View Poll Results: Is this okay?

Voters
43. This poll is closed
  • Yep. Absolutely.

23 53.49%
  • No. Why aren't the parents doing these tasks?

20 46.51%
Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Choosing your career over your kids

I came across this and it really is disturbing how much of parenting people are willing to shift to caretakers.

Even worse is they want to pay them minimum wage to do an important job like you know, raising their kids.

If you really are so busy then maybe not have kids?

What do you think?

Last edited by Tennis; 2018-01-21 at 07:04 AM.

I wouldn't get out of bed for $12 an hour

Average working folks should be able to afford kids. If they can't, it's because the Man is keeping them down with low wages and long hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gob View Post
    Average working folks should be able to afford kids. If they can't, it's because the Man is keeping them down with low wages and long hours.
    The problem is when they want the SUV and the 4 bedroom house and the Sandals vacation and they end up thinking to themselves "we both gotta work. Let's hire a complete stranger to raise our kids"

its all about the mighty $$ these days

And Career women want the kids before 40 & the career itself.

I kinda blame it on the cost of housing and immigration.

If the cost of housing wasn't so expensive, then one partner could work while the other stayed home & bought up the children.
    However, because countries like Canada & Australia have allowed the most populous nation on the planet to buy housing._(China)
    A Mortgage these days costs so much $$ it now requires 2 incomes to maintain.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a fan of them saying "the children." It really sounds like they don't even care about them. I would have at least said their names and then used "them", or not even use pronouns and said like bathing or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcitng View Post
    I wouldn't get out of bed for $12 an hour
    and its canadian money too, barely $9 US

10+ Year Old Account
    The job requirements are just fine, whereas the pay is absolutely dogshit.

Anytime we pay a sitter to watch our kids we end up paying $13/hr (their price, not ours) with a minimum of three hours charged.
    We also have no expectation of anything outside our children being watched and kept safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I'm not a fan of them saying "the children." It really sounds like they don't even care about them. I would have at least said their names and then used "them", or not even use pronouns and said like bathing or something.
    They don't.

Its just another box to be checked on the merry go round of upper middle class existence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    and its canadian money too, barely $9 US
    That works out to roughly $360 a week, 440 in Canadian dollarydoos I suppose, Aside from having to work less hours you'd get roughly the same pay at McDonalds, and more at Wal-mart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

I don't see a problem with having children in day care 40 hours a week.

The alternative is having one parent at home taking care of the kids, which is unfair to almost everyone involved. The parent who stays home with the kids gives up their career and their future career, the one who works deserves to spend just as much time with the kids as the other parent, the kids deserve to see and interact with both parents equally.

Yes, it's not ideal having kids taken care of by "stranger", but the alternative is worse in my opinion.

Ideal would be that each parent works 2.5 days per week, but that's not enough to support a family. Both parents working sets a good example.
    Last edited by Thermor; 2018-01-21 at 08:27 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gob View Post
    Nonsense. All through history, your kids would literally starve if you werent able to provide.

Nothing has changed in that regard. If you still have to work 12 dollar an hour jobs when you are mature, you should not get children (yet).

But i thought woman wanted to be at work and sticking it to the man by being successful and now you say that is not a good idea cause those woman are now neglecting there parenting duties?

Iam confused?

There's no way you can be a full time nanny and accomplish all of that with any degree of competence with just a 40-hour work week.
    Signature not found

7+ Year Old Account
    I think if you want kids in a modern world where both men and women work (often due to low paying jobs compared to baby boomer generation being more common and housing being more expensive) then your only option is a nanny or a parent to stay at home. I personally cannot have kids anymore so no stake in this but I'd not judge someone who did either as there are many factors to a child having a happy and healthy life which cannot be judged on that one aspect alone really none of my business without concrete proof that anything there doing is harmful to the child. As long as the parents do spend time with the children as well I can't see any neglect issues in this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it that much different than when working parents take their kids to daycare? I don't see a problem here. Most parents work these days.

Does anyone of their deathbed wish they spent more time working?
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    If you still have to work 12 dollar an hour jobs when you are mature, you should not get children (yet).
    i dont know how things work up there in the netherlands, but in the US 12 dollar an hour jobs are pretty common. ya take what ya can get.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Deleted
    $11.40 an hour? You earn more than that stacking shelves in a supermarket in my country. As for the live-in sort of nanny itself, I don't really have a problem with it, but they should be extremely well vetted, experienced, and better paid than that. I don't think I could ever trust anyone else with that task, I'd at least want to meet every family they've worked for long-term, and the children the person had helped raise.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    Does anyone of their deathbed wish they spent more time working?
    I sometimes wonder if radical feminists get that?

They cant have there cake and eat it so its either climb all the way to the top of the corporate ladder or have and nurture and raise children themselves cause in this day and age you cant really have both.

Can woman do both sure they can but they better have the energy to do both or as this thread is about they will have to palm off there kids off to nannys to be able to handle the workload.