, mostly - looking at you, Acherus...) and go back to being mere faction grunts. I'm sorry, but we've got better shit going on, it makes absolutely no sense for us to RSVP to the Alliance or Horde on this one.

What if, potentially, instead of Alliance/Horde conflict, we just replaced that one plot thread for Bolvar/The Lich King? Much like with Gul'dan, they don't have to put all the big bads in as raid bosses, and even if they do they don't have to let us kill them. It might actually make the eventual kill that much more satisfying if the plot isn't just resolved by death of the bad guy in one self-contained expansion.
    Last edited by Tydrane; 2017-11-04 at 02:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss