Thread: Demo Changes!

Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Haven't played in 3 years, skipped Legion completely, but subbed to level up my lock from 100 to 110, haven-t decided if I'll buy bfa.

Aff and Destro are pretty much the same, Aff being a bit cooler. But demo, oh boy, completely new.

One thing I dislike is the number of freaking demons it spawns, which is way too many imps n shit. Would've preferred just the big demon boys, and not having Infernal restricted to Destro (boo)

Anyway, I miss having a dot like immo , corr or doom. And I miss having to buff myself with Fel armor, or something. Soul link even.

Oh and the dreadstalkers ability is stupid af. Would have rather have my dot instead of that.

But a very enjoyable concept overall, and feels good playing it.

Not as good as WotlK Meta, but we can't live in the past can we. :P Yeh it was a simple concept and rotation, but oh man, when you popped that meta with potions, and had MC stacks. Hell broke loose !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    We can agree to disagree, the spec is a bit boring, sorry. Fixing numbers doesn't magically make it fun to play!
    You are wrong, all you need to verify it is go to the start of the thread where people were in heavens wrecking shit in Beta and telling how much fun it is. Heck you have people above confirming.

There was literally 0 mechanical changes since only numbers nerfs.

It's that simple. Buff the damage and that's it.

15+ Year Old Account
    We can agree to disagree, the spec is a bit boring, sorry. Fixing numbers doesn't magically make it fun to play!
    But you literally just got done saying that you would play it if they fixed numbers even if you find it mundane. So either fun isn't a factor here or you would find it fun to play.

If they buffed the numbers to make us 'competitive', I'd play the spec with little complaint. Right now it's a just a little mundane for me.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2018-08-17 at 01:36 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But you literally just got done saying that you would play it if they fixed numbers if if you find it mundane. So either fun isn't a factor here or you would find it fun to play.
    Let me clarify for the obtuse: numbers != mechanical enjoyment. It's in a situation right now where numerical balancing supersedes any real mechanic change. There wouldn't be a point of adding a spell or changing the mastery (as an example) because the answer is in the raw output of the spells/pets. That's all fine for most people (if we use forums as a metric). I'm not sold on the spec, though. Some of the talents need serious examining far past their numbers. Then I get this sperg telling me I'm objectively wrong because I don't like the spec's design lul. Nice meme. MMO-C is the cream of the crop for salty posters.

Mechanically Demon is perfectly fine, I just miss an aoe shard generator like demonwrath and some QoL like Dreadstalkers instant or a couple of talent tweaks; but is pretty strong just talking about mechanics.

Demon needs a dps increase, just that. Pretty early to say the %, but around 10-15% at least.

15+ Year Old Account
    Let me clarify for the obtuse: numbers != mechanical enjoyment. It's in a situation right now where numerical balancing supersedes any real mechanic change. There wouldn't be a point of adding a spell or changing the mastery (as an example) because the answer is in the raw output of the spells/pets. That's all fine for most people (if we use forums as a metric). I'm not sold on the spec, though. Some of the talents need serious examining far past their numbers. Then I get this sperg telling me I'm objectively wrong because I don't like the spec's design lul. Nice meme. MMO-C is the cream of the crop for salty posters.
    Right. But you said you would play it if it was made competitive which is numbers. You made conflicting statements then got salty when you were called on the silliness.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else notice their Vilefiend and Nether Portal just not going off? As in you hit the button, cast it, nothing happens/summons, and it goes on cd? I'll put it on the bug forum if it isn't already there. It happened enough that I swapped out of NP.

Edit: Okay, posted on forums and another lock said he's having the same issue. That's a bummer. Guess I'll spec out of Vilefiend until they fix it
    Last edited by Daws001; 2018-08-17 at 10:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    Anyone else notice their Vilefiend and Nether Portal just not going off? As in you hit the button, cast it, nothing happens/summons, and it goes on cd? I'll put it on the bug forum if it isn't already there. It happened enough that I swapped out of NP.

Edit: Okay, posted on forums and another lock said he's having the same issue. That's a bummer. Guess I'll spec out of Vilefiend until they fix it
    If you stand next to something or not on even ground, it might fail to summon.
    If you get the portal, it'll pop out. If you don't, it gets wasted.
    I actually managed to trap mine behind a door in Atal'Dazar and Bitey just stood there looking sad.

So I played demo for 2-3 dungeons (I'm ilvl 318) and I feel like it does enough dps to be on par with most of the classes. some melees does seem a bit overtuned atm but overall a little dmg boost and we would be good to go.

