Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Why are everyone always focusing on the DPS.

The mechanics of frost is completely broken. Most of the talents are completely garbage. I don't care about the dps (relatively), but I want a spec with different talent choices and not a 100 % cookie cutter build that ends with F*CKING obliteration. That talent is as fun as looking into a gray wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post

The mechanics of frost is completely broken. Most of the talents are completely garbage. I don't care about the dps (relatively), but I want a spec with different talent choices and not a 100 % cookie cutter build that ends with F*CKING obliteration. That talent is as fun as looking into a gray wall.
    Cause he thinks that's my gripe with frost....When it hasn't been....I mean I want BoS to come back but I'm not moaning about it in any of my posts the past couple of days. But he brings it up like I've been crying for a year about it....when in reality...I stopped posting here for a while and literally posted my first thing in the DK forums in quite a few months. Anyways, w/e....Frost mechanically is a mess and has been for a while.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post

Gray is my favorite color
    I like obliteration. It's the 3rd button I press
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Funfact: the extra death coils do everything a normal death coil does, they proc RC, reduce dark transformation cd if talented, increase pet energy... everything but buffing the valkyr . Guess if they change that alone UH would be on par with frost?

Quote Originally Posted by Nezia View Post
    Funfact: the extra death coils do everything a normal death coil does, they proc RC, reduce dark transformation cd if talented, increase pet energy... everything but buffing the valkyr . Guess if they change that alone UH would be on par with frost?
    I think think Frost would be slightly better....they'd be closer for sure though. I'd wait for 7.3.5 for that fix, if it happens at all though...which seems it should cause it does all the other things too..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    I think think Frost would be slightly better....they'd be closer for sure though. I'd wait for 7.3.5 for that fix, if it happens at all though...which seems it should cause it does all the other things too..
    nah. if the extra DC gave more Valk attacks, warcraftlogs would be a sea of green names. again. it would just be too insane like the Razer phone! (LTT video)

messing around on Argus as UH cause my shoulders have steadfast enchant, It was very noticeable how fast DT was up. @Nezia is correct. the 4 pieces does all of that and more Scourge of the World procs too. Frost this tier is just that powerful that all those UH bonuses nip at the heels of 4 piece, belt, bracer, and/or CH...

again if you think frost is a dummy 2 button spec I DARE YOU to pug N/H ToS or ABT. hell, start your own group and add a few DKs. you will see what the majority of the player based can do... and realizes its not a 2 button "go full retard" spec.
    Filthy Casual

Haha you are welcome bro.
    Im just doing the +15 with soul reaper+infected claws and wrist/ring legendaries (for the aoe)
    anyways, normal ST damage talents also work. and ring+chest legendary

But yeah frost might be better for most ST fights/mythics...

im utterly disgusted by the unholy set , im doing SO LITTLE DPS with that 4 set that i wanna sell this piece of shit garbage gear ... this 4 set is the biggest disappointment in GAME EVER !!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prothynyas View Post
    im utterly disgusted by the unholy set , im doing SO LITTLE DPS with that 4 set that i wanna sell this piece of shit garbage gear ... this 4 set is the biggest disappointment in GAME EVER !!!!
    Best farming for mythic t20 I think

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Best farming for mythic t20 I think
    yup. enjoy pugging ToS and praying for 940 WF tier in that poop hole!

Like I said earlier: first 3 weeks of ABT it was 50/50 on every boss UH and frost. didnt matter what you played.
    Now its a sea of blue names with a green one here and there per 100.... clearly Frost is the winner this tier.

i tried a 15 with 3 VP relics thinking I was gonna crush trash and bosses and nope. then I tried 2 DC relics and 1 VP on some normal bosses after my Apoc was ilevel 984 and same thing. dead last in that pug.

RIP UH
    Filthy Casual

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    yup. enjoy pugging ToS and praying for 940 WF tier in that poop hole!

Like I said earlier: first 3 weeks of ABT it was 50/50 on every boss UH and frost. didnt matter what you played.
    Now its a sea of blue names with a green one here and there per 100.... clearly Frost is the winner this tier.

i tried a 15 with 3 VP relics thinking I was gonna crush trash and bosses and nope. then I tried 2 DC relics and 1 VP on some normal bosses after my Apoc was ilevel 984 and same thing. dead last in that pug.

RIP UH
    Yeah dc relics seem pretty poo for all situations.

I think blitz intended the bonus procs to proc rc etc but now are too proud to fix it

No one has mentioned another useful aspect of this, which is that the procced Death Coils count towards DT CD reduction if taking Shadow Infusion. You can potentially fully reset your DT in just a couple of globals if you get lucky. No massive DPS gain, but I think it is worth mentioning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazdk View Post
    No one has mentioned another useful aspect of this, which is that the procced Death Coils count towards DT CD reduction if taking Shadow Infusion. You can potentially fully reset your DT in just a couple of globals if you get lucky. No massive DPS gain, but I think it is worth mentioning.
    Is that definitely true? If it is (I have no reason not to believe you) then my conspiracy theory about it not proccing rc etc is bollox

15+ Year Old Account
    What a shit 4set bonus sims for half the damage that 2set gives, even less.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    What a shit 4set bonus sims for half the damage that 2set gives, even less.
    Farm mythic t20 and hope for a t21 buff.

Of course a t20 NERF is much more likely ;(

Buff unholy please blitz!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    DPS wise both specs are pretty good. The one thing killing me is the lack of mobility. and before anyone can say "Hurr durr you haz wraith walk" , its a shit mobility tool with the cd that is has. Anything would be better, a shorter cd, 2 charges, a fucking pair of roller skates, ANYTHING.
    Back OT, i just got my tier helm so i can use unholy again. Im eager to try it after this hotfix.
    It's insane how bad it is. It still has the animation that blizzard said was a "filler".

They just need a flat move speed increase.

Hey guys/girls. I have a question: I have a alt DK that I'm looking to gear up more (currently 930 ilvl) but im having a hard time deciding whether to go frost or unholy. My dps legendaries are Cold heart and the talent ring. From what I understand the Cold Heart chest is pretty good (Best in Slot, maybe) for Unholy but only decent for Frost. As far as the talent ring goes, I'm not sure.

Frost seems to be the more rotation-friendly spec of the two and the easiest to learn, but also seems to be lesser fun spec. I know this is subjective, of course, but thats just my first feeling of the spec.

As far as tier set goes I have no tier set at all yet as I havent even tried getting in a normal Antorus run yet, and I have no old tier 20 pieces at all and I'm not really looking to do to ToS for it either.