Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    They still look better than the current horde playable trolls.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nothing about those gronn protrusions say "rock." Judging by the nature of the striation, it looks entirely like horn/bone material.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Nothing about those gronn protrusions say "rock." Judging by the nature of the striation, it looks entirely like horn/bone material.
    Yes, except for the fact that Gronn are literally descendants of creatures of stone. They might not be literal rocks, but they're clearly meant to be reminiscent of them. And they're features that other Earth-related creatures, like Drogbar, tend to possess. They're stone-like, even if not actual stone.

That makes it likely that Trolls, who are associated as creatures of stone in our own mythology, are Earth-related. Other than that, they also have similar features to Djinn. So Elemental ancestry doesn't seem so odd to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Shouldn't evolution try to improve things?
    Why would dinosaurs regress like that
    I mean, assuming they actually evolved from dinosaurs... they became a civilization with a massive empire that domesticates dinosaurs and is all around quite powerful in its own right. How is that regressing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePallyRanger View Post
    Given that the Zandalari have scales on their bodies and a massive dinosaur themes, is it possible that they are descendants of raptors or some other dino? I can sort of see a resemblance.

It wouldn't be unprecedented given that a lot of races in WoW are descendants of or mutation of various animals.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Yes, except for the fact that Gronn are literally descendants of creatures of stone. They might not be literal rocks, but they're clearly meant to be reminiscent of them. And they're features that other Earth-related creatures, like Drogbar, tend to possess. They're stone-like, even if not actual stone.

That makes it likely that Trolls, who are associated as creatures of stone in our own mythology, are Earth-related. Other than that, they also have similar features to Djinn. So Elemental ancestry doesn't seem so odd to me.
    Sure. I'm just saying - Zandalari trolls have not rocks but horns/bony protrusions on them.

Deleted
    Troll could possibly descend from earth elementals...i remember that in the WoTA novels, krasus encounter a stone troll guarding neltharion's lair

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    I mean, assuming they actually evolved from dinosaurs... they became a civilization with a massive empire that domesticates dinosaurs and is all around quite powerful in its own right. How is that regressing?
    Somewhat reliable scientists have demonstrated that going from dinosaur from non-dinosaur, while maybe useful for certain survival conditions, make you so uncool that it outweights the pros

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Jungle and Ice Trolls, yes. Sand Trolls have no fur, Forest Trolls have moss and Zandalari have scales.
    Source of them having scales? Because the Vol'jin novel says otherwise, instead referencing that Zandalari also have fur.

Quote Originally Posted by Kufell View Post
    Source of them having scales? Because the Vol'jin novel says otherwise, instead referencing that Zandalari also have fur.
    Scales, or rock. Idk whatever it is you see on their body texture. But honestly, if trolls have fur, the most ancient trolls having scales kind of makes sense in an (obviously fantasy) evolutionary way.