Thread: Demo Changes!

Page 9 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azelas View Post
    did they remove the shadow bolt volley he did? That's what he did in other alpha videos, it was kickass.
    Yes, at the moment he just stands there and does nothing. Doesn't even auto attack.

Doesn't mean they don't plan for him to continue doing the volley, but he could be something else entirely. Its alpha so things get tried out and scrapped all the time and you'll see snapshots of those times with each build that goes up.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, let's be real, the shadow bolt volley as it worked was never making it to live. I'm interested to see what they do instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Doesn't mean they don't plan for him to continue doing the volley, but he could be something else entirely. Its alpha so things get tried out and scrapped all the time and you'll see snapshots of those times with each build that goes up.
    Indeed. Just take the overall state of Demo's AoE in the current build. Demonwrath's gone and all that's left is HoG, Felstorm, Demon Commander, and (if you take the talent) Bliescourge Bombers. The felguard's standard attack doesn't even cleave anymore, IIRC.

I really doubt that's the state the spec will go live in. But it's early Alpha, so there's no reason to think they're not working on something new to fill that hole.

I'm glad he doesn't do the shadow bolt volley. That demon model was a melee mob, it was absolutely dumb thta he just stood there and cast shadowbolts, shadowbolts are such a bland spell. Make them do these big dark slash melee swings with a centralized immolation aura on him.

I also hope the graphics for bilescourge bombers gets changed, they look so bad.

They should replace the commander with an inquisitor.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

I think commander fits more to empower demons than an inquisitor.

And I'd prefer a Jailor summon instead of an inquisitor.

Nether Portal having a 2.5 sec cast time and SS requirement, considering the lag for resource spending triggering the demons PLUS the travel time of demons to your target...it seems like it’s triple dipping on everything that can make your dps drop significantly.

They just replaced the old ramp up with a new one. Thank god it’s optional. Blizzard needs to take away ramp up time for this spec. Doom being optional is a step to the right direction. But this Nether Portal is 1 step back.
    Last edited by sugarfree; 2018-02-24 at 05:11 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    The only thing I can make of it is the Destruction version is called Soul Fire and the Demo version is Soulfire...so maybe the Demo version name is just a placeholder?
    soul fire was a demonolgy spell, so most likely the destro one is placeholder
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

7+ Year Old Account
    The Commander should do Waves spells (like Chaos Wave, from old Demo) or a Cones spells (like what Argus does).
    I play @ Bleeding Hollow - US

Really a "commander" should do something relating to the troops (other demons you've summoned). More than likely just buffing them in some way.

Deleted
    Really a "commander" should do something relating to the troops (other demons you've summoned). More than likely just buffing them in some way.
    Doesn't he do that already?

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Doesn't he do that already?
    Yup, just a 15% dmg buff if tooltip is correct.

Though with the first iteration that really took a backseat to the shadowbolt volley and was more of an afterthought.

Which seems fair for something on such a long cooldown. I'd rather more power be baked baseline into summons than sinking so much of their power into empowerment mechanics to the point where they do mediocre damage without it.

Demo definitely needs more in the way of instant casts. Honestly, Dreadstalkers should be instant cast and generate 2 soul shards baseline.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    soul fire was a demonolgy spell, so most likely the destro one is placeholder
    It was updated in last build.

"Soulfire Calls down a demonic meteor full of Wild Imps which burst forth to attack the target. Deals up to Spell Power Shadowflame damage on impact to all enemies within 8 yds of the target and summons up to 4 Wild Imps, based on Soul Shards consumed Send the fiery soul of a Wild Imp at the enemy, causing [ 62% of Spell Power ] Fire damage. Generates 2 Soul Shards. Warlock - Demonology Spec. 40 yd range. 6 sec cast.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cygerstorm View Post
    It was updated in last build.

"Soulfire Calls down a demonic meteor full of Wild Imps which burst forth to attack the target. Deals up to Spell Power Shadowflame damage on impact to all enemies within 8 yds of the target and summons up to 4 Wild Imps, based on Soul Shards consumed Send the fiery soul of a Wild Imp at the enemy, causing [ 62% of Spell Power ] Fire damage. Generates 2 Soul Shards. Warlock - Demonology Spec. 40 yd range. 6 sec cast.
    yeah so it will be demonolgy and the one in destro will be changed to something else.
    but no soulfire was a demonolgy spell back in the day (Yes it was under desruction book but so was shadowbolt) but the talents effecting it were in demo mostly. (atleast for example in wotlk when it was actually used)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Which seems fair for something on such a long cooldown. I'd rather more power be baked baseline into summons than sinking so much of their power into empowerment mechanics to the point where they do mediocre damage without it.
    The damage was focused around the volley was my point, it was extremely strong.

The cd is also fairly short in the scheme of things, and can be made shorter with a talent if it stays. Though yes id like to see it kept in line as well.

Demo definitely needs more in the way of instant casts. Honestly, Dreadstalkers should be instant cast and generate 2 soul shards baseline.
    My largest concern is thus far there hasnt been anything done to address its over reliance on haste. If anything it may well be exacerbated.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2018-02-25 at 06:23 PM.

Yup, just a 15% dmg buff if tooltip is correct.

Though with the first iteration that really took a backseat to the shadowbolt volley and was more of an afterthought.
    it's a damage buff and it also increases the time they're up.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yeah so it will be demonolgy and the one in destro will be changed to something else.
    but no soulfire was a demonolgy spell back in the day (Yes it was under desruction book but so was shadowbolt) but the talents effecting it were in demo mostly. (atleast for example in wotlk when it was actually used)
    The Demo changes are getting me excited for Warlocks again. Played Lock from Vanilla Alpha until i finally broke down in Legion due to how awful Demo felt. R
    I really really hope we get a new animation with us chucking a burning imp like a fastball for Soulfire.

Conjuring an imp in one hand and launching them like a suicidal grenade just fits so well with Warlock's flavor.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cygerstorm View Post
    The Demo changes are getting me excited for Warlocks again. Played Lock from Vanilla Alpha until i finally broke down in Legion due to how awful Demo felt. R
    I really really hope we get a new animation with us chucking a burning imp like a fastball for Soulfire.

Conjuring an imp in one hand and launching them like a suicidal grenade just fits so well with Warlock's flavor.
    LOLOL i doubt it, but it may have an imp skull, that would be cool, like how shadow bolt has a default skull.

but yeah ive been playing demo lock since vanilla, with very short moves out like in SoO for destro because holy fucking balls.

i do miss wotlk demo lock, i loved soulfire being a proc based execute. cause once that boss hit 25% or you had an add that was 25% you just started FLAILING soulfires onto the boss like there was no other spell in the game
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2018-02-25 at 07:30 PM.

The damage was focused around the volley was my point, it was extremely strong.

The cd is also fairly short in the scheme of things, and can be made shorter with a talent if it stays. Though yes id like to see it kept in line as well.

My largest concern is thus far there hasnt been anything done to address its over reliance on haste. If anything it may well be exacerbated.
    I think ultimately they will have to desist with the model of using shards to maintain demons. Demons should be less about imp spam, and just have a smaller set of stronger demons on normal cooldowns, while the shards can be used to dump either empowerments or fuel mobile strong nukes like soulfire and hand of gul'dan.

I don't think haste will stop being so dominant if shadowbolt keeps generating one whole shard which in turns makes their generation so rapid that we also need to create rapid sinks for them, increasing the issue of rapidly generating and consuming resources for damage.

They'll also perhaps should consider incorporating some form of procs tied to crit chance, and rethink the mastery.