Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It does... at least, in my opinion.
    It's a recurring joke here that American beer is awful, more a cider man myself

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not so much the foggy part, which partly comes from all those period dramas set in Victorian London, but it does rain a lot in Britain and not just in Autumn/Winter.

And I lived in the South, which typically has better weather than Oop North where you are from.

Adam, stop trying to blag it, there are many inaccurate stereotypes about Britain, but having shitty weather is not one of them.
    I didn't say we don't have shitty weather just that it isn't always shitty...

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    It's a joke here too, I mean if you have any dignity it is. Those who don't drink fizzy water with alcohol in, they have no shame in buying a case for 7 bucks.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

I'd agree with regards to the mega-breweries. There's more small batch stuff here than you can shake a stick at though, I'm sure it's similar in the UK. Then it's a different story.

Wine's better anyhow.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't say we don't have shitty weather just that it isn't always shitty...
    It’s mostly shitty though.

The main reason I left England was because the weather was so crappy, even in the Summer you can’t assume it won’t rain.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would explain why it's a desolate wasteland. No sunlight, no life.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Someone should tell them it's always raining, foggy, and grey.
    Please also tell the mid west it is always cold and raining during the Rose Parade.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the UK has this misconception that it's always raining, foggy and grey... Do you believe this?

Granted in Autumn and Winter the weather is usually overcast and miserable but come Spring and Summer we do get some awesome sunshine!
    eh. i dunno. when i was there for two weeks. there were some glorious sunny days and some REALLY DREARY rainy foggy days.

was in hounslow.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Deleted
    It’s mostly shitty though.

The main reason I left England was because the weather was so crappy, even in the Summer you can’t assume it won’t rain.
    It's like that in most European countries - I visited Spain in Summer once, rainfall for 5 days

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    UK has almost 1/2 the amount of sunshine that most USA states have. So yes, for good reason we think that it's very often rainy, cloudy and grey.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like that in most European countries - I visited Spain in Summer once, rainfall for 5 days
    You were just unlucky, Spain typically has much better weather.

It rained here about an hour ago for the first time in a week, maybe more but I was in England, people here have been wearing t-shirts, shorts and flip flops...in January. It was a clear blue sky, warm and sunny this afternoon.

Deleted
    You were just unlucky, Spain typically has much better weather.

It rained here about an hour ago for the first time in a week, maybe more but I was in England, people here have been wearing t-shirts, shorts and flip flops...in January. It was a clear blue sky, warm and sunny this afternoon.
    My point was Spain isn't always sunny and the UK isn't always raining... The stereotype is it's always miserable which isn't true

Having spent most of my years living in Blackpool with it's average temperature being 30 degrees the first time I ever saw it rain was on holiday in Spain. Now people will tell they've seen it rain in Blackpool but it's the humidity, it's like "air sweat" it's not actually rain!....it just looks like rain.

10+ Year Old Account
    My point was Spain isn't always sunny and the UK isn't always raining... The stereotype is it's always miserable which isn't true
    The weather is mostly miserable in Britain, so the stereotype is fairly accurate. Even more so in the part of the country where you come from compared to where I am from.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Having spent most of my years living in Blackpool with it's average temperature being 30 degrees the first time I ever saw it rain was on holiday in Spain. Now people will tell they've seen it rain in Blackpool but it's the humidity, it's like "air sweat" it's not actually rain!....it just looks like rain.
    30 degrees Fahrenheit?

30 degrees Fahrenheit?
    I refuse to be drawn on such an obvious bait and as such will not be clarifying. Shame on you Kalis.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Like Tennis.
    I believe every Canadian is like him
    Please don't, most of us would take that some way other than fondly.

So the UK has this misconception that it's always raining, foggy and grey... Do you believe this?

Granted in Autumn and Winter the weather is usually overcast and miserable but come Spring and Summer we do get some awesome sunshine!
    I guess those people also think there are bears in Russia walking down the streets...
    Yet to see one, though
    It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... No, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway.

I live in the North West on the coast, this description isn't actually far wrong for our weather!

I actually read a study on this once. Apparently it's not that England actually has worse weather than anywhere else, it's just that we complain continually about the weather far more than anybody else, to the point that everybody assumes that we have worse weather than we actually do.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I actually read a study on this once. Apparently it's not that England actually has worse weather than anywhere else, it's just that we complain continually about the weather far more than anybody else, to the point that everybody assumes that we have worse weather than we actually do.
    Google not finding this for me.

Link?

We haven't had a proper summer in Wales for years, bloody raining all the time.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4