Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    That's not the same thing. The warrior is either a tank or dps depending if he chooses the talent. He loses his defensive traits to dps. Where a cat could go bear and become immortal until healed back up, then go back cat. Basically still can, but not as bad as it was when Feral and Bear were the same spec. The old feral had the benefits of both DPS and Tank.
    Exactly. But so many biased towards druids and have no idea how actually Gladiator stance worked... Even a f.king restodruid can turn into bear any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    What is your reason, apart from being simply emotional?
    My reason? How about no other class being able to do two roles in one spec. That and the fact that they were not even close to being able to balance the talent so it really had no actual role.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    My reason? How about no other class being able to do two roles in one spec. That and the fact that they were not even close to being able to balance the talent so it really had no actual role.
    So actually you have problem with class uniqueness when it comes to other classes that you play. I get it.

Play 2 roles in one spec, but not at the same time is completely fine to me.
    Last edited by mmoc9aac36c166; 2018-02-26 at 12:39 PM.

So actually you have problem with class uniqueness when it comes to other classes that you play. I get it.

Play 2 roles in one spec, but not at the same time is completely fine to me.
    I don't give a crap about "class uniqueness" but Blizzard is rather poor at balancing their classes and they sure as heck won't do a better job with two roles in one spec. I'd rather have just one that might be at least somewhat balanced and useful.

It was hard to balance, it was either too good or too bad

Deleted
    I don't give a crap about "class uniqueness" but Blizzard is rather poor at balancing their classes and they sure as heck won't do a better job with two roles in one spec. I'd rather have just one that might be at least somewhat balanced and useful.
    Bad class balance is generalizing and making it good won't happen ever (e.g. look at tank representation at +20-22M ladders).

Btw I don't remember Gladiator to be gamebreaking OP, and it was also changed after a while, then removed. Removed, because Legion was in developement and the artifact system doesn't support being tank or dps with the same weapon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    It was spammy, high APM. I don't think devs create specs, considering everyone will use them with hardware/software that is capable of creating macros, completely removing the need for spam and reach maximum effectiveness.
    Last edited by mmoc9aac36c166; 2018-02-26 at 12:55 PM.

Bad class balance is generalizing and making it good won't happen ever (e.g. look at tank representation at +20-22M ladders).

Btw I don't remember Gladiator to be gamebreaking OP, and it was also changed after a while, then removed. Removed, because Legion was in developement and the artifact system doesn't support being tank or dps with the same weapon.
    No, it was useless. It had no role and there was no point in playing it.
    Oh, and there are no warriors in the top m+. Think the first one is at around 400-500 and he's pretty alone up there. They really do not need more things to balance there, obviously.

If you want to do damage, just switch over to arms or fury. It's as simple as that.

Deleted
    Oh, and there are no warriors in the top m+. Think the first one is at around 400-500 and he's pretty alone up there. They really do not need more things to balance there, obviously.
    So you get it now. It's a general problem since game launch and it will always exist. Yet there are these competitions that favor imba/fotm classes, because you need real min-maxing. This is where it all begins to be a problem. You can't just create competitions around such conditions where you don't have equal chances. (Equal chance, not equal outcome.)

No, it was useless. It had no role and there was no point in playing it.
    If you want to do damage, just switch over to arms or fury. It's as simple as that.
    As I remember, it was a dps role. It was not useless, it was fun to do damage with 1h+shield for the first time in WoW history.

So you get it now. It's a general problem since game launch and it will always exist. Yet there are these competitions that favor imba/fotm classes, because you need real min-maxing. This is where it all begins to be a problem. You can't just create competitions around such conditions where you don't have equal chances. (Equal chance, not equal outcome.)

As I remember, it was a dps role. It was not useless, it was fun to do damage with 1h+shield for the first time in WoW history.
    No, it was not and again it was impossible to blance. It brings way too much issues with it.
    Go play fury and pretend it's a shield you're using.

I'm not a Warrior main at all but I really enjoyed Gladiator Stance Warrior, it was very entertaining to play!

Deleted
    Go play fury and pretend it's a shield you're using.
    Logic: Ok, I go play fury and pretend I'm Luke Skywalker and it's a lightsaber I'm using.

Logic: Ok, I go play fury and pretend I'm Luke Skywalker and it's a lightsaber I'm using.
    Whatever works for you but the point is: The game does not need gladiator stance back. Thankfully, Blizzard agrees with me on that one.

