Page 1 of 35
... LastLast

Ele Shaman Early Beta datamining spellchanges

I'll just list the changes in links below along with my thought on them. So maybe it'd make the discussion more convenient. Some of the links are might not shown because I link it from wowhead. You can always check the more comprehensive notes here and the new talent here.

New Stuff
    Fire Nova - Wonder if this spell is really coming back, because it doesn't listed on wowhead.
    Fulmination - A new change to Fulmination.
    Epicenter - Returning of WoD's CL perk with a new name.
    Tremor Totem - Nice to have this back.
    Molten Fury - Tier 1 (lv 15) talent. Personally I'd prefer Totem Mastery over this one.
    Volcanic Rage - Tier 2 (lv 30) talent. Additional aoe spell. Doubt it'd perform great, if it's not just make our aoe rotation more clusterfckd. I even think that EQ damage should've just worked like this. Burst damage on the first impact then followed by small dot.
    Spirit Wolf - Tier 3 (lv 45) talent. Might be useful on some cirscumtances, like on levelling maybe.
    Earth Shield - Tier 3 (lv 45) talent. Unlike resto's ES in honor talent, this one doesn't have the damage reduction part. I doubt if this shield will actually help our survivability.
    Nature's Guardian - Tier 5 (lv 75) talent. Another returning old stuff, after we got the ghetto replacement on our Artifact trait.
    Seismic Armor - Tier 5 (lv 75) talent. I can see this maybe added for pvp purpose. But it doesn't necessarily great defensive tools. It might even worse with the EQ changes.
    High Voltage - Tier 6 (lv 90) talent. Replacement of Power of The Maelstrom artifact, maybe in even better version.
    Electric Discharge - Tier 7 (lv 100) talent. See new Fulmination above to understand this talent better.
    Stormkeeper - Tier 7 (lv 100) talent. I think it should has lower cd, seeing it's no longer buff the damage like what we have currently and it also has one lesser charge. I say 30 secs cd would fit better.

Changes
    Flame Shock - FS has cd at 6 secs. It's a shit change. Idk what they're thinking, but I just feel like this'll raise our target-switching issue all over again. Hopefully this won't get to live.
    Capacitor Totem - Cd is increased to 1 min, and stun duration is reduced to 3 secs. Pretty harmful change to pvp.
    Earth Shock - It also has the cd back at 6 secs. Wonder if it reverted back like the old time where all Shocks are sharing same cd (really wish it's not). The damage modifier is also changed, and it's really a huge change. Seeing how new Fulmination work, ES might no longer be our burst spender like we have now. Maybe it'll be more like a damage amplifier of sort. Not a fan of this change tbh.
    Elemental Mastery - Tier 2 (lv 30) talent. Interesting change, but I wonder if it actually a passive rather than a cd skill.
    Earthquake - It's changed to be like Moonkin's Fire of Elune talent, except it can't be relocated. Might be good on pve. But definitely a worse change on pvp especially arena. With that long cast time, I don't even think it'd be synergize well with Seismic Armor new talent. I'd be long dead before I can cast it out, while I hard casting the shit with those melees rape me big time.
    Fire Elemental - Shorter duration and cd. And it's also good to have additional perks on it.
    Storm Elemental - Dat new perks tho *_*.

Removed
    Elemental Focus - Wonder if it'd be impactful.
    Ancestral Swiftness - Going to Enhance exclusive.
    Voodoo Totem - Meh.
    Path of Flame - Not a real deal to me
    Elemental Fusion - Not a big deal to me as well. Not a real game changer on pvp to me, I mean rng is rng anyway.
    Gust of Wind - Going to Resto only. Another shit change.
    Earthgrab Totem - Also going to Resto exclusive.
    Icefury - RIP pvp.

tl;dr - I see some interesting changes. One of them is "Full Lightning Build" possibility (High Voltage, Storm Elemental, and Electrical Discharge or SK). I can imagine with a mastery haste build and Bloodlust, we'll be channeling LB like a tesla coil at huge SE stacks on our burst stage. Not a fans of Gust of Wind removal and FS ES changes. But this is early preview of Alpha stage. Many changes will come eventually. So we'll see about it.

Let's discuss!
    Last edited by Rezhka; 2018-01-27 at 08:47 PM.

I like lightning more than fire. Always kind of confused why elemental was made so fire focused when other fire based casters existed.

yeah i can't wait to have to manage liquid magma, CL/EQ, volcano/fire nova & stormkeeper while a warlock spams SoC and keeps up /sigh.

if icefury is gone elemental is back to useless in pvp, having 3 schools meant being locked out was nearly impossible now locking fire means you cast noodle bolt unless it actually hits for something or you've recently done a 75+ maelstrom ES. also icefury meant 4 GCD's of burst AND mobility something elemental desperately needs in WoW's hypermobile pvp scene.

