Poll: Which class will you ding first?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Hunters didn't need self heals or survivabilty in vanilla because a hunter with at least half a brain didn't get hit & let his pet tank everything for him.
    Their ability to do so only went so far though. Being a good hunter also required a LOT of time and effort due to how pets worked back then, ammo too. Not sure the extra effort to be viable is worth it when other classes do it just as good if not better. You make a fair point though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    OT: Priest. If I am to play the dreaded Classic I will do so with possibly the hardest one to solo with. I pained through one in tBC as well and fully remember drinking after every trash pull. Pulling more than 2 often time lead to death.
    No matter what spec you decide on priest, ALWAYS pick spirit tap until level cap. It should be your first 5 talent points spent. Killing blows trigger high mana regen. On my priest in vanilla I had always done blackout at 60 because I liked to pvp back then too & a stun was very nice and could proc from my undead racial. Then I got to reading on the forums somewhere (here or official ones) about the suggest talent is actually spirit tap for pve so I tried it out and found I didn't go OOM when I was out questing in the world. I did some times respec into blackout if our raiding for the week was over & I was going to pvp with some friends but most of the time I kept my spirit tap.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulatomten View Post
    Druid.
    Because it is the one of the three classes able to tank and is the class with the least awful playstyle.
    Also because it can do more than just one role.
    If you're honestly looking for a tank for vanilla, that would be a warrior. Druid & paladin tanks sucked ass back then. If you played a druid back then you were expected to heal because balance was a joke (they were called oomkins because they went oom fast and couldn't even auto attack from a distance) and feral was meh. And paladins couldn't even taunt because they didn't have it.

Really all depends on which version of vanilla we get. Probably warrior again?

Deleted
    the majority of u lot aint got the willpower to level a warrior, pahahaaaaa!

7+ Year Old Account
    As much as I love my druid, probably level a warlock first.

Priest most likely.

There's always demand for healers and leveling up requires only a good wand.

If you're honestly looking for a tank for vanilla, that would be a warrior. Druid & paladin tanks sucked ass back then. If you played a druid back then you were expected to heal because balance was a joke (they were called oomkins because they went oom fast and couldn't even auto attack from a distance) and feral was meh. And paladins couldn't even taunt because they didn't have it.
    Thank you for your concern, but i am fully aware of the negatives(and i don't realy care what other thinks about them, like druids). I won't nessisary do any raiding as Bear, it's just that Warrior tanking playstyle is so god damn awful while druid is just marginally better. So it whould have to be Druid.
    And on the point on balance/resto etc. I choose Druid because it is the best candidate for what i want to do and fulfill my requirements. Namely being able to tank. That leaves out every class except Druid, Paladin & Warrior. Then it have to be able to heal, leaving out Warrior and then have to have a dps spec that isn't god awful. That leaves out Paladin since Feral has a working mechanics whereas Paladins just stand there and wait untill the mob/boss dies.
    So Druid is The only class option for me to play as a main in Classic.
    Last edited by Zulatomten; 2017-12-30 at 12:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Warlock in vanilla, the amount of Warlocks in the poll surprises me. I hope all who plan on rolling Warlock are aware of the following:

- Soul Shard management (you will need to farm shards for raids, and even during raids).
    - Summoning bot (you will end up summoning half your raid because they can't be bothered).
    - As Alliance you are melee cannon fodder in PvP.
    - Garr and MC will make you wish you never heard the word "BANISH" again.
    - You most likely see your CoE fall off because Warriors think Deep Wounds or Rend is a good idea.
    - Your Warlock epic mount is not free unlike everyone thinks.

On the plus side: It is a fun class to play, and I'll roll one again in classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't decide between:

Undead Rogue.
    Orc Warlock.
    A Shaman.
    Gnome Warrior.

Unless i decide to go the PvE way, then it's NE Warrior.

Sadly, this is vanilla, so i cant play the faction and race i like, but rather what is better.

Also, Undead and Gnomes have an advantage, gear already looks like crap on them.
    So it wont bother me THAT much that there wont be transmog (sadly).
    Last edited by Alex86el; 2017-12-30 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Honestly not sure, will need to look up which classes are good at what in whatever iteration of Vanilla they launch with. As much as I love Hunter, I hate leveling with little to no survivability/ self heals and whatnot. Just going by that though, I'd have to say Druid would be my first.
    Lolol hunters are easily the most solo friendly class there is. They excel at leveling, farming, elite quests...