I'd rather just have a brand new class with a Gladiator spec with the shield focused on CC and burst damage and the sword focused on precise slices, with a focus on bleed damage. Would it work in an MMO setting? I dunno, but i've used this playstyle in other games and it's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    That’s not true. If Fury was simming 1% higher single target than Glad then Glad was considered “too bad”. The community is absolutely ridiculous at times. If you were still playing Glad you would get harped on for not “doing more damage”. I ran into this exact problem in HFC. Most of you idiots don’t even know how sims work. I had one guy threatening to kick me for not going Fury even though I told him I didn’t have weapons for the spec and I was main spec Prot (which I first joined for but they had me switch) he just kept saying even if I had heroic dungeons weapons Fury would do more damage than Glad. I left the group after that because I refuse to play with morons.
    Last edited by Carnedge; 2018-02-27 at 06:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    I'd rather just have a brand new class with a Gladiator spec with the shield focused on CC and burst damage and the sword focused on precise slices, with a focus on bleed damage. Would it work in an MMO setting? I dunno, but i've used this playstyle in other games and it's fun.
    No new class needed. Only new spec.

My biggest regret in WoW is not playing Glad spec in WoD. In the WoD beta I leveled a warrior to 100, but when it came to launch, I couldn't stop playing my Spriest. I personally love sword and board dps but I just never got around to leveling my warrior until after Glad spec was cut.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Deleted
    Apples and oranges. Feral is a cat, uses energy and combo points as resource, it can go stealth and have minimal defense. Guardian is a bear, uses rage as resource. Completely different manifestations of a class.

Gladiator Stance however just removes threat generation, boosts dps output, gets a bit weaker defense. Everything else remain the same: your appearance won't change, only 1 single ability changes (or changed back in WoD), your weapons and fight style won't change. Only a bit different rotation and better dps output, that's it.

- - - Updated - - -
    Hm maybe your a young wow gamer but feral and bear spec was one spec pre Cata XD.
    So if some Tank spec gets back a option to switch dd with one talent it should be the druid and or the dk.

Both tank spec have a long story as dd spec.

DK could tank in every 3 forms frost blood and unholy and also could be played dd as blood.
    Since they destroy the class in cata to make it easier and have it easier to balance for them.
    In wotlk DK has Aggro Problem because Blizz cant put the same aggro mechanic in blood presence they give now to tank speccs.

And Druid were tanks and dps in the same specc only some talent switches was needed.

But BLizz decided to change the class full, because they hate that Tank and dps are 1 Talenttree and 1 spec.

Deleted
    Blizzard killed it, not Legion. Druids also have four specs, it is only a question of effort, which they clearly were not willing to make.

Deleted

Gladi warrior and prot Pali was turtle comb in Wotlk and it was stupid as hell in pvp.

Also fighting against a glad warrior in pvp was stupid.

Only switching stance its awefull design.

Every prot class wish to make damage in his spec but this never works well.

You see in Wod that Gladi warrior was overtuned and than undertuned, you cant balance a whole dps spec with only increase or decrease x % damage that doesnt work .

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    If Warriors can have a single talent that switches them between a DPS prot warrior and a Tank prot warrior, I want Guardian and Feral merged.

Actually, both of those are entirely reasonable. Bring it on, Blizz!
    There is a difference between the two. Back in WoD, you could not switch between gladiator and defensive stance in combat, meaning that if you were in glad stance when the boss was engaged, you were locked to that stance until you either killed the boss or wiped. Likewise with Defensive stance. Also if you were in glad stance, you were counted as a dps for things such as proving grounds and the legendary ring (although you could use the tank one prior to the actual legendary itself).

Guardian and Feral were originally a single spec until MoP, and druids could switch between tank and dps at will, even during a boss fight, completely different set up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Carnedge View Post
    That’s not true. If Fury was simming 1% higher single target than Glad then Glad was considered “too bad”. The community is absolutely ridiculous at times. If you were still playing Glad you would get harped on for not “doing more damage”. I ran into this exact problem in HFC. Most of you idiots don’t even know how sims work. I had one guy threatening to kick me for not going Fury even though I told him I didn’t have weapons for the spec and I was main spec Prot (which I first joined for but they had me switch) he just kept saying even if I had heroic dungeons weapons Fury would do more damage than Glad. I left the group after that because I refuse to play with morons.
    I managed to do endless 30 as gladiator back in WoD, although I had to wait until the stance got the 50% increase to mastery (and for blizzard to fix a bug with the mastery buff given to you). Almost got it done prior to the nerfs early into Highmaul.

Anyway people saying gladiator was terrible during HFC are ignorant, or just they just jumped on the hating bandwagon.