Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Valrysha View Post
    Blizzard is stupid for putting in inane limitations on something that shouldn't have it.

Also, It's hardly my fault that Blizzard put no effort into trying to balance servers.

And yes, Screw me for wanting to raid with my friends on their server. What an idiot I am.
    They're going to change how pvp flagging works

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    They're going to change how pvp flagging works
    With how fucked up CRZ is in Legion do you really trust the monkeys at Blizzard to make this system work right? I don't that is for sure.

Sorry the more shit like this is being put out from Blizzard the more i really don't want to play WoW. Why do i need rep for a key "feature" of a future expansion, it doesn't make any sense no matter how you spin it. The content for BfA is looking really slim as well, so adding more and more gating to shit all content there is coming with bfa and it doesn't look like a buy for me... But it's early days yet and I might be surprised ROFL

the limitation is probably there so people feel compelled to purchase BfA and dont expect to get "free" content that they can enjoy without purchasing another expac.

imagine the horror if untold dozens of players find it worthwhile to replay the game as an allied race from 1 to 110 without purchasing the new expac.

What do you think the PTR is for? Just looking at things and going 'ooh'
    No, it's for testing the content, and then saying 'X and Y need to be improved'
    in this case, this limitation needs to go before it hits the live servers.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.wowhead.com/news=278673/7...d-race-strings
    Well that's stupid.....account wide should mean account wide, not account wide with a pretty severe limitation.

Thanks for the link.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Am I getting a boost for every server? No, okay then. Not everyone plays on 1 server. I have a number of friends split among many servers.

This expansion alone, there have been about 4 friends I've level up with on a completely different server, 1 of which was completely new. I was able to play any race I wanted to, barring faction restrictions.

Rather than get annoyed that people aren't liking it, how about you provide a reason for people to accept it? There's no reason (that I've seen*) that the new races should have any requirements attached to them aside from having BfA, much less something as arbitrary as, "Reach level 110 on this server".

Hero classes had level requirement, but they also started at a high level, which made sense. These races start at level 20... out of level 120.

An account-wide "Reach level 110" and/or a server-wide "Reach level 20" is what I'm expecting this to change to. Honestly, I can't see this staying.
    did you know that the requirements are ACCOUNT-WIDE and also CROSS-FACTION (only on the reputation side)? You need a lvl 110 to be able to do the unlock quests for each race. I dont get how that is bad...
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpbladez View Post
    Still find it funny that you guys think stuff on the PTR is final.
    Umpteen years of Blizzard failing to listen to the community during PTR "testing" is a strong indication they will try and shove this nonsensical bullshit through, only in a year to go "oh, we see there is a problem" and 2 years after that try and fix it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantupino View Post
    did you know that the requirements are ACCOUNT-WIDE
    The level 110 requirement is not account-wide. It's server specific. You can only create Allied Races on servers with a 110 present.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...TR-Build-25727
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...TR-Build-25716

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    Level limitation is fine IMO, i'm just sitting here wondering wtf the argussian reach have to do with void elves. The other 3 reputations make complete sense but this one is just... really?
    Well, there's the Void-purged Krokul guys you can get to do missions. One of their abilities is called Touched by Void, so I figure that's it... Cause aside from that I have no clue either

There is no existing void elf faction, so they picked Argussian Reach, looks like.

They should have removed the faction requirement entirely and instead used the "You Are Now Prepared!" achievement, which determines if you finished all the Argus quests and thus were introduced to void elves. Yes it's easier to get than exalted with Argussian Reach but it does have the distinct advantage of making sense.

Then again, maybe the void elf questline that gives the mount will interact with the Argussian Reach in some meaningful way, which would be perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpbladez View Post
    Still find it funny that you guys think stuff on the PTR is final.
    Yes, because Blizzard totally didn't implement so many things that people complained about during Alpha/Beta/PTR on Live anyway Cus those are just for testing, amirite? Noooo need to worry xD

OT: Personally not affected by the 110 level limitation because I have a level 102 Alliance character on an Alliance-heavy realm which I will level in time (problem will be getting to exalted with Argussian Reach and Army of the Light... still not exalted with those even on my main...). But I do understand how it could be problematic... I hope Blizzard rethinks their requirements. New races are features that draw in new players... Until they find out they need to get exalted with the Nightborne (or any of the other races) first and just say "well, fuck this"
    Last edited by Shinrael; 2017-12-22 at 02:41 AM.

Maybe the Allied Races are not meant to be catered towards new players, ever thought of that? Based on the list of requirements (need a 110 on that realm and exalted reputation), they are clearly meant to be prestige races, even if the work required to get them is quite simple.

If the Allied Races are part of 7.3.5 there is plenty of prep time for people who want to roll them.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by Lightforged View Post
    Make a DK > Level to 70 > Make a DH > Level to 110

Pay $25 to move a 110 to the new realm

Pay $60 to buy a 100 boost > level to 110

Pre-Order BFA > Wait for BFA pre-launch > Boost random character to 110

Order BfA > Pay $60 to buy a a 110 boost
    Honestly, the DK > DH trick is so easy it's ridiculous. Like 3 days of work with minimal play.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    problem will be getting to exalted with Argussian Reach and Army of the Light... still not exalted with those even on my main...
    There's still time, least effort (but not fastest) way would be:
    - send order hall missions for rep tokens
    - camp when is specific emissary and do it (if any rep bonus like DMF is up, use it)
    - if there is any WQ that gives rep tokens (they infrequently spawn), farm these on all alts and funnel into your main

Farming single WQs 75 rep per is kinda lame. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, really? That does seem quite pointless to me, hope that changes.

Level limitation is fine IMO, i'm just sitting here wondering wtf the argussian reach have to do with void elves. The other 3 reputations make complete sense but this one is just... really?
    I took it as it being because the story with Alleria is involved with the Reach.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Deleted
    Because you need to recruit them, and that can only happen if you have played through the relevant storylines in Legion. There you go. No need for conspiracy theories.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you actually played the Argus campaign? D'oh...

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    There's still time, least effort (but not fastest) way would be:
    - send order hall missions for rep tokens
    - camp when is specific emissary and do it (if any rep bonus like DMF is up, use it)
    - if there is any WQ that gives rep tokens (they infrequently spawn), farm these on all alts and funnel into your main

Farming single WQs 75 rep per is kinda lame. :/
    Thing is, I barely have time to play my main. I just log in to do the missions, some world quests every now and then (when I run out of order hall resources and/or when there is an Argussian Reach/Army emissary). I have yet to level my Alliance character to 110, and only when I do can I begin grinding stuff on him... But ye, will figure something out before BfA. Not in such an incredible hurry after all. Will enjoy my time ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    I have yet to level my Alliance character to 110, and only when I do can I begin grinding stuff on him...
    I sure hope the datamined info saying the achievement for rep / questlines being account wide means I don't have to regrind suramaritarian or nightfallen exalted on my horde toon if my alliance main has it, as long as at least one char on the account has it. Here's to the hopes we can unlock allied races on opposite faction without regrinding reps.

Blizzard is stupid for putting in inane limitations on something that shouldn't have it.

Also, It's hardly my fault that Blizzard put no effort into trying to balance servers.

And yes, Screw me for wanting to raid with my friends on their server. What an idiot I am.
    Blizzard doesn't owe you anything. Allied races are a cosmetic option ffs, get over it.
    I feel so bad for the alliance, attracting all the annoying whiney players due to the emo elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastian View Post
    It will be changed. Dont worry, nobody want it like this.
    I won't be surprised if they go in the direction of the DK, have the level restriction around for an xpac or two, then remove it. Or just outright remove it before they're even fully implemented into the game.