Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Also, this in another thread:

WIP and PTR stills gives a dishonest view of things
    That looks cool as hell. They seem a lttle too blue and not enough purple.
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."

This is reminding me of Cata and worgen x goblin when they were presented.

Everyone hyped up about worgen and talking shit about goblins, but in the end, goblins turned out awesome and worgen were the laughing stock.

Now these void elves are starting to look really good, as opposed to nightborne with their ayyylien eyes and rather dull customization.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some stuff from the beta thread:
    A few facial features:

Darker skins (not shown in the wowhead preview):

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    tentacles
    Holy shit I was right. Also no 'normal' skin tones...im satisfied. This is not a high elf clone.

Too many blue skinned races. First impression is that they look like night elves with blood elf bitch face. The tentacles are cool I guess. Hoping for more normal human skin tones.

Whatever gets as many blood elf players off Horde, I'm game for.

Blueberry Elves :P

Well, they were supposed to be edgy.

They seem distinct enough from Blood Elves. I'm satisfied.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure there will be options I'll like, there always is, but from what I'm looking at: pass.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Loving the Xanatos style goatee

I don't get why people don't like the new hairstyles. I get it is a matter of taste, but some take their taste as far as making it a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    I don't get why people don't like the new hairstyles. I get it is a matter of taste, but some take their taste as far as making it a fact.
    I think most of it comes from those preview pictures showing the tentacles as bright blue highlights.

Also, some of the male hairstyles are... way too into the "emo" joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    These are absolutely horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I think most of it comes from those preview pictures showing the tentacles as bright blue highlights.

Also, some of the male hairstyles are... way too into the "emo" joke.
    The hairstyles simply reflect a more "alternative" kind of culture and that is more than welcome. Now, if people want to label them "emo" or "edgy" or whatever, well, I guess that's the internet nowadays.

Personally I am happy they are the way they are and I just hope that the community won't be too toxic about it due to whatever reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I am happy they are the way they are and I just hope that the community won't be too toxic about it due to whatever reasons.
    If I were an Alliance player, Void Elves would be the new Male Pandaren or people who transmog store helms. Auto kick.

Edge lords, nothing else to see here.

This takes the legolas meme to a whole new level, inb4 Sephiroth variations pop up all over the place.

7+ Year Old Account
    The hairstyles simply reflect a more "alternative" kind of culture and that is more than welcome. Now, if people want to label them "emo" or "edgy" or whatever, well, I guess that's the internet nowadays.

If only more people would think like that. That standard elf hate got pretty boring over the years now. Just be happy for people who enjoy and like them. It could be so easy! But whatever.. for me i'm looking forward to the new elves and other races in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    All these people being turned off of Void Elves because they're "too emo" makes me so happy.

Because it means the High Elf fans will stick to rolling Humans or Blood Elves. So I can be one of the like 5% of people playing VElves in peace.
    Trust me people like edgy stuff. People will flock to void elf like they did to DH, DK, Sylvanas, Illidan, etc.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2017-12-01 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    All these people being turned off of Void Elves because they're "too emo" makes me so happy.

Because it means the High Elf fans will stick to rolling Humans or Blood Elves. So I can be one of the like 5% of people playing VElves in peace.
    Dude, Blizzard is introducing Void Elves instead of High Elves because they know they will be more popular (and that equals more lucrative). While High Elf fans are extremely vocal, it's just a small group, mostly of roleplayers. Most people wouldn't bother with High Elfs, because they can already play Blood Elfs, so why go through the hussle of leveling Helf? Just to play on Alliance? I'd aruge it's not a lot of people interested in doing that.

Zombified emo elfs though? That's something new that can surely attract a lot more attention, especially from people who didn't know they wanted them until now.