- - - Updated - - -

Still largely undecided. Warlock or hunter would be easiest. Warrior probably hardest... all 3 are attractive to me. So we will see once the gameis closer to launch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    As a Warlock in vanilla, the amount of Warlocks in the poll surprises me. I hope all who plan on rolling Warlock are aware of the following:

- Soul Shard management (you will need to farm shards for raids, and even during raids).
    - Summoning bot (you will end up summoning half your raid because they can't be bothered).
    - As Alliance you are melee cannon fodder in PvP.
    - Garr and MC will make you wish you never heard the word "BANISH" again.
    - You most likely see your CoE fall off because Warriors think Deep Wounds or Rend is a good idea.
    - Your Warlock epic mount is not free unlike everyone thinks.

On the plus side: It is a fun class to play, and I'll roll one again in classic.
    Nah... Warlocks are super popular on the current places you can play vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    That is at 1.12 though, and Warlocks received a lot of changes from start of vanilla. Back in vanilla Warlocks were not a popular class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    It's generally agreed on by all that nobody wants to relive the class balance from the start of Vanilla. So I doubt Blizzard would consider having things go that far back for class balance. So people are basing their picks around 1.12 class balance and Warlocks look nice if you consider that.

Alliance Warlocks are still going to be unicorns though.6
    While I agree, 1.12 poses a huge problem for all content prior to Naxxramas, as it will be way too easy with 1.12 patch. If we launch with 1.12 I probably won't play Warlock, and might opt for Priest instead - unless my friends decide to go Alliance (doubtful).

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post

I find they are usually one of the least played classes.

Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    When launch gets closer and we start getting server forums, I will be looking for a priest to level with my mage. disc/mage leveling allows for MUCH broader aoe farming. mages can only solo farm masses of melee mobs because they can kite them. but with a disc priest. a mage can farm nearly anything. meaning we could go to places that other mages won't be.
    You won't be aoe farming at launch my friend..

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll probably ding a hunter first, for the sake of an efficient farming toon, but I'll be maining a healer of some manner, most likely a dwarf holy priest, and use the hunter to fund her leveling and endgame needs.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Mage first then probably a Paladin

No idea until they tell us what these servers all entail.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt, many people will go past level 10, before they get bored and return to BfA..

Personally, I have no interrest in Vanilla content..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

No matter what spec you decide on priest, ALWAYS pick spirit tap until level cap. It should be your first 5 talent points spent. Killing blows trigger high mana regen. On my priest in vanilla I had always done blackout at 60 because I liked to pvp back then too & a stun was very nice and could proc from my undead racial. Then I got to reading on the forums somewhere (here or official ones) about the suggest talent is actually spirit tap for pve so I tried it out and found I didn't go OOM when I was out questing in the world. I did some times respec into blackout if our raiding for the week was over & I was going to pvp with some friends but most of the time I kept my spirit tap.

Druids and paladins didn't suck ass... but warrior simply had a more complete toolkit and better itemization... and healers were a rarity overall (so guilds were happier if you went heal instead).

So while you're not completely wrong, you aren't right either. In 5-20 man content taking a druid or paladin tank was totally normal and in quite a few cases they were even better. They were even better in some 40-man fights, like paladins @ Garr. The lack of a true taunt for paladins might seem game-breaking at first, but many raid bosses are taunt immune (or taunting off does not make sense). I personally knows a prot paladin who was an MT (and he got Thunderfurry) and he would build up aggro faster than warriors as well (and obv. they have the better AOE tanking).

So yeah... while warriors are the to-go tank, there are definetly some (non-niche) significant uses for druid and paladins tanks (at least as an off-tank and off-spec), at least in later patches when their itemization, spells etc. improve.

And also moonkin: Yes, they suck overall... but they are quite good in PVP and if someone really wants to play a moonkin, most guilds would tolerate 1 for the extra buff.

And feral DPS is extremely underestimated here. They can be very competitive overall + they can offtank in emergencies and cr too (which is a good compensation for the overall smaller, but still quite competitive, dps compared to pure dps classes), so if I saw an enthusiastic cat as a RL, I'd definetly take 1-3.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2017-12-31 at 02:43 PM.