Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

If Blizz accidently deleted your characters with no way to restore?

If Blizz accidentally deleted your characters with no way to restore

Lets say Blizz really did fuck up royal and accidentally deleted all your characters with a apology saying there was absolutely no way to retrieve either them or your achievements what would you do?

Would you rage quit the game? Would you carry on playing starting at the beginning? Would you firebomb blizz HQ in a moment of madness or would you scream IAM FINALLY FREE!

Seeing the bug today made me think how i would react to over 10 years of work and grinding gone in a instant with no way to retrieve it and how i would react.

I'd start leveling every single one of them to 110, enjoying the thrill of extended leveling time ten times over.

inb4 someone says this won't happen. It can. All it takes is for some derelict engineer to forget to back up something, or lose backups entirely.

I'd be annoyed but hopefully I have many years ahead of me and I don't try to spend my limited time on this earth getting enraged over video game shit. I'd let it go and move on.

7+ Year Old Account
    i mean i have friends that are online doing stuff on their chars, so if they did a clean swipe, they did a bad one :P

I'd just relvl stuff. im not attached to my chars or their gear but the experiences i have with people through my chars so aslong as i can play with the peeps - im solid

Quote Originally Posted by Sporebat View Post
    If Blizz accidentally deleted your characters with no way to restore

Lets say Blizz really did fuck up royal and accidentally deleted all your characters with a apology saying there was absolutely no way to retrieve either them or your achievements what would you do?

Would you rage quit the game? Would you carry on playing starting at the beginning? Would you firebomb blizz HQ in a moment of madness or would you scream IAM FINALLY FREE!

Seeing the bug today made me think how i would react to over 10 years of work and grinding gone in a instant with no way to retrieve it and how i would react.
    I would be a bit upset. But Blizzard has made changes of the years that have pissed me off more than merely haveing to level a new character.

I would be more inclined to quit over thier return to horde racial favoritism.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be most angry about losing all of my mounts.

Swift Razzashi raptor, swift zulian tiger, ashes of al'ar, invincible, TLPD, etc... all the other crap I could get over. But not losing those.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Funny thing is though there will be a point in time when blizz really will delete all my characters and achievements but i guess its just like dying its best not to think about it.

I'd see it as the finite reason to quit and never pick up the game again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    inb4 someone says this won't happen. It can. All it takes is for some derelict engineer to forget to back up something, or lose backups entirely.
    Blizzard isn't some guy with a tape drive in a basement somewhere.... lol They have much more sophisticated solutions than that. I could see a roll back happening, but a complete loss? - Not without a comet impact or a nuclear strike. This game is worth Billions - you don't just 'lose' your backups.

Quote Originally Posted by Sporebat View Post
    Funny thing is though there will be a point in time when blizz really will delete all my characters and achievements but i guess its just like dying its best not to think about it.
    Look at far less successful yet longer-running MMORPGs out there.
    I wouldn't think about it as a certain, unlike death.

Stood in the Fire TheRealDavidTwo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guess we'll charge back 'dem pre-orders if that happened :P

Done me a favour, broke the curse.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    lol

You're making it sound like one person could flip the wrong switch when they're leaving a server room and accidentally delete someone's character permanently.

lol
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I have not sub since they took my Ranged SV hunter from me... (in a sense they deleted the toon I played for close to 9 years),,

I doubt they will bring it back but if they did being a entire expansion behind now may be enough to keep me away.

There's no way in hell they don't have like 100 mirror servers.

if i lost my ashes + arena master i wouldnt play again

those 2 things + my elite cata paladin gear are my literal pride and joy from WoW. I have so many memories fighting streamers and losing my arena master title would burn them to the ground

Not only did i work insanely hard to get arena master, i put 281 runs into tempest keep starting in late BC. It was not easy to do TK runs in bc + wotlk and reserve mount every week and still get people to come....

That paladin was my first toon, and the one i made when i first saw the game at a friends house and played for 1000000000 days and i still have today.
    Last edited by Zeusy; 2018-01-31 at 02:38 AM.

Deleted
    I'd likely stop playing.

My main has been with me from the start; 400 days played, 150k honor kills, still retains his Rank 14 honor title from vanilla, if someone manages to kill me the honor rank still pops up. There is a deep connection to that specific character and my enjoyment in World of Warcraft.

He was he deleted with no way of recovery, no other character will give me the same feeling. So I would stop playing wow all together.

I'm indifferent about the achievement loss.
    Last edited by mmoc608cbe8d0e; 2018-01-31 at 02:37 AM.

It's not as if you wouldn't be able to play again. This scenario is far different from say TBC or WotLK.

Get another account, pay, get a 100 (110?) boost and be 110 in 8 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess it depends on what solution they offered. I'd probably be content with pre-made max level characters with decent gear and gold to take into BFA as I'm not really much of an achievement hunter or collector.

This scenario is very, very unlikely however. They probably have backups of their backups of their backups of their backups.