Grunt
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexchaos View Post
    So I played demo for 2-3 dungeons (I'm ilvl 318) and I feel like it does enough dps to be on par with most of the classes. some melees does seem a bit overtuned atm but overall a little dmg boost and we would be good to go.
    Same here 330 ilvl ... Demo in MM and Heroic is not so bad and even pretty good with single around 10k dps ( and more with BL) and a good burst AoE with the DS+Implo.

At the moment Affli are to OP on Single (probably Nerf in coming) and completly Useless for AoE (90% of our fight at the moment)...
    Destro... satifying that's all - it's boring as F... it feel like a Mage but less powerfull ahahah (my PoV )

Sorry guys, i'm 335 IL and a decent player and i try demo, with ench and right talent... my dps is too bad in single target.

10k it's impossible for me, i do half damage versus single target

Fun is subjective. You can't "fix" fun.

Grunt
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanatas View Post
    Sorry guys, i'm 335 IL and a decent player and i try demo, with ench and right talent... my dps is too bad in single target.

10k it's impossible for me, i do half damage versus single target
    Good Talent, Good Azerite Points, get some Haste... i'm hitting Instant DB crit 20k and more you stack your imps more the Dps will ramp up ! but yes it's slow :'(

Demo needs dmg. It needs to be the king of stacked cleave and tunneldps (patchwerk) for Locks. Mobility is not that bad If you spec PS and soul strike, and game your DC procs. I can stand If its not the best at target switching. That role belongs to destro.

I agree with many here. Demo's mechanics are pretty good. The only feedback I'd give mechanically is that we need a button that allows us to push every current summoned pet onto a single target at will for priority targets and bosses like the Heartsbane Triad - even if it was a talent you had to spec into. Affliction can re-apply it's dots very quickly in these situations, while we take a good 7+ GCDs to get back up to speed. I bring up Hearstbane Triad because the speed at which they switch who has the Iris means that we basically ramp up to full damage right about the time they switch again. You can game it, but it just feels terrible, and being the "Master Summoner" should allows us to at least tell the demons which target to hit.

As for damage, they definitely need a bit of love. I would say buff Demonbolt and Felguard damage a bit and we'll be good.

So I did a couple mythic tonight for the first time, forgot to record the first one, but the 2nd was streamed on twitch.tv/madmossy

Damage was reasonable competitive, providing there was enough time to build up, mobility was an issue. Boss damage was on the low side though, again mobility issues and ramp up times. Your also extremely reliant on dc procs without them your starved of soul shards.

Grunt
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madmossy View Post
    So I did a couple mythic tonight for the first time, forgot to record the first one, but the 2nd was streamed on twitch.tv/madmossy

Damage was reasonable competitive, providing there was enough time to build up, mobility was an issue. Boss damage was on the low side though, again mobility issues and ramp up times. Your also extremely reliant on dc procs without them your starved of soul shards.
    Thx for the Video No chance you are with War and Rogue in the dungeon ahahah not the best to compare DPS meter

Do not hesitate to lunch the Tyrant Faster with 6/7 imps + Dreadstalker - With the Azerite point intellect at the end of the Tyrant you can almost Tyrant on Cooldown you will be boost alot from this buff. And please do not HoG with 2 shards... not worth at all !! may seems faster but the lose of Dps is too big !

Quote Originally Posted by MrFiddleswitch View Post
    I agree with many here. Demo's mechanics are pretty good. The only feedback I'd give mechanically is that we need a button that allows us to push every current summoned pet onto a single target at will for priority targets and bosses like the Heartsbane Triad - even if it was a talent you had to spec into. Affliction can re-apply it's dots very quickly in these situations, while we take a good 7+ GCDs to get back up to speed. I bring up Hearstbane Triad because the speed at which they switch who has the Iris means that we basically ramp up to full damage right about the time they switch again. You can game it, but it just feels terrible, and being the "Master Summoner" should allows us to at least tell the demons which target to hit.

As for damage, they definitely need a bit of love. I would say buff Demonbolt and Felguard damage a bit and we'll be good.
    Imo the /petattack command should work for all active demons. It would make things much much better. Just macro it to shadowbolt or whatever you want and everything switches target when you do.

I don't know why blizzard doesn't want to implement this, it would be such a QOL change.

I agree with Schirmy

Affliction is like an 8/10 in terms of complexity

Demo is like a 2/10

Give it something to make it a bit more challenging... increase the skill gap a little bit. I feel like a gimped ranged ret paladin.
    Last edited by iggyMG; 2018-08-19 at 06:22 PM.
    Check my achievements bruh.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyMG View Post
    I agree with Schirmy

Affliction is like an 8/10 in terms of complexity

Demo is like a 2/10

Give it something to make it a bit more challenging... increase the skill gap a little bit. I feel like a gimped ranged ret paladin.
    or conversely, ret feels like a super sayajin demo
    i like demo, feels good, fits the lore... but the numbers are godawful...