10+ Year Old Account
    They also gave us earth shield....hopefully makes ele a little more beefy in PVP

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    yeah i can't wait to have to manage liquid magma, CL/EQ, volcano/fire nova & stormkeeper while a warlock spams SoC and keeps up /sigh.

if icefury is gone elemental is back to useless in pvp, having 3 schools meant being locked out was nearly impossible now locking fire means you cast noodle bolt unless it actually hits for something or you've recently done a 75+ maelstrom ES. also icefury meant 4 GCD's of burst AND mobility something elemental desperately needs in WoW's hypermobile pvp scene.
    elemental blast is instant, lava burst might also possibly be instant, lvb/lb both got bumped up to 15ms per cast, fire ele got buffed; might not be so bad

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antilurker77 View Post
    elemental blast is instant, lava burst might also possibly be instant, lvb/lb both got bumped up to 15ms per cast, fire ele got buffed; might not be so bad
    Did I miss something?

"Elemental Blast Harnesses the raw power of the elements, dealing [*725% [*181.25% of Spell Power*] Elemental damage and increasing your Critical Strike, Haste, or Mastery by 2,000 91 for until cancelled. Elemental Shaman - Level 75 60 Talent. 40 yd range. 2 sec cast. 12 sec cooldown."

Seismic Armor takes the cake for the most useless talent I've seen across all specs though.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRoads View Post
    Did I miss something?

"Elemental Blast Harnesses the raw power of the elements, dealing [*725% [*181.25% of Spell Power*] Elemental damage and increasing your Critical Strike, Haste, or Mastery by 2,000 91 for until cancelled. Elemental Shaman - Level 75 60 Talent. 40 yd range. 2 sec cast. 12 sec cooldown."
    mmo-champ lists it as being instant http://beta.wowdb.com/spells/117014-elemental-blast

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I like lightning more than fire. Always kind of confused why elemental was made so fire focused when other fire based casters existed.
    Same here. Lightning all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post

Tbh you can always spam Frost Shock when you got Nature and Fire locked, so nothing is actually change that much except maybe the damage. Icefury is a bit frustrating to manage because of the charges durations and the cooldown. If only those buffed FrS charges don't have the duration, it'd be much better. I think new Elemental Mastery is there for pvp purpose. I doubt it was a cd, it should be a passive considering it has proc mechanic and the talent itself doesn't actually have the duration by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    They also gave us earth shield....hopefully makes ele a little more beefy in PVP
    Fingercrossing on this. But maybe it'd be much better if stacked with that new Seismic Armor.

Instant spell changes on early datamining tend to incorrect. So I won't take it as a real changes.
    Last edited by Rezhka; 2018-01-26 at 07:38 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    mmo-champ lists it as being instant http://beta.wowdb.com/spells/117014-elemental-blast
    They also list static overload to be the old one http://beta.wowdb.com/spells/191634-static-overload so I wouldn't count on that.

It will also be interesting to see what they'll change fulmination to be. As it looks now, that Electric Discharge talent does nothing
    Last edited by JohnRoads; 2018-01-26 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRoads View Post
    They also list static overload to be the old one http://beta.wowdb.com/spells/191634-static-overload so I wouldn't count on that.

It will also be interesting to see what they'll change fulmination to be. As it looks now, that Electric Discharge talent does nothing
    http://bfa.wowhead.com/spell=260113/fulmination couple it with Storm Elemental and High Voltage (new talent). We'll be a dedicated Lightning Shaman .

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezhka View Post
    http://bfa.wowhead.com/spell=260113/fulmination couple it with Storm Elemental and High Voltage (new talent). We'll be a dedicated Lightning Shaman .
    Ahh I missed that I was looking at the old one http://beta.wowdb.com/spells/190493-fulmination. Will be good to be a lighting shaman!

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    That must be a mistake, it doesn't make sense in the elemental tree but in the restoration tree.

Deleted
    All in all, it sounds kinda cool. I hope they'll leave Gust of Wind, though. That spell is a lot of fun, and it's not like shamans were super slippery in PvP anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumrocks View Post
    All in all, it sounds kinda cool. I hope they'll leave Gust of Wind, though. That spell is a lot of fun, and it's not like shamans were super slippery in PvP anyway.
    Seems to be gone for now. Same with Lightning Rod and, sadly, Icefury.

Deleted
    Will fire nova be attached only to Elemental spec? Because i realy miss that spell on my Enha shaman.

gust of wind gone???? as for pvp, gust gone, icefury gone, stormkeeper gone... makes us again super stationary. that sucks. i re3ally font get the gust of wind change this one should have be baseline not removed.... (((

just saw, resto git it now and we got earthshield. would take gust any day over taht. that was a really useful and funny spell. like veryone took it so they remove that for us now...

also i would thought they would keep the iconic stormkeeper somehow and not that volcanic inferno thing (at least it does somehtong more now..
    Last edited by zire; 2018-01-26 at 11:06 AM.

Placeholder, unlikely to be instant. The same was the case for WoD and Legion when early builds had everything instant cast for Ele.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm disappointed to see no level 110 talents.

Ehh, not really liking the new changes. It seems like they're making us more immobile than we already are. ANd with Blizzard hard-on for super mobile PvE encounters and PvP where are sitting ducks.

Now maybe with the Azerite armor artefact system it will give us some utility or mobility, but right now it seems to me we're just gonna be a immobile turret caster.

Really hope the earthshield and spirit wolf talents make it to live, they are both nice additions to help with "squishy shaman" complaints for endgame. Also gives dps shaman decent utility with being able to put earthshield on a tank, arena partner, raid debuffed target etc.