Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Informer was catchy but rap reggae was never my thing. As for the white shit that falls from the sky I live in Ohio and work out side it's way better than rain.

I love snow when I don't have to go anywhere or be in it. I'd be happy with a white Christmas and the rest of the winter it can just snow in the mountains so we get water

10+ Year Old Account
    Love the look of it, but I'll be damned if I will go out in it.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

i used to love it as a kid
    now, i hate it, it does look pretty, and makes outdoors quiet, and peaceful

i can't stand it anymore though, im over it

I agree the way it affects traffic can be pretty negative. And the salt and sand and gravel dumped everywhere sucks. But I live in canada about 3 hours from the rockies and snow means its snowboarding season So I have to say I love it

Snow would be enjoyable if it was warm

10+ Year Old Account
    I live in Utah. Best snow on earth.

Snow is amazing. I love driving in it, snowboarding on it, sledding on it, peeing on it, etc.

I'm from Pittsburgh, and I'm 42. I can remember a time where we really had snow...not like what happens now.

"Get offa my lawn" comments aside (which is exactly what my previous sentence was), I will say there are a few things that I absolutely love about the snow:
    1) I love the sound of heavy flakes collecting late at night when nobody is around
    2) I love the smell of the winter air
    3) I love seeing people play in the snow; I love seeing people build snowmen and forts and having snowball fights.

I fucking hate the cold, though, and I hate the morons that freak out at the slightest coating on the streets (and there are plenty here in Pittsburgh).
    Temps below 65 can eat a bag of dicks as far as I'm concerned. Yeah, I know that I live in the wrong climate, but I also know I'm not going anywhere anytime soon (unless my kid decides to leave the city at some point).

TL;DR: I hate the cold, but I love the snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    I live in Utah. Best snow on earth.

Snow is amazing. I love driving in it, snowboarding on it, sledding on it, peeing on it, etc.
    You love driving in it even with all of our idiots?

10+ Year Old Account
    It knows nothing.

Deleted
    In b4 he knows nothing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    Last year around this time:

[IMG][img]https://i.imgur.com/AFFQWdt.jpg[/ig][/IG]

This year:

[IMG][img]https://i.imgur.com/wQPCE6b.jpg[/ig][/IG]

Seems like there less and less snow each year

I love snow, I loved it more before I got a car though :P
    Wow that's gorgeous. C....can I visit....
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Not a fan of driving in it, but I do love a winter storm.

We finally got some snow down in the Houston area after 8 years. The last time I saw snow was also 8 years ago when I was stationed over in D.C. That was the winter season that The Capital Weather Gang started giving winter storms the crazy names, like Snowmageddon and Snowpocalypse.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decemb...rican_blizzard
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Februa...rican_blizzard
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Februa...rican_blizzard

Before these 3 storms and earlier in the season, our President Obama criticized government agencies for delaying the start of work by 2 hours in the DC area to allow for more travel time after an overnight snowfall. I remember him comparing our weather to Chicago's, and saying that up there they never would have delayed work for this and that their Winters were much worse. Many of my civilian co-workers were not amused. Much of the D.C. metro area would go on to beat Chicago in snowfall totals that year. Obama was a pretty good President, but I think that is one statement he won't ever live down in the Mid-Atlantic region, lol.
    Last edited by Laerrus; 2017-12-11 at 07:39 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty, generally I like it, as a Canadian I'm prepared for it.

As a Vancouverite I'm also prepared for the rain.

What I dislike is when it rains slush - then the air is so humid and cold it's way worse than a dry snow, or a warm-ish (Vancouver) rain.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

These dyas, I have that moment when I watch it fall, and my inner child goes, "ooo...pretty."
    That lasts for all of a few minutes followed by a sigh and ..."I gotta drive in this shit..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellarielle View Post
    You love driving in it even with all of our idiots?
    Makes things more exciting

BTW, the only idiots driving in the snow in Utah are those damn Californians

Fun for snowboarding, making snowmen with the kids and snowball fights and stuff like that. I like cold weather in general, being Canadian and all.

But shovelling the motherfucking shit off your car in the morning? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK OOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

10+ Year Old Account
    What's nice about snow is only available when you can protect yourself from the cold. Coming home after a long walk, drinking a good coffee/hot chocolate while listening to winter songs is delightful.

Alternatively, light snow has a very unique and calming atmosphere.

Snow storms have a very calming rumble to it, although the pleasure will almost always result from the fact that you're "protected" from it.

Now, damp snow is crap and feels bad. I don't want to come home wet because of the snow and its humidity!
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    He knows nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as it stays below 0c after the snow falls I don't mind it.

What I do mind is the times when there's a ton of snow at first, and then it flips around to about plus 2c for a day or two to then drop back down to -10c. It gets slippery as all hell. It's that middle in between proper snow and no snow where there's snow but it's horribly wet that's annoying.