Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Real. I'll use a fake tree a cold day in hell. Nothing beats real for this Christmas lover <3
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Real ones are nice but they're such a pain. Down the road if I have a family I'll probably get real ones again, but for now I'm cool with fakes.

I have a fake one but when I was a small kid my dad used to take me and my sister to get a small tree. You could just go out in this place and cut it down your self.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2017-12-01 at 07:28 AM.

I love all the people who think manufacturing, boxing, and shipping a giant lump of plastic from China is somehow better for the environment than growing a tree.

We do use fake, however, because we actively hate the ecosystem and aren't excited enough about Christmas to make it worth the hassle.
    Halloween is a much better holiday. Fight me.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Deleted
    I don't have a choice, but I would rather just buy some christmas lights and chain it around the house without buying any tree. So much mess, even with fake tree.

Quote Originally Posted by yoma View Post
    I've never had a real x-mas tree, though I can't imagine the hassle and yearly expense of a real tree outweigh the benefits of a faux tree.
    Yeah, that's pretty much why we started using an artificial one. Got a really nice looking 7 footer after Christmas for around $125. A 7 foot real cut tree around here goes for about $60, $100 if it's tree and roots.

Deleted
    Get a real house with real garde and real tree, preferably 'aromatic' one. Otherwise do not have a tree at all IMO. The 'spirit' of christmas is more in the lights and smell than in the tree.
    Last edited by mmoc8c38b7d291; 2017-12-01 at 08:23 AM.

Deleted
    Real one, without a doubt!

We love them and so does our dog, which is why we put her basked underneath it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilch View Post
    Get a real house with real garde and real tree, preferably 'aromatic' one. Otherwise do not have a tree at all IMO. The 'spirit' of christmas is more in the lights and smell than in the tree.
    And IMO the spirit is more about decorating the tree (real or faux), with people you care about. I guess some people just like things to smell nice and sparkle though. To each their own.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean if the smell is so important for people, we can get it in a can.
    There's probably incense and candles that mimic the scent, too.

I don't think I'd be able to cope with a real Christmas tree, especially with all those needles...

Haven't set one up in well over a decade. The entire process is a PITA, whether real or fake.