Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by spdr View Post
    Rickys corner in Rodeo, California.
    Boston Pizza has some really spicy boneless chicken..something called memphis something something...its really hot though.

Deleted
    KFC otherwise don't touch it

funny thing you ask, cause few friends stumbled into this place last night and the fried chicken was the best i had.
    http://eaglerestaurant.com/
    went to a gun show, purchased an AR15 and ate fried chicken. Murica!

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    funny thing you ask, cause few friends stumbled into this place last night and the fried chicken was the best i had.
    http://eaglerestaurant.com/
    went to a gun show, purchased an AR15 and ate fried chicken. Murica!
    for a second I thought the gun was free with a purchase of their fried chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    for a second I thought the gun was free with a purchase of their fried chicken.
    that would be even more murika

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest most of the fried chicken around here tastes pretty similar...even though it isn't the greatest around I've never personally tasted anything better than KFC original recipe. (Some day I have to remember to try some of their Georgia gold)

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post

The best fried chicken you ever had? 19th hole

Bone in or bone out? Bone out

Original, extra crispy or grilled? Original but now Grilled

What’s you favorite fast food chicken? KFC
    1) My childhoods friends mom from Louisiana (yes she was black, and damn was that chicken to die for)
    2) Bone in
    3) Extra crispy
    4) KFC. Popeyes would be great if I already hadn't had the real thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best fried chicken I've had was homemade.

The best fried chicken I've had from a restaurant was actually from a local Korean BBQ place. Small cuts of chicken fried in some kind of amazing, panko-like breading with a sweet and savory sauce. There was little to no detectable grease/oil - it was all crispy breading and juicy AF chicken. That's the problem with most fried chicken I've had, and why I don't particularly care for it. Too much grease and oil. Gross.

Any chicken spot that has double pane bullet proof glass with a spinning window is probably the best in the neighborhood. We have a few that are good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Michie Tavern Charlottesville, Virginia

It’s only been there sine 1784, you know, before there was a United States.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Your local joint is almost always going to beat any chain. If they don't, that local joint shouldn't exist. Of course, see this thread.

For anyone who cares, try this: After marinating your chicken in buttermilk overnight, make a blend. I do this by eye, so I don't have measurements, but it's 2:2:1:1:1:1:1:1. That is, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, oregano, black pepper, cayenne, and salt. You can skimp on the cayenne if you want. Do about a tablespoon (15ml) of that per cup (240ml) of all-purpose flour. And smash.
    I'm not gonna skimp on the cayenne.

Good pan-fried or gotta go deep-fried? We have a little fryer, but it's just easier to throw things in the pan.

Harold's Chicken Shack in Chicago is the best fried chicken I've ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'm not gonna skimp on the cayenne.

Good pan-fried or gotta go deep-fried? We have a little fryer, but it's just easier to throw things in the pan.
    Shallow fried in a cast iron pan, preferably. Use a thermometer to check the internal temp, turn it at least once, blah blah, you know the rules.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.